All categories
Glisser

Virtual and hybrid events platform with engagement features

visit website

Glisser Reviews

Pros

Pros: Intuitive, easy to use, innovative, exciting, amazing customer service, attention to detail.

Sophie L.

This is a great product for developing interactive and engaging presentations for an audience. I mostly love the audience engagement features that include polls and social media integration.

Marie P.

Glisser helps you create events your audiences will love, wherever they are.

Vincent H.

Cons

The design, the lack of intuition, the constant asking for my password/making me re-register. All of these things are so frustrating.

Kyle H.

There are a lack of experience enhancing features that make Glissr an essential tool for companies and educational institutions.

Sadly it isn't optimised for use on mobile phones so that can be tricky sometimes.

Sarah B.

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Glisser was an integral part of a lively conference presentation to a room of about 100 people

I was able to deliver a much more engaging presentation at the software conference I was invited to speak at. I feel that Glisser made my presentation much more memorable and had helped me build my image and brand in the market I operate in.

Pros

I loved the way Glisser integrated easily with my Powerpoint presentation. I hate talks with large wordy slide decks and was looking for ways to engage my audience. I used very few slides with large print and interesting graphics. Glisser's modern look and ability to customize the view made their product look like it fit naturally into deck. I used the live audience poll feature to present interesting...

Cons

I compared Glisser to half a dozen competing products and found that some were easier to use and some were more difficult. I had to get used to the web interface which is intuitive enough but still a bit different than using a desktop program like PowerPoint. An add-on must be installed into PowerPoint which proved to be tricky. The slide deck must also be uploaded to the Glisser site and kept...

Wayne Thanks for the excellent and thorough review. We'll take all your development points on board and keep pushing our product forward. Cheers - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend4.00/10

Difficult to use

Pros

Initial set up was easy - there was a lot of personalisation available and I was able to incorporate lots of interaction styles. It is unique, and definitely worth paying for IF you can afford it.

Cons

It was really difficult using this with children. They didn't understand the format of it the way they did with Kahoot. This would, however, be perfect for an adult audience.

The software is clunky but acceptable for participant feedback.

Pros

Participant feedback is important and this is the only redeeming quality. I do enjoy knowing how people are receiving the information I am sharing with them.

Cons

The design, the lack of intuition, the constant asking for my password/making me re-register. All of these things are so frustrating!

Kyle Thanks for your comments and apologies it didn't work out for you. I looks like you've mainly been testing the PowerPoint add-in - this is best used in conjunction with the platform where you can see all the participant interactions being made, slide downloads, etc. The add-in alone won't show you this. We've checked you're account and it's all there! Data protection is really important to our clients, so that does mean our password process has to be strong. In particular, where PowerPoints may contain sensitive data and could get left open on AV laptops, we do need to enforce log-outs, etc. Thanks for taking the time to trial. - The Glisser Team

Virtual Event Engagement Superhero

Glisser helps to take our events, whether in person or online or both, to the next level. We have seen a noticeable improvement in our understanding of how an event went thanks to Glisser.

Pros

I've been a Glisser user for some time now, and it really saved me in the switch to virtual events during COVID-19. It quickly takes events to the next level, especially virtually, to keep the audience engaged, while also helping my team collect important metrics about the event.

Cons

Getting a hang of the interface can take a second, but the customer support team is really wonderful which helped to alleviate the initial onboarding bump!

I'd recommend

Pros

The look of the populated graphs, ease of use with cell phone, back-end data that could be pulled into client reports

Cons

That the presentation had to be shown via the browser in the Glisser system (as opposed to a PPT)

Best UX for online events

Glisser is one of the only solutions I have seen that is truly user friendly – it’s simple, intuitive platform gave my attendees the very best experience for my virtual event. From on-boarding to live-event execution, the team at Glisser were phenomenal. If you’re looking for an exceptional product, then choose Glisser. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Slick interface UX Ease of set up Support from team

Cons

Would like to see more features but understand this is being developed.

