Firmex Virtual Data Room Reviews - Page 3

Easy to use and the best customer service I've ever experienced

We've been using Firmex as our M&A data room for over 5 years and I'm always impressed with the platform, the company's constant improvement, and the amazing customer service. If I ever have a question, I receive a call back within 3 minutes. Intuitive use and stand-up customer service keep me a satisfied customer.

The Definition of Intuitive

We have utilized Firmex as our primary extranet portal for years now and never are we disappointed by this platform. It is the epitome of user-friendly and the round-the-clock customer service is just another example of how efficiently this company manages their product and client-relations.

Virtual Data Room

Overall the platform that Firmex provides is much more robust and easy to use than the platform my firm was previously using. Firmex has nearly all of the functionality of the larger VDR providers at a cost that is a lot more reasonable to our clients. I would use this product again.

Easy to use + Outstanding Customer Service

The Firmex site is intuitive and easy to use. The staff was very accommodating and has helped us to design our project so that it meets our unique needs for personnel across the country to access documents. We have received outstanding customer service.

Simple and easy to use

+Easy to use +Intuitive +Secure +Fast +Great support Strong support and sales organization that listens and cares. Developing the system continously is important, but not losing track of the simplicity and iniuity is essential.

Cons

As good as the competition

I've used plenty of data room providers and firmex is on par with the other big names. None of them are perfect but I seem to have fewer problems with firmex especially when it comes to downloading large data rooms in one try.

Amazing Support Team

Firmex has a wonderful support team that takes the time to walk through each step with it's users. I called them often when I was first learning Firmex and was very impressed with their patience and knowledge.

Cons

My experience to Firmex is relatively new but so far so good

So far experience has been limited but very satisfying, it is extremely easy to use and functional, our internal parties and external users have become familiar with it quickly and are happy to use it.

Makes Due Diligence Simple

As a legal assistant, I'm able to set up a Virtual Data room in no time. It's easy to download documents and share information all across the country. I would highly recommend Firmex!

Cons

Easy to use, does the job you need

Very intuitive to use, especially with clients that may not be very tech savvy. Secure and logs data. Has all the tools necessary to be a solid VDR

So easy to use

Firmex is one of the better virtual data rooms I've utilized over the past ten years. Quick uploads, easy to search. Good technical support

All around great value

Extremely easy to use, organize data, manage and restrict users, and see what different users can view. It's very intuitive.

Pros

Simple to use and logical in its layout and tools.

Cons

The area for management of users and groups wasn't as logical and simple to use as the rest of the tool.

Excellent tool for organizing info so that it is accessible by those who are permitted to use it.

Pros: easy to navigate, can dowload files simply, is user friendly and intuitive, others can access info. Cons: none so far

Cons

Very happy with software and the Support

I love that support answers the call or call you back within a few minutes. Proven repeatedly. Thanks, Bradley

Investment Banking Analyst

Firmex was very user friendly and easy to use. The insiders website made it fun to use and learn more about the site.

Great product!

So far, so good.

Pros

Secure place to house employee files and easy access.

Cons

It's hard to say--I've only been using it with this new company I've been in for 9 months and it serves the purpose.

Willkie Intern

Pros

It was easy to delete the data I needed to delete.

Cons

The process to back up data before deletion was a bit more advanced and harder to learn.

Convenient & Very Easy

VDR made very convenient and easy for any deal sizes

Cons

To be or not to be organized!

Excellent. Easily adapted to our current work environment.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple integration with our current work flow management. Rapid customer response.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find answers to questions regarding the tool.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We're so pleased our platform integrates with your current work flow smoothly and you've had the chance to speak with our fantastic Support Team! If you have any questions about Firmex features or functionality, we have our Firmex Knowledge Base available online. It has tons of helpful articles, FAQs and how-to videos. https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us I...

Project Joule

Great. Would use again. Only thing is that a lot of Data rooms are wining and dining us or sending us gifts to try and win business. Firmex does not do that.

Pros

I like the easy to use platform and upload capabilities. I felt I had strong control over the VDR as Admin.

Cons

The only thing that was missing was creating sub groups when separating buyers/investors. For example, if one buyer wants to give access to their outside advisors then that party should be able to be a sub group of the buyer.

