Droplr Logo

Collaboration tool for remote workers & distributed teams

Droplr Reviews - Page 4

JK

Jakub K.

Internet, 11-50 employees

The best app in the world!

More time for work! A little bit Windows app but step by step and i think will be ok.

Pros

Droplr is simple, cheap and pretty cool. I use Droplr from about one year. I can't imagine my work without this app. Great job guys!

FF

Fabian F.

Design, self-employed

It has never been so easy for me to share media

Droplr gives the impression of being a small software, that's how it works, but there is much more.

Pros

Since I used Droplr, my workflow has improved a lot. I can quickly and even if there are large files, share it to my customers. I get quick feedback and can continue working right away. The possibility of including your own domain or subdomain brings a little more professionalism. I really like it!

Cons

It would be good if there would be a better iOS app. Likewise, it would be good if there was the function that you could share a public link where customers could upload something and this would appear on their own Droplr account. Thus, customers could also simply share or provide media to one.

Rob W.

So easy to use, great for taking a quick snap shot of a page or simple to share docs and files...

Easy to share large files and do quick screen snaps

Pros

Easy to access, customize the file sharing page with your own logo. Quick, easy to use, totally love it. The team is constantly upgrading and developing the product.

Cons

Sometimes when I start my computer the login page comes up blank and I need to login in via the hompage again.

VI

Vira I.

Overall, it's a pretty nifty tool to have. I use it everyday at my work.

Pros

It's straightforward and easy to use. I actually like the "Draw" feature and I think the "Note" feature comes in handy.

Cons

As of late, the drops would appear broken despite a successful upload. It will take a few refresh before it works. Extend the Draw feature such as an Eraser tool

CF

Carlos F.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Droplr: easily capture screenshots and make screen recordings

With Droplr, I can capture screenshots and screen recordings easily on both my computer and phone. I may upload the captured images and videos to the company's own servers and then share them with my family and colleagues. Droplr is a paid service.

Pros

For me, Droplr has the following advantages: 1. It handles both images and videos. Dropls allows me to capture both screenshots and screen recordings, eliminating the need to install a second tool. 2. It hosts the captured images and videos. I can upload the captured screenshot or screen recording to Droplr's own servers, so that it's safely backed-up online and everyone I share the file with can download it at any time. 3. It integrates with several popular tools. Droplr offers nice integration features with tools like Slack, Trello, among others. 4. It offers an enterprise plan. Droplr has a more robust plan geared towards enterprise users with more demanding needs; it offers features like more storage space and an online dashboard.

Cons

In my opinion, Droplr has two main disadvantages: 1. It doesn't work on Android. Droplr doesn't have a version of their app for Android phones, which may hinder their adoption for many companies. 2. It's not free. Although Droplr is not expensive, there are free alternatives that offer similar functionality.

Esther G.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Easy to share files with clients

Droplr has saved me so much time by making it super easy for my clients to download my final deliverables. I give them a link, they download, and the Droplr expires the link automatically, and I'm good to go!

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload a file and then link it out to a client for their download. It has become my go-to way to share videos easily with clients.

Cons

I don't like that I can't record my screen and webcam at the same time, but I am sure this will be coming in the future.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Rock solid file sharing with built-in link shortener

Pros

I use Droplr to share all sorts of content from pictures and videos to software and website links. Everything comes from a vanity domain that I own with a branded landing page.

Cons

Sometimes the macOS application will crash and make me login all over again.

Ryan H.

Droplr integrates seamlessly into my workflow, making screenshot sharing as simple as sending a URL.

Pros

I love how Droplr works completely in the cloud, allowing me to share files via URL. In the past, my desktop would always end up cluttered with screenshot image files that I had taken to share. Now when I share screenshots they don't take up any space at all on my hard drive or desktop.

Cons

I've encountered some bugs when using the screencast feature at times, but it seems those have been worked out in the latest update.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Droplr: An Excellent Choice for Easy Link Creation and Shortening

Droplr really is very excellent, and you can't go wrong with it. I'm also a fan of CloudApp, but —especially if you're interested in creating readily-shareable, linked Markdown files—then Droplr becomes a better choice. You might consider both, and be on the lookout for occasional discounts or "lifetime" offerings from either one.

Pros

I have reviewed CloudApp, too—and I've given that similar software a slight edge—but Droplr I very capable, and in some ways I like it better!

Cons

Free plan is very restrictive—just 10 drops a month with 1GB of total storage. You'll like Droplr enough that you will outgrow those parameters almost immediately.

DE

Denis E.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great screen recording sharing tool.

Pros

I love the fact that it generates a password when sharing, it puts clients at ease.

Cons

I wish it was easier to setup SSL for a custom domain name.

ZK

Zachary K.

Used other for 2+ years

Missing iOS App

Pros

I have a life time subscription, which means I am not paying monthly for a service that removed the primary reason I paid for it.

Cons

They removed the iOS app and have not said when they are planning on releasing a new one. Therefore this is useless.

jc

josh c.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Droplr is a must have

Pros

You will use this every day if you have it, absolutely amazing in terms of rapidly moving through ideation

Cons

Sometimes taking video can be a bit buggy with the software

JE

John Edward C.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Almost Brilliant

Droplr achieves the goals we need it to in our business although I feel there are still many creases to iron out in the user experience. Some bugs with integrations and too many clicks between key moments in the workflow. Definitely on the path to becoming a seamless product.

