Foxit PDF Reader Logo

Cloud-based and on-premise PDF reader.

Foxit PDF Reader Reviews - Page 2

sl

simon l.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Value PDF Software

great software, cant beat the price and easy to use which is essential for all staff to be confident using it

Pros

Same functions and easy to use like adobe but without the price tag

Cons

sometimes the software can take a while to load on windows Pc running windows 10, very quick on a mac

AN

Ali N.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Foxit Reader: The Underdog of PDF Readers - Is It Worth the Switch?

Foxit PDF Reader is a user-friendly and efficient PDF editor with a straightforward interface. It offers fast loading times and smooth performance for moderate-spec computers. The free version offers annotation tools, commenting features, and form-filling capabilities. However, it has limited editing capabilities, may have limitations in collaboration features, and may focus on core PDF functionalities. Foxit is suitable for casual users, students, and budget-conscious businesses, but may not be suitable for workflows requiring extensive editing capabilities or specialized functionalities.

Pros

A flexible tool, Foxit PDF Reader provides a multitude of features for free users, such as form filling, annotation, and teamwork. Its lightweight and user-friendly interface makes it appropriate for older machines. Advanced editing features, document redaction, and OCR for transforming scanned PDFs into editable text forms are available in paid editions. They also provide real-time co-editing capabilities with "Shared Review" and enhanced comment management. Although Foxit PDF Reader can handle simple to somewhat complex activities, its most useful capabilities are dependent on certain workflow requirements.

Cons

Foxit PDF Reader is a free version with limited editing features, limited collaboration features, and no document management. It primarily focuses on viewing and annotating PDFs, with limited collaboration features. The free version lacks document organization, version control, and advanced security features. The mobile app features may be limited compared to the desktop version. Foxit Reader prioritizes core PDF viewing and editing functionalities, and its less aggressive marketing may lead to users overlooking its capabilities.

Yannick S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Très bon logiciel de lecture des PDF, simple et léger

Dans l'ensemble, c'est un logiciel au premier contact, très léger, simple et intuitif ; Foxit reader à fait l'effort de revoir l'interface graphique de son logiciel pour proposer quelque chose d'attrayant et de convivial.

Pros

Foxit est léger, simple, intuitif, et il s'intègre facilement à d'autres applications compatibles

Cons

La version gratuite de Foxit reader est quand trop limiter dans les fonctions par rapport à Adobe Acrobat reader qui propose plus d'outils pour la même version gratuite.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Rishi G.

Computer Software, self-employed

Absolutely fantastic PDF reader and manager!

I've been using Foxit PDF Reader for a while now and it has become my favorite tool for day-to-day PDF-related tasks. I'm an extensive reader and note-taker, and it has all the necessary features included that make everything more manageable.

Pros

I use Foxit as my go-to PDF reader for numerous reasons - 1. Cross Platform - It works like a charm on my machine. I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and it's a little old operating system, but it works without any issues. I've tried a lot of PDF readers, but none of them were as good as Foxit.2. Color Schemes - It comes with various inbuilt color schemes, and all of them fit perfectly with the PDFs which really...

Cons

A couple of things -1. Once you annotate a specific part in the PDF, you cannot copy-paste it directly. Clicking on it opens a pop-up for taking notes, which means you can't select the text without removing the annotation.2. Foxit has a "Start" panel that displays the recent documents, and if you accidentally close it, there's no way to open it again unless you restart the application.

MS

Mohammed S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

easy to use and works very well with Microsoft Office programs

Foxit Reader has been a very useful product to have in our catalogue. Apart from making remote collaboration with field agents much easier, it makes reports compilation a much easier task. We simply use PDF to merge all the separate reports submitted from our multiple field teams into one final complete document.

Pros

Foxit's wide variety of annotation tools for taking notes, leaving comments, and providing feedback directly on documents has been extremely useful for easing our team's workflows. Previously, we had to perform such tasks within Word and only convert to PDF after completing the review process; but that would often require additional time spent on reformatting since the back and format usually altered several elements of the document. Being able to work in PDF directly saves us a lot of time and reduces the rates of errors in our documentation.

Cons

Annotations and edits with multimedia file attachments are not very convenient to handle. I assume it would handle better if provided in a separate and heavier version of the product.

MM

Mohammed Majeed D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

small file size, simple to install, and even easier to use

Foxit has drastically improved our document creation, handling and research collation processes. By introducing direct features that simplify otherwise lengthy processes of conversion and reconversion between different file formats, it has in many ways improved our efficiency. Finally, the ability to quickly redact PIIs from project reports before sharing with unauthorized personnel helps us easily maintain data protection protocols.

