All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

eFileCabinet Reviews

We are contributing to a green environment and saving trees.

Pros

Efilecabinet provides my organization with a remote location where we can easily save company files securely ,and make it accessible to all of the right people within the organization. Since adopting efilecabinet , there has been less and less use for paper within my office environment or the need to manage hard copies of our documents.Overall ,we are helping our environment stay green by greatly reducing our paper consumption. File upload speed and scan on eFileCabinet is very fast and dependable.

Cons

User interface can be more intuitive than it has been for the past two upgrades.On two occasions ,we experience server outtages and weren't able to use this application for a few hours. That was back in 2016 and we haven't experienced such since then.

Great product for the cost.

It has been very good. We have had it for over 10 years now.

Pros

The ease of set up and storing documents. It is very manageable and you don't need to be in IT to do it.

Cons

Adding file folders for the new year seems cumbersome.

Thanks so much for the great review! It's great to here that you find eFileCabinet easy to set up and that we're able to organize and store your documents. To help with adding file folders, we might have a template that will help you with that! Our support team can guide you through using templates to make your work even more efficient. Thank you for being a customer for more than 10 years, we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Ten Years With EFC

In 2006 I decided that I did not want to continue to pay for physical space to store client and company files. My practice was growing, and every year I was purchasing more metal file cabinets. I had seen e-file cabinet demonstration at a seminar and decided I would attend another that Fall primarily to see and acquire the software. I did just that. We then proceeded to set up files in efc for each client and vendor and started immediately scanning source documents and returns and work papers for all current work. At the same time, we hired a temp worker to scan contents of our hard copy files for the previous three years. We have never looked back. I am retiring after this coming tax season, and we have electronic files for all clients for each year including 2004 forward.

Pros

Quick and easy to use.

OnSite Tech and Tax Preparation view point

Wonderful addition to my company and well worth the price to maintain our office documents.

Pros

Keeping any and all types of documents stored in encrypted format and Very customizable to suit my office needs and organization requirements to be able to find any document from 5 years ago if necessary!!

Cons

Not effectively able to email the stored documents which I just have not had time to work through.

Wow, thank you for leaving us with this glowing review. It's great to hear your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

Easy to Learn and Use

We are able to shred boxes and boxes of files and still be in compliance.

Pros

The Sidekick feature is a favorite. I also love that you can preview a document so that you don't have to open or check out a document. Love how easy it is to copy and paste from one location to another.

Cons

This is nit picking, but I do not like how when I'm in Sidekick and I need to go from a drawer/folder back to All Clients, it takes me to the top of the list every time (the As). I wish it would take me back to where I was in the list.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it's great to hear that you love Sidekick! We're really excited about some upcoming features that are going to improve the user experience even more, and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Tax preparer review

I've always received quick customer service when issues have arisen. I love that support is reliable and no matter which person, the issue is resolved quickly. In my industry, time is money so prompt resolution of problems is a must.

Pros

I like the ease to customize the software to your specific industry. I also like the ease of creating new cabinets as I'm saving a document and realize I need a new cabinet.

Cons

The annual maintenance fee seems a bit high for the initial investment in the software purchase.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that our support team has been reliable for you. We look forward to providing continued support for your business.

Long time user of eFileCabinet

Pros

Over the years since buying eFileCabinet it has convinced me to go completely paperless. The ease of use, filing items, and finding items is the key factor. As a tax preparer I am able to call up past documents quickly and print or distribute electronically them to clients effectively.

Cons

They company encourages me to watch their videos which I am not a fan. I would much rather read manuals, than watch videos. I will say than when I call the help lines the staff is eager to help and is very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedbac, we really appreciate the review!

Let's go Paperless

This has helped move our team forward in terms of document storage. Where paper files and storage use to roam, having everything electronically stored and accessible is incredible.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage, ability to tag and customize saving documents is a god send. It's hard to think back to a time when our office relied on paper files.

Cons

At this point I have come across nothing that I would deem as a con for this product. It does exactly what it sets out to do and then some!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review, it's great to hear that eFileCabinet has been able to help your office become a paperless environment!

