boardPro Reviews

4.74/5 (207 reviews)

Pros
  • So easy to get going, and update as I go
  • It's easy to use and good value for money
  • Ease of use and connectivity of everything
  • The easy to use fields and and formatting.
Cons
  • The constant email reminders for Trustees
  • Nothing, so far so good. Need to spend more time using Board
  • I least like the way an action can not be easily be closed by the user.
  • It would be good if it had spell check and auto capitalisation correction
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Deborah Bosse

Board Pro Pros.

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Pros
I find it easy to use and like the face time connection clarity, both voice and visual.

Cons
The first time I used it was on my phone and I wasn't aware at that point that others who were in the meeting could see me on their laptops, so here's hoping that after 2 hours of meeting, I wasn't looking bored ... Yes, I know, I should have done my homework and watched some training videos. I also wasn't aware that if I made any distracting noises while others were talking that the camera could zoom back to me- or so I've since been informed. Had a good laugh at all the possibilities.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Deborah, great feedback thanks. I hope your board meeting went well? Not too bored I hope :)

Anonymous

Board Pro Review

Reviewed 2019-10-30

We are saving time, that means our board can focus on the business and I can focus on supporting them.

Pros
It is such an easy package to use. The board members can focus on the business instead of trying to find the latest report.

Cons
As a new user, I found it confusing when I first used the product. Then I found the tutorials.

Amanda Howley-Rouse

BoardPro - Minute Taking

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-25

The format is great. I take the minutes of our board meetings and the software makes the process very straightforward for me.

Pros
The easy to use fields and and formatting.

Cons
I least like the way an action can not be easily be closed by the user.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Amanda, thanks for your review. I have passed your feedback on to the product team. We are always trying to make the user experience better.

Thanks again

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Geoff Walker

Great software, filling a niche in the market

Reviewed 2017-10-29

Pros
Logical software, great record storage. Great support. Constantly being improved. Great monthly price. Easy for Board members to learn how to use.

Cons
There have been some bugs with the software but the developers have been quick to fix them when I raise them. Can run a bit slow when network is poor

Warren Peat

Trust Magic

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-06-20

Very good, recommended to others, best board software on the market

Pros
All in one place Logical and easy to follow

Cons
The constant email reminders for Trustees

Response from BoardPro

Hello Warren,
Thanks for your feedback. You can turn off these reminders in your company organisation settings. We do have a new feature on our roadmap which will allow you to manage notifications in a more granular level

Sam Milner

BoardPro Servey

Reviewed 2020-01-05

Great! good for what I need right now. Would be good to learn more about how it works at a high level. What other functions it has.

Pros
Easy to use with little to no training on the software.

Cons
Nothing, so far so good. Need to spend more time using Board

Response from BoardPro

Thank you, Sam. The team will be in touch to help you out with more training

Karaitiana Tickell

boardPro is our 21st century board management tool .

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Pros
It is great for board members to have a central portal for board papers and documents of interest. The secretariat is particularly happy with the efficiencies the Boardpro product has provided, which is making their job easier, using templates to take minutes and preparing board packs. Members are responding to the prompts and follow up items system through boardPro which is assisting busy members to complete tasks.

Cons
There is very little not to like, however boardPro requires a bulletin board for members to post interest pieces or make comments, post changes, apologies etc. securely without the need to email,txt etc.

Nicholas Chin

boardPro Review

Reviewed 2019-11-10

Cost and time savings have been a major benefit

Pros
Less costs compiling board books Alterations to papers Background documentation (eg Policys) Easy to use

Cons
Issues with convincing some Trustees Viewing and navigation can be difficult

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Nicholas,

Jeanette Corson

Streamlining board papers

Reviewed 2019-10-14

The process for preparation of papers is far more automated than ever before, easy, and produces a professional looking document.

Pros
The action sheet function Ease of moving agenda items which renumber automatically Drag and drop function for files

Cons
Unable to have separate action sheets for open/closed agendas of a meeting happening on the one day.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for your review and feedback. I'll pass your comments on to the development team leader.

Gemma Turney

Simple, easy to use, intuitive and great support

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-10-24

Ease of use, ability to track actions easily.

Pros
How easy it is to use as an administrator and for the board who weren't previously familiar with the product.

Cons
Not being able to annotate documents within BoardPro itself, however I imagine this may be standard across all board paper software as a security measure!

Anita Hamilton

Board Pro for NGO

Reviewed 2019-09-11

I love it, I use to struggle with sending out the board pack each quarter, having the pages number it's great and completely the minutes are so much easier.

Pros
Once it is first set up I like the methodical way of doing the Agenda and Minutes as well as keeping track of action items.

Cons
Having to convert all the documents to PDF can be time consuming but not impossible.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Anita,
Thanks for your great feedback. You can upload any type of common MS Office documents including word, powerpoint, images, pdfs etc... The only exclusion is excel where due to its heavy formatting should be saved as a pdf and then uploaded to BoardPro.

Please reach out any time if you need a hand.

Iain Laxon

Thumbs up for BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-08-02

BoardPro has made the creation and distribution of our Board papers so much easier. It's really easy to use in putting the papers together, and the flexibility of editing is great. It has helped the professionalism of what we do around our Board table and I think will help drive more improvements in our Board process. I would recommend BoardPro to anyone out there looking to improve the way their Board works.

Pros
The ability to work off templates or create and copy your own is great. Dragging and dropping documents into the papers works really well, and makes putting them together really easy.

Cons
So far, we haven't come across anything that's bugged us about the software.

Response from BoardPro

Awesome comments, thanks Iain.

Jay Allnutt

Helpful for managing the Board and keeping track of discussions

Reviewed 2019-07-01

Really excellent product, which has significantly improved and streamlined the preparation I do with the Board, and managing the ongoing discussion and actions coming out of our meetings.