Many thanks Claire. We always like to hear new feature and development ideas from our customers to enhance our product. Glad to hear you've enjoyed using Glisser! The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Glisser Functionality Review

I thought the customer service was great, it just didn't work out with our system.

Pros

The various features are great as far as customizing your page and the analytics.

Cons

I found it hard to use, we didn't receive many applicants from it, and I thought the pricing was tough just considering the return. Lastly I work with a Franchise system and each location cant have their own page which makes it hard on the franchisor to manage.

Thanks for your feedback. We're more than happy to offer training sessions to help the onboarding process, and would be willing to discuss an Enterprise solution that would cover the franchises. Get in touch! - The Glisser Team

Create interactive presentations

I love being able to keep my audience engaged.

Pros

gets audience involved, live results, keeps audience engaged, plug-in for PowerPoint is easy to use

Cons

Format will not match the PPT presentation. If not using the plug-in, cannot rearrange slides or edit the presentation easily from the website. Users must enter their email addresses to use.

Thanks for the review! We're just about to add animations and transitions into the web product, as well as the ability to reorder slides. So great timing to hear this feedback... Email capture can be removed with paid plans. Thanks - The Glisser Team

A fresh presentation

It's hard to tell the effectiveness of trainings. You perform keeps the audience engaged and allows trainers to make adjustments as needed.

Pros

I love the way I can get real time feedback during my presentation

Cons

The isn't an option for audio for online presentations.

Thanks Herman - really appreciate the review! Check out Glisser LIVE to combine Glisser with a video stream (which can have audio) for online presentations. Happy Glissering - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Absolutely must have product for your conference

The main benefit I received from the software was that it made my life easier both leading up to during and after our conference. It got people interactive and in addition to this they could download the presentations easily (which always tends to be a nightmare for conference organisers). Making a commitment to go paperless and wireless, this was by far the best product to enhance that commitment. People enjoyed making notes on their tablet and phone and then downloading it. I would totally recommend this product.

Pros

Glisser definitely increased the audience participation in the conference. The ease of use of the product by the delegates (and me as an organiser) was a real bonus. I totally recommend

Cons

Also being a conference enhancement and delegate participation software program I cannot find anything that I don't like about this product, because it works and gets people interactive.

Thanks Brett - sounds like you really got the most out of the product. Glad to have you as a user - welcome to the Gliserati! - The Glisser Team

Wonderful App and Great Customer Service

Enaxis Consulting recently used Glisser during an IT leadership forum in Houston, and the response from our participants was overwhelmingly positive. As our primary presentation engine, Glisser's simple to use interface made creating the presentation and polling questions easy and quick. We were able to directly upload PDF and PowerPoint slides into the app and could easily move the slides around to...

Pros

Cons

Overall the product was great and we really benefited from the polling options. The only issue we faced was the inability to embed videos through power point slides.

Thanks for the wonderful review Krupa! Happy Glissering... - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

I use Glisser for the live poll feature, this allows my audience to easily interact.

Audience participation. Easy poll.

Pros

The Q&A section is an awesome way to address questions throughout, WORD CLOUD feature is actually really fun for participants and encourages them to participate and ask questions. I absolutely love how much more participation I get from my audience when I use Glisser, plus it's easy for participants to use! I really like customizing my presentation to an audience and Glisser makes it fun! It is so great that audience can use either their phone or a computer. This is a great way to make a boring presentation an event! Not only do I get more participation, but I also find my audience remembers more of what I say when I review with a quick quiz. You can easily judge if a concept was retained or if you should re-enforce a concept or re-explain an idea.

Cons

I wish it was cheaper. I also wish you could link out to websites. I want to take my audience on a virtual journey. I see the potential here, but I want more features. Also, I wish you could move the slides around and do quick edits, it is so frustrating to want to change 1 little thing and you have to download the whole pdf again in the correct spot.

Heather Thanks for the review. The ability to move around slides is definitely on the roadmap, and feedback like this is great to ensure we move it to the top of our list! - The Glisser Team

Glisser review

My overall experience has been positive. As a student it keeps me engaged with the presenter on my device and minimizes distractions throughout the presentation.