Hi Michael, Appreciate the feedback and the interest in using us once again for your VDR needs. As for the ability to create sub-groups, we have heard this before from clients but at this time isn't possible. We are looking at ways to improve our group permissioning system. I would love to connect with you to discuss more and learn how you have done sub-groups with other VDR providers before. Feel free to reach out. James, Director of Sales james.lehuquet@firmex.com

Overall Good, But No Bells & Whistles

Overall good, but limited customer support.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. User-friendly. Intuitive.

Cons

Highly limited functionality and user analytics.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We're very pleased you're happy with our platform. We're constantly working on improving our product, releasing new updates each month to bring new functionality to our amazing customers. We very much appreciate the importance of having clear, easily accessible analytics when it comes to your various dataroom needs. For this reason, one our main focuses...

Best Bang For Your Buck

Very positive, would highly recommend.

Pros

Pricing per month and per gig — allows us to use Firmex no matter the size of the deal.

Cons

The permissions for me has been my least favorite feature. I have 40 groups for one of my deals right now because each employee needs specific access to 1-2 folders. I wish there were an easier way to set permissions. For granular permissions for subfolders, maybe clicking a check box instead of a drop down menu would be helpful.

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the positive feedback and outlining one of our competitive advantages in our pricing model versus legacy providers pricing model. In terms of the permissions, we can activate user level permissions for you, which should help the issue you described. Your feedback is noted and we are always investigating ways to better improve the granular folder and sub-folder level permissions. It would be great to connect with you on ways we can improve this feature based on your VDR experience. James, Director of Sales

Firmex review

Excellent experience, the room can be used for file sharing, central data repository and also to provide access to external parties

Pros

Easy to use and organize. The data room serves its purpose 100%.

Cons

Permission aspects are sometimes difficult to assess/assign. Arrangement of folders sometimes is not that straightforward.

Hi Kostas, We appreciate the positive review on the platform and that it has been a great tool for your transactions. As for reviewing user permissions, we offer multiple different methods to do this whether it be at the group level or the folder level with our view as tool which allows you to see what folders have been hidden from certain groups. All our permission settings can be retroactively changed as well. If there is interest my support team can walk you through a training session on how to review permissions as well as arranging folders which is all done via drag & drop. James, Director of Sales

Firmex Virtual Data Room

For the Real Estate and Investment banking, the sharing of confidential documents within the company and taking on projects being in a group has been made easier. The legal documents and the finances which cannot be exposed can be accessed and updated from anywhere with Login access, for example on my iPhone. Tracking old files is much easier, as we go through sharing hundereds of files everyday with corrections pointed and re-corrected.

Pros

The custom sharing platform which is secured and the visibility control for employees. The best part of software is the document validity & password we can set and the people we can choose from list that can access or view the documents. Also the same document cannot be shared by E-mail or any other non Data-room platform and if done. We can control the share and track of the confidential documents.

Cons

The drawback of this software is that we cannot assign different permission or access levels to people in same group. Also, the time stamp cannot be changes to local time, it's always EST available.

Hello! Thank you for using Firmex. We pride ourselves on our customer service and you having the best experience. In the future, we would be happy to show you how to set user-based permissions in the data room. It's a function we have to set from our end, as group-based permission is the preference of a majority of our users, it's our default. In terms of time zones, increased functionality is on our road map. As it stands now all of our reports can be run at any time zone, be it est, your time zone, or anyone you choose. Happy to jump on a quick call at your convenience. Thanks you, Jason @ Client Success

Firmex is a Virtual Closing Table

Firmex has solved the "virtual" closing table issue that has taken over the last few years now that closings are not attended in person. Firmex allows me to lay out all of the closing documents and give access to the necessary parties for review and approval. Firmex also allows me to provide parties with large documents that can't be sent via email due to size. Overall Firmex has been a huge help to our law firm.

Pros

The most important feature I like about Firmex is how easy it is to use either from the administrator side or the user side. I have never had anyone ask questions on how to use it because it's so straight forward.

Cons

I would enjoy seeing some type of integration with Imanage so if documents change internally they would automatically update.

We appreciate the feedback on how easy the platform is to us from an admin or general user aspect. In terms of integration, we offer API's to clients in order to integrate with other platforms. In the legal space I understand Imanage is a popular tool and it is something we are always actively looking into, to improve our competitive advantage within the deal space.