All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

eFileCabinet Reviews

Great experience

Pros

It has organized our business tremendously. We have eliminated 2,400 sqft of storage space, perfected offsite backups of documents, and saved ourselves hours of production time from the ease of searching for documents needed.

Cons

Have had some issues with recent updates that required downgrading to previous builds, which was both frustrating that we could not utilize improvements and time it took to downgrade. I would like to see more product training than rush to push out unfinished improvements.

It is awesome to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to organize your business! We strive to provide the best in value and service for our customers, and with some upcoming updates and features we hope to be able to provide better support for the continued success of your business. Thank you for choosing eFileCabinet, and for taking the time to leave us this review!

Easy and accurate software

We are trying to be a paperless office and with eFileCabinet it is very efficient. We can scan documents and looking back for them, if needed, is quick. All the documents are easily found because each person or office can set up a filing system to meet their exact needs. It is awesome.

Pros

eFileCabinet is so great to use and with the Sidekick button on my screen at all times searching for anything is so easy. I can look up things quickly and that is a big plus.

Cons

Once you look at a document it is "checked out" the documents always then need to be "checked in" It is not a big deal and we have learned to work with it.

It is excellent to hear how eFileCabinet is helping your office become paperless and more efficient! We're excited about some new features coming that will improve the user experience even more, and we very much look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review.

HMFG eFile Review

Pros

The ability to have embedded folders that act as a filing service for all our client documents is key. Having the option to preview documents helps speed up anything the firm is doing to reduce how many open files are sitting on the computer. The support staff is also great with any needs that we have.

Cons

It is sometimes slow and archaic as we have not seen a lot of new updates or new features since the time we have started using the software. We are hoping that more services will come out that would help with our normal day to day activities.

It's great to hear that you love some of the features and functionality our system provides for your business. We are excited to announce some new updates coming out that will improve the user experience even more and look forward to helping grow the success of your business through continued support.

Overall I love the service but the app needs a refresh. I also wish that the new payment policy included myself and my husband for a lower price as it just doubled since we are two users and we have been using this service since we began our business.

Pros

Keeps everything organized and is pretty easy to use.

Cons

The app is HORRIBLE. Needs significant revamping. It is very difficult to understand the symbols to click on in order to open things in the app. Also, the software on a laptop sometimes malfunctions when uploading documents to storage and the only way to get E-file working again is to restart the entire computer which is frustrating.

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're excited to announce that we have some new updates coming that will make the app and overall user experience more user-friendly and look forward to providing your business with continued support. Thanks for leaving us a review!

eFile Review

Overall it works well for what it is needed for, but I really wish IT would be a bigger help with our issues.

Pros

The thing I like the most about eFile is the ease of use of the buddy. It opens when I turn on my computer and I am able to use it through out the day to do what needs to be done. It is simple and quick to use on a daily basis.

Cons

I have had a few issues with things deleting out of nowhere or becoming corrupt. Tech support has not been able to help m with it and we have tried multiple times to correct this.

It's great to hear that you have found eFileCabinet easy to use. We strive to provide the best in value to our customers and want to remedy this issue you occasionally have with files deleting or becoming corrupt. Someone from our support team will be in contact with you to discuss this further. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Does exaclty what we need it to do

It is very intuitive software to use and very robust revision control on the files stored in it.

Pros

We use it as an engineering document management system to store revision controlled engineering documents and it does a great job. Could start importing file immediately. Very intuitive on how to set up Cabinets and drawers and load files into them.

Cons

There are not any workflow actions in the Toolbox that address our unique use of this software so we need to have a process outside of eFile Cabinet to manage the approval process of making a change to a document.

It's great to hear that you find the eFileCabinet platform intuitive! We're excited for some new features coming soon that are going to improve the user experience even more, and we can't wait to help support the future success of your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Inexpensive & Efficient

EFileCabinet allows my organization to easily and securely keep all files in one place. Due to my role, I am constantly traveling and being able to access the site remotely is essential.

Pros

Easy to navigate, user friendly, clean-looking system, plenty of storage, allows for remote login.

Cons

Can be cumbersome to get the appropriate access to certain individuals.

It's great to hear that you love the ability to access the system remotely and that you're able to stay organized and keep your files secure! We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

A Folder For Every Need

Pros

EFile's Rubex integration makes it incredibly easy to import large numbers of work-related documents, and with the correct pathing set up, will even title them appropriately for filing purposes. It's a great feature that I haven't seen elsewhere, and it's a great help when things need to be sorted quickly during the busy season.

Cons

Setting up pathing for re-naming documents can be a bit difficult, and at times the program runs slowly (mostly when it will cause the most inconveniences, but that happens with most programs) or won't show a preview. It'd also be better if it would tell you that another user had checked out the document before you tried to open it and went to a mode that was preview or download only until the other user checked the file back in, but otherwise, it's not too terrible.

It's great to hear how you use eFileCabinet to help support your busy season, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate the review!

This is better than paper copies

I don't have space in my office for cabinets and we handle a lot of important information that can't be expose, all my files are safe and I don't need a cabinet that reduces my office space.

