CardBoard Reviews

CardBoard

Web-based collaborative user story and journey mapping tool

CardBoard

Great for road maps

Nothing to add

Pros

Quickly typing a card for road map planning and back log grooming

Cons

No titles for columns of cards so had to use a card as the title

Cardboard review

Pros

I love the ease of adding cards up on the board and the software. Helps with project management.

Cons

Learning curve. Should be easier to learn

For the love of sticky notes

Business problem that I solved using cardboard was whiteboarding via web and having this same sticky note experience in a virtual space.

Pros

I enjoy using the app for it's easy to use functionality. It resembles sticky notes in the way that anyone could use it in person, but via web. This allows many users to function and collaborate quickly and easily with team members of different capacities.

Cons

I think there could be some additional updates to the UI regarding spacing to help distinguish the levels a bit better.

It's a great software to mapout your epics and big initiatives so as to have a full picture

It helps to collaborate across teams in multiple geographies easily and efficiently.

Pros

Its easy to use and provide a virtual story board to collaborate easily and efficiently across locations. It also helps to ensure important use cases are not missed. Provides an easy way to export and share it too.

Cons

The integrations with other product managers's products where individual stories from the story board can be exported and detailed user stories can be created for engineering is lacking or not easy

My Opinion

Overall this is a solid product. There's minor things that need improvement in terms of performance but for the price it definitely gets the job done.

Pros

I like the style and layout of this software. It is similar to how I organize my ideas in my head, on paper and just in general. So for that, it is very easy to understand the workflow and organization of the program.

Cons

There's definitely a small learning curve to really get the most out of the product. Which is sort of inevitable I suppose. I think some of the "bulk actions" and clicking & dragging functions could use some improvement.

CardBoard made easy and not much to it

Pros

ease of jotting down any process , project notes and not having to rewrite everything. Easy to move steps and reorganize Easy to share with immediate group network

Cons

The only issue I have is it is not easy to download and share with other that do not have the same tool

Slice & Dice

Pros

CardBoard makes it really easy to visually plan out the product roadmap and slice into different releases.

Cons

Can't think of anything after the new update

Collaboration at scale

Pros

The software makes it fairly easy for several people to trade ideas and collaborate at the same time. The interface is fairly intuitive, even if someone is new to the product.

Cons

There are times when I found myself unable to edit the card I created without having to click several menu items. Even after having used it multiple times, I ran into unexpected results when trying to create, move or edit new cards. I would also love to have this export as a text or csv file to make it easier to use the results in other applications such as Jira.

We now have CSV exporting options! Thank you for your use of our product as we look improve!

Cardboard is a good tool

Pros

Cardboard is very easy to use. It allows us to quickly add user stories in story planning and to then determine how to slice the stories to create meaningful deliverables.

Cons

It's still a bit clunky. Moving several stories at once is difficult.

Perfection that's seemless

In one work amazing. It was a tremendous help during or Sprite Zero. Thank you for an awesome product.

Pros

The most appealing part of the software was how easy it is to use. Everything is seemless and smooth.

Cons

Only recommend changes I would say is to allow overlapping notes.

Nice application to help out with team work

Nice application to help out at the start ofthe project. Anytime I had questions, Customer care was super fast and effective. I appreciate this software.

Pros

the updates done overtime. At first we could not copy/paste. Now we can. The way we can add more info to a post-it is nice and allows better communication with the team.

Cons

It does not connect to the application we use to track work with the developper. So really I use cardboard to start the project and walk the wall..but once we are in a sprint I need to use another software to do stories and track progress and work needed.

Efficient and simple to share information

Very satisfied, easy to present and explain high level and low level information, great tool for multi-site teams that need to synchronize.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of sharing the information

Cons

Moving cards around can sometime screw up the organisation of the cards on the boards

CardBoard feedback

Pros

Easy to use and light weight. Can mimic the experience of collaborating with teammates using post-its on a white board. Best of all it can be accessed and easily manipulated.

Cons

no complaints. it does what it's supposed to do.

Thank you for your review! New updates coming soon!

