boardPro Reviews

4.75/5 (208 reviews)
Pros
  • Board papers, reminders, archived docs all in one place
  • Everything is in the one easy to find and manage place.
  • All content is available at all times.
  • I love the ease of use. The program also keep track of the status of my tasks
Cons
  • The Index page. Not having a poll option.
  • Nothing that we have identified at this time.
  • I have nothing negative to say about BoardPro
  • Cannot use for subcommittees without extra cost
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Barry Baker

A strong, functional alternative to email and dropbox.

Reviewed 2017-10-25

Ease of location and access to upcoming meeting info and historic ones - visbility of tasks

Pros
A simple clean UI that makes use straight forward, affordable pricing, online access. The ability to attach papers to the agenda and generate to do items as well as minutes is very useful.

Cons
The developments in recent months have removed any needs i had. I am looking forward to a iphone app to continue the ease of access.

Bry Kopu

Fantastic Tool To move Charitable Trust into future

Reviewed 2019-08-28

BoardPro has been a fantastic tool to move from a heavy paper based system to a more streamlined real-time Board Tool. We love it!

Pros
It’s easy to use and cloud based so Trustees can access information anytime.

Cons
Nothing really but I would like the option of ‘group’ tasks or multiple users being allocated tasks.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Bry,
Its great to see the value THF are receiving by using BoardPro. We love BoardPro too ! :)

James Farrell

Making board papers easy

Reviewed 2020-01-17

Pros
As a small not-for-profit in a highly-regulated area of service delivery, it's important that our board meetings are efficient and that we're well-briefed and prepared (without detracting from management's core focus - delivering services to vulnerable people in our community). BoardPro makes the process easy - board papers are accessible, follow-up actions are highly automated, and it's SO easy to use!

Cons
N/A. It's great!

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great feedback James

Jenni Davies

Simple but professional

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Excellent, so thank ful for it

Pros
That it collates documents, and meeting , great for a quick historical check up on something from a previous meeting. It's my Got To

Cons
Challenges with completion of task.. not always easy to get rid of the completed tasks

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your comments Jenni
Reach out on chat anytime if we can be of assistance

Anonymous

Recent Purchase

Reviewed 2019-10-17

This has provided more structure to our governance. While we had good processes in place this enables us to bring documents and workflows together in a single space without numerous documents and spreadsheets in a number of locations.

Pros
Easy to use both through the web portal and on an Apple device. Our organisation are new to the software but are enjoying its features and its functionality. Board minutes a great feature together with the ability to assign tasks and record decisions made.

Cons
Nothing that we have identified at this time.

Alison Cadman

Its just much easier!

Reviewed 2019-11-05

It has saved so much time setting up board meetings and producing reports each month. Its also a place where members can access papers easily. This has reduced board members contacting staff.

Pros
You can copy past meetings saving so much setup time. Very easy and straightforward to add or change agenda items

Cons
Excel spreadsheets don't save as part of the meeting pack.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Alison,
Thanks for your kind review. Excel sheets need to be saved as a pdf file before uploading to BoardPro. This is due to the heavy formatting of excel.

Best Regards

Margaret Holmes

Great for our Charity

Reviewed 2017-10-29

Pros
We use Boardpro to keep us on track at our Board meetings - whether they are by skype or face to face. We take minutes as we go, saving time and making sure we records everything. We have really lifted our game.

Cons
For a small charity it is a bit pricey - though this has to be weighed up against the benefit of making sure everything is recorded

Linda Klok

Great product

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Great to keep all our board reports and minutes together

Pros
I love the ease of use. The program also keep track of the status of my tasks

Cons
Cannot use for subcommittees without extra cost

Response from BoardPro

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your review. Please reach out to the team to discuss your sub committee requirements. There is a small annnual cost for additional committees and sub committees.

Kim Rutter

Board Papers at a glance

Reviewed 2020-01-31

Really streamlines the Board papers process

Pros
Board papers, reminders, archived docs all in one place

Cons
Apart from some small niggles (board pro keeps sending messages I am not interested in),I have had no problems with it.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Kim, thank you for your kind review. Would you be able to forward me an example of the emails from BoardPro you refer to?

Kris Beavis

Lose the paper

Reviewed 2019-12-23

The product genuinely meets my needs. Would recommend BoardPro as an option to other organisations/ boards.

Pros
As I travel by air to Board Meeting, I need full briefing of matters to be discussed, but not the weight of paper that goes with it. BoardPro achieves that for me.

Cons
Maybe the capacity to create a dashboard of desired metrics.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great feedback, Kris!

Graeme Hallett

Why I like BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-11-21

For me it is dragged me out of my comfort zone in the 20th century and shown me a more efficient and resource sustainable way to engage and involve in meetings. It is easy to use .

Pros
It means I dont have to take a lot of paper into the meetings. I just have to have my laptop and everything is at my fingertips. It also reminds me about action items and allows me to update them online. I can be better organised as it sends reminders and agendas so that I know what is going on an when it is happening without constantly having to check paperwork.

Cons
It took a bit of getting used to in terms of my own safety nets (paper in front of me) but once I got used to it is has been great.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Graeme,
Such a great review from you, thanks. BoardPro certainly saves time and cuts down (eliminates) the need for paper when preparing for and running your board meetings.

Amy Featonby

BoardPro use in a Secondary School

Reviewed 2019-11-10

I think that this is a really good system to use with the Trust Board- the Board is made up of a range of different people and this is a way that everything can be confidentially and easily in one location.

