Box Reviews

Box

Secure Content and File Sharing. Free Cloud Storage.

3,759 reviews

Definitely has all the bells and whistles

Unmatched cloud storage integrations to better meet the needs of our organization.

Pros

Box has plenty of bells and whistles when it comes to cloud storage. I started using Box a long time ago and there are still a number of features/integrations that have not even been mentioned by some of the alternative solutions.

Cons

It may not always be as intuitive as some of the alternative cloud storage solutions and that makes it a little less attractive. I think the pricing is just average too.

Weird overall experience

Pros

I found Box to be easy to use, and very easy to share documents with other users. I was looking forward to working more with it.

Cons

Call me paranoid if you like, but the following experience changed my mind about using Box. I received a phone call from a rep at Box who informed me that they could tell that I had been using Box for my business and because of that I needed to upgrade my plan. When I asked how did they know how or for what reason I was using the software? Were they looking at my files that I'd uploaded to the cloud? The caller paused for a long time and then said that they just knew. I asked, "How do you know?" She hung up.

Great software for sharing content

Pros

Very easy to share content and download it.

Cons

I dislike that the content deletes if you do not download within a short time span.

PBS Box Uses

Pros

Box has started to replace our network shares to help us free physical space to help drive cost.

Cons

The lack of HD before it was announced. Now that HD was announced I think we will be able to use Box more for our digital department.

Version control and cloud file sharing

great product for file sharing

Pros

Multiple users working on a single document through MS office integration, and this document also maintains a version history. Very effective in managing version control on documents and large files. Have replaced our dated SharePoint instance with box.

Cons

integrations with MS suite needs to improve, some critical features are not available. Also the product should allow for sync control to a frequency that we desire. Overall a great product.

Box - Simple Storage solution!

Box is fantastic! User friendly, easy to navigate, all encrypted, functionality to comment on documents and create dated tasks is brilliant! Box is my favorite cloud storage software! Highly recommend it!

Pros

I have been using for just under 12 months, there have been ZERO issues! Box is function and worth its weight in Cyberspace Gold!

Cons

NIL - only 'old-timers' being sceptical about cloud storage - that's not Box's fault though!

Features just as good as the competition and better software integration

Sharing & collaboration is made easy and secure in the corporate/enterprise world

Pros

Box is just as good at just about everything other popular cloud based competitors but where it stands apart for me is it's wide array of integration capabilities with other software solutions I use (like Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Docusign)

Cons

Pros

1. Size of free storage was sufficient 2. documents are available on multiple devices

Cons

Lacking desktop sync option so i tend to use less than other options.

Easy to collaborate

Pros

Easy to upload and share documents. Simple layout and good support portals to help staff.

Cons

Nothing stands out directly as a con. I have been impressed.

Helps with managing files

Pros

Box is a good application for the use of managing files. Helps with sharing files with friends and keeps the backups.

Good and flexible product

Pros

What I like about this product and vendor is the way we can adapt the solution to our needs

Cons

What I like the least about the product is the search feature that returns always clumsy results

Why aren't you a Box customer?

Pros

Ease of use - accessible from anywhere! I love being able to share easily with external parties.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of - love the product, company, employees!

Cloud storage done better

I enjoy using box to share files. It is incredibly user friendly and a great value for the price. It includes apps for all devices and the sync works well on my mac. Most other business services I use integrate with Box.

Pros

-easy to use interface -strong security -file sharing urls -permissions at file and folder level -versatile API

Cons

-UX problems in spots -preview is slow -sync can be slower than other cloud based storage options

Great cloud storage platform

Box is really good software to store your files in the cloud

Pros

I've been using box for a while and it has been working really good, as good as other well known and more renounced cloud storage platforms

Cons

Box really does what it has to, there may be some limitations in the controls of the platform that could easily be improved,

Simple and feature rich

I have completed the Box Certified Professional training and am very familiar with the admin and support of Box as well as from an end user's perspective. It is as simple as you would want out of the box, or as customizable as you'd like if you want to incorporate it into an existing workflow.

