All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

eFileCabinet Reviews

Office Manager

At a glance, we can access anything. We can send our tax returns encrypted with a click of the mouse.

Pros

The ease to access everything immediately; this is our number one software that we use. At different shows, we have even visited with people considering this product and showed them our set up. Everyone we have talked to thru the years has been super impressed.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. Everything has been great especially you get people on the phone that you can understand.

It's incredible to hear that eFileCabinet is the number one software you use, we're proud to be able to help your business and look forward to providing you with continued support. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review.

Good product, WAY too expensive

Overall, I had many customers using efile, not it is down to 2, and they will not renew at the next renewal. The cost is just too high for the service provided.

Pros

The searchablity and security, data can't be compromised by a virus

Cons

There are bugs that may or may not get fixed during an update, and they don't know why.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback.

The best document management system for small tax & financial planning office

The technical support team is outstanding and goes above and beyond.

Pros

It meets all or needs, is reliable and a great value. I have not found a comparable solutions. It is easy to print, scan or upload files into the database. I love the folder and file naming templates which save lots of time. There is very flexible retention setting which allow purging some files after a given time period needed for accounting and tax preparation, and setting for permanent retention need for financial planning and investment management clients.

Cons

My only complaint about eFileCabinet is that they don't always completely consider small usability issues on the impact to us on deploying their solutions to hundreds of users.

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet meets all of your needs and is a great value for your business. We're grateful to support you as a customer. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

**Great software! **

We work in a county board of education office and work in the special education office handling the paperwork and files of our special education students. Efile helped us to get rid of our bulky file cabinets (about 6 four drawer cabinets that were crammed to the max!!) as well as eliminate the floor weight limit (we are on the 2nd floor)!!

Pros

the ease of daily use is awesome! It was easy to make changes, save, upload and download with extreme ease!! It did not require the use of a bulky manual and was very easy to learn and set up

Cons

Sometimes the updates made the program not work efficiently as we weren’t notified of the updates. Also customer service was hard to get in touch with as they were 3 hours behind us (we are EST and they are MST).

It is amazing to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to play a role in eliminating your file cabinets and that it is easy to use. We are grateful for your review and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Efile Cabinet

Efile is a 1,2,3, step in system organizing. If you are trying to convert from paperless.. efile has some challenges. There are not many editing so if you want to change the direction of the organization you can not easily do that using this software. So far with the storage space it is working great! It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

Pros

E-file is used on the daily. 1,2,3 steps. Easy-ish to use. Clear instructions and great customer help with employees that are friendly and knowledgeable when a problem occurs. The software is very black and white and you are able to Create a more advanced.

Cons

Creating a more advanced and complex filing system when scanning multiple files is more on the challenging side to correct. If you mess up and want to delete a mistake it is near impossible. I look at efile as more as the finale draft for a project and there are not many editing options to play around with. It would also be nice to have a button where you and individually select pages in the file to scan.

We're happy to hear that you find eFileCabinet as easy as 1,2,3 to use! We are excited to have some future updates coming that will improve the user and client experience even more, and look forward to continuing support for your business. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Year of Use

I love using it with SecureDrawer, a client accessible portal which easily integrates with EFC and makes sending files to clients a "piece of cake". The ability to print directly is a huge time saver. The ability to send e-mails, excel files, word documents, etc directly to EFC is not only a time saver, but eliminates the need to keep client files in multiple locations. As a one person office, EFC has saved my more time than I could imagine when I purchased the product in 2006.

Pros

I have used this software since Jan. 2006. I like the ease of use and the free support when needed. Further, the company works continuously to upgrade their product.

Cons

My least liked feature of EFC is the inability to delete files from SecureDrawer once they have been downloaded into the client file.

It's so great to hear that eFileCabinet helps run your business smoothly and makes things a piece of cake! Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review, we look forward to providing continued support for your business!

Good Security, Needs Some Functional Improvement

Easily storing client files is great.

Pros

The security features to limit access to certain files, the ability to easily encrypt files for sending through email, the online backup, and user setup.