Pros

My most favorite feature of Foxit Reader is the Page Panel, that allows me to reorganize the flow of any pdf document by simply dragging and dropping them in the order that suits me. Before discovering this feature, I used to have to first convert them into word format, and then copy paste the contents unto a fresh document in the order I desired. Imagine the amount of time being saved me by introducing this powerful feature.

Cons

Even though there are ways around it, I wish the Foxit Sign function wasn't featured as a separate service. This is my only complain about Foxit Reader.

JL

José Luis F.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Leyendo PDFs con Foxit PDF Reader

Mi experiencia actual es muy buena. Hace un tiempo había dejado de usarlo porque me resultaba muy pesado y lento, pero ese aspecto mejoró mucho y lo estoy utilizando nuevamente. Se nota que es el producto de una empresa especializada en el tema.

Pros

Es muy sólido y profesional. Tiene herramientas muy potentes, como por ejemplo el resaltado de áreas, dibujo de formas, dibujo a mano alzada, máquina de escribir, insertado de objetos multimedia, sellos personalizados, firmas, etc. Todo esto en la versión gratuita. La interfaz es moderna y agradable; la mejoraron mucho en las últimas versiones y ahora es muy simple y fácil de usar. La interfaz tiene el estilo de MS Office, por lo que resulta bastante familiar a cualquier persona que utilice ese paquete de oficina. También me resulta útil el método de búsqueda avanzada, que es muy completo. Otra mejora notable es la velocidad de carga de los archivos grandes. Es muy veloz y se pueden leer sin ningún retardo en la carga de las páginas.

Cons

Me resultan molestos los textos resaltados que ofrecen las funciones de la versión PRO, que aparecen en todas las pantallas, arriba a la derecha. Se se cliquean por error nos llevan a la página de la empresa donde se promocionan las funciones de pago. Los textos no advierten que son enlaces de Internet y tampoco aclaran que las funciones que ofrecen son pagas. No me parece una buena práctica comercial. Las versiones de pago me parecen muy caras, al menos para latinoamérica, pero solamente son necesarias para trabajos más especializados.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

RR

Ryan R.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Great Alternative to Adobe Reader

I'm really happy with this software overall. I usually have multiple PDF documents open for viewing on a daily basis and Foxit is speedy and responsive with many many documents open simultaneously. It seems to do almost everything that I need in a PDF reader, so I have no plans of switching to anything else.

Pros

I really enjoy the speed and usability of this software. A PDF reader software really just needs to get that simple job done well and this seems to fit the bill. I use this software every day and it just works. I also use the commenting tools quite a bit and they are not super fancy, but seem to get the job done quickly when I need to markup a document.

Cons

Foxit does not seem to work for me with 3D documents. I do a lot of 3D modeling and you can send out 3D models in PDF format. This software does not seem to work well with those type of documents though. I think that it is missing the plug-ins to view those type of documents correctly.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam S.

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

The easiest way to complete my documentation works.

For the last several years, I am using several different pdf readers. I find Foxit readers is the easiest way to operate than others. It takes less time than other relevant software. I don't have to wait to open a file. What I need to finish my work, I can do that with Foxit reader. Break a PDF file, edit it, and then merge it with my other files is more comfortable with this software because it's quick and easy for me to understand what I need to do. I forget to mention that it's a lite and low ram consuming software than other similar software, which means I can use it on my low-end pc also.

Pros

The interface is too easy for me to operate. The main reason for choosing this software is its take no time (so less, I mean) to open any pdf files than others; I don't have to wait for this. I am using text editor tools with ease. It also has a great feature of exporting pdf; when I need a specific page as pdf from a big pdf file, I can easily do that quickly and edit it with ease.

Cons

While I was using windows 7, after some heavy use, sometimes it crashes. It's a bit annoying for me sometimes I get some ads when I am working.

BM

Bernardo M.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

Decent PDF Reader

It is very useful and simple to read PDF files and has very good tools to analyze the text and leave comments.

Pros

At first I didn't like to have Foxit Reader installed in my computer. I was used to Acrobat Reader. However, Foxit Reader have surprised me. The feature that I like the most (and maybe because I use the most) is the comments tools. I like how it is very easy and simply to leave a comment or highlight a text - there is even more than one highlighter color that I can choose and the software is very friendly. Regarding comments, I can use different forms to leave a comment which is very useful if you have to leave different types of comments.

