Firmex Virtual Data Room Reviews - Page 4

To be or not to be organized!

Excellent. Easily adapted to our current work environment.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple integration with our current work flow management. Rapid customer response.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find answers to questions regarding the tool.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We're so pleased our platform integrates with your current work flow smoothly and you've had the chance to speak with our fantastic Support Team! If you have any questions about Firmex features or functionality, we have our Firmex Knowledge Base available online. It has tons of helpful articles, FAQs and how-to videos. https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us I...

Project Joule

Great. Would use again. Only thing is that a lot of Data rooms are wining and dining us or sending us gifts to try and win business. Firmex does not do that.

Pros

I like the easy to use platform and upload capabilities. I felt I had strong control over the VDR as Admin.

Cons

The only thing that was missing was creating sub groups when separating buyers/investors. For example, if one buyer wants to give access to their outside advisors then that party should be able to be a sub group of the buyer.

Hi Michael, Appreciate the feedback and the interest in using us once again for your VDR needs. As for the ability to create sub-groups, we have heard this before from clients but at this time isn't possible. We are looking at ways to improve our group permissioning system. I would love to connect with you to discuss more and learn how you have done sub-groups with other VDR providers before. Feel free to reach out. James, Director of Sales james.lehuquet@firmex.com

Overall Good, But No Bells & Whistles

Overall good, but limited customer support.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. User-friendly. Intuitive.

Cons

Highly limited functionality and user analytics.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We're very pleased you're happy with our platform. We're constantly working on improving our product, releasing new updates each month to bring new functionality to our amazing customers. We very much appreciate the importance of having clear, easily accessible analytics when it comes to your various dataroom needs. For this reason, one our main focuses...

Best VDR in the business

We have been using as a place to upload and stage documents

Pros

Ease of use, pricing, and exceptional support

Cons

Mobile support isn’t the greatest and didn’t see a real time tracker.

Thanks for the feedback on the ease of use and exceptional 24/7 in house support we provide. In terms of our mobile support, we do offer an iOS app as well as our platform can be access via a browser on your mobile device. However I would be interested in discussing what our competitors can offer in terms of mobile support and what you would be interested in seeing Firmex provide. My email is james.lehuquet@firmex.com if you wish to connect, thanks again. - James Le Huquet, Director of Sales

Best Bang For Your Buck

Very positive, would highly recommend.

Pros

Pricing per month and per gig — allows us to use Firmex no matter the size of the deal.

Cons

The permissions for me has been my least favorite feature. I have 40 groups for one of my deals right now because each employee needs specific access to 1-2 folders. I wish there were an easier way to set permissions. For granular permissions for subfolders, maybe clicking a check box instead of a drop down menu would be helpful.

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the positive feedback and outlining one of our competitive advantages in our pricing model versus legacy providers pricing model. In terms of the permissions, we can activate user level permissions for you, which should help the issue you described. Your feedback is noted and we are always investigating ways to better improve the granular folder and sub-folder level permissions. It would be great to connect with you on ways we can improve this feature based on your VDR experience. James, Director of Sales

Firmex review

Excellent experience, the room can be used for file sharing, central data repository and also to provide access to external parties

Pros

Easy to use and organize. The data room serves its purpose 100%.

Cons

Permission aspects are sometimes difficult to assess/assign. Arrangement of folders sometimes is not that straightforward.

Hi Kostas, We appreciate the positive review on the platform and that it has been a great tool for your transactions. As for reviewing user permissions, we offer multiple different methods to do this whether it be at the group level or the folder level with our view as tool which allows you to see what folders have been hidden from certain groups. All our permission settings can be retroactively changed as well. If there is interest my support team can walk you through a training session on how to review permissions as well as arranging folders which is all done via drag & drop. James, Director of Sales

Firmex Virtual Data Room

For the Real Estate and Investment banking, the sharing of confidential documents within the company and taking on projects being in a group has been made easier. The legal documents and the finances which cannot be exposed can be accessed and updated from anywhere with Login access, for example on my iPhone. Tracking old files is much easier, as we go through sharing hundereds of files everyday with corrections pointed and re-corrected.

Pros

The custom sharing platform which is secured and the visibility control for employees. The best part of software is the document validity & password we can set and the people we can choose from list that can access or view the documents. Also the same document cannot be shared by E-mail or any other non Data-room platform and if done. We can control the share and track of the confidential documents.

