Box Reviews

Box

Secure Content and File Sharing. Free Cloud Storage.

3,759 reviews

Safe file storage through privacy policy of Box

Pros

* your files are safely shared to all users you only choose to have an access and can also edit particular files * Ease of use is great

Cons

* So far, no any concern regarding it's effectiveness and the interface is very user-friendly that anyone can easily adopt

Great if you don't have Drive

This is an excellent product, and very user-friendly. This was revolutionary for me at first, as I could store everything "in the cloud" and share documents with my colleagues. Then Google Drive came out and became more widespread. Now that we have that, we have switched much of our collaboration with documents to Google Drive since it integrates so easily with Gmail.

Pros

Easy to use, and nearly anyone can use it.

Cons

Google Drive is free, and much of the sharing of documents that you do on there can be done on Drive.

Almost to Dropbox Level

Pros

I've only recently started using Box after using Dropbox for must of my professional career, however, I have only found one flaw that I've highlighted in cons section of this review. That's not bad considering how much longer Dropbox has been in the cloud storage game.

Cons

Documents saved in box don't inform you if the document has been modified recently like Dropbox does.

B for Business Needs

Pros

Lots of features offered for professional cloud service and excellent customer service. The integration with Microsoft to edit documents and have them automatically updated via cloud is life changing. Along with the encryption security makes it a must for business in the 21st Century

Cons

Lots of features to get use to know and learn about. Need an upfront investment in this cloud service for your business

Not as relevant as they use to be

Pros

Give you a generous space free up front which makes them very favorable to use

Cons

Alternate software have much better support and integrations

I really like "Box".

It allows me to store and share my files with my team. And we use it for that.

Pros

We use this software for file storage. We can share the stored files and this eases our work and saves a lot of time. The UI is very good, I love it! There are also training materials for not that experienced users. It is definitely a software I will continue to use.

Cons

We haven't found any cons for now. It does what we need, but very well.

nice sharing app

I think Box is a good data sharing software, use to learn how to use and safe to put my data/document in it. So far so good

Pros

I used box from 2 years ago as I was been told this app was safer to put my document into. I think it works well in data security. never heard anybody losing their data.

Cons

I think this software is a good one, easy to use. I will not complain as it satisfy my needs. maybe can be better if the upload speed can be faster.

10GB free space for all customer...!

its very good for small individuals , if you are from small scale or large scale industry you should paid little bit more for your storage space

Pros

box is the wonderful cloud space for store and retrieve data from any where.

Cons

cloud service are based on internet, some time server take delay

For a Free Storage - Box rocks.

Pros

Can't beat 10G of free storage! Box is very easy to use and intuitive - no need to google "how do I" do this or that. You can share files, store files, sync your files to desktop, collaborate with co-workers and pretty much do anything a cloud storage service was designed to do. I have absolutely noting negative to say about Box.

Cons

I think this is the first review I wrote where I can't think of anything negative about the software.

Easy file sharing

Pros

It's really easy to share files on this platform.

Cons

The app had less functionality than the web client.

This is a great app, easy to use

Just the simplicity of use. I can literally take a photo from the app and upload it directly, Great way to upload

Pros

I like how easy this is to upload contracts, pictures, videos and any other files directly from my phone. Simple and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about this is if I'm uploading at the same time a colleague is uploading, it looses my upload. So, two people can't be using it at the same time. But, this is minimal.

Simplified File Sending

Overall, our team is happy with the functionality of Box and how easy it is to send/share files.

Pros

We use Box to send files with our clients. It’s a quick, easy way to upload a file and share it with our clients. They can easily download and access a file without the need for their own account to access the file.

Cons

We’ve been happy with this, and do not have any complaints. It works well and without any hiccups for our clients.

solid cloud storage service

Pros

i like that it frees up memory on my computer

Cons

the user interface could be better and can use updates

Store your files to share in an orderly fashion

Pros

I love that it seems to be a very secure software because if you are not an administrator of a folder, it is quite complicated to see what is inside it. It is an ideal functionality when you work with companies different from yours.

Cons

As its functionality is to share content with other people, you expect it to be available on all the PCs you shared at the same time and, sometimes, this does not happen.

Very reliable cloud platform with easy notes collaborative functions

Pros

The best thing I like about Box is that they give one of the highest free storage for a free user. I also like the Notes feature with it's collaborative functions. In addition, for Microsoft Office users, the integration with Office 365 platform is seamless.

Cons

One thing I don't like about Box is that the price is a bit high compared to other cloud platforms. But then again, for a free user you get value since it provide a high storage.

Box

I would highly recommend this software to anyone who downloads or files. It is very user friendly.

Pros

This software was extremely easy to use. It is also very quick with files.

Cons

I do not like the fact that it asks you sign in constantly.

Great service for sharing and storage of files

It is my standard solution for backup and sharing files.

Pros

This cloud service is great for micro/small business. Offered features are very good. Best features are security, collaboration, 3rd party integration and administrative control.

Cons

It is needed to add feature that you can download separated files without compression before download. Other feature that is missing is a understandable permit level management.

decent enterprise cloud storage

Pros

frees up space on my laptop with cloud storage

Cons

not as easy to use as dropbox and more expensive

10GB Free Cloud Storage!

I use this software to store files that I need in my freelance work. I can access it anywhere and never worry about losing it.

Pros

Easy to navigate UI. 10 Gigabytes free storage. Can be installed natively on your computer. This software is similar to Dropbox.

Cons

You may want to use the storage online-only so you don't clog up your local hard drive. This is the Achilles heel of all cloud storage.

Gift Box

I have used it for a number of years from my windows 7 laptop, but I now also run a chromebase and do not use it there. If I can figure out how to make it compatable I will.

Pros

It offers free storage of files. The free amount is competative with other cloud services. It is easy to store and access from most operating systems.

Cons

It is difficult to store from a chrome base system such as a chromebook. There may be a technique required for this, but support did not offer it.

Use it for data storage

Storing data and information for other team members to access easily.

Pros

Box is great for data storage. For me, I do research collaboration with other researchers from different universities. In many cases, we are required to share files so I just upload that file in designated box folder where everybody can access. It is also useful for backing up your research data.

Cons

It is just a storage platform so not much to dislike about. The pricing is very reasonable but it requires a minimum of 3 users, I don't know why. Although, it can be understood that a team will probably have at least 3 users. Multiple team members can work on a document online at the same time by uploading it in box but it is not that useful since it has less functionality than MS word.

It's a value for money cloud storage tool

Pros

Powerful and fast storage servers.Especially great for business user with large data storage requirements.

Cons

The user interface may not be for everyone as it's clumsy and counter-intuitive at times.

easy to use

Pros

I liked the ability to pull up files from my phone so I can always have access

Cons

I was always afraid of accidentally deleting something from my account because I worried I'd be deleting it from the whole group

A good solution to store your files safely on cloud.

Pros

-It offers SSL file transfer security. -The capture mode on mobile allows you to upload pictures straight to cloud.

Cons

-The storage space per dollar makes Box a little expensive compared to competitors. -The file size is restricted to 5 GB.

No problems and intuitive interface.

This software allows us to easily share files with our creative agency. It makes collaborating on large files a breeze.

Pros

It is very simple to figure out without any sort of guidance or tutorial. I think I prefer it to Dropbox, though they are very similar in what they do.