All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

eFileCabinet Reviews

Great Product

I have been using efilecabinet for well over 10 years and am glad I made the switch from paper. The ease of finding files and storing new items makes it well worth the money. It is nice to always have the cabinets available to me.

Good product, needs updating

Going paperless and all the related benefits.

Pros

The overall concept of the software is good. Folder and drawer system is logical and easy to adapt from a manual file system or windows folder setup

Cons

Lack of updates over the years, crashes often almost always has issues after windows updates requiring customer service. Lack of feature additions yet price has risen continually. Not being able to drag a file straight to an email may force me to look elsewhere if this isn't added soon,.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback. We want to provide the best possible experience and support to our customers and are excited about some future updates that will improve the customers experience even more. We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Review of eFileCabinet

File storage for our students so they have access to digital materials and videos.

Pros

Document storage for my students. Some students find it easy to use; others (technically challenged) do not.

Cons

I think there are many features that are available, but every feature is an added cost. This was not made clear when I first contracted with eFileCabinet.

Good for mass document storage

Pros

It gives me the ability to store massive amounts of client files without taking up space on my hard drive.

Cons

I still need to develop my own file naming system, and try not to lose track of things by creating layers upon layers of folders.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, it's so great to hear about how eFileCabinet is able to help support your business. We're excited for some new updates coming that will improve the user experience even more and look forward to providing your business with continued support.

Great program

This program has changed the way I operate my practice (CPA). All of my clients e-mails, tax returns, data, bookkeeping, etc. is stored in one place. Wonderful investment.

Pros

Everything is stored in one place.

Cons

None

Fast, Efficient and Safe

My overall experience has been good as it has been easy to login and navigate the site. I have enjoyed the ease of downloading the documents that have been placed there for me as well as the ease of uploading when needed. I have had no security issues as a result and that is of high value to me.

Pros

The security offered as well as the ability to communicate with my tax professional.

Cons

I haven't been using extensively enough to know that.

Thank you so much for leaving this great review. It's great to hear that you love the ease of use that eFileCabinet provides for your business. We appreciate your feedback.

eFileCabinet Review

Overall, I love using eFileCabinet at work for my document management. I never have to worry that my coworkers are using the older files of what I've worked on and information is always correct.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease for document managing and organizing. You never have to worry about people in your company having the incorrect copy of what is most updated. It is so simple to revise the documents you've worked on and it be distributed.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that not file extensions are offered when you'd like to download a document.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Return to Version 4.1.43.56

I have used eFile Cabinet for about 7 years. The reason we choose this program is that all documents are saved in PDF format, and once saved can be accessed by Windows Explorer. If the company goes bust, nothing is lost and everything is fully accessible. With the newer versions, the documents are stored with a proprietary encryption; and can no longer be accessed using Windows Explorer. The eFile...

Pros

Version 4.1.43.56 is very good

Cons

The newer versions have a proprietary encryption that can not be deactivated.

Have used it many years

Pros

Easy to use, support is great, they act quickly, LogMeIn works great, polite staff, helpful, kind, courteous

Cons

Price, no options for monthly payments

Solved a problem

For the most party I have been happy with the software. I switched from Smart Vault to have a solution that was easier for me and my clients. For the most party eFileCabinet has done that. Still learning and wish I could send multiple attachments in one e-mail.

Pros

Can easily store clients documents, in one location just like a real file cabinet

Cons

e-mail to clients. I wish we could click on multiple items to send in one e-mail. I would like to be able to do the same templates for personal tax clients and business tax clients without having to customize it each time.

EfileCabinet

The program was super easy to set up and implement.

Pros

Cloud based and easy of access makes doing our job so much easier. Ability to customize folders, files and security is critical and great.

Cons

Wish our HRIS was an open system and we could fully integrate.

It's great to hear that you love our cloud based solution and that it makes your job so much easier! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we appreciate the review!

My first year with eFileCabinet

Love that I can put all my documents in the same place. Irritated with sidekick because 1/2 the time it won't accept items for download and I have to open, sign in and our documents in efc the old fashioned way Pretty privacy for a small office like mine but CPA I work with requires me to use it. But love the product and have confidence in the security.

Pros

Security and layout.

Cons

Sidekick is irritating.

Our experience as a company has been great!