Pros

Integrations with Microsoft office provide a seamless experience. The mobile app allows access to content on the go (and you can save offline).

Cons

Box sync is very confusing and not dependable, but they are slated to release a replacement product next year.

I used Box as a student for storing data for projects and assignments.

Easy to use for organization and storage of data.

Pros

It was easy to use. Easy to backup the data that I needed. It kept my information safe, stored, and easy to access.

Cons

I also use Github for storing code for software projects. I am not sure if Box has the software APIs which allow for easy upload of data and code. This would be a nice feature.

A huge file storage by Box software

Pros

* the company employees may just drop and save files externally at Box Folder * shareable link to all to access shared files

Cons

* confidential files are risky but access can be limited through manage permissions * no other issue than that, and it's very efficient having a huge file storage limit

BOX - 11/20

Love the tool, just need a way to update my access.

Pros

I like that we can collaboratively share documents with clients and vendors not within our own company network.

Cons

My company email address recently changed and now it seems as though I know longer have access to the boxes that have been shared with me :(

The best ally to protect your files in the cloud

It is a widely used tool to share documents between different areas of work, perfectly replaces the shared folders on the PC, since we can have the information available from any mobile device in case of meetings outside the office.

Pros

It is one of the best platforms in the cloud, it allows you to save and share files easily, it has a minimalist interface that has all the necessary tools to fulfill your mission. It works with shared links which is a great advantage, another important aspect is security and in that aspect it is one of the best in its class

Cons

You can not edit documents within the application, it would be very good to implement it

Close, But Not DropBox

Pros

It is tough to compete with established biggies in any business and in cloud storage it must be brutal. Their interface is easy enough to use, but not as seamless for a Mac user. Kudos for snagging the box.com domain though, I bet that cost $$$$.

Cons

It just felt like the runner-up. DropBox is so easy to use, as I am Mac-based, that I don't even think about it. Even Google Drive makes is so ez there is just no real reason to try any other unless they offer the sky and the moon. People you share links with should just be able to click, download and go...no sign-up, nothing more.

Box

Pros

I have been using box with 2 different companies. I like being able to go back and view prior documents.

Cons

I find it difficult to go from one company to another.

Great solution for businesses, but not so much for individuals

Pros

Lots of storage, easy to share files with others, and safe and secure. A great solution for businesses who need online storage and sharing capability.

Cons

It's great for businesses, especially with the added security, but it's not very practical for individuals as it is more pricey than I'd personally like for my own use.

Perfect for sending audio files to preview

Helps with privacy of sending files.

Pros

I like that only the people I share the link with can access the files. I like that people can preview and only download what they like. I also like knowing if someone had previewed or downloaded a file one there.

Cons

I think it needs some work aesthetically. They only reason I don’t like using it is because when I’m giving a presentation of something to listen to the first time this platform is what they are going to see as a first impression.

Box Sync makes my life SO MUCH easier

When you look at the big picture, most of the cloud-based file sharing companies all do the same thing: organize documents and files in folders that can be shared with other people. What I like about Box is that it does this with a clean, easy-to-understand interface. There are icons, sure, but most of them actually make sense and are located somewhere on the page that makes sense. I like versioning and being able to access previous versions, and I LOVE Box Sync - open from a file folder, make the edit, and save - no downloading and re-uploading necessary!

Pros

Clean interface, good colors, Box Sync, custom sharing/security options

Cons

Sometimes sync takes a bit longer than I anticipate, people have a tendency to upload duplicate files - neither of these is really Box's fault, though.

Great tool

Overall the experience has been positive. I've enjoyed using this tool.

Pros

This is a great storage tool and a nice competitor to Dropbox. It allows for a lot of storage and easy navigation

Cons

There's always a limitations when you don't have fully paid versions or if you use the less expensive price points however it's still a great product