Front Logo

Where 7500+ companies build strong customer relationships;

visit website

Front Reviews - Page 2

Collaboration Made Easy!

I highly recommend Front for team-based customer service or support teams who can take advantage of shared drafts, comments, assigning threads, tags, and snoozing. Our team works with high customer ratios, mostly reactive but with some proactive outreach, and Front enables us to work collaboratively to drive customer success at scale in an efficient and cohesive manner.

Pros

As a member of an at-scale team-model customer success team, Front simplifies and streamlines collaboration by enabling transparency into what the rest of the team is working on and who they're speaking with, ease of use sharing threads and context among the team, insight into past customer communications, and robust integrations with G Suite and our CRM among other platforms. The Front team is consistently innovating on top of their existing functionality to continually make the platform more user-friendly and fun to use. I certainly enjoy the UI much more than working out of Gmail.

Cons

I prefer the web-app version of Front as opposed to the desktop app simply because I like having all my tools in one browser window, and I love the keyboard shortcuts that exist on the web app, but I know there are so many more on the desktop app that I would love to see enabled the web app. Other than that though I don't have too many complaints! Their product team is always responsive to feedback, and when I have a problem they are quick to address my concerns

Front is the best Shared Inbox for collaborative customer support

Front truly is a dynamic tool for teams looking to improve their internal workflows for external-facing communications. There is some fantastic automation that is built into the platform that has helped streamline and build in consistency for external client-facing communication.

Pros

My favorite functionality would be the collaborative chat tools amongst team members for email threads. Its an amazing tool.

Cons

The thing I struggled the most to adapt to was the Tags functionality. It is not something we use daily but had a slight learning curve for me and my team.

Front is the best customer service management & email integration tool I have ever used!

I love Front! It breaks my heart that Convoy is terminating our contact soon. We have started to development our own (very basic) email platform but it is a long way away from the standard my team is now accustomed to, based on our positive experience using Front the last two years.

Pros

I love Front's ability to display who on an email chain has read our last response (revolutionary!) & the ease at which my team can comment back and forth and converse with each other, all while hidden from our customers in the email thread. Email tagging, inbox splitting, & the infinite number of archiving and email redirection rules we can put in place keeps my team organized (& myself sane!)-- as a company that receives tens of thousands of emails a day, Front allows my operations team to truly battle the "Front lines" of customer communication.

Cons

The biggest issue we deal with is Front's occasional latency. In an industry where fast is better than perfect, the last thing my team needs is Front to be lagging or down. We have a huge backlog of archived emails (Front also acts as customer documentation platform for us) so searching information can be super tedious if the platform doesn't load or crashes. My team works to urgently solve problems and every second counts, so we cannot risk even a minute of latency.

A Shared Work Model DREAM!

Pros

My team uses Front daily for our customer communication, as well as internal communication. The ability to tag an internal user and comment on the threads without having to reply to the email is a game-changer when it comes to problem-solving and communication regarding more complex emails. We used multiple inboxes, separated into different inbox groups, with different permissions. It was easy to track and manage despite having so many inboxes. In a shared work model, the ability to assign emails to yourself or other members of the team was extremely useful, to ensure we were not doing double-work or responding to emails at the same time. On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what.

Cons

Front tended to have quite a few outages and crashes that impacted our workflow heavily. Fortunately these were able to be resolved quickly and communication was reliable and fast! However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

Great App for Team Management of Tickets and Emails from Various Sources

We're thrilled with our experience. Support team really does an incredible job at providing super helpful information quickly and kindly. Their self-support documentation is also wonderful. The application itself functions as expected for our inbound sales team to manage hundreds of inquiries with Canned Responses, auto responses, Snooze + Follow up, tagging, and collaboration. Highly recommend the tool. We use Zendesk for our Customer Experience team (support). It is a very robust tool and we haven't evaluated fully what it would look like to move to Front App from Zendesk. The needs get very technical for huge customer support operations, so Front would probably be sufficient, but I haven't fully vetted that.

