Box Reviews

4.27/5 (2,786 reviews)

Anonymous

Definitely on par with OneDrive and DropBox...

Reviewed 2018-05-10

They pretty much knocked it out of the park here. All the features of DropBox with better pricing scheme. Well worth the cost. I am currently using the free plat the moment as I transitioned a lot of my files to another service due to a large amount of data. However as I grow the other types of documents I am sure I will go back to paying again...

Kevin Gunn

Great for sharing files

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I prefer this over some of the other file sharing options (their security controls are a little better). One of the advantages is the ability to edit text files within the browser without having to download them locally and re-sync (though I think some of the other file share sites now allow this as well)

Anonymous

Good for office document sharing and collaboration

Reviewed 2018-06-26

A central repository to share all business documents for collaboration purposes. It works really well with Microsoft and Google's software. It is also seems to be the most accessible online collaboration and storage software for people that use screen readers, etc.

Steven Turner

Enterprise Ready, Plan On Deploying Some Sort Of Overall Butt Governance.

Reviewed 2016-06-21

Overall our implementation experts went above and beyond to make sure that we would see a high adoption of Box within our organization. Also, our Box CSM has been extremely engaged in taking feedback from our organization and helping us grow our use cases and implementation.It integrates fully with our identity provider, Okta as well as integrates with several other butt services we use such as Office 365.

Marnus Louw

Great for enterprise projects

Reviewed 2017-08-08

This was used as part of our enterprise projects and did an excellent job at securely managing our file repositories across all devices and users. Professional and clean to useBox made it easy enough to add external client users and also great administration ability to keep internal info secure.

Bonnie Miller

Reviewed 2018-10-24

At first it was great, IT transferred over all our office files from the shared drive into Box all at once, and we were able to add new files to it easily. Unfortunately later when we had multiple people working on the same files it was difficult to access the correct version, and it became very time consuming. I think we should have re-named and sorted the deep files (more than 3 folders deep) into more easily accessible folders, and we should have deleted older files before we had IT transfer everything over. If there is a warning it would be to make sure you clean up old files and really only transfer what you need.Box is great when you have a really large file that is just too large to send via email, it can be a life saver! It is also very helpful when you need to keep multiple edited versions of the same file, so in case you have to access an earlier saved version you can.

Jenny Maughan

I've used Box intermittently over the last 3 or so years while working in advertising and tech.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-30

Box is great for massive file sharing. If I'm sending an exceptionally large file, I'll send it via Box vs. another platform. Box is known for supporting large files and they certainly deliver on that. What's also great about Box is it has unlimited cloud storage which is not the case for competitors like Dropbox. It has all the necessary privacy and collaboration features that other file sharing platforms have, too, so it may be one of the best if not the best option out there. The main issue is people aren't as familiar with it.

Arlex Guzman

Box, work sharing from the cloud.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Box has been very useful for working documents and technical reports prepared in teams.I like that it allows you to make executive documents and save them in the cloud. It is possible to share the content and also edit it which is shared as well. It is possible to access from any device connected to the internet (PC, Tablet, Notebook and mobile phone).

Jeremiah Forrister

Exactly what we need - easy to use, secure, and up-to-date.

Reviewed 2017-12-06

Safety and security for extremely important documents.We have almost never had any glitches, malfunctions, bugs, etc. while using Box. It has been exceptionally reliable from day one. User interface is very easy to use - you don't have to go digging to find functions. The buttons that are needed can be found on the left side of the screen, or the top-right. Easy beans! The layout is cozy, and it has just enough personality to be fun, but stay professional.

Antony Maina

Box is a Great File Sharing and Cloud Storage Tool

Reviewed 2018-12-12

My experience with Box is great because it keeps our files well-organized, secure and because it promotes oneness or collaboration at work. It makes it possible to access files or business documents from wherever we are.I like using Box because it is a powerful collaboration, file sharing and cloud storage software. Its simplicity makes it our favorite collaboration software. It promotes teamwork at the workplace. I also enjoy using it because it has a user-friendly interface. All our files saved on Box are always organized and secure.

Anonymous

Box is by the far the easiest and fastest way to share files with other people.

Reviewed 2018-07-01

In a job where hundreds of documents need to be shared with coworkers and changes are made almost every day, Box has significantly improved our organization and collaboration. It is extremely accessible and allows everyone to have the files they need right on their desktop, without needing to search anywhere else. I love that Box is easy to install and is accessible right from your desktop, or online. With the BoxSync desktop feature, I don't have to spend extra time logging in to a separate system to access the files I need. Additionally, the storage capacity is great.