Cons

Recently I have updated my Foxit Reader and somehow I cannot access the recent files from the start window. Sometimes I open several files and they also do not show up on the recent files list, which is annoying that I have to go all the way to the folder and open it from there. If it is a bug from the recent version it could be fixed.

LT

Laura T.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Foxit Reader Review

I had thought that Adobe had the market monopolized for the PDF reading software industry, but now that I know about Foxit Reader from work I want to use it both at work and at home, because I really enjoy the comprehensive search options and find Foxit Reader to be a more efficient and reliable program.

Pros

I use Foxit Reader daily as it is the PDF reader we use at work, and it has quickly replaced Adobe Acrobat Reader as the only PDF reader I want to use. I am in love with the features! I love how I can search with ease, and by clicking on a chapter in the table of contents Foxit Reader instantly takes me to that place in my document. A good portion of my job is research, and being able to navigate through documents fast and efficiently is a huge time-saver, which for me is a life-saver!

Cons

At first I was reluctant to switch to Foxit Reader from Adobe Acrobat which I knew so well, so using Foxit Reader for the first time was like learning a foreign language, and there was no quick start tutorial which may have been helpful. Now that I know where all the features are I find the program easy to use and well worth learning.

MP

Marisa P.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use!

A pleasant experience 3+ years in! I was using Nuance Power and it was super confusing.

Pros

I currently have Foxit Phantom PDF, however, I had originally started using the free version years and years ago! It has been such a life changer! I work within this PDF editor daily, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I remember a time when I didn't have this in my life and I just don't know how I was able to go about my daily activities without it. Anyone who works in the Legal Industry or just office industry in general can benefit from this software! The price for this is paid back within no time. It has helped to maintain my efficiency!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! I really enjoy using Foxit and it has been everything I could have asked for and more.

deba o.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Plenteous functionalities crammed in a small package

I use Foxit reader for personal and official purposes and prefer it as my default Portable document files (pdf) viewer because the installation is quick and the software usage is painless, straightforward and lightweight while being very fast.

Pros

I have been using Foxit reader for a really long time and must admit that it has managed to evolve without actually ditching it lightweight features and clean user interface it has been known for. Most people tend to believe that pdf files are usually always clean (virus free). This is not true. The makers of Foxit reader realizes this and added some security-related features, such as Safe Reading...

Cons

Foxit reader cannot be used for PDFs that contain Flash animations or 3D CAD drawings and It also lacks OCR capability which I consider a really big constraint. Additionally, when installing Foxit reader software for the first time or during an upgrade, you will do well to read the installation process carefully before clicking next to avoid installing unwanted items which can change your system settings and install unnecessary toolbars in your browsers and desktop.

Vernessa T.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Foxit PDF Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty (and will even "read" your PDF to you)

Foxit Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty, giving me a set of tools for working with PDF documents not found outside of web-based premium add-ons or in more expensive software. (Most PDF readers don't allow you to create files, only read them, unless you use a premium, cloud-based version.) It renders pages quickly, even large documents. From combining documents to adding attachments to incorporating thoughtful security measurements, Foxit Reader does a good job. Since I've been using it, it has only crashed once (I'm not sure why). There are a few gotchas but I'm hoping the creators will pay attention to those and keep improving Foxit Reader. I recommend it to friends and clients alike.

Pros

This review is about the standalone version of Foxit Reader for Windows PC. My favorite feature is ability to create a PDF from most types of files (docs, spreadsheets, text, graphics), and from scanner or from text copied to the clipboard. And Foxit Reader includes my all-time favorite: a tabbed interface so you can open more than one PDF at a time. Really useful is being able to add attachments...

Cons

The User Manual is online so when working offline the manual is not available. Ditto with the help system -- no help if you're not connected to the internet. Since it is in PDF format (albeit online), why not include it with the software for offline use? I like this feature but it could stand some finessing: Foxit Reader incorporates a "read PDF" feature where the PDF you're viewing can be read to you. Unfortunately, the voice is rather robotic and the inflections don't quite cut it, but it's still a neat feature to have in a pdf reader. Too bad it's a Windows-only program. I'm also a Linux user so I'm always looking out for programs that are cross-platform or can run on multiple operating systems.

NI

Nikhil I.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

One of the Best Softwares for PDF reading and Editing

Till date, the experience has been good. The software is fast, easy to use, occupies lower storage space, and consumes lower RAM, which is a blessing in disguise.

