FileInvite Logo
FileInvite

Automated cloud-based document collection system for clients

visit website

FileInvite Reviews - Page 4

Brilliant time saving product

Very easy to work with, excellent customer service and always available when needed.

Pros

I loved the fact that all the documents that I needed from a client were not only sent to the client in one actionable file but also that the clients had a clear visual of what they had and hadn't sent. The auto follow ups for documents not yet received was also a valuable time saver. Clients have given me nothing but positive feedback on the ease of use from end user experience as well.

Cons

Nothing to fault with the product at all.

Thanks so much for the review Renee. Having a good idea where everyone and every file is at can be handy, and automatically following gets results. We are so glad that clients are finding it easy to use as well. Nick @ FileInvite.com

FileInvite review

Pros

First, the application can maintain the filename you installed the theme with, so you won't have to waste time renaming the file once it's downloaded. Second, if a customer uploads a photo, you may opt to get the PDF version instead of having to convert the image to PDF.

Cons

If a customer uploads all of the files and downloads them to get them all, it will save into one merged PDF file with ID, bank statement, and everything together. I will have to split them and rename them manually, and we couldn't just get the combined files for one file.

Thanks for your review Zuhairah. We have a solution to your problem! This article shows how you can select only certain files to be exported out in your collate, which may help: https://help.fileinvite.com/en/articles/3631936-download-selected-files-from-an-invite-into-a-single-collated-pdf If you have further questions please reach out to us at support@fileinvite.com"

My experience is an open book. LOFY

Pros

To begin with the trial is always nice to see if this is a software that you can work with immediately, or catch on by way of use. I was able to reach out to the team and get some shared files that would point me in the right direction to how I needed to use certain features, but really my learning experience came from the trial and error. Once I learned how the software operated, I was able to smoothly go throughout my day sharing data with my clients.

Cons

To my knowledge there was no on boarding orientation only videos and reaching out to the team for help as needed. So, with me being new to the use of portals and software it would’ve been really helpful if a team member could have walked me through the process via Zoom or Google meets so I could be taught the steps to take and learn where and what to do. The time that it took for the team to respond to me I didn’t care for too much, because of the nature of the flow of my assignment I needed help right standing on site but because I was unable to get it I had to shell my productivity until someone became available then they were available and I was unavailable so was some tag teaming going on.

A great, user friendly program

Pros

I liked how easy to use the interface was. My clients never had an issue maneuvering through the software. Even on a mobile device, it still looks great and is easy to navigate.

Cons

The software was great, but just not customized to my profession enough. And I know it isn't meant to be for accountants. I was looking for something that had specific features specifically for accounting that would simplify my processes. This was a great starter portal for me to use in my first year of running my business 100% virtually, but eventually, I had to upgrade to something more robust.

Thanks for your review, Lindsey. We're glad you found the software so easy to use! Because we serve customers across so many industries (Finance, Legal, Academic, etc.), we'd love to hear your feedback specifically from the accounting perspective. If you would't mind sending us direct feedback, please message us via https://www.fileinvite.com/contact.

A Great Solution for Document Collection

The Fileinvite team has been very responsive. They are willing to listen and if it makes sense implement certain changes to the platform.

Pros

The software (app) is easy to use and set up, taking only a few minutes. The 'templates' feature make it easy to quickly send document requests to my clients / customers. The software also offers a quick video tutorial for those clients / customers familiar with such software, showing end users how to use the app. FileInvite just added a "forms" feature allowing the user to create quick and easy fillable form templates.

Cons

I would like to see some additional functionality added to "forms" like simple math functions. It would also be very beneficial to "replaceable fields" to the templates allowing for automatic naming of certain documents.

Thanks for the feedback Jared, We're hoping to expand on the forms functionality soon...

A bargain for what you get

Overall I think the system is great! I believe in time, with technology advances, it will even get better.

Pros

Being able to send documents for signature along with having the customer securely upload their personal information has been very beneficial to our organization. Being a non-profit requires us to watch our costs and this has been very cost-friendly.

Cons

A little tedious having to go into each form separately to get it "Live" for signing. Also having to remember to change the date layout as it is pre-set as year-month-day and we need it to be month-day-year. It won't automatically default to this.

We really appreciate your feedback. We've shared it with the product team and they will be in touch to get more details.

Great for business growth

Overall FileInvite is fantastic, you really have a great product and it meets all the needs of what we were looking for originally.

Pros

Pros: SMS feature, email feature, auto reminders, simple to use, easy to train new staff, organization is easy, flexible and clean, ability to have templates with hyper links is great. We've had the ability to grow our business because on boarding a new client is so much more streamlined and organized. I am very happy we found you guys.