Pros

Does all of the basics very well such as annotation of screenshots.

Cons

Some clunky user experience, where you find yourself clicking again and again to get to the features you're looking for. Personally for example, I would like to go straight into edit mode once I take a screenshot.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Daily Driver

Overall, I still love this app. It's still missing some features, but if you can get the software to work without relying on the customer service help so much, then I say go for it! You'll easily get your money's worth.

Pros

Ever since I signed up for this app, I've been using it daily. It's very easy to share anything with anyone with this software. Particularly loive how easy it is to upload things via the desktop app.

Cons

The customer service is very slow and usually give unsatisfactory (to me) answers.

Telecommunications,

Used other for 1-2 years

Great App, Terrible Customer Service

None any more, terrible customer service

Pros

App over all is great, works as advertised. Sharing info in a secure way is a great way to collaborate.

Cons

got this on a promo, former employee assured me this was a lifetime account, she is no longer with the company, and now one of the cust support rep was telling me it is not lifetime. Horrible customer service.

DG

David G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

It works, and it works well and easily.

I was referred to Droplr by a colleague and I have been pleasantly surprised by its functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Super easy to use in the Chrome Browser, I like the wee picture-in-picture option and I love how quickly the system optimizes the video and send me back the shareable link. I need a simple, quick solution to make short training videos for my clients and this is it.

Cons

No cons, it does what I need in a better way than I expected.

JG

Jordon G.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Daily use

I create screenshots at least 20 times per day and this made that process so much faster and more efficient. If you like to use screenshots this is the tool for you. If you like clean hyperlinks use this tool

Pros

Quick, easy, and fast to create a hyperlink. Markup is very fast

Cons

Very few times it was slow to respond. I need to update the app i am sure that will fix it

11-50 employees

Super easy way to screeenshot, markup, share - and archive.

Sharing content with coworkers

Pros

Easy shortcuts I never forget, never hunt and peck. Auto copies URL to clipboard. Pretty easy mark up. Easy to find old shots.

Cons

Mark up tool could be better - can't change text size - hard to delete or edit what you've added. But it is nice and simple.

Retno W.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

One Click to Capture and Explain Your Ideas

Pros

It's very simple to use. Other than still images, you can also capture screencast and send files.

Cons

I have no problem using the software so far.

MU

Mohammad Usman Ali K.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Sharing and Uploading of files

It is one of the best applications out there. It helps me for various purposes. This application makes my work simple and fast. I enjoy every feature of this application. All my fellow workers used this software when I recommend them.

Pros

It is very easy to connect to my cloud for sharing and uploading files. I also like the features to take screenshots and record. It is one of the best features of this application. I consider this application all in one. It doesn't make me use another software for my work purpose.

Cons

There is some glitch happen when sometimes I lost my internet connection. Like it irritates me to upload my file to the cloud and makes me wait longer than expected. It struck in one place and I have to cancel them and repeat the process of uploading files

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great tool! Wish they did more!

Pros

I've used droplr's free version for years until an employer was willing to contribute the small amount that allowed me to get the license regularly. When I was working with designers and trying to put entire web pages into invisionapp for feedback, the scan and annotate function was extremely helpful. I love the short URLs and it's relatively easy to download everything.

Cons

Short keys save lives! I was so used to hitting "alt + alt" to use clipular that it completely through me off that I coudln't change short keys if I wanted to. I think there's a major opportunity there. Additionally there's plenty of room for growth in terms of the annotation options and even how captures are changed.

IC

Isabel C.

Great application - love it

Pros

Great app for clipping, sharing, and organizing content for work and personal life. Droplr dev team does a great job incorporating client feedback into upgrading the product. Fast and reliable app

Cons

No negatives for Droplr. I think the Version 5.0 release may have been rushed but also could've been caused by multiple OS's in play right now

Jockie T.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Screencapture and Share Large FIles

It helps me share large files easily. It also helps me share screen recording in a snap.

Pros

The ability to capture screen is nice but common. What I like about Droplr is the file-sharing feature that lets you share files up to 10GB with ease.

Cons

There is not a specific issue that I hate about Droplr, but other than the file sharing, most of the features are similar to the alternatives.

Rithvik P.

Research, 1-10 employees

Sharing screenshots and huge files made easy

Sharing made easy and simple with droplr.

Pros

This is a wonderful piece of work to share your screenshots with your team or clients for changes and feedback. Sharing huge files has never been easy before droplr. The UI is clean and simple unlike cloudapp

Cons

Missing android and iOS apps hope they come up those soon

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Perhaps the most convenient service for taking screenshots.

The privacy of the uploaded file is preserved until the moment you share the link with friends or colleagues.

Pros

An intuitive and debugged tool that allows you to save a snapshot of any selected area or the entire screen in a couple of clicks. There are also editing functions provided, not at the level of a professional graphic editor, of course, rather similar to the same Paint, but they are quite enough.

Cons

Among the shortcomings, I will note the high price. Although there is a free plan, I see no reason to use this version of the service, as its functions are very limited. In addition, in this case, there are better quality free analogues.