Cons

The drawback of this software is that we cannot assign different permission or access levels to people in same group. Also, the time stamp cannot be changes to local time, it's always EST available.

Hello! Thank you for using Firmex. We pride ourselves on our customer service and you having the best experience. In the future, we would be happy to show you how to set user-based permissions in the data room. It's a function we have to set from our end, as group-based permission is the preference of a majority of our users, it's our default. In terms of time zones, increased functionality is on our road map. As it stands now all of our reports can be run at any time zone, be it est, your time zone, or anyone you choose. Happy to jump on a quick call at your convenience. Thanks you, Jason @ Client Success

Tetavi Ltd

Excellent experience!! Super recommended

Pros

Super easy to operate and very intuitive solution

Cons

To be honest, there are no CONs. Excellent solution

Hi Eitamar, It's great to hear that your overall experience with Firmex has been positive. Always here if you need anything! James, Director of Sales

Firmex is A Great Toos for Process Datarooms

Firmwx has been a great tool for sharing data for our transaction

Pros

There are lots of different ways to achieve easy upload of materials quickly

Cons

Reviewing permissions granted to specific users is not that easy

Hi Tammi, We appreciate the positive review on the platform and that it has been a great tool for your transactions. As for reviewing user permissions, we offer multiple different methods to do this whether it be at the group level or the folder level with our view as tool which allows you to see what folders have been hidden from certain groups. All our permission settings can be retroactively changed as well. If there is interest my support team can walk you through a training session on how to review permissions. James, Director of Sales

Firmex is a Virtual Closing Table

Firmex has solved the "virtual" closing table issue that has taken over the last few years now that closings are not attended in person. Firmex allows me to lay out all of the closing documents and give access to the necessary parties for review and approval. Firmex also allows me to provide parties with large documents that can't be sent via email due to size. Overall Firmex has been a huge help to our law firm.

Pros

The most important feature I like about Firmex is how easy it is to use either from the administrator side or the user side. I have never had anyone ask questions on how to use it because it's so straight forward.

Cons

I would enjoy seeing some type of integration with Imanage so if documents change internally they would automatically update.

We appreciate the feedback on how easy the platform is to us from an admin or general user aspect. In terms of integration, we offer API's to clients in order to integrate with other platforms. In the legal space I understand Imanage is a popular tool and it is something we are always actively looking into, to improve our competitive advantage within the deal space.

Simple, yet valuable

I've used Firmex DVR on many projects and it's much easier to use than other solutions. Data rooms requiring training will reduce the utilization by the project team.

Pros

Firmex VDR is easy to use. It offers the ability to toggle quickly between projects, has an intuitive folder structure, and allows for easy uploading and viewing of documents.

Cons

Having an embedded version control option would be valuable, with an easy way to distinguish between drafts and final versions of documents.

Hi Ian, Thanks for the review! With regard to Firmex having an embedded version control option, you'll be glad to know that we have one. Here's a quick summary of our versioning and document status options: Firmex's versioning feature is built-in to our system. You can choose to upload a new document, or a new version of a document. You and your team can always access the version history, while...

Firmex VDR

I am happy when others present their due diligence files to us in Firmex, as I am 100% comfortable with it/

Pros

i have used Firmex multiple times in my career as a CFO and as the Administrator of the VDR. I have mostly used in in an M&A due diligence VDR model. I find the software to be intuitive and easy to use. I have had very few users come back to me and not understand how they can gain access tot he files they need, so it is first time user intuitive as well.

Cons

On con is to ensure you set up the file structure correctly in the first instance, as it will impact the flexibility you need to create multiple group access restrictions.

Thanks for the feedback on how intuitive and easy to use the platform is based on your experience. We do have the ability to drag and drop folder and documents to reorganize them if they are in the incorrect order. Our support team is 24/7 and always available for any questions you may have, I always encourage our clients to speak with our support team for any assistance needed. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions james.lehuquet@firmex.com. - James Le Huquet, Director of Sales

Excellent Choice for a VDR

Our firm has used Firmex VDRs for dozens of investment banking transactions and are very pleased with the product they put out as well as the support and service we receive.

Pros

The functionality is perfect for running a VDR to share documents and files with many parties while controlling the document flow and accessibility of any party on any document. The product is very competitively priced compared to a lot of the service providers out there. Customer service is very prompt and happy to walk you through any issue, small or large. Firmex is also continually improving its services.

Cons

Security functionality is limited once the files have been downloaded by another party (if you allow them to download). Once a party bulk downloads you lose the ability to track their access and usage of documents and delete the document if you would like to remove their access from the information completely.

