Foxit PDF Reader Logo

Cloud-based and on-premise PDF reader.

Foxit PDF Reader Reviews - Page 6

JT

John T.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Foxit Reader has been the most convenient PDF reader I have used in years.

Pros

Foxit has eliminated the fluff and unusable components that typically populate PDF readers which try to serve multiple audiences. The features I use most besides the "pront to PDF" are the free form typing, which allows me to add commentary and notes that are not "comments" but become part of my PDF, and the PDF Sign, which allows me to create, store and manage signatures that I import to the software. With the latter, it embeds the signature image in the form, which then protects it from being altered or removed. Foxit is also a no-brainer scanner software that easily integrates your scanner/copier and camera imaging.

Cons

I do wish that I could password protect documents as easily as the mobile version of Foxit allows. Additionally, I wish there were a simple way of grouping PDF documents in separate tabs and saving a group PDF documents as a single "tabbed" document.

AP

Andreas P.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great viewer for everone!

Pros

In company we changes swapped from Adobe Reader to Foxit-Reader and I have to say, there is no need of Adobe Reader. Foxit is opening a document faster than Adobe reader, also the tools are easier to handy than at Adobe Reader

Cons

The only thing which is not working well (working well with Adobe Reader) is the 3D-PDF opening. Maybe this will be improved in the future, but it's a small point!

Iqra Z.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Most Powerful and Professional PDF Reader

My overall experience with the Foxit Reader is really fabulous because I have this software in my computer as well in my Laptop, so I always open my PDF documents through this software. My clients always send me presentations or their required things through PDF files. So the software always help me to read the PDF documents easily.

Pros

Foxit Reader is a very light lightweight, fast, and incredible software. With the software, you can Open and Print PDF files. PDF documents are the need of this modern period, so the software allows you to open and read the PDF documents. There are lots of functions in each tab and the dashboard of the software is really easy to understand and use.

Cons

For me, the software is really great. I never faced even a small issue in the software. All tabs and features works perfectly for me. So I am really happy with the Foxit Reader. According to my experience, there are no cons. It's perfect.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best PDF Reader

It's best pdf reader among alternatives. It's lightweight and requires less memory. Printing feature is good.

Pros

It's best pdf reader out there. It's very light-weight and it is totally free. Printing PDF couldn’t be easier. Fullscreen reading is another good feature of it. You can create pdf file from scratch.

Cons

It crashes sometimes. Some version of it takes few minutes to start. However, the Foxit reveals update and it works perfectly.

RZ

Roberto Z.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good Acrobat replacement

Pros

It does what it is supposed to. It reads PDFs files. It is pretty fast. It is easy to install. I won't be asking you to save your files online every time.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to use to fill out forms made in Adobe Acrobat

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

For creating, reading and updating PDF's

Personally I am happy with this application, but I know that many in my organisation are not because of repeated crashes.

Pros

With this software you can save any Word document easily to PDF, and if you're still not happy you can change it within the Foxit application. The possibility to add 3D content and signatures to your PDF's.

Cons

Foxit Reader crashes quite often, and sometimes it cannot be started up. This is surprising for an application with Microsoft affiliation.

AZ

Alfredo Z.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Lo uso da anni e non lo cambierei MAI

Assolutamente positiva, continuo ad usarlo per tutte le funzioni legate ai PDF, è una suite completa ed affidabile. In continuo aggiornamento e non ti "deruba" come il più rinomato prodotto dell'Adobe. Lo consiglio sempre agli amici e mi ringraziano per questo

Pros

Utile quotidianamente, veloce nell'apertura ed elaborazioni, facile e comprensibile nel suo utilizzo

Cons

Specialmente all'inizio avevo difficoltà nella ricerca delle funzioni nel menù, adesso lo conosco perfettamente e non è più un problema

JA

John A.

Retail, 11-50 employees

best PDF reader

I replaced Adobe Reader on my computer and those of friends and employees. It always works and never crashes.

Pros

This does everything that a pdf reader should without the bloat of other products. It is super simple to install and use.

Cons

I have used this for many years and have not experienced a single con. I simply don't have problems with it.

LR

Libby R.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

User friendly

The product makes PDF easy to edit and converting documents is very easy to do to. Very user friendly

Pros

Cons

I have not really found any thin that I do not like about it. It has always worked for me I do not have any problems with it

DH

David H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great pdf reader that has some basic editing functions

This a powerful and free reader that does much more than another popular reader that most use. I have used it regularly since I stumbled onto it while I was a student and have used it ever since. Try it, you won't regret it.

Pros

I primarily use this for 2 reasons. I can insert text and pics onto an existing PDF. Also, when installing this it allows you to print to the reader. This allows you to turn any file into a PDF. I stopped using another popular PDF reader because it didn't have these functions.

Cons

The preferences are hard to get through because of the amount of customizing you can do. This may not be a problem for some though. I also don't like the ad that shows on startup. To be fair though, you can turn the ad off in the preferences, if you can find it in there.

DB

Damien B.

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

Overall this an excellent, cost friendly alternative to more expensive competitor products, so far it has been able to meet all of my personal and professional needs and I highly recommend this software.

Pros

This software is easy to use and I prefer the interface over alternatives. I use this daily for viewing PDF documents and for scanning and saving documents.

Cons

It's really easy to use and I've had no issues to date.

MZ

Mauri Z.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Pdf reader foxit

Nel complesso non ne sono molto soddisfatto arrivò da in esperienza con Adobe e pensavo qualcosa d meglio

Pros

Il costo sicuramente è la praticità nel utilizzarlo

Cons

I limiti con molti software per la firma digitale e i molti bug che ho rilevato

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

PDF reading how it should be

Pros

Foxit is my Top 5 first softwares when I get a new computer. People always ask me why I don't use Adobe Reader, but the question should be "why using Foxit". Foxit is straight forward what PDF reading should be. Two clicks, bam. It's open.

