Box Reviews

Box

Secure Content and File Sharing. Free Cloud Storage.

Box

3,719 reviews

Box - A Great Alternative to Sharepoint

This is a shared file system that solves problems for businesses needed shared networks without a server.

Pros

I like that it syncs right to your computer. It was super easy to get all the files shared with employees and then sync to the desktop so I can access without going on to the site. I've used Sharepoint before too and I think I like this better.

Cons

I haven't seen any so far. It works for what it's supposed to and so no complaints!

The learning curve was pretty simple as the program is very intuitive but we had multiple files go missing and customer support was not able to provide assistance or a solution which has been frustrating.

We have been very frustrated with the loss of files but it was an investment of time and money to get our whole team set up with box so we have been sticking it out. We set a timeline internally where if we are still having problems with lackluster customer support we will need to switch systems.

Pros

Very intuitive Simple to use Compatible with many other programs and devices Easy to explain to new team members

Cons

"Syncing" has been unclear and inconsistent Files go missing at random and are unable to be recovered Customer service has not been able to provide solutions, support, timely coorespondance and assistance, or able to recover missing files

Good integration and easy to use

Pros

Very easy to integrate with other software tools. Interface is clean and doesn't require a long on boarding period for new users.

Cons

Though intuitive, the detailed controls can be cumbersome to manipulate. Wish there was better functionality across multiple platforms.

Box is a great cloud storage management tool

Box is a secure cloud tool that enables file/folder creation, sharing and collaboration, while offering an array of useful functionality such as storing of file and folder paths, access controls on files and folders and integration with other software such as Smartsheet, Netsuite and Docusign

Pros

- Administrators can secure files and folders - Easy to share and manage content - Easy to integrate with other tools

Cons

- Box UI doesn't make the most use of white space - Tagging feature will no longer be available

Box Review

Easy to use - simply upload or download files. Nothing hard about this product

Pros

Easy to use. Very easy to upload and download files from Box. Doesn't take up space in your emails.

Cons

I have no issues or nothing I dislike about this software. The only annoyance is not everyone uses Box, but that's a personal preference.

Using Box for Enterprise

Pros

Box is very responsive to customers. Their product is reliable, easy to use, easy to administrate.

Cons

There have been some glitches and errors that Box has been unable to resolve. However, the escalation process is very good.

Mass Shared Storage - at a price

Pros

I liked that box allows all users to upload to their system with secured password access. I also liked that files could be locked to prevent being deleted by other users either by accident or with intent. Finally, I liked that the folders could be accessed by multiple users at the same time.

Cons

I feel as though, for the price, there are other solutions for online storage. My employer used box for less than one fiscal year before moving on to another platform, and I would imagine that part of that change was because of price. The other piece is that this product is simply for storage - there isn't much other functionality. Other products out there allow multiple users to edit at once, and that's not what you get with the box platform.

Works well for shared projects

Pros

Box is a helpful tool for sharing documents across teams, and avoiding version control issues. It's also easy to toggle the permissions for different folders/users.

Cons

I find Dropbox marginally more user-friendly, but they're pretty indistinguishable to me.

Just what you would expect of a storage service

Pros

Does what you expect. Secure and never had any issues with this.

Cons

Restriction on maximum file size and metered bandwidth (for the free version)

Box is just OK!

Pros

Box is very functional. It works well in the cloud because it was built in the cloud. It is a good accesory for personal and business needs.

Cons

I believe that they need to provide more space as files are becoming larger and you can run out of space very early.

Tough competition to Dropbox

Pros

1) Way better than google drive and one drive 2) Lets you have the drive stored on your computer 3) Lets you access the files from the computer

Cons

1) Tough competition to dropbox. 2) Saw some minor technical glitches

Pretty good all things considered

I like box and it is a good product overall. I can’t complain too much, it is better than nothing and better than competitors for sure

Pros

Good compatibility with a variety of files and excels at file synching

Cons

Can sometimes be slower than others when updating files to the server

A good application for business

Pros

Excellent software, we have implemented it in my place of work and it has been great, we have been able to develop some important work tools for the development and advancement of the organization.

