eBallot Logo
eBallot

Easy. Fair. Secure. Take charge of your voting process.

visit website

eBallot Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.25/10

Reviews by rating

When necessary, the helpful and dynamic staff are very responsive and make time to meet and help our staff figure out how to use the platform best.
EBallot was an affordable and effective solution because we were able to pay through the month-by-month plan, paying for the services for the duration we needed them.
But once you cancel, they refuse to renew you later...what kind of company blocks customers.
When I had issues trying to pay I had a hard time teaching someone.

CK

Christopher K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy + Reliable way to run elections

Pros

eBallot staff are helpful and easy to work with. Setting up the elections and subsequent notifications is a hassle-free.

Cons

Because emails to voters come from eBallot and not our domain we get some deliverability issues to some voters.

LD

Lungile D.

Public Relations and Communications, 1,001-5,000 employees

eballot is more practical and in with the time, they could use a few add ons

the system made it easier to have voting and surveys and also be able to asses them by yourself

Pros

it allows one to vote privately and not risk having their vote to be disregarded . i really enjoyed that about the software, the fact that you can vote online makes one feel at ease that they are doing something and no one will question their decision because its it all online. it is much different to other voting apps as it gives you piece of mind that your vote is safe and private. there are no many glitches which is a good thing.

Cons

have features that allow people to vote using emails and also please include authentication services so that it is visible that the voters in the system belong to the organization that is having the elections there was no referencing to someone if you had a problem within the software like maybe an online buddy to make a way for you to be at ease with the system you are using .

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Absolutely the Worst

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST. No phone number for support. Online messenger and they ignore everything you tell them. Rip Off!!

Pros

friendliness of sales rep, price and trial option

Cons

They're a rip off. You sign up for the number of "qualified voters". For us it was 82. The price quoted, billed monthly for 6 months, was $59.94. When an inexperienced data entry made a mistake in the setup, the software jumped from 82 to 150 and would not let it drop back. The billing was to a debit card so there's no recourse or reasoning with support. Sudaf charged us $20 more than was quoted and was unreasonable with any responsibility born by his software. BUYER BEWARE. They're not the only company and we have since switched to another vendor.

Hello, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your experience. There seems to have been some misunderstanding in the information. If you had initially requested 81 eligible voters when opening a new account, you would have been charged the quoted price. However, based on our records, you had already created an account with 50 voters. Our sales and customer experience agent explained that, after creating...

DL

Donna Lynn B.

Used other for 6-12 months

Evoting Software That Is Affordable

We needed a lower cost evoting software and eBallot fit our budget. It was easy to create ballots and add voters, however I wish they had a more detailed user manual so you didn't have to contact support to answer basic questions when you are learning how to use the software. I also liked that you could run multiple elections at one time. I think this is a great voting software for the price, but would highly suggest that new users run test elections to get familiar with the software and figure out how to use it before going live with an actual election.

Pros

Pricing is pretty affordable You can email out notices to voters Ballot questions are pretty easy to set up Have several reports so you can see voting participation & results easily

Cons

They could use a better user manual with more detail on how to use software When you send out an additional email to voters you have to pay for all voters, even if you only send it to part of your voter list, like those who haven't voted yet Help is only available during the weekday hours, there is no after hours support except for help files

Thanks for your review, Donna! We're glad to hear you're having a positive experience with our self-service voting platform. After hours is something that can be set up with our Business platform, but we're unable to offer that with eBallot Essential. Appreciate the feedback - testing and experimenting with different ballot setups before going live is definitely a good practice. We're always updating our knowledge base to improve the experience for self-administered customers, so thank you for your insight. Regards, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

Thomas M.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

eBallot trial for ABA school in Oman

Wanted to use eBallot electronic voting for the ABA Board elections of May 2019. Worked together with rep. from ABA -IT department on this. However, the Board did not want to use eBallot for security reasons: 1) Someone could be collecting eBallot invitations to vote and then 2) vote for someone else. They said that they had been in contact with eBallot about this. The risk of point 1 could be reduced by sending the link to vote and password separately. The risk of point 2 could be reduced by tracking of IP addresses of votes casted. I do not know what exactly happened in the communication between ABA and eBallot, but in my view the risks as highlighted by the Board are relatively small and can be well managed. Best regards,

Pros

Well-structured set-up, giving credibility to the robustness of the software.

Cons

I wanted to test the software prior to use. However, I had to subscribe for 6 months to test the software. It would be good to be able to test eBallot with about 10-20 people for free.

Appreciate the feedback, Thomas! Thanks for your review about eBallot Essential's functionality. Each email containing unique login credentials is sent to each individual voter's email address which makes accessing this information very difficult for anyone besides the voter, but we understand your board's decision. We definitely have higher-level products and services to mitigate that risk - as well as the IP tracking functionality you're looking for. Both of these are available in eBallot for Business (our enterprise suite). Best, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

MM

Michele M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

We use eballot for our annual election. I manage 5 associations and i have all of them use eballot

Pros

i liked that i could easily import my membership list into their template. Once you set everything up you just have to wait for the end of the election and get your results.

