Box Reviews

Box

Secure Content and File Sharing. Free Cloud Storage.

Box

3,717 reviews

Good cloud storage choice

Box does the job for me, sharing files between devices over the web is made easy with box.

Pros

I have used box to save and share files for a long time, it is easy to use and syncs seamlessly on all my devices.

Cons

The software, Box, works perfectly for me, but it is relatively expensive when compared to other software in its category

Good not great

Pros

Easy to use, and a nice idea. I like having all of my documents in one place that I can always come back to. but the problem was coming back to them....

Cons

So, when I left box after school, I was unable to access my documents which was very stressfull and irritating. Not happy with the lack of accessability in that regard.

Good Storage Solution

Pros

Box provides seamless OS integration for backing up and accessing data in the cloud

Cons

Could use more storage space at better prices

A lot of space to file online

We use it to share photos, videos and documents with our bloggers.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Also there are mobile version we can access from anywhere and it has 50 GB to save files.

Cons

It is not so good to upload video neither to run at same platform, but no problem with other kind files.

SugarCRM integration support

Pros

SugarCRM is no doubt, a complex CRM available within open source industry. Box provides a kind of plugin to attach files directly to Sugarcrm account area. Box API helps developers to see reporting on various aspects.

Cons

Can it be integrated with other CRM options including SalesForce and Pipedrive. It would be great if I can attach files to Pipedrive as well from Box account.

Great for Sharing Files!

Used it to share files with my clients, and co-workers, as well as other Realtors. My photographer as also able to use it, to send me a link to access the photos he had taken for my listings.

Pros

Easy to use, across many different devices. I was able to access it from my Chrome Desktop, as well as my Android Phone, and Android Tablet.

Cons

Not too many cons, would like to see faster upload speeds for the Desktop version, sometimes uploading a large number of files, a very large number of files, tends to slow down the upload.

Very useful

Pros

We love that we can share documents and presentations easily.

Cons

Not really anything I can think of except the syncing sometimes takes awhile.

Is another good cloud storage option

Pros

The free version is great, I have been using it for a while an it has allow me to know the product better, I could do the upgrade but right now I'm with another cloud storage app but box is a good option too.

Cons

I think there should be more tooltips or something for new users, at the beginning there are somethings that are not as intuitive as with other tools, that and the permission or sharing options, I was struggling for a while at first.

Box is amazingly accessible and easy to use

Despite the couple of negatives, Box is very functional and easy to use. It has saved me an exorbitant amount of time so I no longer have to download files to a thumb drive and/or log in via VPN from home to access my files. Highly recommend this product!

Pros

Ease of use portability Access from anywhere with an internet connection Attach files directly to messages/emails

Cons

You can't lock people out of the files when you're using them You can't move files easily between folders on the app

Box is far and above the greatest business tool I have ever used

Pros

Their constant innovation and core values are what separates Box not only their competitors but other players in the industry

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Box. Due to their recent UI refresh, they have answered all my complaints and far exceeded my expectations.

Simple to use and powerful enterprise file sharing software

Pros

Box is enterprise file storage, management, and sharing at its best. It is by far the easiest way to share large files with a large group of people, and the built-in integrations make it so easy to use with other tools such as email and Microsoft Office.

Cons

For people who are more familiar with Dropbox and Google Drive, it can be hard to find some of the features in Box, such as the sync to desktop, but aside from this, I have no complaints with the software.

Box is one of the best cloud storage services available

Pros

- Syncing is less impacting than Dropbox - Can share files with external users

Cons

- More expensive than Dropbox - Web interface is clunky

The best experience to protect and share documents with others

Unlimited access to information when and where you want but at the same time controlled to be seen only by whoever you want, a unique versatility feature

Pros

Ideal cloud service to protect files in the short term and share it with whoever you need. It works very well, it is popular, many know it, simple, without complex details of use, with a professional looking interface with which you will have control of documents with a simple click

Cons

The price of paid plans can be an expensive service

Simple & Functional

Pros

I like being able to upload documents and sharing them with multiple people working on a project. I like being able to select only certain documents to share with certain people.

Cons

I think the interface is a bit boring. It's simple and easy to use, but just needs a little something to make it interesting.

Adoption of product

Pros

Ease of use and compatibility with others vendors. API capability

Cons

not much, everything is easy to use and our users like it.

Like Storage

I like the fact that is saved the most updated changes and you could share that with the other collaborators.

Pros

I liked the fact that this software allowed multiple users to make changes to a particular document.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't use the document if it was already open on someone else's end but I understand it.

Very simple cloud based storage

Pros

Box is very easy to use and manage files and folders. Simple to share folders with other users. Very straight forward.

Cons

The mobile interface is fairly difficult to use at times. Certain features that I am used to using on a desktop do not seem available through a mobile browser.

Just okay

Pros

Its pretty simple to use and navigate. Great for collaborations among groups/teams.

Cons

I will say is that the box sync feature should have a method for preventing multiple users from working on the same file simultaneously. If one user is editing, the other should only be allowed to open it as a "read-only" file to avoid files being saved over each other (and subsequent work loss). In my opinion, its just a less good version of google docs, but there's nothing WRONG with it. Personally, I prefer to have a single google account and password that connects me to multiple services, rather than having a SEPARATE box account.

Solid Software for File Storage and Sharing

We needed to securely deliver data to clients, this was an easy solution to do just that

Pros

- Ease of restricting access to folders amongst organization users - Ability to share data externally, outside of the organization - Mac based app allows your folders to integrate seamlessly into your Finder folders on your Mac

Cons

- The Mac based app is very expensive in terms of RAM usage - Sometimes the external share URL has changed without notice

Good file sharing with secure and flexible feature

This is still giving me a better selection. I am looking at others too but this is winning every such time. So cost /feature based competitor.

Pros

Folder level sharing credentials, No limits on transactions, no security issue not seen any downtime.

Cons

The create user and create folder users are giving feeling of is the user for the system or for the folder. There is some fine tuning needed here.

Studing with Box

Pros

It is really easy to use once you get use to their interface. For me it's a great way to share documents with teachers and fellow studentes.

Cons

Actually, the only con I can think of it's all the permissions you got to handle in order to share documents with a group of people.

Great for only personal use

Backup services were sorted quickly and with little management involvement.

Pros

Great backup software for personal use. Some small to medium companies might be ok with this backup tool.

Cons

For some medium to large enterprises, box might not have enough management tools and policy controls.

New Box User

Pros

We just started using Box, and are hoping to fully migrate to this software within the next year. We currently use SugarSync and in the short time we have used Box, we've found that we've run into less issues with syncing all of our team's documents so that everyone can quickly and easily access them.

Cons

As a new user to Box, there isn't a whole lot that I don't like about the software. Right now, I'm a happy user!

Great cloud-based file management program for freelancers

Love the security and online-based access. Would reco it to small businesses and freelancers that don't need much cloud storage space.

Pros

I like that there is a free version that already provides 10 gig of file storage -- compared to other providers that only allow 2GB for free plans. It's also cloud-based so access is always easy.

Cons

Nothing much to dislike. Maybe it is not advisable for users who have a lot of video files as 10GB will be eaten up quickly. If not, it is a good choice!

Box - A Great Alternative to Sharepoint

This is a shared file system that solves problems for businesses needed shared networks without a server.

Pros

I like that it syncs right to your computer. It was super easy to get all the files shared with employees and then sync to the desktop so I can access without going on to the site. I've used Sharepoint before too and I think I like this better.

Cons

I haven't seen any so far. It works for what it's supposed to and so no complaints!