Cons

I have not had any major problem with the implementation of box, it may be that in some particular cases the use of the tool has been complicated but nothing that has not been resolved, can improve the interface a bit.

Safe file storage through privacy policy of Box

Pros

* your files are safely shared to all users you only choose to have an access and can also edit particular files * Ease of use is great

Cons

* So far, no any concern regarding it's effectiveness and the interface is very user-friendly that anyone can easily adopt

Great if you don't have Drive

This is an excellent product, and very user-friendly. This was revolutionary for me at first, as I could store everything "in the cloud" and share documents with my colleagues. Then Google Drive came out and became more widespread. Now that we have that, we have switched much of our collaboration with documents to Google Drive since it integrates so easily with Gmail.

Pros

Easy to use, and nearly anyone can use it.

Cons

Google Drive is free, and much of the sharing of documents that you do on there can be done on Drive.

B for Business Needs

Pros

Lots of features offered for professional cloud service and excellent customer service. The integration with Microsoft to edit documents and have them automatically updated via cloud is life changing. Along with the encryption security makes it a must for business in the 21st Century

Cons

Lots of features to get use to know and learn about. Need an upfront investment in this cloud service for your business

Box -- when it works it's great, when it's buggy it's terrible

I've been my firm's Box manager for about two years. Sometimes the platform is fine; sometimes it's buggy. And getting support to fix it is painful and slow.

Pros

I like providing different levels of permissions.

Cons

I've had so many tech challenges and tech support can't always fix them

Simple Online Storage — Could Use Better Search

Pros

Creating new folders, uploading multiple files at once, and creating sharable links to resources to links/files are all simple tasks. That makes Box a great tool for distributing content internally. I believe you can even create external-facing file paths that allow clients to view work without accessing all of your files.

Cons

Searching for files can be a bit tricky. It's difficult to tell how Box prioritizes fields when searching for keywords. That makes it difficult to tell where to drop terms when naming/labeling files. Also, some of the top-ranked results seem to have the least relevancy.

Box Review

Overall I have had a very positive experience with Box. I know that my files are safe and easy to get to.

Pros

Box is a great platform that allows for easy file access and management. Being in a communications role, I am constantly creating and using new files, and having quick access to them is key.

Cons

Box is a great platform and I have no negative feedback at this time. I would highly recommend it as a cloud file storage platform.

Not as relevant as they use to be

Pros

Give you a generous space free up front which makes them very favorable to use

Cons

Alternate software have much better support and integrations

I really like "Box".

It allows me to store and share my files with my team. And we use it for that.

Pros

We use this software for file storage. We can share the stored files and this eases our work and saves a lot of time. The UI is very good, I love it! There are also training materials for not that experienced users. It is definitely a software I will continue to use.

Cons

We haven't found any cons for now. It does what we need, but very well.

Cloud storage and collaboration solution

It is a great cloud storage and collaboration solution for businesses.

Pros

I use this work to share files and documents with my colleagues. It is very easy to use and make new folders and add pdfs, documents and other files. I like how it sends an email when you share a new document with someone.

Cons

I have gotten used to using google drive and having all my documents, create documents and shared documents in one place.

10GB free space for all customer...!

its very good for small individuals , if you are from small scale or large scale industry you should paid little bit more for your storage space

Pros

box is the wonderful cloud space for store and retrieve data from any where.

Cons

cloud service are based on internet, some time server take delay

For a Free Storage - Box rocks.

Pros

Can't beat 10G of free storage! Box is very easy to use and intuitive - no need to google "how do I" do this or that. You can share files, store files, sync your files to desktop, collaborate with co-workers and pretty much do anything a cloud storage service was designed to do. I have absolutely noting negative to say about Box.

Cons

I think this is the first review I wrote where I can't think of anything negative about the software.

This is a great app, easy to use

Just the simplicity of use. I can literally take a photo from the app and upload it directly, Great way to upload

Pros

I like how easy this is to upload contracts, pictures, videos and any other files directly from my phone. Simple and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about this is if I'm uploading at the same time a colleague is uploading, it looses my upload. So, two people can't be using it at the same time. But, this is minimal.