Cons

I do not like how long the search takes to find clients. I do not like how sometimes when you click on a drawer or a folder the software takes extra long to open the drawer or folder. I have to click on another folder and then click back to folder I want. I do not like having to search for the drawer and folder when adding a file through Efile Cabinet. It should go right to the drawer or folder that is already open.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear that you love the security features and how eFileCabinet is able to support your business. We're excited about some new upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more, and look forward to providing your business with continued support.

Not Feature Packed But Reliable

It meets our online file storage needs desktop sidekick app could use some more features but overall good product.

Pros

its reliable, lots of space, iOS support

Cons

No way to flag items into categories (red,blue,yellow etc...) No way to remind you about item/file No CRM integrations No To Do or calendar/Team collaboration

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback!

EFilecabinet-My thoughts

I liked the concepts but unless you have structured the meta data correctly and in detail (lots of it) then your ability to search for words or phrases within your document database could be restricted but it depends on what outcomes you are trying to achieve.

Pros

Setup was easy. Structure of Cabinets, Drawers, Folders and files easy for users to understand.

Cons

No ability to search within documents when doing a search at a top level (ie from a cabinet or draw or folder.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate your review!

Overall good product, but has some kinks

Efile cabinet has allowed us to eliminate paper copies of client files! My biggest suggestion would be to make sure the set-up is correct from the beginning. We are still left with a file/document naming structure that is less than optimal.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and is a solid virtual filing cabinet. I like that it is integrated with the Secure Drawer portal and I like that you can email directly from the application.

Cons

Our company has had more than its share of headache when upgrading from one verson to another. Specifically we have had (and currently have) the programmers working on our company's upgrade. This makes it very difficult during our busy times and leads to a lack of desire to upgrade.

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback and for helping us improve the user experience. It's great to hear that you love the easy to use platform and the virtual filing cabinet set up! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

efile review

very efficient and useful. Excellent experience with this program

Pros

It truly is just like a filing cabinet. You can store everything in its native format and retrieve quickly with date or word searches. Storing emails in native format is particularly useful because you can always review to see what attachments are with the email. Drag and dropping files from one screen into efile which we locate on a second screen is intuitive because it is just like taking a piece of paper or document and placing it in a file. Efile has reduced the amount of paper and filing

Cons

I wish efile had a arrow back button that would take you back to the previous screen.

Thank you so much for leaving us this review. It's great to hear that our product has been able to help you reduce the amount of paper and filing your business does. We look forward to providing you continued support for the success of your business.

Great Software, Excellent Value

We have already spoken the praises of eFileCabinet and referred business. We love the product, it does precisely what we need.

Pros

The price just can't be beat. Our small-midsize business had needs for confidential electronic employee record-keeping, and efilecabinet was a perfect fit for us.

Cons

Not all the functionality is there. For instance, I can upload Outlook Mail messages directly to the file, which is great; however, I can't view these messages from within the online software - it must be downloaded. This kind of defeats the perfect of keeping the files stored within the efilecabinet and nowhere else. Additionally, sometimes load times to view files is a bit slow. Wish it were a bit smoother.

It's great to hear that we are able to support your business with exactly what you need. We strive to provide great value for all of our customers and we're excited for some future updates that will be improving the user experience even more. Thanks for leaving us a review!

Can't Imagine My Business Without It

eFileCabinet has so changed the way my business runs that I will forever be thankful I stumbled upon it. We can now operate in a smaller footprint, print WAY less documents, and have everything we need for a great customer transaction right in front of us. We have saved and made way more money from using eFileCabinet than the software costs. 10/10 would recommend to any size business.

Pros

eFileCabinet allows my business to have every client document, marketing file, and expense worksheet right at our fingertips. I love how easy it is to use and how we can have our files so well organized. We have avoided many customer issues and definitely increased our sales by the organization that eFileCabinet has provided us.

Cons

The price is nothing to balk at and at first I was hesitant since there are other, cheaper, options out there. But let me tell you the ease of use, quality of the product and fantastic customer support make it worth every penny we spend.