Pros

Size, As compared to Competition, Foxit is comparatively Lighter in size. Other softwares were larger in size, which lead to occupying larger RAM space and disk space, making it difficult to run on systems with lower configuration. Me as an IT head, i can't advise the management to go for a mass hardware upgrade abruptly, otherwise i would be out of Job. Hence, using Foxit has been easier as it runs easily and smoothly on systems with lower configuration as well.

Cons

Sometimes, when using forms where we have to apply digital signatures, the software has glitches. Otherwise, i am very happy with the software

Ema N.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Who needs Adobe?

I have to work on PDF files as a proofreader. Foxit Reader lets me mark up pages and also create a new PDF summarizing all the comments. I haven't even tried all the free features, but it's great for anyone who needs something other than Adobe to view and comment on PDFs.

Pros

Foxit lets you view PDFs without having to sign in (needing to sign in is a feature that I find highly irritating in Adobe Reader DC). It's easy to navigate, responds quickly, lets you add bookmarks, and provides full commenting/annotation tools, including letting you summarize the comments in a new PDF.

Cons

When the comments panel (on the left) is open and I'm editing a comment, some of the later comments disappear off the bottom of the screen and I can't reach them to hit the "OK" (save) button. I also wish I could use some keyboard shortcuts to select or jump within comment text (like Ctrl+arrow).

AA

Alhassan A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

No need to worry about compatibility and document formatting issues

Foxit has been very useful for me, particularly for remote work on my mobile device. It loads extremely fast and does not leave behind a huge mess of remnant installation files after upgrades and reinstallations.

Pros

Foxit allows me to easily manage project documentation very securely with very little chance of unauthorized edits and changes. With Foxit's very short simple steps that allow me to easily convert my word and excel documents into pdf, I no longer worry about team members not tracking changes they make and causing me a lot of time working my way back. Comments and notes can now be easily added unto the pdf documents, which I can decide to accept or reject; saving me a lot of time.

Cons

Transitioning between pages can feel a bit stiff sometimes whether using the navigation buttons or the scroll bar, making reading not as smooth as it could be.

Mahmudul islam S.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

Powerful Pdf reader with simple interface

Foxit PDF reader is free to use PDF reader, it has very smooth and easy interface. For Opening PDF files very quick in Foxit reader. Unlike other products it takes low time, For large files it takes sometime to load but its very good for me.

Pros

Foxit has simple interface , its also lightweight tool than other pdf reader. Easy to use, very quick to open the PDF files. rather than other PDF reader its very quick and less freeze. Zoom in features ad taking notes function is helpful for me. Most importantly i can open multiple files at once. Adding time stamp and digital sign is also good options for me. Highlighting important lines is swift and easy.

Cons

From my use, i did not find any big Cons, for large files sometime it freeze.

EG

Eoin G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great general PDF reader, ability to markup, comment, "Type" and "Sign" PDF forms is amazing

My first introduction to Foxit came more 13 years ago (or so, around 2007) when looking for a solution that did not hog so much of my cheap "student" laptop's meager resources. As the software feature set has grown, I find that I use Foxit nearly every day. Unfortunately, I have poor penmanship. With the increased use of smart phones, portable computers and tables, writing has become even more less frequent in my life. To make my "filled out" documents, like medical history forms or applications easier to deal with I use Foxit Reader's commenting features. I love the signature option for signing secure PDFs that won't let you e-sign. Keep up the great work Foxit!

Pros

Great feature set, ability to fill PDF forms and "Type" onto non-pdf forms. The ability to markup forms with text boxes, arrows and shapes. Ability to apply signatures to documents.

Cons

There is a bug with the save feature which causes the mouse to shoot to the bottom of the screen. The "default" saving location is "Foxit Cloud".

LS

Laura S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Does What It Says On The Tin

Pros

It seems like everybody uses Adobe for PDFs, so I wasn't sure how it would go when our IT guy set us up on Foxit, but in the 3+ years we've been using it everything's been very seamless and there haven't been any issues. I don't really have a lot of experience with other PDF readers, but this one does what it says on the tin, and that's all I really want.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is a Foxit-specific issue or (more likely) all PDF readers, but it's annoying to not be able to delete pages directly from a protected PDF, and have to save it as a new document in order to do that. Sometimes the rotate page feature is a little crazy, but really I don't have a lot of complaints about it.

Nathan E.

Program Development, 1-10 employees

Avis sur Foxit PDF Reader

Pros

Foxit PDF Reader nous a servi pendant longtemps pour la lecture, la modification et la conversion de nos documents. Nous avons apprécié plusieurs aspects du logiciel entre autres son interface qui est ergonomique et sa manipulation très facile, la partie essentielle du logiciel qui était donnée gratuitement ce qui permettait de payer que pour certains ordi et bien d'autres.