Good if you have a team that work from different places

I did enjoy using this platform. It has been helping our team to plan i the real time and it has been really easy for me because a lot of our directors work from home and my boss travels a lot. We also need to present and see presentation from other companies all around the world which has been done easily with CardBoard

Pros

What I really like about it is ti's simplicity. It helps you to map out your projects and share it conveniently by easily changing the theme and looks.

Cons

Some Functionality can be improved. It totally worked for our needs but some people may find it too simple for complicated projects.

Thank you Tahmineh for the review!

Good storyboarding software beat only by a few other good alternatives

Developed story boards to organize our ideas for upcoming products. However, due to the lack of VSTS integration, we stopped using it.

Pros

Very easy to pick up the flow and start creating your story boards. This helped me in sharing the story boards across our distributed teams.

Cons

Lack of integration with VSTS was the sole feature which led us to stop using this further. I just noticed that VSTS integration is supported.

CardBoard - An easy to use and efficient mockup software!

Overall, I had a great experience using CardBoard and will continue to use it in the future.

Pros

I felt that the program was very easy to use and intuitive. It was easy to create complex mockups in a short amount of time. There were many customization elements that helped accent certain parts of the design and make it easy to understand layout

Cons

Not really any cons, but I think adding some additional features in terms of custom geometric shapes, lines and text would be great. That said, it's not necessarily needed when dealing with simple mock up drawings.

Cardboard Review

Development ML catalog product.. overall served purpose to show use case to stakeholders

Pros

Ease of use.. Separate Private vs Public Boards.. Journeys features

Cons

No legends or colour coding schema defined

Moved on

Pros

Great that it exists. I was looking for something to digitize my post it thoughts and share with others.

Cons

It wasn't very intuitive, the quality of the output was low and I got the sense that this program wasn't cared for or tended to. I quickly found others that were better: Real Time Board and Whimsical

Hi Erika, Check out CardBoard now. I think you would be happy with the new updates!

Works as expected!

Pros

Simple and intuitive - there was close to no learning curve and there were no excess features that made it confusing to use, just the basic necessities.

Cons

Basic is best, but it could be a little more aesthetically appealling - it looks a bit like outdated Windows software, but not in a cool retro way.

Thank you for your review! Keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks for a new update!

Makes Remote Collaboration So Clean

Pros

I like the clean layout and the ability to collaborate remotely. We conducted a design studio using the tool, uploading photos of sketches and working collaboratively using a combination of Cardboard, Google Hangouts, and our phone's cameras, and Cardboard performed swimmingly. I also liked the interaction of dragging elements onto the board. A really slick way to create an interaction that works on mobile as well as desktop. Cool idea.

Cons

I didn't like that you were stuck with a default font. I'd like to be able to customize that , but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it.

We appreciate your feedback, keep on the look out for new updates that may address your concerns!

Cardboard is ok, but not very flexible

Pros

Cardboards core features work for a few good uses cases (I mostly use it for small story maps).

Cons

Limited integrations and some weird behavior when you go beyond the basic use cases.

We appreciate your feedback! Be on the lookout for new updates to address these issues!

User friendly, efficient and easy to work with

Pros

Drag and drop, intuitivity, user interface, collaborative

Cons

There could be more functionnalities. You should be able to define your own annotations.

Very nice accessible software

I've used business for ad hoc project management, and personal tasks.

Pros

the ease of use and creativity. The export to excel allows easy access to upload projects into tools like JIRA or elsewhere.

Cons

Some of the times it's too creative. Auto expands to make a bigger canvas, not very possible to make borders.

Easy to Use Storyboards

Pros

How easy it was to create story boards - That it integrated with my Pivotal Tracker project

Cons

That it sync'd my entire Pivotal Tracker project. We use Pivotal to manage stories for a product, but I like to use story boards for new features, and did not need all existing stories in my storyboard

Cardboard was great!

Pros

I used CardBoard for its story mapping abilities, to try and map out a script. I tried a lot of different apps and websites and cardboard was the one that functioned closest to the way I would use real index cards to do that.

Cons

No complaints yet, so far I am a fully satisfied user.