boardPro Reviews

4.74/5 (214 reviews)
Pros
  • Ease of use, one stop shop and very functional.
  • Everything is in one place easy to induct new trustees
  • BoardPro is simple to use for people of all IT abilities
  • Esae of use Can use on tablet easily Easy to communicate with
Cons
  • some of the UI/UX could be improved.
  • BoardPro does everything that I need it to
  • There is nothing that I don't like about it.
  • I'm still getting to grips with minute taking.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Grant Mitcheson G.I.F.E

Me and Boardpro

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Really good with the added benefit to link up with others in similar fields of expertise.

Pros
Ease of use, one stop shop and very functional.

Cons
Not much really. Sometimes I seem to get alot of notifications.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Grant,
You can change the notifications in your Organisations settings/Automation window.

Best Regards

Krystyna Beardman

My experience was exceptional. Enabled quick processing of critical information. Highly recommend.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-10-24

Personally I found the software enable the meetings we help to run much better, with a flow of information prior, during and afterward far superior to manually documenting the meeting process. Please note we are a sporting entity with no employed staff. The company size question below does not allow for a volunteer answer. I am grateful for the opportunity to have access to Board-Pro.

Pros
The ability to capture discussion formulate outcomes, and followup tasks assigned correctly as the meeting progressed, saving time and providing a fast and efficient record.

Susan Wylie

BoardPro for Planning

Reviewed 2020-01-24

The benefits of the software is that everyone is on the same page. We need to slow down and train ourselves to wait for people to open documents but not having lots of paper only used once is great!

Pros
I like that BoardPro keeps all our documents together making it much easier for Board members to keep in touch with the diverse element of the school planning. I've just used it for an additional Committee meeting and again they will arrive having all the documents read and annotated.

Cons
Typing into the software as the meeting progresses - we have a fast Chairman and flicking between Notes, Action and Decision boxes is cumbersome. Also it makes the draft minutes tiresome to proofread - so I will go back to taking the minutes as dictation in a Document and copying and pasting them back in.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Susan, thanks for your review. Don't feel bad about reverting to minutes in dictation. Many of our users adopt this approach and then complete the minutes , actions and decisions post the board meeting.

samantha jones

really like this software

Reviewed 2019-06-20

I have found that it cuts down my admin time and Board members are better prepared for meetings

Pros
I am not techy and i find it easy to use and great to refer to for past meetings. The Boardpacks are easily produced and popular with my board members. I had to use the online live help once and it was the best i have encountered anywhere. Feels like old fashioned customer service in a high tech world. Get it... you wont regret it!

Cons
i can't think of any. We have been very happy with it.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Samantha, it was so great to hear your response as to our service. We strive to be the best in the industry where service is concerned.

Reach out anytime

Chris Bailey

BoardPro makes managing the governance process more efficient and convenient.

Reviewed 2017-10-29

Pros
The software is intuitive so it is easy to quickly upload Board agendas, write minutes during the meeting, retrieve old meeting documentation and have your own assigned actions emailed directly to you. It is also useful to steer new Directors to a document repository as part of their induction.

Cons
The software is evolving quickly so more features will arrive in time e.g. online voting, online meetings within the software.

Sally-Anne Coates

Makes Board Meetings a Breeze.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-02-06

It used to take literally days to put everything together for the Board meetings now it's a couple of hours at the most once I've got everything in place. It makes my organisation look more professional.

Pros
I got really good support initially with setting everything up - literally one-on-one training via Zoom. Once I set up templates etc it is really easy creating the agenda and adding supporting documents to make up the Board Pack. One click and it goes out to everyone.

Cons
I'm still getting to grips with minute taking.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Sally-Anne,
Thanks again for your great review. It's so great to see you saving so much time using BoardPro.

Nicky Stroebel

Governance Made Easy

Reviewed 2020-01-16

I have always been impressed with BoardPro having used this product right from the start and still using it now. We produced our board papers manually so not only does BoardPro keep everything in one place it is a huge time-saver, reduces paper usage and money.

Pros
BoardPro is simple to use for people of all IT abilities

Cons
The font annoys me but that is a personal preference only

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great feedback Nicky. The fonts are a bit generic we know.

Best Regards

Antony Thompson

Te Uri O Hau use of boardpro

Reviewed 2020-02-22

Still really good compared to other board minutes

Pros
Esae of use Can use on tablet easily Easy to communicate with

Cons
Slow lag times uploading Prints outside of the margins at times Unable or find it hard if I'm with multiple Boardpro boards- eg I'm a trustee on 4 boards who use board pro and when i log in it goes to the default board login in Eg Te uri O Hau Boardpro cuts out my login for Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua login

Response from BoardPro

Hi Antony,
Thanks so much for your review. I have passed on your comments to the customer success team. One of them will reach out to you shortly.