Cons

Nous avons rencontré au contraire plusieurs inconvénients sur Foxit PDF Reader parmi lesquels les bugs sur l'ouverture des certains documents ou la corruption de certains documents durant leur conversion … Ces problèmes ont conduit notre a équipe a détester le logiciel et a opter pour une autre option.

Showing original review in French. See translation

MI

Massimo I.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

La mia esperienza di utilizzo Foxit Pdf Reader

In termini di affidabilità e leggerezza, ed efficienza, foxit pdf reader si è dimostrato migliore di tantissimi altri software reader in commercio. Il mio utilizzo si è limitato ad alcune funzionalità gratuite che ho molto apprezzato e che si sono rivelate fondamentali. Ha una vasta gamma di funzionalità a pagamento che non ho avuto ancora necessità di utilizzare.

Pros

E' apprezzabile per la sua velocità e leggerezza, il che lo rende un'ottima alternativa ai pdf reader più noti Ha una vasta gamma di funzionalità di modifica dei PDF, che ti permettono di annotare, evidenziare, sottolineare e aggiungere testo ai documenti in PDF. Inoltre, ho utilizzato la funzione Esign che ti permette di firmare i documenti e gestire le firme, caratteristica che ho molto apprezzato e chi si è rivelata molto utile in più di una circostanza. Utilissima a mio parere la funzione di protezione dei documenti con una password e la possibilità di convertire i documenti da pdf in altri formati, o anche da word a pdf, funzionalità importanti ma anche a pagamento;

Cons

Alcune funzionalità avanzate , come la protezione dei documenti con password o la firma digitale, la conversione dei formati, l'unione dei pdf, la compressione, sono in realtà disponibili solo nella versione a pagamento del software. Inoltre, come con qualsiasi altro software d'altronde, ha volte ho incontrato problemi di compatibilità con alcuni formati di file e ho dovuto utilizzare altri reader per poterli aprire .In generale, Foxit PDF Reader è un software affidabile e apprezzato per la sua velocità e funzionalità avanzate, ma potrebbe non essere la soluzione ideale per tutte le esigenze degli utenti.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Chuck W.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Foxit Reader - A full featured & less bulky PDF reader

I can't say enough good things about FoxIt reader. Anyone I know, who asks for my assistance/opinion on IT related issues, I tell to uninstall that "other" PDF product and install FoxIt Reader in its place. I haven't had anyone come back and tell me it was a mistake. If anything, most people are amazed how much the performance of their PC gains.

Pros

It's not a resource hog. It doesn't cause my web browser (or Windows) to hang up or crash. The free reader is adequate for what I need to do.

Cons

I can't think of a singly con about FoxIt Reader. This product does everything I need, doesn't tie up resources and has been an easy to use, trouble free tool.

Osayi Jude O.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Light but efficient and fast

I prefer foxit reader for use with my pdf files because it is fast and hardly make my pc slow down. The level of control is just perfect for me even if the search function is supposed to be a deal breaker but I am willing to bear that “little setback” just to keep enjoying the software.

Pros

I was using another pdf software to view pdf files which always caused my pc to hang until a colleague recommended foxit reader to me. It has worked flawlessly for me. Foxit reader is the only reader I know how to use to delete unwanted pages in the middle of my pdf documents. This is a very useful function for me. Foxit reader load very fast and open Files quickly. I particularly like using the Safe...

Cons

In the course of my duties, I do a lot of search within the files I work with and must say foxit reader search function is unreliable. I have learnt to do it using other means like the windows search function. I do not know if it is my pc but I have problems when opening files larger than 60mb on foxit reader. I sometimes get pop up to install other software within foxit reader interface especially when I am connected to the internet. I can understand this because I use the free version but it can sometimes be a nuisance when it appears frequently thereby unsettling you.

Emmanuella A.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Good PDF software

Pros

Foxit PDF Reader is an invaluable tool for those who work with PDFs, as it is lightweight and quick to open, and is equipped with a variety of features that make viewing and editing PDFs a breeze. These features include annotation, highlighting, and adding notes. Additionally, it makes it simple to convert PDFs to other formats, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. The interface is intuitive and straightforward, making it simple to find the right tools. All in all, Foxit PDF Reader is highly recommended for anyone who needs to work with PDFs.

Cons

One of the things I dislike most about Foxit PDF Reader is that it lacks some of the advanced features that other PDF viewers have, such as the ability to annotate and add comments, create forms, and edit text.