Pros

I love the customer support. The tool behaves as expected and has the requirements we need to manage a global set of 6 inbound sales teams, managing tickets that come from all of our property listing sites. It has integration with Salesforce that allows our reps to interact seamlessly (for 90%+ of instances). We're very happy with the rule automation and workflow management. Our company heavily relies on Front and is happy to do so!

Cons

The analytics are pretty good, but could use some more flexibility. There are a couple niche, specific limitations that we have that we have to build workarounds for. Honestly can't think of a major pain for our use case. It is a sales use case, not customer support. Very rare down time, and any issue is displayed for all to see and addressed quickly.

Great aggregator tool for Customer Success

I lead a customer success team that uses Front daily.

Pros

I love the ability to interact with all our support tools - phone, email, chat from intercom, while interacting with our full team (support team of 5). We stay connected on each user, and can easily run reports and track year over year metrics. We especially like the ability to chat back and forth before we respond to tricky situations, and the ability to Snooze.

Cons

I would love for more integrations - specifically survey functionality, or the ability to have automation once you close out an email/chat. We have this on intercom but it lives within the intercom platform now.

Make email your superpower.

Pros

it's very convenient to have ALL of your company's communication in ONE place. Nothing slips through the cracks - from emails/facebook messages/tweets and text messages you name it it's all there. It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer. A win win and great investment for company that works digitally.

Cons

It takes a while to onboard the whole team and get them to understand all the features. Also it's quite pricey per user per month.

Best Email Client To Date

Front allows me to involve team members in an email chain using the comments feature, without informing the client or unrelated individuals. This makes distance working easier as we can collaborate on a topic or ask for assistance quickly.

Pros

Easy inbox management, use of the archive feature and snooze allows you to delay not important emails, or to clean up emails awaiting replies. Tags allow easy sorting of various tasks and topic related emails into one place.

Cons

When viewing a discussion on the mobile app, it takes you from the start of the discussion, rather than the most recent message, which is a pain for internal conversations between multiple employees on a topic. the search feature is implemented well, but needs some work with regards to discussions.

Just what we needed

Amazing. It has been so helpful for us to manage our client inboxes and emails. It has literally moved us out of gmail hell into email heaven.

Pros

Great help in setting up, Easy to maintain, transparent in billing, Great customer service, Love being able to comment internally on emails, sharing them, collaborating on drafts, and having internal discussions on emails.

Cons

It is rather expensive for our use, but still worth the money for us. When we share a link, if the email hasn't been shared with a specific individual, the link won't work for them until they have express permission.

Front Is a Team-Saver

Pros

My team uses Front to save face. We can send and see emails from our team address in one place easily. When one team member is out sick, we can easily find that thread and pick up without missing a beat. I also love that we can share threads without showing the recipient all of our personal email addresses by using the chat function and the tagging function. This helps us keep all the incoming emails going into the preferred email channel since we don't have to share our personal address to prospects or clients.

Cons

I do not have a con that I can think of.

Best Collaborative Shared Inbox Tool out there

Pros

The key feature that differentiates Front is that it has collaborative shared inboxes that enable us to create shared drafts, comment/communicate on threads, and manage email communications super effectively. Previously, we attempted to use Gmail to accomplish this, but Front does a great job of managing the workflow of sharing one email and collaborating effectively.

Cons

I wish there were more productivity / super-user oriented features that were more robust. There are some quirks about the workflows that make it slower for us to use. This is not a deal-breaker, but I wish it could be better.

Best email collaboration software

Pros

Our support team first migrated over to Front from a traditional ticketing software a couple of years ago, and we were blown away by how easy it was to use. We've since added other use cases and teams to Front, and most of our team members also use it as their main email client for their personal work emails. I also personally love the ability to automate parts of our workflow using Zapier and the Front API — it's a real game-changer.

Cons

There have been significant price increases over the last few years since we've started using the software. While we'd like to have more team members using Front, the pricing is just not feasible for us at this point. The other small thing would be very specific missing features we would love to see that just aren't supported at the moment. But that's totally understandable as our use case may not be very common.