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a glowing review! We're happy to have taken part in supporting the success of your business and are excited to continue that effort moving forward.

What I have accomplished because of eFile Cabinet.

Three years ago, our office decided that we needed to step into the digital age and start making digital copies of documents. The reasons were for storage space capacity and for the ability to find documents when we needed them. Recently I have been asked about events that happened in Beaver City in the last three years and been able to find these documents with ease. Yesterday, I was asked about some...

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to find the documents I need.

Cons

It is so expensive that we can't afford more than one user. We are a small city and the numbers are hard to justify on paper for another user.

Use of eFile Cabinet since 2012

We have had few problems. The eFile Cabinet allows all our users to easily access needed information, and it is easy to store and update this information as needed

Pros

The software was easy to set up. It is great to store, fix and change documents leaving a trail of all changes made. It allows use to easily update the system to set a new year for all clients. We have had few problems with the software, but when we did, technical support was fast and efficient to keep us up and running.

Cons

Because of its ease of use, sometimes it is easy to delete or move a document. However, it is easy to find and restore the document.

It's great to hear that you love the easy-to-use user interface and have enjoyed having eFileCabinet for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

I love eFc! I've never worked with anything like eFc and it wasn't difficult to learn.

Retention of important data (sent from outside the firm or created by the firm); ability to organize data as I wish, ability to share files with clients

Pros

I like the versatility. From the beginning, I could see the many opportunities of how eFc could be used by other industries/situations. I am amazed that we have the ability to create a digital filing cabinet where WE, the user, can organize each drawer however is best for our business or our purpose. Organization can be as extremely detailed or as simplified as one wishes . If a piece of information needs to be shared outside of the business then there are numerous easy ways to do that including SecureDrawer. To top it off, it is not difficult to learn. We've all dealt with software that requires us to pull out our notes to work in it. Not eFc!

Cons

As with all software, there are little things that happen every once in a while. For example, 2% of the time when I type in a search word (that I know is there), nothing will come up. As I said, it's just a little thing.

Review from ANA

It has been overall good. I like the security features of having us log in with password. It is also nice that a few of us can log in at the same time. One thing I would improve is looking up clients. I would love it that if you started spelling out a client name the program would be able to start populating the possible names, I don't like the search space as you have to spell out the entire name and it wastes time.

Pros

It is easy to use and the interface is not complicated

Cons

I don't like that sometimes I have difficulty logging in. For some reason the address on my server changes and I can't access it. I have called support and they were able to help me, but not sure how to fix so it doesn't happen again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear that your overall experience has been great and we look forward to providing your business with continued support.

Good Features and Secure but Document Sharing is Difficult.

We've been using eFileCabinet for a year now after previously using SmartVault. I like the many features, including the ability to create templates, tag documents and assign documents to employees but what really got us hooked are the emailing features. We love that you can email out sensitive documents with a password and specific restrictions. We find that having a document sharing system with our clients is difficult. I find SecureDrawer to be confusing to set up and use. Therefore, we don't use SecureDrawer as much and we can longer offer document sharing to our clients. Overall, we are satisfied with the product and how secure our system feels. I would recommend it to other small-medium businesses.

Pros

Good Features. Secure Logins. Good Support. Easy to understand design.

Cons

Some features are not explained fully - so I don't know how to use them. Secure drawer is confusing and doesn't sync well with eFileCabinet. I find the support team to be helpful but at times they do not explain well what they are doing or what the solution is. They simply take over your computer (very occasionally without asking) and fix the problem. At times they will leave without closing the various windows they used to solve the problem. Despite those grievances, I do find it very easy to have a problem solved although we haven't needed to call or chat in months!

eFile Cabinet

I can now share with whomever I need to in my practice whatever files they may need. It has cut down on the amount of time we were spending going back and forth between offices to share the information needed.

Pros

I like that I can search and locate items from any of my cabinets. It's very rare that I can't find what I'm looking for. I like that I can customize with as much detail as I want each and every drawer and every file in that drawer. I like the security that comes with items stored in eFile.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like about eFile. It serves our needs very well.