Pros

It is so easy to use, i can fins a document and a few seconds, my bosses are impressed, keeps every document, important or not, all organized, we reduced the paper copies considerably.

Cons

It is nothing that I don't like about this product so far. But I just need to know if is any way that I can check my files from another device, I understood that all the files are safe in the cloud, so in case that my server got damaged I would like to know how I will be accessing to all my efile cabinets?

It's so great to hear that you love using eFileCabinet, we are grateful to be helping serve your business! Thank you so much for leaving us a review.

eFileCabinet Excellent Digital Filing and File Sharing System

I work remotely a great deal and essentially have access to my entire office from my lap top. I can share documents with clients securely and easily. For most uses in my business, It's a legal violation to share documents by e-mail attachments. EFC and secure drawer are the easiest way to transfer documents back and forth. My clients love it.

Pros

All my files are digitally organized in one central system, easily available, searchable, and sharable with clients. Easy to use, fairly priced, and excellent technical support.

Cons

The inability to directly file an e-mail attachment in e-file cabinet. it has to be "parked" some place and transferred to EFC. It's an annoyance.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us in this review! It's great to hear that your clients love our system and that we're able to provide both the security and functionality that your business needs to be successful and compliant.

Long Time Administrator and installer

Pros

Efilecabinet in my opinion is a refinded product and has been for many years, sometimes you dont need to fix a product. The did do upgrades to deal with Office365 integrations and did so in a fairly timely manner. We have been installing and administrating EFileCabinet for many years now and are happy overal with the product.

Cons

The interface on the software is a little outdated, and good use a good ux/ui update. The automation of backup when not using the integrated sql server are outdated as well, but still workable.

It is great to learn more about how you use eFileCabinet and how our software is able to support your business. We're excited for some new upcoming features that will improve the user experience even more, and look forward to providing your business with continued support!

N.E. Agri-Service Review

Overall eFileCabinet has been a good experience. Support is very good and it is easy to get a hold of them. I do like the ease of being able to send documents to Secure Drawer. Some of our clients use that function to send us documents and they like the security of it and the ease of it. A lot of our clients are elderly farmers and they are really not into using computerzied equipment or software, but the ones that do, do like it.

Pros

Ease of finding and storing documents, the options of security when sending an email. the scanning feature is very easy to use.

Cons

That there is not an automatic print feature to store tax returns.

Thank you so much for leaving this review, we really appreciate your feedback. We're excited to hear that you've found our system helpful and easy to use with our clients, and that you've enjoyed working with our support team. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business!

An integral part of my CPA firm

As a CPA, I'm required to keep the documentation of my work for at least seven years. eFile Cabinet makes the storage of my documents a breeze and gives me peace of mind knowing that I have secure document retention even if a natural disaster were to occur. I have been using eFile Cabinet for about 10 years, and it is an integral part of my business, as it allows me to quickly save my documents as I work and access them very rapidly when needed.

Pros

eFile Cabinet provides reliable secure archives of my documents that are easy to access when I need them.

Cons

I wish there were a way for my clients to access the files that I share with them without them having to remember their login credentials

Wow, it's wonderful to hear that eFileCabinet has given you such great peace of mind for your documents and your business. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate the review!

Great Storage Cabinet

We are a tax company and our client's information is highly sensitive and it is extremely important, especially while emailing. Efile cabinet allows me to password protect their file and email easily. I then am able to document in the comments section when and who I emailed.

Pros

Whether you are using this product for just yourself or your entire company, this is the storage for you. Efile Cabinet is extremely easy to use and retrieve information from. I love the fact that I can save a file, then email it to the client and put into the notes who I emailed it to and when.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about Efile Cabinet.

It's so great to hear how much you love eFileCabinet and that you find it easy to use! We love being able to support your business. Thanks so much for leaving us this great review!

This brings paperless to the 21st century

We process over 700 tax returns every year and then several hundred corporate filings during the course of a year. If we had to save paper records , I'd have rent a storage unit. Then, clients are always calling looking for previous years returns...I am able to securely email these in under 5 minutes...

Pros

Templates and auto fill names allows me quickly scan and file without touching the keyboard

Cons

Interface with Secure drawer. User must be proficient with setting up drawers in secure drawer and making the correct association in efile cabinet

It is wonderful to hear that we're able to help you store all of your files without renting a storage unit! We're excited about some new updates coming that will improve the user experience with eFileCabinet and Secure Drawer, and very much look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

A good option for a repository of information (with some challenges.)

It has helped us organize our products and subsequent information into an easy database.

Pros

I like the ease of putting the data items (pdfs, word docs, drawings, powerpoints. etc.) into drawers and folders by dragging and dropping. As an admin I can easily access the information, but end-users have difficulty seeing what they are accessing because they are all separate line items

Cons

It is difficult to assign folders to end-users. You have to manually find an end-user by specific email address or name...would be nice to see all guests alphabetically or just assign folders to an end-user profile page...just tick off all of the existing options. An admin CANNOT remove options that isn't applicable to the particular application. For instance, my end-users do not need to have access to instant messages within securedrawer and they still do...so they send questions to us which go unanswered. There are still problems when a person uses Internet Explorer. The information loading takes forever and you cannot tell it's loading.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Streamlined Documentation

Overwhelmingly positive except for the corruption issue above.