Front has allowed our company to save about a 5 to 1 ROI in time savings

Major time savings and better organization is the key benefit we get as well as being able to build our own custom plugins.

Pros

Front allows teams to work in a more organized flow with incoming emails. One of the ways we have been able to utilize Front has been to group all emails for specific teams into Team inboxes and then team members can take emails out of the queue and work to bring the box to zero. This has saved us a lot of time from trying to organize emails in outlook. The main selling feature for us however was the ability to create a custom plugin in the panel on the right as well as pull data from the current conversation from the Front API that is well built. This allows us to customize our flow. Front also has several default integrations some more useful than others. They seem to be growing at a large pace so you can expect to see major enhancements with the product in the future.

Cons

The price can be a little high per user and the Enterprise version doesn't seem to offer the kinds of benefits you would want to see for such a large price jump. There also seem to be some features on enterprise that feel like they should be one tier down like user roles and authorization.

Vital Software

No more missed messages, lots of time saved by not having to jump into different channels. It was very simple to set up too (also tried Zendesk which was too complicated by comparison)

Pros

How it brings all the channels in to one place. No more jumping between Gmail tabs, Whatsapp Web tabs, SMS on a phone (!), Facebook messenger tab. It all comes into one place. Being able to link to conversations is very useful too, as is the option to share and comment on emails - no more CCing between team members.

Cons

Nothing I don't like, but more integrations (in particular monday.com) would be great.

Great for our case tracking needs

Front makes it easy to use email as a primary mode of communication with customers. It’s very easy to sort and reassign cases, have internal discussions on cases, and quickly respond to and close some cases using canned responses.

Pros

Cases are created directly from new emails that come in. For customers, it’s as easy as sending emails back and forth with us, but as agents using Front, we get so much more functionality. Things like canned responses, automatic case sorting and assigning, internal threaded discussions on individual cases, and integrations with third-party tools make Front almost the perfect choice for what we were looking for.

Cons

As a user and not an admin, I am not exposed to the full extent of Front’s capabilities, but I am completely satisfied with what I do use. The only issue I’ve had thus far is when I use a canned response it contains three different fonts and just looks odd. This is only evident in the iPad app, but from Desktop they look fine. This was an issue in the way the canned response was created, and while even as a user I do have the ability to fix it, my first attempt failed. This may just be a training issue and I haven’t reached out to Front with help on it yet, but I know if and when I do I will receive excellent service based on others’ interactions with Front’s customer service.

Front Review

Overall, it's been a great experience with Front. I appreciate the regular communication made by the Front team via email or update notices within the app.

Pros

Front is a great option for teams that work closely with/share the same clients. That's our primary reason for purchasing Front, the ability to tag teammates on emails and have dialogue about situations, how to respond to a particular email, etc. I also love the UI, to me it's much more clean and open in comparison to gmail, what we used before Front.

Cons

From day 1 I've wanted to see development of folders for organizational purposes when archiving emails (not a fan of pinning, but I understand others may love it). I've also hoped for most robust developments with sequencing, it's stay pretty much the same since I started using the feature a few years ago.

Collaboration with Front is so easy!

Pros

I think my favorite thing about Front is the ability to collaborate with teammates on emails + share drafts. I also use the canned response feature A LOT, as well as the Snooze ability. It helps me keep my inbox clean, while still allowing me to follow up at a time of my choosing!

Cons

I still use the Gmail calendar interface. I think improvements have been made to Front's calendar though, so I need to check it out again.

Great email platform for team collaboration

Our team can provide support to our clients around the clock and share drafts with each other, ensuring that all clients receive the attention needed while providing our team with opportunities to collaborate on responses and communication strategies.

Pros

The shared inbox is a great feature for our client service team. We provide 24 hour support, and being able to assign open emails to available team members ensures that our clients can receive acknowledgement and support when needed. I also enjoy the various integrations with other systems that are available (contacts, calendars, proprietary workflow management systems, etc.). The Front support team is also accessible and responsive to issues and requests.