It is great to hear that eFileCabinet has cut down on a lot of time and going back and forth in communications, it's been our pleasure to provide your business with the support necessary to be successful. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, we look forward to providing you with continued service for the success of your business!

eFile Cabinet

Storage

Pros

I love being able to store documents and not have all the paper

Cons

Last year it was wonderful. This year changes have been made that make it harder to use. We would not have bought it if this is how it originally was. With the changes we are no longer able to page through documents in the view window. Before this showed us immediately how big a file was because of the number of pages. We also were able to store lots of items to the same folder without always searching for it because it would bring us to the last place stored. Also, When we currently store we don't always see that the item is stored without going out of the folder and back in. Before it always showed up immediately. I hear some of these features will be back with the next update which I am looking forward to.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate your review!

Great Platform for Date Keeping

Pros

We love the ease of the software. The employees and I are able to maneuver easily through the program and locate everything we need to find. We like that it alerts us to check the files back in if we happen to leave them open while working on another project. Additionally, we enjoy the scanning features to be able to speed up the process of data entry.

Cons

It took awhile for us to get our efile scanner setup. We were not able to set it up ourselves, we had to contact the support desk, however, in the end we got it set up, and have no issues.

Thank you so much for leaving this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the scanning features and that our services have been able to help speed up data entry for your company. Our customer success team is always here to support your needs if you have any further questions or need further assistance. We're excited to continue support for the success of your business.

Great Customer Service

We love this product. It is a huge time saver for us and also eliminates the need for leaving your desk to file paperwork. And, you have easy access to their customer service team. We can chat with their team within minutes.

Pros

I like that everyone is my office can access all the information immediately. And, I can give permissions to each person that's individual to each of them. The not so tech savvy individual can just view while the more technical can have full access.

Cons

I don't like that we have to scroll thru our file to find which one page we need. There's not an adequate search function that would be helpful to us.

It is wonderful to hear that your business loves eFileCabinet and that we're able to help you save time and reduce paperwork! We're excited for some upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more, and look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business.

Saved Our Business

Pros

This software has been a lifesaver for our business. We are a small/local/rural health care organization that has a lot of records. We are required by our state to house those records for a long period of time even after the individual is no longer being cared for. We were overrun by paper. We made the switch to eFileCabinet about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Once a file is scanned, I feel confident that it is safe and secure and uploaded exactly how I expect it to be. I have no problem shredding a document after it is uploaded because I know it is safe.

Cons

The initial start up was difficult with all our backlog, but the software made it easy to achieve.

It's great to hear that our product has been a lifesaver for your business! We're happy to be able to support your success. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review!

EfileCabinet for Rep Payee use

Overall our experience with EfileCabinet has been positive. We have eliminated the need for 9 - 10 filing cabinets.

Pros

I like the ease of use the most. The software allows us to easily set up and manage hundreds of client accounts with ease. Many of our clients have special requirements and this system allows us to customize each clients account record with ease.

Cons

I wish there was a way to file the clients information more easily. We have over 400 clients that we scan documentation into files for and this system can be a bit cumbersome with so much documentation that needs to be filed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. It's awesome to hear that our software is able to assist your business in managing client accounts with ease. We're excited to be launching some new features that will help provide you a solution to file client's information even easier, if you contact your customer success manager, they will be able to give you more information. Thanks for your feedback! We look forward to providing you with continued support for your business.

Life Saver

When I was introduced to eFileCabinet three years ago we were using the desktop version, which I learned very quickly so I can say it is very user friendly. Last year we decided to switch to the online version and have loved every minute of it. The team at eFileCabinet are truly amazing and we can't speak enough good about them. We save so much time, money and stay more organized with eFileCabinet. Being able to have the online version has opened the doors for us to manage our files from anywhere we have a signal.

Pros

Cons

There truly are little to no cons to this software if you are looking for ways to improve you productivity and manageability of your organization.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.