Cons

Really no complaints, just some suggestions. We really wish there was a way to toggle off and on per invite the default template messaging when a client receives a new invite. 9/10 times its fine, but occasionally we need the default template wording to be different and the only way to change it is to change the universal language for the entire account, save it, go back to the invite, send it and then go back again and change the template back (and hopefully you remember to change it back). Also, we wish that if a client starts responding to the requests that the reminder notifications would automatically turn off. We've had complaints from clients that will start sending data in and then get an email telling them to send data in :)

Thanks Thomas, we really appreciate your feedback. We've shared it with the product team and they would like to discuss your comments further. Please contact us at support@fileinvite.com and we can set up a time to discuss further.

Great support for biz process

It helps to keep control over document requests.

Pros

Easy to collect similar list of uploads from various customers. Great digital signing option.

Cons

Status {RETURNED} is confusing in case some invites were not correctly completed.

Thanks for your feedback! Occasionally, clients click the 'I'm Finished' button before they are done, which marks the Invite as returned. In these instances, you can simply reopen the invite and reach out via in-app messaging to clarify what documents are still required. I hope this helps! Please reach out to us at support@fileinvite.com if there is something else going on, we'd be very happy to assist.

Great Software

Pros

I love that its easy for my clients to use

Cons

That i can only do 25 requests a month and i need more than that in a given month sometimes.

Thank you for your kind review! We put a lot of effort into making the experience as seamless as possible for yourself (the requestor) and your clients (who you are requesting information from). Please get in touch with our customer success team at support@fileinvite.com if you are running into requests limits frequently. There are different ways that we can structure your plan according to your business' needs.

A uniqe system for tracking documents from clients

I am very pleased, the clients are asking for the invite to upload files

Pros

I like the due dates and the automatic remainders

Cons

the bulk invites are not so convinient, its hard to send to part of the invitees

Thanks Alon, we're always looking for ways to improve our products. We appreciate your input, and we will share it with the rest of the product team.

General Thought

Pros

0. Simplicity and easy to use 1. Able to create Templates 2. eMail notifications being sent automatically for each message 3. An Invite can be duplicated now 4. Quick access from the link given for the Invitees with or without passport setting 5. File conversion into PDF file

Cons

Things to be improved rather than Cons: 1. Unable to prepare 'Create New Invite' first without linking a Contact at a drafting stage. A Contact has to be linked first to create a New Invite not the other way around. This results in the prepared Invite being deleted automatically when the Contact is to be changed without being given a warning notice before proceeding. 2. No memo writing function for...

Thanks Charles. We want to make the customer experience as smooth and hassle-free as possible. That's why we're constantly looking for ways to improve our service. We'll consider your feedback when improving future versions of our software, so thanks for taking the time to tell us what's important to you.

Great software, easy way to share documents and save time organizing files!

Being able to manage files received by customers and also send them files with notes. The way we are able to communicate through the software is also awesome. I do recommend this file to all business owners, you will always need this type of software.

Pros

You can just upload all documents to the same place, and have your customers also uploading. Everything will be there, so next time you are looking for something, you won't have to go searching everywhere. The best of it all is that if you make a mistake when requesting a document, you can go back and edit it. It's so easy to manage files and add notes to it! Also, you can communicate with customers through it. Did I mention that it also transforms files to PDF automatically, making it easy to access through your phone or notebook? This is the one software we need to manage our files. Very easy and simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes it will take a little while to upload files, but that could also be an issue with our connection. Let me also note that it is very rare to have an upload or download that will take long to complete, but it does happen occasionally.

FileInvite Review

Very positive. It has helped me as a user save a lot of time and avoid manual tasks.

Pros

It replaces a pdf checklist, and it also frees up a lot of time - I do not have to constantly update the checklist every time the client sends a document. It also helps to keep everyone involved in the transaction with a status of what documents are still outstanding.

Cons

It does have a delay when loading. Other things are minor suggestions as the team keeps using the software: - when a request is rejected; it would be nice to leave a message that is separate from the original request. - have a request assigned to a specific person but the item submitted can be seen by everyone on the overall invite.

Thank you Maria! We're always looking for ways to improve our products. We appreciate your input, and we will share it with the rest of the product team.

This saves me SO much time, and makes my job more enjoyable.

I don't know I used to do my job before FileInvite?! It has really changed the way I work, I have a lot more time to focus on important tasks, rather than chasing people for the right documents. Not to mention, whenever I've had an issue or I don't know how something works, the customer service team has been on hand to help. For your sake, seriously consider this software, it solves so many problems I didn't even know we had!!