5 stars

Great

Pros

It is cool I love how you can edit pdf from sidekick without downloading Learning profile and workflow

Cons

Wish had better support I am stuck on workflow now and have to make appt

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate your review! We have access to premium support 24 hours Monday through Saturday that you might be interested in, we will have your account manager contact you to give you more information.

Excellent Electronic Filing System

Overall we are very happy with the system and its functions. We have had many college interns who scan in our files and each one was able to learn it quick and work efficiently.

Pros

The product has really been a good tool for organizing our files and converting all paper files. It has been a space a saver and quick search tool/.

Cons

Sometimes are files go into a hidden folder and support has to unlock it but this has only happened about 2-3 times in several years.

It's great to hear that you are so happy with the system and functionality of eFileCabinet. We are grateful for your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave us this glowing review!

Efile Cabinet

The benefits are all documents secure in one place. No more filing. Easier & faster to locate documents when needed.

Pros

It eliminates the paper in filing cabinets.

Cons

That you can not add a new document to an existing document.

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! Great news, eFileCabinet actually does have the capability to add a new document to an existing document, and we're excited to announce that we just launched a new feature last week that will make this process even easier. Your support representative Eric has been trying to reach you and will call again today to discuss this feature more in depth with you. We look forward to providing continued support for the success of your business.

Best way to store your electronic docs!

Having the capability to electronically store our documents has created an office in our work space as we no longer need a file room!

Pros

Our entire staff uses eFile daily. We save every business document in the eFile system. It is easy to set up, easy to use and we absolutely love the functionality. We have never had a glitch or bug or any issue whatsoever. We love it!

Cons

I can't think of anything I would change.

It is so great to hear that you have loved getting rid of the file room and that we've been successful in helping your business manage the electronic storage for your files. Thanks for leaving us this great review!

Your virtual filing cabinet

I have worked for other companies that have gone paperless and this system has more to offer and more practical applications than any other system I have used. The versatility this product offers in naming your files as if they are in your filing cabinet sitting in your office is unsurpassed. Yes it is virtual office filing cabinet, because you have accessibility no matter where you are, you are not limited to running back to the office to "grab that file".

Pros

Load up your stuff and it is wherever you are. If your co-worker or boss is out of the office and needs to look at something right away, you can drop it into the system and they can view it, download, print it, whatever they need to do from where they are.

Cons

Wish the interface with outlook email system was quicker. It seems to take forever for an email to "appear" in the file.

Great Software

It's great, better than our last DMS.

Pros

Easy to use, keeps everything organized. Love Secure Drawer

Cons

We get kicked out of it sometimes, it won't let us log in sporadically. If I upload too many files in too short a time the carrots next to the clients names don't work anymore.

It's great to hear that you love Secure Drawer. We're excited about some new updates coming that are going to improve the user experience even more and will hopefully help eliminate some of the cons you have experienced. We also have a great support team available via chat, email, and phone and we would love to assist you anytime you need. Thanks for leaving us this great review!

No more paper!

Overall, I would say E-file cabinet met my expectations. It does just as intended and has allowed us to go paper free for the most part.

Pros

E-File cabinet has been really helpful in decluttering our office of all of the paper files that literally used to take up an entire room in our office space. It is convenient to have all of our files right there at our fingertips. No more running back and forth to the file room!

Cons

It would be nice if there was a feature to merge documents into an existing document which is already filed in the system. It is a bit inconvenient that documents have to be checked out to merge in the Adobe software, then added back to the E-file cabinet.

Wow, it is so great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help you reclaim your office space and that there is no more running back and for the between the file room! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us with this feedback, we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

I love Efilecabinet

I have been using Efilecabinet since 2004. My work is so much easier being able to eliminate paper from my work process. Being able to email and encrypt files to clients is amazing. Also using the Secure Drawer integration with my tax clients eliminates having to mail documents.

Pros

Seamless process in going from paper to paperless environment

Cons

Change in annual fees to subscription based

Wow, it's wonderful to hear that you've been able to eliminate paper from your work processes. We're grateful you have allowed us to be a part of your business. Thank you for leaving us this wonderful review!