Pros
I like how it has automated a process that I previously did manually which was very time consuming. Once every has the hang of it, it streamlines a lot of preparation and discussion.

Cons
It took some time to get used to it - and there are some clunky features. But this just takes time to get up to speed with everything.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your comments Jay. We are always updating the UI/UX experience and comments like this are very helpful.

Thanks again

Nick Webb

Worth Buying

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-26

Made compiliation of board packs easy and hassle free

Pros
Easy to use, saves lots of time, directors have no issues.

Cons
It would be good if it had spell check and auto capitalisation correction

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Nick,
I have passed your comments on to the product team. Spell check is a pain I know.

David Woods

Board software

Reviewed 2019-07-19

BoardPro makes it much easier to update documents, and follow current versions in Board meetings, rather than having to scour numerous emails - and the reminders and minute formats are useful as well

Pros
It's easy to use and good value for money

Cons
It's slightly less intuitive than some other products, but that's also offset because it's not as expensive, and therefore practical for NFP's and other entities

Response from BoardPro

Hello David, thanks for your kind words and recommendation.

Tui Yeager

Board Pro for Trusts

Reviewed 2019-11-10

All trustees are able to login to one central area where all our Board Documents can be kept. We are able to see our calendar and also actions that need to be completed prior to our hui. I really like the easy access to support when required.

Pros
Easy to use with one central port where all information is for our monthly meetings. Super easy to use and make comments on your own documentation.

Cons
The initial phase of getting use to working through the various folders and figuring out how to navigate.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Tui, especially your comment about our support. We try hard to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.

Kirsty Walsh

Great Package

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Very easy to use and set up the meetings and documents.

Pros
Ease of use and connectivity of everything

Cons
Format of board agenda's / pack. Would like to be able to change appearance of these.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Kirsty, thanks for your great feedback.

Ian McPherson

grows with your business

Reviewed 2019-06-21

very good

Pros
easy to use across the board, reduces the need for paper and makes the board process much more professional. ability to store all governance docs is very handy as is the fact that all individual reports are inserted into the agenda makes a one stop shop

Cons
pricing model around sub committees could be improved - would be easy if you bought a pack of 1 or 1-5 committees , up to 10 etc r

Response from BoardPro

Thanks so much for your review Ian. We do have Board + committee options. Did you see these ? https://www.boardprohub.com/pricing-commercial-nzd/

Please reach out if you need more assistance with these options.

Susan Trodden

Like an extra team member

Reviewed 2020-02-06

I spent way too much time collating Board papers, and then discovering that there were several versions of the Board pack in circulation. We were using Dropbox and invariably someone would get locked out, or unable to access on their smartphone...or something! I got constant requests for governance documents - same issue. I love that these are now all in one place and available via link in the papers.

Pros
So easy to get going, and update as I go

Cons
Nothing yet that I don't like. It would be nice to be able to easily pull a template (eg CEO report) across and work on it - a draft folder might be handy?

Response from BoardPro

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your awesome feedback.

Dave Birch

BoardPro is organized and consistently being upgraded based on our user feedback. We love it.

Reviewed 2017-10-25

Tidy, accurate reporting and management.

Pros
The best thing about the software is the cloud hosting so it available to everybody all the time. Our board secretary drives the content collation but board members all use in slightly different ways and on different types of device - but they all use it.

Cons
Constantly get lost with the minutes action items and the open action items on the published agenda. Maybe that's just me.

Lee James

Great product for increasing efficiency, ease of use and ensuring information remains secure

Reviewed 2019-07-24

BoardPro has increased efficiencies and ease of use for all Board Members. All those with access can review agendas, task lists and relevant documents from anywhere at any time. The fact that the information is secure and at your fingertips is of great benefit and an added bonus that the documents are stored electronically.

Pros
It is available to view and update from anywhere on any suitable device.

Cons
I would prefer an easier system of access to documents from people with different security levels.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Lee, great feedback. We are actually launching new access privileges next week. I'll also pass your review comments back to our tech team next week.

Ray Anton

Board Software that works

Reviewed 2019-05-28

As indicated above, solves the assembly and the security of board papers.

Pros
It was easy to learn and it solved a big monthly headache in preparing board papers. It also provides a secure place for important board documents.

Cons
Mostly works well. Could use more ways to link documents into the monthly board pack.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Ray, thanks for your great feedback. Let us know if you need assistance, particularly around linking documents to your boardpacks

Gayleen Staunton

Building a Board Pack

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Pros
Saves so much time when moving or deleting items as it renumbers all your items and moves your papers at the same time.

Cons
I haven't come across any cons so far, but we are still new using the software

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your kind words Gayleen

Howard Goold

From a new User

Reviewed 2019-11-25

As stated above.

Pros
Coming new into my job I was inducted into this programme in order to maintain up to date contact of our Board's activities and my responsibilities resulting from specific meetings. As a newbie, I have found this most helpful, and informative assisting me to feel a meaningful part of the Board's work immediately.

Cons
As only a recent user of BoardPro, I have yet to find any features that I don't appreciate.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Howard,
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. Great to see you getting the value from BoardPro

Chris Coombe

SME review of BoardPro

Reviewed 2020-01-08

Usability: Action item follow-up is automated and allows greater visibility. Also, management of Governance processes (Approvals) and documents (Minutes) is more streamlined.

Pros
Reduces the time taken and cost to prepare Board Packs, and serves as a secure repository for Board Papers. Allows greater flexibility and remote access to executives and board members.

Cons
Pricing for SME's is high. Would help if the subscription rates were more graduated.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and your review. We do try to keep our pricing at affordable levels for SMEs.