Louisa Homersham

BoardPro saves me time

Reviewed 2020-02-04

BoardPro has made collation and publication of our board papers much more efficient. We no longer print board papers, so it saves us both time and money.

Pros
I like that BoardPro makes it easy for me to find past papers and see the latest version of information that has been provided to our governance bodies

Cons
BoardPro does everything that I need it to

Response from BoardPro

Hello Louisa,
Thanks for your great feedback and comments.

Penelope Roberts

Review of Boarder for use as board member.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-04

Good, easy to use and functions well generally.

Pros
I like it is all in one place across all my devices and changes and notes saved into documents.

Cons
I find it a little hard to navigate I don't like having to go back to meeting list to go to next meeting notes it would be good to be able go straight to the next meeting. I also find its a bit frustrating when it logs out during a meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Penelope,
Thanks for your honesty. Please reach out on chat if you would like to book a time with our customer success team. You can also book into any of our daily training sessions here https://www.boardprohub.com/resources/join-webinar/

Ross Phillips

Super efficient and super easy board controls

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Use it for our School Board of Trustees and find it helps with all administrative responsibilities of the Board.

Pros
Easy access to all related board meeting information. Easy minuting of board discussions and decisions. Handy application of an action to a board member with timely reminders of outstanding actions. Paperless board packs means cost efficiencies along with the ability of our Board to self manage the secretarial support requirements through using Boardpro. Super easy interface.

Cons
There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks so much for your great review Ross.

Holly Morchat

Great value for money!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-01

We were looking for a secure, online platform to host Board agendas, minutes, risk registers, and actions, with a historical library of past minutes. BoardPro is a great platform which delivers everything we need in an easy to use and intuitive software. As an Association, value for money is important, and BoardPro delivers great value.

Pros
Online, secure administration portal for our Board meetings with fast and helpful support.

Cons
Additional minute taking features would be nice, but not critical that they are lacking.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great comment around our support team Holly. We try super hard to provide awesome customer support. Great feedback for our team.

Garth Hinton

BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-06-04

BoardPro has been fantastic for managing our governance processes

Pros
- Intuitive and easy to use - great for tracking and following up outstanding actions - great for managing, developing and distributing Board Packs - Ability to save all governance documents in library folder

Cons
- input windows only autosaves on a timer and not when exiting the window (often inadvertently as you navigate to another page without remembering to manually save.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Garth,
Thanks for your great (and honest) feedback. I'll pass on your comments to our COO.

Jo Kelly

Great system

Reviewed 2019-11-24

So far I'm really enjoying the ease of the product and the time saving potential of it in terms of putting together a board pack without having access to pdf pro.

Pros
Very easy to use and to familiarise yourself with. User friendly. For those with little knowledge of governance and best practice it basically shows you the core essentials of how to put together a Board pack which is great for time poor executives.

Cons
The look of the reports produced are a little clunky and could use a bit of refinig/simplifying.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Jo,
We really enjoyed reading your review thanks. We especially liked how you are finding it so easy to navigate and use BoardPro. On the report side, we have passed your feedback to the product development team

Joseph stuart

great functionality and VFM

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Our governance compliance has really taken a massive step forward in having one place for everything. The usability of the software is really intuitive and creates strong value for money compared to comparative tools.

Pros
ease of use - really straightforward communication - updates and reminders are valuable to keep on track all of our governance docs are in one place that is easy to navigate and use - our governance effectiveness has really increased

Cons
some of the UI/UX could be improved.

Response from BoardPro

HI Joseph, thanks for your honest feedback. Our UI is going through some changes over the next week or two. We'll be sure to keep you posted.

Anonymous

Great Convenience

Reviewed 2019-09-18

Keeping our information, especially about the actions to be taken by the company, online is a huge plus. We can log in at any time and check progress in retrogression. This helps for future planning and adjusting our course of action going into the future. More so, we enjoy the reminders on the actions, they help keep us on track.

Pros
This is the best cloud-based board management software for our small business. It saves us a lot of time and takes out a lot of weight in preparing meeting agendas, and minutes. A huge plus is also a system in place that helps track progress on the actions agreed upon.

Cons
Saving the time by tying direct into the software does not really save you time when you are not accurate with your typing. There is no Undo button in there, and it causes a lot of problems for non-accurate typists, or simply wastes time as you would want to make sure that you type slowly, to capture accurate words, and spellings.

Harmoney Jackson

I find BoardPro saves me valuable time, and the ease of use of the system is great.