Pros

Fileinvite does exactly what good software is meant to do. It makes life easier! I get the documents I need from my colleagues and their clients so quickly. If something isn't quite right, I reject it in file invite, and they usually send me the correct documents in a few hours. It also does all the file organising for me!

Cons

My only grievance is that I can't transfer an invite to a colleague. We worked around it when I went on leave, but it would be a great addition.

Hi there, thank you for your kind review! Regarding your feedback, we've recently added this feature Transfer Invite. Checkout https://help.fileinvite.com/en/articles/5401626-transferring-ownership-of-an-invite for more info or contact our Customer Success team at support@fileinvite.com if you have any questions.

Great value for the price! Easy to use and an effective way to improve productivity!

Pros

The best feature of this software is its user interface. It is easy to set up templates and it offers you sufficient customization. I have used similar platforms before and although they allowed for some customization, I found that they imposed several limitations of how may customizations you were allowed. For example, I could include a description, but the number of characters allowed for the...

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to collect electronic signatures (which I know is in the works). Also, in other systems that I have used, I was able to send out status reminders based upon certain milestones in the process. For example, I could have different milestones set and once I checked them off, it would email the parties that I set up at the start (i.e. loan documents received, appraisal completed, clear to close, etc.)

Hey Chris, thanks for the awesome review! We have now have signature capture that you can use in beta, let me know if you'd like us to turn this on for you. We also have Zapier integration which may help down the track with your automated reminders and invites.

FileInvite Review

Pros

FileInvite is very easy to navigate with great features to communicate between clients and myself. A very secure platform that allows for us to upload confidential files without worrying. The automated follow ups are an excellent feature that save a lot of time and provides timely reminders. The ability to save files as PDF instead of pictures saves a lot of time.

Cons

No major issues have been experienced with FileInvite.

Thank you for your review, Santino. We are glad that our automated follow-up and auto PDF-conversions are saving you time!

Get docs faster - its what it does!

We are mortgage brokers - our problem has always been that to collect dozens of documents to submit a mortgage application was a convoluted and time consuming process. We would always miss documents and be in and out of emails checking off against a manual spreadsheet. Quite simply... this sucked. When we found Fileinvite I knew immediately this would save us a ton of time and improve our client experience. We have been a user for two years now with zero regrets.

Pros

Simple for clients to use and simple for our staff to use. Love the google drive integration and how it renames the files as per your request items. The the UI is pretty polished

Cons

Some of the menu systems require more clicks than should be required. No google contact or CRM integrations yet (work arounds with Zapier though) Fairly minor issue in my mind.

Streamline document collection for CPA Practice

Sick of thousands of emails from your clients? FileInvite saved us, especially in the digital pivot for COVID. Instead of receiving 5-10+ emails from each client, all documents were gathered into FileInvite. It was easy to check for missing information, easy to request additional data, and easy to share within the team. A+ product.

Pros

Cons

We would like to be able to print the Requests and responses that are typed (versus downloaded documents) in a more printer friendly version, but we are able to print them now. This is needed so all documentation can go into our paper file.

Thanks for your feedback Mary! Under the Messages of the Invite there is now a Print button to save the messages as a PDF to your desktop or print directly from within the app.

Used to be the best - hate paying extra for texts

Love the product and still use it all the time but are now looking at alternatives.

Pros

Loved this software and we were early adopters and it is super easy to set up and most clients can manage it really well.

Cons

Very upset to be charged now to send sms - very frustrating as they charge enough as it is and the software has not developed or improved in years. Why not make it better?

Thank you for your feedback. We've been working hard on improving the infrastructure and performance, and we have some exciting new features on our product roadmap.

Easy to collect documents from clients

Pros

The most amazing feature of file invite is to copy the file invite and templates. It makes so easy to collect all the documents from clients.

Cons

When you search file invite it takes a lot of time to process and show the results.

Thank you for your review Nikunj! We've made some speed improvements to the service recently which is getting great feedback. Please reach out to us at support@fileinvite.com if this is still an issue.

FileInvite

Document collation is an important part of our process. Prior to using this system we would normally have clients emailing documents to our email address. The risk to this is of emails being missed in among the volume of emails we get and the process not operating smoothly.

Pros

Our clients find FileInvite easy to use which is our ultimate aim when using this type of document collation service. Once set-up it is easy for us to manage the process with documents being converted into PDF and transferred into our online system automatically ready for us to check and utilize for our clients application.

Cons

When we use our templates there are times that some of the documents being requested within the template are not required for the client involved. We can only delete one document at a time. It would be great if we could check the documents we don't need and then press delete rather than having to delete each one individually.