Cons

The notification settings seem spotty - I either receive none or a notification for everything, whether or not the email is assigned to me. Additionally, there are quite a few service delays or interruptions. Occasionally the inbox counts can be off from the actual numbers of emails therein.

Front is the best tool we ever added to our team!

Pros

Front is an amazingly powerful tool backed by a team of professionals who provide us with the ability to manage our email as a team. We work together to help our customers succeed and share an email account — with Front we're able to assign out emails, have thread-specific chats by mentioning team members and use the Sequences feature to send personalized messages to our customers. Using Front has increased our communication internally and has dramatically improved our efficiency when addressing customer requests. Sequences allow us to stay personal and deliver proactive outreach without sacrificing time.

Cons

Front is a growing company which means they roll out updates from time-to-time — anytime there are bugs they are quick to address the concerns. The CSM team and technical support have been super helpful anytime we've run into issues.

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We love helping the Instructure team be so efficient :)

Organized and Efficient

My company uses Front in a way that it was not created. I say this because the company accommodated our use rather than letting us go. Because of this allowance, they have made our day to day use of hundreds of emails efficient and effective. We are able to assign incoming email, share with unlimited employees and a number of integrations keeps the app connected to our CRM and other integral apps....

Pros

Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app.

Cons

No issues so far.

Organize all the emails your teams receive in a flexible way with Front.

We use this software in the teams that are mainly dedicated to sales that are executed in our business facilities, especially to keep track and organize each of our potential customers that come from various points, when we refer to various websites, especially when doing business from emails, which are multiple, this system determines them in order of arrival, and attends them remotely, facilitating our work in large proportions.

Pros

It is an incredible software in its main functionalities, because once it is implemented, it automatically organizes complex or chaotic emails, in a very fast and sophisticated way, giving amazing impressions, due to its extraordinary operation, without excluding that it is a A very useful tool, especially when we go to business scales, which require attention to their outgoing and incoming messages that they have in a multiple way, covering all these needs in a very successful and smooth way, being one of my systems favorites.

Cons

As a significant disadvantage, regarding the functionalities that this software maintains, we can mention that its exports are not very large that can be described in a considerable scope, where they should normally comply and operate without interruptions, highlighting that they are totally difficult to select , since it is a complex software, according to its programming, due to its extensive tools that it offers for its options of use that it commonly executes.

Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!

Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Pros

Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following: - User friendly interface - Customization - Excellent support All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Cons

Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

One of the worst email applications I've ever used

Pros

The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice. The snooze function on emails. The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Cons

My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes. There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front...

Front App made my customer support job a breeze 99% of the time.

Pros

The internal commenting system was instrumental to make sure everyone on the team knew where we were with a specific ticket. The ability to build custom modules for the program allowed our dev team to hook up our customer database to Front to easily search any relevant piece of info we needed without having to leave the program.

Cons

They recently updated the UI to be more modern and user friendly, but unfortunately hid or removed a lot of the features that were in the forefront with the old design. You can still access most of them, but they now require a few extra clicks, which can interrupt work flow.

Hi Ethan, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on the workflow issues. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Great value, good product, but could still use some improvements

It has been helpful for our company to have the ability to sort our emails by market and then assign each email to the appropriate team member. It is also helpful to be able to see the number of emails in team member inboxes and when they are online, in order to better determine who may need help. Having the ability to at mention a team member or share a draft with another member of the team is helpful for the company as well.

Pros

I really like the ability to set timers for emails to reappear in my inbox, and having the ability to assign and @mention team members are also helpful features that use daily.

Cons

I still miss having actual folders. I feel like it gets confusing using tags and having my emails sometimes auto-archive. I actually missed including some invoices on my month-end statements last month, because those emails archived and I didn't see them in my open tab in under that tag. I also recently discovered that we can't use our mail merge app with Front. In our industry having the ability to use a mass-mailout software or app is very important.