Hi Matt, Thanks so much for taking the time to reflect on your Firmex experience. We very much understand the benefits of being able to track how your users are interacting with files once they've been downloaded. We do offer a selection of Seclore-supported document protection options that can be applied to help monitor the document activity of your users even after the documents have been downloaded from the platform. The Lock to Computer, Expire Access and No Print document protections will give you the insight you're looking for! I encourage you to reach out to your Firmex rep or Firmex Support to get more information and explore if these protections are right for your project. Many thanks, Maren Van Zutphen Customer Success Manager

Review of Firmex

It has been great. Never been overbilled. The team provides a heads up if you are reaching storage capacity vs. simply upping your bill. I've never had a client unable to understand how to use or access the data room.

Pros

I love the ease of setting it up. Other products have more features as far as downloading and tracking, but everyone does bulk downloading so it is irrelevant. You get the key features you need: Accessed, % downloaded, ability to revise documents, etc.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the software. The customer service is the best I've seen. Very amenable if a transaction takes longer or goes on pause (i.e., they are willing to be flexible with pause periods and/or affordable monthly extensions)

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear you're enjoying Firmex! We're always looking to improve our product, so your feedback is valuable in providing the best product and service to our clients.

Due Diligence Usage

Overall positive experience, hit some snags but CSRs have been quite helpful

Pros

Ease of use, continuous updates, easy to teach clients to use

Cons

importing and exporting documents can be problematic (e.g. files too large, titles too long)

Stephanie, thank you so much for your review and feedback. Although we don't have a definitive maximum upload size, if issues are experienced we advise keeping larger uploads between 5-10GB, and maintaining single-files under 5GB. We also recommend uploading directly from your local computer rather than a network drive, as the latter will be much slower depending on your network settings. In terms...

Investment Banking Review

It is my go to data room provider.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and cost effective relative to alternatives. Also excellent customer service.

Cons

Creating folders once the main folder structure is set can be difficult.

Michael, we appreciate your review and feedback. Within the platform you can create new folders by using the drop down arrow that is located either at the index level or folder level. This will allow you to create a new folder immediately within the desired folder structure area. Here is a link to support this. We also have an excel template that can be customized to your due diligence folder structure. The excel template can be uploaded into the data room directly which will automatically create an entire index folder structure for you. Andrew who is your rep at Firmex would be more then happy to connect and show you how this can be done within Firmex. James - Director of M&A Coverage https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us/articles/205148527-Upload-folders-documents

Easy to use, broad functionality software

Very positive experience. I think Firmex is easy to use and is my go-to data rom.

Pros

Very easy to upload and organize files, very easy to set permissions.

Cons

Possible could make the download function easier to use and more reliable.

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We're happy to hear that you're having a positive experience using Firmex. We are continuously looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback regarding downloads. The download function within the browser will email a zip file containing all of the requested documents, however if you'd like to download directly to your desktop you can use our desktop tool. If you have any questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself or your Customer Success Manager directly. Of course, our 24/7 support team is always available to help. Jason - Director of Client Success https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us/articles/206358288-Download-the-Document-Exchange-for-Desktop

firmex

We have found Firmex to be a high value solution (low cost with decent functionality).

Pros

Firmex is very intuitive and straight forward. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but we don't really need that.

Cons

It would be very nice if it was easier to convert Firmex into a traditional folder view that you get with PCs instead of just the web interface view.

Hi Scott, Thanks for your feedback on the Firmex platform. As the lead contact here at Firmex for SDR Ventures. I am happy to know Firmex is working for you. We greatly appreciate your feedback about having the user interface similar to a traditional folder view. I will make sure to mention it to our product team, so they can take it into consideration for future releases. As a former member of the support team, I'm quite familiar with the product. If there is anything I can do to help create an even better environment, either by offering some complimentary product training or taking down requests for improvements, please let me know. We are always eager to help. Jorge - Customer Success Manager

Firmex - Tradelogiq Review

Honestly this is the best data room I have used to date. I can’t believe intralinks is so big and yet their vdr is horrendous. I’m genuinely shocked by the lack of user friendliness of other data rooms, and the lack of permissioning options elsewhere. Firmex has the best permissioning and security features available.

Pros

Honestly the management of users and permissioning is really easy. Also the interface is intuitive. Intralinks is GARBAGE. I’m currently using intralinks on another deal it is impossible to permission users effectively.