Sean DeCrescenzo

Better substitute to other tools on the market

Reviewed 2019-02-01

We use this as a more secure alternative to Google drive for my medium sized business. It's great for managing all of our teams content and reporting. Being able to work on stuff simultaneously has been great for managing event contact spreadsheets and keeping all of our data up to date. Overall this is a great solution for anyone looking for a great cloud-based storage system.Very secure tool for managing content SSO option is a time saver Great for managing entire portfolios of work The ability to edit things in the cloud is essential for a fast-paced business environment The user interface makes it easy to manage all of your content easily Very simple and classic design

HUGE Box Fan

Reviewed 2018-05-03

It makes my daily life easier.I like everything about Box. It's fast, it's effective, and it's easy to share with others. It's our only filing system we use at work, we don't even save anything to our individual computers. I think everyone should use Box. I was an incoming employee as a backfill to someone who left. Usually that process can be very difficult, but since we had Box there was 100% continuity. It was easy to pick up where she left off because of this product.

Marvin Parnell

Awesome cloud storage, very organized and easy to navigate and use.

Reviewed 2018-07-23

no need to wait, jump in and get your free cloud storage. This really is a great personal cloud.I like everything about box. I got in when this cloud software just came out and they were giving away 50GB on signup. man have I used this cloud software/storage solution a ton and I have a ton of data stored there too.

Jordan Rooney

Functional Cloud Storage Service

Reviewed 2018-07-06

It did keep my documents safe, secure and backed up. I never worried about losing all my files. It has some good features like 10GB of free storage, but still doesn't stack up to others I like that it is reliable, trustworthy, never gave me a problem or lost any of my data, and I would continue to use for years had it not been for some rather large cons to the service. Overall it does exactly what you want it to do

Jen Yeh

Easy and HIPAA compliant

Reviewed 2017-10-07

Ability to store HIPAA compliant data in a method that is easy to access from anywhere. I appreciate the easy-to-use interface that I've begun to like even more than Dropbox (which I'd used for years prior to getting a Box account. The most appealing feature is being able to store PHI in a HIPAA compliant, easy-to-access-from-anywhere account.

J. Mickey Merguerian

Perfect Cloud solution

Reviewed 2018-11-20

If your company is looking for an alternative and want it to be 'just like microsoft explorer' then this should be #1 on your list.- This product allows seamless access to shared folders without having to worry about constant logging in. We've had multiple other cloud based services all with varying amounts of issues, this was the only one that truly acted as if you were saving a document to your desktop

Maddie Anderson

A must for sharing and storing large files!

Reviewed 2018-05-07

I love knowing that all of my files I share and store on Box are secure and can be reliably accessed from many different platforms. The unlimited storage version allows us to send large art files to our licensors with ease as well as leave comments on specific files. The ability to view multiple documents at once is very helpful! The interface as a whole is very organized and easy to navigate. You can favorite specific documents for quick viewing.

Ray S.

Great tool for collaboration for large teams

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Box allows easy collaboration between large teams. It is especially helpful if you have members that aren't local/intranet as it does support this without an issue vs. other similar tools. The dashboard to see what projects I have access to is intuitive to navigate. File management is also well-designed. Desktop folder sync comes in handy, but using the web interface is also as simple as drag and drop.

Robert Parrish

Box provides a very accessible framework for file storage with a large number of vendor integrations

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Retired legacy network storage. Configured to allow storage of sensitive data. Company is great to work with and support is world class.Very flexible. Company is great to work with and their support is top notch. The document preview supports a wide range of application document types. AI offering looks to be amazing and we are looking forward to leveraging that.

Jordan Zoot

Box Is our "Go To" for Enterprise Content Mangement.

Reviewed 2016-10-13

Box is the top dog in the Enterprise Content Management, Collaboration, Sync and sharing space, NOT back up. The places where box truly shines are solutions thought through for varying verticals, tools for regulatory compliance, integration with numerous apps and development platform. Ability to structure folders, automation, integrations available, platform agnostic.

File Sharing Easily

Reviewed 2018-09-28

The team has done a great job with Box, which still is one of the most used cloud content management and file sharing services for personal use and businesses. Drag-and-Drop is a great addition to the UX. Collaboration and file access permissions are great options. Price-wise Box is on par with its competitors. Great option overall for file sharing and hosting.

Anonymous

Box is a great way to store documents when you have remote workers

Reviewed 2018-06-13

The two main benefits of Box are having all my documents stored securely, and everyone has access no matter where they are.Box was easy to use once set up, and made it easy for all remote employees to access the documents they needed, and to make sure they were accessing the most recent version.

Natosha Miller

I am so pleased with Box

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Excellent product for a great way to protect documents and photos without difficulty to access later.Box is very easy to use a site and a great way to save all files and documents in one place. It has a free service that is perfect for plenty of documents to safely keep put and access when needed. Easy to use and doesn't cause difficulty to get any file later on when needed. Plus, It can handle many documents not just photos or ebooks. I am so pleased with over the years of using it and still hold documents, delete documents and organize them the way I like. It's fast simple and just the best way for me to save plenty of things, I don't feel ready to toss just yet or will need later on.

Great Cloud Storage Value

Reviewed 2018-12-31

First of all, I was blow away with the fact that upon signing up my drive came with 10GB of storage. That is more than all of my other drives combined. Also, it has the same type of android compatible app as my other drives do and give the same ease of use. Box give me an overall better value than the others.Box comes with an enormous amount of initial space compared to the other cloud storage drives.