Filestack Reviews

Filestack

Review Summary

Ayushi M.

Ayushi M.

Cons

Their script download used to fail on occasion. We haven't had this problem in a while.

Yaakov S.

The bad thing about this product is that this product is mainly for developers and a developer will eventually figure out how to store images for free online.

Joseph D.

Ben L.

4.7

Not just a file uploader but a very easy way to add some cool uploading capabilities to your app

Time to market without having to build our own file uploader. Also, the full thought out file uploader features that were available from Filestack were a big benefit it allowing us again to go fast and get the features we wanted and needed and not have to spend our resources building it. Plus the opensource code out there is never as good or have as many features.

Pros

Like that it is very flexible in that you can use their storage or your own AWS bucket or another service to store your uploaded files. They offer CD and file transformation. The fun part about the uploader is the control you have over it and the integration with 3rd party providers like Google, Instagram, Facebook, and others. It will also allow you to upload more than one file at a time. It's a very easy service to integrate with any app. We use it on mobile and web and Filestack is always quick and easy for customers to use.

Cons

The CDN and Transformation can get expensive if you have a highly trafficked site so you really have to think about how you use them. The reporting is fine for our company but some might find it lacking.

Great all-in-one file management

Pros

We use Filestack as a file uploader in our web and iOS apps. It works as promised. It's reliable and easy for our users to manage.

Cons

It feels expensive for what it is, but I haven't found a less expensive solution. It is certainly less expensive than building/maintaining the same features ourselves.

Promising product, poor customer service

Pros

The javascript plugin is easy to integrate, and makes it very simple to add uploads to your website. It is also nice that the upload is stored on Filestack's CDN so you do not have to copy it.

Cons

There have been issues, and the customer service team has been completely unresponsive. I do not get the sense I am dealing with a company that cares about it's customers and I cannot in good conscience recommend them.

The Best Way to Share and Improve Files

Pros

This product was great for sharing and improving files quickly and effectively. We were able to share big files as well as receive small ones and improve them to make them better. No other product was able to share and improve files like Filestack and it improved our workflow greatly.

Cons

This product was tricky to navigate at first, but is easy to understand and the finished product is worth figuring out the program.

Great service

All APIs should be as simple and seamless as Filestack's. We spent less than 20 minutes integrating their service, and things have been humming along nicely ever since.

Pros

It's simplicity. We've spent almost no effort on integration.

Our company loves filestack

We actually recently found Filestack and it seems we will be keeping this one! Our company prefers this to some of the other free alternatives. The support staff is great and they've made it simple for a company to quickly implement this product. Great work guys!

Pros

- multiple devices are supported - convenience of the cloud - great prices - training and support is offered - easy to use

Cons

- i think we found a winner with this one, no cons come to mind

Filestack review

You guys have a really good product. I was a paying member for a while. I used your product mainly on my node js websites because I was new to node js at the time. Currently, I'm working with the PHP coding language. I know how to properly store the photos locally using PHP. That's the reason that I'm no longer a paying member, but that could change in the future if I go back to node js.

Pros

I like that it's easy to get started.

Cons

Very easy to adopt. Helped us quickly get file uploading added to our product

Pros

The out of the box integrations are terrific. The product is quick to implement. Out of the box it just worked.

Cons

Customer service: To date I have not received a response to any support ticket I have ever opened. It took us 2 years to run into an issue with the product, which is positive. Yet now that we have hit some issues we have been unable to get help with any of our questions.

Very happy with Filestack, going on three+ years now...

We're very happy with the usage of file stack, and have been using it for well over three years now without any significant issues and a very high reliability rate. This is one of those cloud services that we have really appreciated having access to.

Pros

Ease-of-use

Cons

File limitations

Excellent Web Developer Tool

If you upload files, Use FileStack. That's really all there is to say! It's just a no-brainer that removes a bunch of future headaches. It's easy to setup, gives users the options they need.

Pros

Easy Setup

Cons

Potential cost for large upload volume

amazing functionality effortlessly delivered

The integration is a breeze and the functionality is amazing. We originally implemented our own file uploader for images and it worked, but as our needs expanded the development effort to support new requirements took on a life of its own. As a development manager, this was a huge red flag because uploading files were becoming a distraction and was sapping time away from other objectives. When we found...

Pros

the integration with simple javascript includes and hands-off approach to file storage.

Cons

Out of sight, out of mind.

The software works flawlessly. We utilize it to store images customers upload to put on our custom-made products. A lot of software I've dealt with has downtime and is buggy, but filestack has been easy to implement, easy to use, and hassle-free.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation

Cons

Quantity limits

Offer good quality

We were using file stack for more than a year and it has been good experience. Never had any major issues.

Pros

Multiple Gateways Ease of use

Cons

Bit on the costly side

Eliminated my need for file handling code in web-apps

I run a small software shop, and we build small to medium web-apps. Every each one of those require some sort of ad-hoc file uploading. By using Filestack, we were able to remove 1500 lines of code, and 3 dependency modules. We got the crop and other image manipulation for free (which we could add as billable features ;)

Pros

0 backend code. 1 line client side.

Cons

Need for proxy behind enterprise firewalls. Cost.

We love FileStack

FileStack has made providing connection to cloud sources for uploads very quick and easy. We were tasked with developing something similar which would have taken a ton of time and money, and wouldn't have turned out nearly as good. We are excited to experiment more with that FileStack has to offer.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes gets blocked by firewalls

Honestly, this is a great tool.

I've used filestack in a handful of products over the last few years and it's always been the perfect fit for media management. I recently had an issue with our billing and support not only resolved the issue immediately, they also hooked us up with a free month to cover the billing mishap. Looking forward to giving the video recording tools a try in an upcoming project.

Pros

- Easy to use - Quick to integrate

Cons

- Would be awesome if you added support for video on safari - Sometimes doesn't recognize my webcam

Overall good

The experience is good. Sometimes your popup renders very slow, at the customers think that it is our fault. Don't know if it is because of your CDN or something. It seems like it is the first time one downloads the script, without browser cache.

Pros

works good

Cons

sometimes loads slowly

An easy to use tool

I have been using it for over 6 months now. I integrated it into my website and it makes the user super easy to upload and download stuff. Users have been pretty satisfied with the product. The best thing about it is the ease of use for a naïve user and good customer support. Would definitely recommend.

They Make My Life Easier

I'm so thankful for this service. It's so easy to use for our customers and me (the developer). If you like stuff that makes your life easier, and you enjoy extra time then you should check these guys out.

Pros

Ease of use for the customer and the developer.

Cons

Can only say good things!

We had quite specific requirements and customer support representative was able to put together a custom plan for us which was really appreciated. Overall the service is a massive time saver vs rolling your own and is super flexible. Would definitely recommend!

We love Filestack

We use Filestack to manage all of our image and document connections. It has allowed us to do the heavy lifting in the background and not use bandwidth that we need for other applications. Easy to use, see less interface. We couldn't manage without you all.

DevOps Friendly

Filestack is great. It greatly simplifies uploading and file management. There are definitely things that need to be fleshed out (searching for uploaded assets, tags/meta data) but in general so simple and useful

Cons

Filestack makes our developers happy.

Filestack is awesome and enabled us to move quickly to add new upload features to Brandkit and respond to customer needs, with less effort, than doing it ourselves from scratch.

Filestack review

Awesome customer support. Always wiling to help and offer custom solutions. Furthermore, the product is easy to integrate as a developer. I love it!

The Go-To File Management Solution

Filestack is a staple for any project I start. The ease of integration and powerful features make it a must-have solution.