Cons

I think maybe you could have alternative pricing schemes for deals that get delayed or have a regulatory component. This happened to us and our vdr needed to be used for much longer than originally intended. In any case more pricing options could have been useful.

Thanks for the positive feedback, especially in comparison to one of our competitors which you are currently using. As for alternative pricing, we offer a fixed pricing, we try to accommodate our clients based on their needs. I would be happy to discuss with you how this particular example turned out price wise and what we can work on going forward. My contact information is james.lehuquet@firmex.com. Thanks again and I look forward to connecting. - James Le Huquet, Director of Sales

Austin Porter - Review

Pros

Easy user interface allows non-familiar teams to upload information. Management teams are able to collaborate with the sell side group to upload information. Much easier to use than Dropbox.

Cons

Item limits per page. (ie. only being able to see 200 files per page when looking at all files

Austin, thanks for the feedback and taking the time to review Firmex. Our users find that the 200 limit is more then enough file names within a page before it becomes difficult to navigate through. We would love to know if you are seeing this available with other providers you use or what the optimal number of items per page would be. James - Director of M&A Coverage

User friendly

Pros

We use firmex internally for our staff in addition we use Firmex to send documents to our customer. Its user friendly and easy to navigate once you have been granted access.

Cons

cannot delete documents submitted unintentionally.

Thanks for the update and feedback as it sounds like our platform is meeting your needs based on your use case. I would be interested to know what you mean by unintentionally submitted documents. If you have the appropriate user permissions, you can delete documents that were uploaded in error. We also have quick views on the top left, above the folder index that shows what documents have been newly uploaded or unread for you to view to make sure these documents weren't uploaded in error. Please let me know if you want to connect, my email is james.lehuquet@firmex.com. - James Le Huquet, Director of Sales

Good Virtual Data room product

Good

Pros

Ease of use - it's easy to upload documents and provide access to others.

Cons

Metrics tracking e.g. user logs, downloads etc

Ewen, Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you are having a positive experience, especially with our core functions such as uploading and provisioning access to others. We do have a reporting feature that provides user metrics such as time logged, amount of logins, and documents viewed/saved. If you have any questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself or your Customer Success Manager directly. Of course, our 24/7 support team is always available to help. Jason - Director of Client Success

User feedback

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use, and how you can set all different levels of users, i.e people can only view documents and other cans download etc.

Cons

At first it was very complicated to use. Should have some demo videos.

Hi Emma, Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've enjoyed using Firmex and found the software easy to navigate once you got familiar with the platform. We do believe that our users could benefit from some videos when they're first introduced to Firmex. We do have a Getting Started video series available on our Firmex Knowledge Base, and I've attached the link to the first video in the series below. https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us/articles/204467538-Start-a-new-project-change-the-project-name Once again, thank you for your feedback. Maren Van Zutphen Customer Success Manager

Firmex meets expectations!

Pros

Firmex is easy to use on both an admin and user perspective. The support from Firmex makes it easy to troubleshoot issues. Firmex is by the far the best VDR platform I've used (cost combined with functionality).

Cons

The process of allowing users to view certain documents within the VDR could be improved. For example, not having to setup permissions by group, but by user. Further, understanding when users are downloading information by receiving email notifications.

Hi, Thanks for the review! We hear you loud and clear. The majority of our clients prefer group-based permissions and the advantages that come with it, but we understand that certain projects require user-based permissions. Our Client Services team would be happy to customize your project to allow for user-based permissions. This will allow you to hide documents inside a folder by user, as well as setting up users instead of groups. I'd be happy to hop on a quick call at your convenience. Thanks again for choosing Firmex, Kyle Bardsley Senior Director, Customer Operations & Growth

Easy to use and essential service for M&A

It is an essential service used for mid market m&a. Overall experience has been great, with exceptional customer service and ease of use

Pros

The reports available with the storage are very helpful in maintaining momentum and deal flow.

Cons

Attaching a newer version of a document can be difficult at times due to having to change the file name manually

Huzaifa, thanks for review and your usage of Firmex. You may not be aware but we have version control within Firmex that allows you to upload an updated document, rendering it as a 2nd version of the original document. This also takes place once you have redacted a documents original version, it will show up as a 2nd version within Firmex. Here is a link to our document versions and a member of my support team would be happy to walk you through this feature as well. James - Director of M&A Coverage https://support.firmex.com/hc/en-us/articles/206337768-Document-versions