Pros

It allows my team to work more collaboratively and allows me as a supervisor to monitor documents more efficiently and effectively.

Cons

It occasionally corrupts my files and cannot be restored from a prior workable version. This issue has not been resolved despite multiple phone calls.

It is great to hear that your experience with eFIleCabinet has mostly been overwhelmingly positive. We want to ensure you have no frustration with the product and are excited about some updates being released soon that will improve user experience even more, we hope this will improve any corruption issues you still may be experiencing. Your customer success representative will also be reaching out to help you resolve this issue further. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review!

eFileCabinet review

Pros

The preview function to see documents without having to download them. Easy to upload documents.

Cons

Occasionally the software will be very slow to open drawers and files. Other times we get the "oops something went wrong" notice and all we can do is log out of the platform and try again later. We are never sure what went wrong and usually any work we uploaded will not be saved.

Thank you for leaving us your feedback! It's great to hear that you love the preview function. When you happen to have the "oops something went wrong," message, please feel encouraged to reach out to our amazing support team. They are available via chat, email, and phone and strive to assist customers with the best possible solution. Thanks again for leaving us a review, we look forward to providing continued support for your business!

Good product

Pros

Very easy to use and find documents/material. Ability to set it up personal for your own specific use is nice too.

Cons

Does not handle large documents or images well.

It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is easy to use, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

Extremely Valuable Tool!

My company did not have a uniform way of organizing our documentation. Everyone had the same documents, but different versions, which was a nightmare. That's when I found eFileCabinet, and started the trial. It's so easy to use, and great for keeping staff abreast of the latest revisions to plan coverages. No more having to worry about people not having the correct, or outdated information. Being able to search for documents has ceased to be a chore. Look forward to having it full-time, once I get approved by the company!

Pros

It would have to be making my own cabinets and controlling who see them. It's imperative I have everything organized so I can quickly find the information needed to assist a team member with a claims decision . EFC allows me to have that organization and I am grateful for it. eFileCabinet gave me a level of organization that I have sorely needed.

Cons

The only thing I found lacking was the various file types it supports. While the standard Office ones are all there, customers send things in all manner of ways, and not all are supported.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it is wonderful to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help you keep things organized and that you love the customizability options. We look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Efile Cabinet

We are saving on file cabinet space and saving time by finding what we need with efile cabinet. It is a great time saver and space saver, when my employer needs clients documents I have them in seconds. It is great!

Pros

That is it user friendly and easy to find your clients files. You can scan everything in right at your fingertips. When you need to go straight to efile cabinet! Look up your client and they are there. It is also easy to email to your clients documents!

Cons

I don't have any except just every once in a while it will have a problem opening, but I call the tech department and they are on it quickly and I am up and running

It is great to hear we have been able to help your business save time and space! We strive to provide our customers with the best possible value and service. Thanks for leaving this great review!

EFC

Pros

Ease of use and really like using the Sidekick feature

Cons

Can't complain because I like everything about the product.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear you love everything about eFileCabinet!

eFileCabinet

Great experience even when we were running into system issues. Support was great to work with.

Pros

The support was fantastic to work with even with some more in depth networking/compatibility issues. Our clients were able to work through the system at a very fast pace which really speaks of it's ease of use.

Cons

Can't really blame the product on this but it may be worth mentioning for the sales team. The client we work with that uses eFileCabinet had issues that they had simply outgrown their database both in size and users. I think it would be worth while to track the number of users on the SQL-lite

It's so great to hear that you have loved the support eFileCabinet provides and that you find the system easy to use! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Good product, but hard to get clients started with it

I only use Secure drawer, not efilecabinet. It works ok for the clients who take the time to learn to use it. When clients use it, it makes both our lives easier. Older clients balk at learning to use it.

Pros

Secure drawer provides a safe way to exchange documents with client.

Cons

When you search for secure drawer, it takes you to a website flagged for malicious activity. This scares clients coming to the service for the first time, even after I show them the correct place to log in. I wish we had better support for onboarding clients, because it takes 30 minutes to an hour to set up a new user and get them to access the portal successfully. Many will try it and then give up and mail their docs or use Dropbox.

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback, it's great to hear how you use eFileCabinet Secure Drawer for your business. We want to ensure you're receiving the best possible support and that we can resolve any issues you are encountering, and will have your customer success representative contact you to discuss some of these issues you mentioned further. We're excited for some new updates coming that will improve the user experience even more, and look forward to providing your business with continued support.

How I use it

Haven't bought a metal file cabinet it 15 years. I haven't seen any competition that can do what I need for the price.

Pros

It is a good way to store everything about a job or client, especially all of the source and backup data.

Cons

Never been trained "hands on". Usually have to wait for a callback for tech support. (I try to only deal with firms that pick up on the first or second ring).

It's great to hear that you haven't had to purchase a metal file cabinet in 15 years, thank you for letting us help you with that solution! We're excited to let you know that we now have support available through chat, phone, and email, and we also have new premium support services available for customers to have access to support when they need it, 24 hours per day, Monday through Saturday. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.