Cons

Sometimes the excess of ads for another foxit products is anoying.

GG

Grace G.

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Fits all PDF purposes without taking up space

I have really enjoyed using Foxit, especially on mobile. I was initially skeptical about the size (almost 100 MB) of the application but still decided to give it a try. And using it, I have come to consider the size even small for how it has boosted my productivity when I am on the move. It allows me to perform absolutely everything from document creation, editing, merger, digital signatures, splitting, adding notes and comments, and so much more. The interface is also so pleasant that reading and navigating large documents doesn't feel like work.

Pros

Foxit offers almost all of its advanced features standard with the free version. I also like that the layout puts all frequently used functions and buttons within easy reach. Finally, zooming documents on Foxit happens so smoothly and isn't choppy.

Cons

Text search and character recognition in scanned documents can be a struggle for Foxit sometimes. That is the only micro problem I have had with it.

Alirio Rubén R.

51-200 employees

It is one of my favorite PDF managers

Pros

It is a very light and intuitive program. A lot of icons allow you, in a very simple way, to manipulate your PDF files at will. It comes with an integrated media player, functionality allows you to process multimedia without leaving the program. It integrates perfectly and without great configuration level with most of the most used web browsers on the Internet. The annotation functionality allows you to add your comments to your PDFs in moderately customizable formats. Taking care of the consumption of resources of your computer, Foxit opening multiple PDFs in tabs and not in independent windows, as in other programs

Cons

It really is a simple program that meets the functionalities that one expects from a PDF reader. Perhaps some of the cons that the software represents is the poor translation it presents in some languages.

JS

Jessica S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Great Reader Product

I've been using this product for a little over a year after switching from another reader program, and I feel it is a much more user friendly and effective product. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

The user friendliness of this software is much better than other readers available. I feel that there are much more options available for editing a document on Foxit and everything looks simpler, in a good way.

Cons

I have had a few documents look a little strange in terms of formatting that I didn't have an issue with on other readers, but that's about it.

AL

Amos L.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Eccellente seppur pesante nel pc

Eccellente programma ottimo per quello che gli viene chiesto di fare, non completamente efficiente per quello che serviva a noi aziendalmente

Pros

Molto veloce nell’installazione configurazione, la versione gratuita è comunque di base eccellente quella pagamento offre più servizi

Cons

Dovendo gestire tanti computer simultanea è stato molto più semplice usare altri software seppur questo ottimo molto pesante nel computer come risorse richieste

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Best PDF reader in my life

As a summary, i must to say that i really enjoy reading pdfs using this software. This helps me a lot in my academic activities in my day to day activities. Much love about Froxit reader app and highly recommend to anyone without any second thought.

Pros

Foxit reader is one of the most popular pdf reader software in the present world. The best thing about it is that it provided to us freely without any cost. Also it having various multi functioning options like we can directly connect to a printer via bluetooth and print what we required very easily without any other software. Also user friendly interface of this software provides very help to new users to familiar about the app.

Cons

New versions of this app updates are consume quiet a lot of data usage to download. But this app provides excellent experience in pdf reading to worthy about our data usage.

PR

Paolo R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Forse il miglior reader

Pros

Uso foxit da tanti anni. L'ho scelto per la sua velocità e leggerezza (a differenza dei suoi concorrenti).

Cons

Alcune funzionalità sono difficili da spiegare a chi è meno bravo (firma, e altre funzionalità meno comuni). Alcuni software non leggono in automatico la sua configurazione

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Foxit Reader Review

We have pre-defined pdf format where we are releasing the tool reports where we need to update the values every week after getting data for editing the values we are using the tool to edit PDF file and share the document with the management.

Pros

This product provides you the feasibility to edit the pdf file and by that I mean you can edit the blanks which are usually present in the forms.

Cons

According to me, this product does not work well with PDF containing 3D content or Animation Flash content.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Lightweight PDF Client

Foxit has been an excellent replacement for Adobe PDF Reader.

Pros

Foxit Reader is extremely nimble and fast to use, while still having a large number of features. PDFs open quickly, and doesn't slow down when lots of PDFs are open.

Cons

The user interface is very cluttered and text-heavy. When lots of PDFs are open, switching between the PDFs isn't very easy.

NJ

Ndenibi Joel F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

A great PDF tool

I used Foxit Reader daily to open documents sent to me in pdf format. It helps me to open documents without being afraid that the document may become altered

Pros

Foxit PDF Reader makes it easy for me to open and read PDF documents with ease. Also, the converter tool helps me to be able to convert documents to PDF and PDF to Word documents. Foxit pdf reader is a document I can recommend to anyone on any day and time

Cons

Foxit Reader is a good tool but it requires the internet for you to be able to convert from pdf to Word. It would have been better if the application could permit users to convert documents offline

Shukurath B.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

"Good alternative to Adobe Reader."

Pros

It is easy to use and has a friendly interface.

Cons

There is nothing much to complain. But It would be extremely beneficial to have the ability to resume reading a PDF from the last page read, especially for lengthy documents. Additionally, many users would appreciate being able to edit or remove text from a PDF.

GW

Gary W.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

great alternative to some more expensive tools

This is a good cheap alternative to adobe acrobat (with its rising costs you need to find somethign cheap and user friendly).

Pros

free or cheap. better than some of the more expensive tools you can but from the larger software companies.

Cons

it lacks a few features but its a solid software that we use and install on a daily basis. we have had no real complaints to note.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great Product

Pros

Full Featured, can easily deploy to all users through group policy Great Value and Price Allows you to create PDF's for Free without owning the full version

Cons

slower install could use a nicer color scheme