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Time saving, ease of access for meetings, being able to find necessary information quickly, having the governance documents with easy access for the board members.

Pros
All my meetings and documents are kept together in one place for easy access. Being able to send the board pack direct to my board members and committee members without having to build the board pack myself, then email saves me so much time.

Cons
Having the Register of Interest attached to the committee rather than the member means I need to load the interest for the same person more than once.

Nigel Fletcher

BoardPro for Boards or Committees

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-10-15

Updating and distribution of Board papers has improved consistency of delivery; Adoption by Board members has been very good, improving information flow in the process.

Pros
Central portal for all past and current Board material and records; Ease of updating and distributing Board papers; Ease of viewing, note taking at meetings.

Cons
Customising of agendas could be easier, but that could be a user issue!; Setting up of access levels and attendees slightly inconsistent, but once set up works OK.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Nigel,
Thanks for your review today. I'm glad to hear you sorted the people access levels. It can be a bit tricky when you are first starting out with BoardPro.

Henk Popping

boardPro review

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Our community of learning has been using this as a trial and it has been very successful. Am wondering what happens if we pull out. What happens to the information stored such as previous minutes.

Pros
It is easy to use once familiar with all the features and can be used across multiple organisations. The reminders and prompts are great as well as the action items from meeting to meeting. It enables us to be paperless and accessible during meetings.

Cons
haven't come across anything yet. Just need to spend time using all the features. The cost might be a barrier to smaller schools who have a tight budget.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Henk, please contact us about your trial and how to retrieve your documents.

Leandra Fitzgibbon

Love it!

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Pros
I use BoardPro for two organisations that I’m involved with. For both organisations I have been involved in implementing and the organisations use to varying degrees. BoardPro has helped streamline the monthly governance process and has helped with accuracy and record keeping. Was very easy to implement and the online training tools are very easy to use.

Cons
Some minor functionality around flexibility for creating agendas.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Leandra, thanks for such a great review.

Patsy Wilshire

My Experience with BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Prior to using BoardPro I would spend approx 6 hours a month just on putting together the Board Report and printing x 8. BoardPro has given me efficiencies and what I used to do in 6 hours I can now do in 1.

Pros
The time it saves in creating the Board Reports every month The fact that you can add minutes during the meeting How it auto-populates the actions to reminders

Cons
When we first started the trial all Board members were given their ID, from there it was easy to use and everyone quickly got used to the format. There is nothing that I didn't like.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Patsy, thanks for your great feedback.

Samantha Burling

Review - Board Pro

Reviewed 2020-01-12

I love board pro, I recommend wherever I can

Pros
Ease of use, auto save my work, cloning previous meetings and all the meetings on file

Cons
Nothing really, the software works really well for my needs and the clubs needs

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Samantha, its great to see you getting the value from BoardPro. Thanks also for recommending BoardPro.

Tegan Morris

Workflow magician

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-03

Very positive

Pros
This system makes it very easy to record, file and retrieve information so that it is safe but also accessible by the right people. It has made managing our board and organization documents much easier and more accessible which is both more resource efficient and more equitable as I have mobility limitations, as a result this system has helped immensely with how I can engage with the documents. It was also helpful to know that there are tutorials and online help features if there are issues.

Cons
It takes a little bit of getting used to navigating the system since I have not used a software system like this before and I didn't have an induction

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Tegan,
Remember that you can join any of our regular training webinars here https://www.boardprohub.com/resources/join-webinar

Charlotte nightingale

Great way to streamline your Board documents

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-29

It means that everyone can look at up to date documents without worrying whether the one you have is the most recent. And it is safe so employees don't accidentally stumble across sensitive information from a google drive.

Pros
I like the way you can use the timeline to access when you had your last meeting when searching for multiple minutes and docs for reporting to my funders. I love the way that I can hold the organisation documents in one place for ease of access.

Cons
Sometimes i have had problems changing permissions but I think that is due to the fact that I am often time poor so don't have the time to spend hours working stuff out!

Response from BoardPro

Hi Charlotte. thanks for your comments especially your note about having the documents in one place. This is one of my favorite features of BoardPro

Sean

Ebony Duff

Good value for NFPs

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Everything is in one place and instead of dreading this year's audit I am looking forward to it!

Pros
Everything is in one place easy to induct new trustees

Cons
I'm still getting a feel for it - just the use of Excel sheets in board pack.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Ebony,
Great to hear that you are getting on well with BoardPro. Thanks for your great review. Excel sheets need to be converted to a pdf in order to upload them to BoardPro. This is due to the heavy use of formulas and macros in Excel.

Please reach out on chat if you need help with this.

Thanks again.