Pros

The ease of use has allowed new hires to pick up the software right from day one. It seamlessly transfers files from our local onto eFile.

Check it out

It has been a positive experience and have so appreciated the great customer service

Pros

We needed something that was safe, in the cloud and easy to navigate for all in the office. I am still learning all the things we can do with this program.

Cons

Some of the workflow items are hard to find and understand.

It's great to hear that you have had such a positive experience so far, we're grateful to serve your business! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

My Opinion of eFileCabinet

Pros

eFileCabinet software is super easy to use and is a lot like Google/the cloud where you can store and manage your documents and files on any network.

Cons

There are other similar products that compete.

It is excellent to hear that you have found our software easy to use. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

Review of efile Cabinet

Very happy and satisfied with the program. Our office has used the program since 2011 and have not had any complaints in regards to using and storing the data.

Pros

Ease of use in using the program

Cons

Excellent file storage solution!

Feature rich, easy to use, overall I like this much better than Smartvault!

Pros

I think it is great how this syncs with SecureDrawer, a feature that has saved me so much time! This lets me retrieve my client's documents instantly, and I can even transmit confidential info, safely and securely. Overall, very versatile, I could see this having cross-industry applications, and hope that more people will come to realize how perfect it could be for their needs!

Cons

A few of the features are a little poorly explained, but the excellent customer service set me straight every time!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that our software saves you time and that you love the SecureDrawer functionality. We strive to provide great value and support to our customers and look forward to supporting the continued success of your business.

Very pleased with the quality of not only the product but also the professionals at eFileCabinet

Pros

We needed a solution to migrate the medical records created in our former legacy electronic medical records software to and eFileCabinet was the most cost-effective solution by far and when factoring in the generous non-profit discount it had no rival. During implementation, we had an excellent experience with eFileCabinet staff who did a great job working with the imported XML files containing metadata...

Cons

We have not experienced any negatives with the software and for the things we need it for it has performed them adequately without issue.

Stability Questions

The main task eFileCabinet performs is the efficient organization of client information.

Pros

When working the software is easy to use. When working the features are flexible enough to meet most data management needs.

Cons

I spend to much time with support. The software (securedrawer) is not stable. The user interface changes frequently. The user manual is often not up to date. When Windows 10 is updated the software stops working correctly. As you know Microsoft updates their software often so it means I'm contacting eFileCabinet often to fix the software. The is no convenient place for me to determine what changes update make to the software. Too often when one issue is fixed other issues are created.

eFile Cabinet - A great program at a reasonable cost

My overall experience has been great. The program works for what we need it for, sharing and maintaining documents digitally across our customer base.

Pros

eFile Cabinet is very simple and intuitive to use. Great for online file storage. The cost is quite reasonable.

Cons

I would prefer great flexibility in commenting on documents within the system.

It's awesome to hear how you find eFileCabinet simple and intuitive to use, we love to support your business! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

Your Digital Filing Cabinet

Support has been exceptional in the rare occasions that we have had to reach out to them.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to setup an on premise way to give access to the files that need to go to the correct people.

Cons

Would like to see a better way to give users permissions to just one "drawer" in a filing cabinet.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're excited to hear that the system is easy to use and that our support team has been helpful for you. Thank you for choosing us to be your document management system provider.

Great paperless storage software system

The easy use of the system makes it one of the best document storage systems. Being compliant for the type of business I am in a key factor as well.

Pros

The ease of putting important documents into the system and being able to access them quickly.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I like least about the software.

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is able to keep you compliant and that you find it to be one of the best document storage systems! Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review!

Efile made simple

Efile has helped clean up all of our paper customer files, making more room in the office and the feeling of less clutter

Pros

ease of use. we all use it and love it

Great inexpensive option

Pros

Inexpensive and it is easy to work with.

Cons

Nothing to improve on. I will continue to use and evaluate

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We're happy to hear that you've found our services to be a great, inexpensive option for your business and look forward to continuing to support your success.

eFileCabinet Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my customer service rep and he has been very patient and knowledgeable.

Pros

The ease in which to drag and drop files is convenient. I love the ability to organize the files to my needs as well as the ability to locate files.

Cons

I haven't worked out the bugs yet to allow my clients to access files for a time period.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review, we really appreciate your feedback!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.