Transitioning from Desktop to Online

Pros

I really like eFile Cabinet Sidekick and how its easier to upload docs to client folders.

Cons

It's difficult to search for clients some times. The search function would pull up every file and folder with the client's name. Drag and Dropping files within eFileCabinet Online isn't as clean. We need to cut and paste the files to a different folder.

It's great to hear that you like the functionality of Sidekick. We are excited about some coming updates that will improve the user experience even more and hope it will provide even better support for your business. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

eFile Cabinet Review

Overall it has been a great program and I use it all the time for our businesses.

Pros

The software is easy to use and it is great to have all your information in one place. I like that you can make unlimited folders and the drag and drop method to add things to File cabinet is great

Cons

I do not think the print function from the software works, at least I have never been able to print a document straight from efilecabinet. I usually have to download the document and then print it. I wish the ability to update a document was a little bit easier.

Thanks for leaving us this review, we appreciate the feedback!

EFC Review

We use EFile Cabinet on a daily bases. The concept is great and easy to use. The only issues we have are technical and those are being addressed.

Pros

Easy to use. Works well with other programs that we use.

Cons

System appears to lock up while scanning and storing to Efile Cabinet almost every day

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It's great to hear that eFileCabinet is easy to use and works well with your other programs. Our support team is readily available to help with any continued technical issues, and we strive to provide the best in support and value for our customers. We look forward to providing your business with continued support!

Great product!

It is easy to use and I feel like I am able to organize my data very easily. I like the software.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I am able to organize all of my clients data easily and I am able to access it easily when I need it. I love the sidekick right on my desktop and very convenient.

Cons

I have found with the sidekick that I can accidentally save a document over another one pretty easy. I don't think it should be so easy to do that.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! It's great to hear more about how eFileCabinet is able to support your business.

Really great product at a reasonable price

We used a different product for several years before converting to eFileCabinet. This was a great decision! The product is solid, the support good and overall the company is great to work with.

Pros

We really enjoy the easy-of-use. New users quickly adapt to the online interface because it works like a standard Windows/MAC file explorer. Any current computer user can master the eFileCabinet interface very quickly.

Cons

This is difficult as I can't think of a single thing we don't like. I'm sure there are nit-pick level items that each of our users would like to change, but they're so minor.

Excellent web based storage!

Overall, we have had a great experience with efile cabinet. It does what we need it to do. It’s very nice to have.

Pros

I love that we have a lot of space online to store documents and don’t have to take up space on our hard drives.

Cons

It seems to have a lot of extra features the we didn’t need or use. I feel like it could have been made more simple and easier to use.

It is great to hear that you love using eFileCabinet and have had a great experience so far. We strive to provide great value and efficiency for our customers and look forward to providing continued support for your business. Thanks for leaving us your feedback!

What happened - is there an update?

Customer service is helpful however there needs to be a software update that fixes the current "bugs" in the system.

Pros

We are mostly paperless now- scan all documents and kept stored organized by client

Cons

Something has happened with this software in last 6 months. Many of the efficient user friendly features vanished. Now when we scan documents it will not stay on the same cabinet and we have to re-select that client's cabinet each time - very inconvenient when you are scanning 100 different docs for 1 client.

We appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

Solid Small Business Document Management System

The product is great value for the money and they have great tech support. Do not need to use it often which is great!

Pros

This is easy to use, setup, install, and support. This is perfect for a small business that needs to go digital and have some document management options.

Cons

Some of the features are lacking in the document management that make work flows so nice, but I believe a new version just came out with it being completely updated.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that our service has been a perfect solution for your business. We look forward to providing continued support to you and your team.

Great option for centralized record keeping

For the most part it has been a great asset to the team.

Pros

Allows employee and company compliance records to be stored in an easily accessible program.

Cons

When changes or updates are done our IT group offered no guidance or tutorials for those changes. We are told to "call efile". Offering information to the IT group in advance of a change or migration could save us end users a lot of phone calls and stress.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate your review!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.