Pros
I love the regular reminders about meetings- these prompt me to look at newly added or updated materials. I really like the tick options provided that mean I can note when I have read a particular paper.

Cons
There was a time when the reminders were very frequently- but that bug was fixed promptly!

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great review Amy.

Pete Willcox

I like board pro because

Reviewed 2019-10-25

Just love the way we can scroll through the correct parts of a meeting

Pros
Ease of use and meeting flow. Its certainly helpful for the smoth running meetings

Cons
It's a little difficult to negotiate some of the features

Response from BoardPro

Hi there Pete,
Thanks for your review. Please reach out on chat anytime if you need assistance.

Sean

Wesley Fawaz

Amazing Value

Reviewed 2019-11-25

My Board has really enjoyed moving onto an online portal. The staff were very helpful during the trial period. The software is extremely user friendly, has all the specs that I need to build the agenda, move agenda items around, build the pack, email notifications to Board members, etc. I have already recommended BoardPro to another CEO. Well done on such a great product at a very affordable price.

Pros
So easy to use, has all the functionality you need for a very small price compared to other software options (I used Board Effect in my previous role).

Cons
The Index page. Not having a poll option.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Wesley,
Thanks for your review. You will be pleased to hear that the product development team are working on voting and polling for a release in the new year.
Thanks again for your positive review

Ross Hamilton

As relatively new users to BoardPro I have to say the whole experience has been great.

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Pros
The software is very user friendly. We have a broad range of skills on our board & they have all found the ease of use is great. Our board meetings are quite long and we have found that the use of BoardPro has made each member significantly more productive. Enjoy the ease with which you can look up the past minutes, agendas & appendices. The elimination of piles of paper & carrying lots of reference files is brilliant.

Scott Milne

Excellent listening company improves EVERY month

Reviewed 2017-10-25

Saves time. It is secure and transferable if i go under a bus. It is professional governance adapted for New Zealand business

Pros
The developers are always available to help and are always seeking ways to improve. I've marked this hard because it is not yet perfect but we will be sticking with it as the changes and developments are making it much more intuitive and indispensable, It is saving time and makes us present much more professionally.

Regan Savage

Super happy user

Reviewed 2020-01-30

I use it as a board director for an organisation based on a different city and BoardPro ensures I’m seamlessly connected with all the info I need.

Pros
I like the beta notes capture feature, overall ease of use, and the fact that I never need to print any notes.

Cons
The administrators clearly struggle with setting dates for multiple meeting streams

Response from BoardPro

Hi Regan, thanks for your feedback. Be sure to reach out on chat if you would like any assistance

Leanne Milligan

Effective and Affordable

Reviewed 2020-01-20

Pros
It is easy to use with little training required, low setup and ongoing costs and is an effective tool for board members to use.

Cons
Sorry - I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Leanne,
So great to receive your positive feedback.

Thanks

Shayne O'Hagan

A New User

Reviewed 2019-11-25

Broadpro makes for a quicker and more focused meeting.

Pros
As a new Treasurer on a Club Broadpro gives me an opportunity to review all the committee reports in one place prior to our meeting. I can download my reports and present my summary in brief at the meeting, knowing that all committee members have reviewed the numbers. Saves on printing confidential information to hand out at a meeting. Broadpro makes for a quicker and more focused meeting. Broadpro keeps all historical information in one secure place.

Cons
Starting of any new system requires initial time set aside to get familiar

Response from BoardPro

Hello Shayne,
We really appreciate the time you took to complete a review for us. BoardPro certainly saves time and provides a great way to keep your board meetings on track.

Lisa Pallister

Upgrade to Board Pro

Reviewed 2019-11-20

BoardPro has made preparing for meetings and minute taking easier and more streamlined.

Pros
Ease of preparing agendas Tracking of actions Ease of taking minutes and getting them to Board members quickly

Cons
Looking forward to actions being able edited by the user of the action

Response from BoardPro

Helli Lisa,
We appreciate the time you took to provide a review for us. We have passed on your comment regarding our 'action' feature to the product team

Vaughan Darby

boardPro has simplified distribution and access of Board documents to Board members.

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Made accessing Board papers and the updating of them so simple. Saved a lot of time in the process.

Pros
Easy access to Board papers and also the inbuilt prompts make followup of tasks much simpler and ensure action points from meetings are followed up in a timely manner.

Sharon Weiss

BoardPro

Reviewed 2020-01-16

Better visibility of actions required after Board meetings and the progress of those actions

Pros
The software is relatively easy to use and makes it so much easier to communicate with Board members in a timely way.

Cons
It isn't always intuitive. Sometimes you really need to click around to find how to do something.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Sharon, thanks for your considered feedback. Feel free to reach out to us any time .

Karen Crawford

Excellent Board management software

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Pros
Simplicity, very easy to set up and get started. Very intuitive for all Board participants. Enables very efficient means of producing and publishing board packs. Great for minutes.

Cons
Actions feature needs to have capability to post comments against the actions taken.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your kind review. I have passed your feedback on to Kim and her development team.

Anonymous

Who thought governance could be this easy!

Reviewed 2019-10-22

We have three boards, and Boardpro has saved us so much time with the storage of all key data, distribution of information to board members etc

Pros
Everything is in the one easy to find and manage place.

Cons
I have nothing negative to say about BoardPro

terry daly

BOARD PRO USER REVIEW

Reviewed 2020-02-10

having the board papers in one place that allows all directors to be on the same page is extremely good.

Pros
All content is available at all times.

Cons
slow to load on hotspot

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10