Cons

When you do have questions there is no chat support, just an FAQ area

Michele, Thanks so much for your review! We're happy that our self-administered election software worked out for you and your annual election. Appreciate you spreading the word around to the associations you manage. Support-wise, you're right that our Essential product relies on our self-service knowledge base articles. We're actively improving these articles so you can get on-demand help at a reasonable cost. If you find you need more robust support from our team, we're happy to set up a time to talk about our Business products. Regardless, you're always welcome to email help@eballot.com and we'll make sure to get back within a business day. Definitely feel free to reach out if you need anything from us in the future! Best, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

EL

Elaine L.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Highly recommend

Excellent. Saved money and time on our annual Board of Election process. This is our 2nd year in a row using eballot. in 2018, the eBallot staff was in constant communication with me. Meaning they let me know every time an email blast was sent out for us. It was nice to not have to think about the progress as they reached out first. For 2019, I had to contact them, most of the time. But that's minor. Still happy over all and will use again next year.

Pros

Ease of operation User friendly Dashboards Reports

Cons

I couldn't run any reports using Google Chrome. not a big deal to use another browser for that, but I'm a chrome user by default.

Hi Elaine! Thanks for the review. Note taken about reaching out more proactively in the future. We have implemented a new system to ensure that occurs earlier. I'm interested in your reporting needs because Chrome is actually one of our recommended browsers. It should work to access the reports. I'll make sure we reach out to you and address this with a follow up. Looking forward to working with you again next year. Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

ES

Elizabeth S.

Used other for 2+ years

Our labor union things eBallot is great!

Pros

eBallot is easy to use and has significantly improved our members' voting experience. The software has also improved our administrative experience; the software is intuitive, voting events are able to be set up quickly and customer service is very responsive.

Cons

The software does seem to be a bit costly.

Hi Elizabeth, Appreciate your review and feedback! We're happy to hear that your non-profit uses our self-administered voting tools to provide a better voting experience. We take great pains to price our products according to the value they provide. So we can consistently offer a quality, reliable product - this requires us to maintain a certain price point. I hope that the benefits continue to outweigh the costs, and that your organization sees value in eBallot for years to come. Thanks again, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

DB

Daniel B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

eBallot supported our annual officer election process

As previously stated, eBallot effectively met our organization's needs by providing a customized solution to our electronic voting process. If eBallot continues to offer a month-by-month service plan, our organization will most likely continue to use the product.

Pros

eBallot was mostly easy to use and offered exceptional product support. For my professional association, I needed a product solution that would support our annual officer election process. eBallot was an affordable and effective solution because we were able to pay through the month-by-month plan, paying for the services for the duration we needed them. It was by far the best option for our budget and needs.

Cons

I wish I campaign emails (emails to voters) could be purchased by the individuals emails sent instead of based on the entire voter listing. For example, I needed to send reminder emails to those members who had not yet voted, however when purchasing an additional campaign email, I had to pay for the cost of the total voter listing rather than the few I need to remind. I previously shared this feedback directly with the eBallot team.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for the review! Understand your note about the email campaigns and only wanting to purchase emails for those who have not yet voted. Emails are free to send in our Business platform, if interested. Sounds like Essential is the best fit, however, and I'm very happy to hear it's working well for your association overall. Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

Alex M. H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Fraudulent company - okay software

What solved a simple problem during the pandemic has turned into an ongoing nightmare where we can't cancel.

Pros

It worked. We were able to conduct our annual meeting remotely.

Cons

They don't let you cancel. They play games with their timing. The cancel form doesn't work, customer service just sends you to the knowledge base. They won't refund their dishonest charges.

Thanks for your feedback, Alex. We're sorry you weren't satisfied with your experience. Per our terms of service for the eBallot Essential Pro subscription, we don't cancel accounts without a request submitted to us through our cancellation form (which we have a record of providing to you). This process is explained in our Knowledge-Based Support Articles and directly on the Cancellation Form itself. This was also communicated to you by our support staff. However, we have no record of you submitting a cancellation request prior to the renewal deadline. We do our best to transparently communicate this information with our clients at the start of their subscription, but we won't cancel client accounts without their expressed permission by means of the cancellation form.

IM

Ian M.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

eBallot Review

The experience has been positive, so nothing negative to report.

Pros

Our organization recently shifted to online voting to elect the [sensitive content hidden] in the interest of making these important decisions more inclusive and accessible. Following a competitive evaluation, eBallot turned out to be the online platform that fit our needs and we are happy with this decision. eBallot provided helpful information during the initial stages of the procurement process...

Cons

The experience has been positive, so nothing negative to report.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We truly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear about your positive experience. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help.

JW

Jenny W.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Facilitated Remote Voting at an Economical Price

Early on, I was able to reach customer service (someone answered the phone.) Then, I was able to get answers back via email. The girl who I worked with was very prompt in answering my questions. Then, there was a guy who assisted me. He wasn't nearly as sharp as the first person who assisted me. I don't remember their names since it's been so long ago that I contacted eballot customer service.

Pros

The price for electronic voting was very economical.

Cons

The price only allowed for one ballot per month. Also, I couldn't figure out how to add an additional vote and I didn't receive an answer from customer service.

Thanks for your review, Jenny! I'm glad you're seeing value with eBallot Essential. I'd also like to apologize for any miscommunication you may have received about our feature set. Your subscription comes with unlimited ballots. New ballots can be added by clicking on 'Create Ballot' straight from your dashboard. Typically, the best way to receive support for our Essential product is through...

LH

Lori H.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Eballot Review

Great - quick results. Secured!

Pros

Easy to use, can set up many ballots, student friendly.

Cons

When I had issues trying to pay I had a hard time teaching someone.

Lori, Really glad to hear you found our self-administered voting tools easy to use. Thanks for the review! I apologize for the trouble you experienced during payment. We've recently implemented a new system to make payment easier and it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to help@eballot.com if anything else comes up in the future! Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

FL

Faizel L.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Excellent support received with setup and administration and functionality met our requirements

Very Good

Pros

Ease of use once familiar with software. Great reporting.

Cons

Had some issues in browser viewing reports, found a solution by using another browser besides Chrome.

Hey Faizel, Thanks for your review! Our implementation team appreciates your kind words and had a wonderful time working with you. For the reports, it might just involve toggling a simple browser setting. In any case, we'll be in touch to address this soon. Best, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience

SK

Suzi K.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

The worst customer service

Terrible

Pros

This may be easy to set up, but when I needed a customer service call, it was impossible. Even the chat hangs up on you.

Cons

Last year, my voters were unable to see the information they were voting for. I had to move information from five questions, with three candidates each, to a Google Doc. My voters had to go off the app, read information and return to vote. Eballot refused to refund me even though they said it was their fault. I am not sure why there are so many positive stars. Ridiculous.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

E-Ballot - not my favorite

Minimum 6 month contract, which in itself is not a problem....but once you cancel, they refuse to renew you later...what kind of company blocks customers?

Pros

It worked, could create and send out ballots fairly easily. Not much learning curve

Cons

Email ballots took anywhere from 1 minute to 5 hours to get to voters. We had time dependent votes, and their email was very inconsistent.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback, though we're sorry you saw some issues. Our customer experience team has looked into the issue of the email timing for specific platforms and has since launched an update to fix the reported issue. In regards to our accounts, if an account is renewed, then the user retains their data and access. If an account is canceled, then we do not save user data, and any accounts created after a cancelation are treated as completely new accounts. This is standard practice for many software companies for security and storage concerns.

JS

John S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Exactly What Our Company Needs

Very simple for our company to engage in the voting process. Have never had any technology issues that have not been expeditiously resolved.

Pros

Each year, our organization constituents elect a representative council. eBallot makes it easy, seamless, and error-free.

Cons

All the features that we need are easy to access.

PN

Pat N.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Poor Customer Service Outweighs Benefits

Poor. I have worked retail for over 30 years and would never treat customers the way I have been treated by them. They have insured that I left an angry customer never to come back instead of someone who might use them in the future or tell colleagues that we tried them out but just wasn't suited for us.

Pros

Configurable. We could upload a logo...

Cons

Confusing sign-up process. No way to determine suitability for your organization without signing up for 6 months. You can only add voters, not delete them from your pricing plan. Customer Service is arrogant. We signed up, created a test ballot and sent two test emails. We determined it wasn't going to work for us so we asked for a refund. No way, they said, you are getting billed for 6 months. The sign up process implies that there is a lower or free service option by calling the program "Essentials" but offering only a Pro Option that you can only see after you put in your credit card. The email vote links can take up to one hour (according to their documentation), although they will dispute it and say it takes 15-20 minutes.

JR

Jonathan R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy to use voting system

Very positive.

Pros

Simple and easy login and voting process for users.

Cons

Would be nice to set re-occuring votes and also for admins to receive automatic results emails upon vote closure.

Jonathan, Thanks for your positive review. It's good to know you were able to use our Essential platform to fit your needs. Currently, we do not have the option to set recurring votes. We do have some customers that create a template that can then be copied, altered, and scheduled for a series of dates. Our product team is always looking for valuable updates to consider, and I've sent your request directly to them. In the meantime, if you'd like someone to walk you through the best practices of copying a ballot, just email help@eballot.com and we'd be happy to assist! Cheers, Jonathan Liu Head of Customer Experience