Pros

I liked that the presenter can directly interact with the audience through the presentation. The presentation changes on the audiences electronic device as it is being presented.

Cons

There isn't any way to actually return to the prior slide as the presenter is going through their set.

Hi Veronica, Thank you for the fantastic review! You're able to go back to previous slides by pressing the '4 squares' icon on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen and then select the slide you want to navigate to. - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Worked well. Better would be something like a QR code for the website, for quick audience access.

Interactivity

Pros

Functionality. Integrated slides & polling. I don't know about customer support or value- I didn't use support, and I didn't pay for it. And the pricing wasn't on the website, so who knows? I did forward info to our IT/audiovisual guy, but I'm not calling to find out the price.

Cons

Took too long for audience to access the website. If I had the link ahead of time that might have worked, but since I didn't, I had to wait for everyone to type the address into their phones, which took much longer than I would have predicted. A QR code within the presentation would have facilitated this better. Also, several times while editing the polls, I had to shut down the slides altogether to get them to edit properly.

Thanks Kate We've looked at QR codes, but found most attendees (outside of Asia) don't have a QR reader downloaded on their phone, so haven't prioritised this. With Apple looking like it might reignite the role of QR, maybe we'll change that soon... As you used our free product I hope you got good value! Pricing varies significantly depending on the level of support you require, so we always like to discuss that with our clients rather than just be a software company selling a generic tool. Good luck with your next presentation! The Glisser Team

Best ever received feedback from audience - I'm a Speaker for more than 10 year

The presentation software run smoothly, did not had any issues with it. The organizers were impressed and even asked if they can use it, the other speakers asked also about the solution and envy me. The audience (200 people) liked it, everyone had only positive words. I was impressed of how many interactions I had from the audience and the voting system for questions helped a lot pointing out the...

Cons

Thanks Silviu Great feedback - looks like you really got the most out of the various features. Glad your audiences liked Glisser as well! The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Review (:

We use this program in the classroom to promote in-class participation and it works great. All you have to do is put in the url and you are right in the program following the professor's presentation.

Pros

It's super easy to use. You can download the presentation at the end with whatever notes you made. It allows participation from the audience.

Cons

It's difficult to go back to previous slides, you have to go through all of the ones in between. You are not able to change your question answer once clicked.

Thanks for the review Megan! To go back and find a selected slide, tap the '4 squares' icon in the centre at the bottom, then you can pick your slide. Happy Glissering... - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Good tool to evaluate readiness for an assessment

Pros

This is a great way for professors to quiz a class and make presentations more interactive!

Cons

If not set up properly then it displays everyone's answers and people are able to change choices based off of a majority.

Thanks for the review! Happy Glissering - Team Glisser

Turn a presentation into a dialogue: engaging the audience using Glisser

An hour is a long time to be listening to anyone's voice but Glisser completely changes this. Building in the interactive features and embedding video into the presentation meant both the 200 strong audience and I remained engaged throughout. There were no awkward microphone moments as you waited for the ushers to assist with questions from the audience. Instead, questions are posted in text and...

Cons

Thanks Lydia - glad the event went well and the data was useful to you and your team. Hope to see you using us again... Team Glisser

Bringing events to life

Pros

Using Glisser is a great way to engage with our audience and our delegates really like that they can download slides instantly.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Good product for some quick audience engaugement

So far we have only briefly experimented with it! Glisser helped us to add a nice energiser to a company day out, and others from the company have considered using it in future client meetings

Pros

I like how the results page allows you to see the results come in live, it definitely feels more dynamic!

Cons

Since we were using this primarily for the quiz side rather than presenting, it didn't feel obvious that you needed to add a presentation first to create a quiz. In the end we had to make 1 title slide and upload it to be able to make the quiz.

Thanks Sophie The ability to create polls, quizzes, etc. without any slides is coming soon - watch this space! Well done for working out the way we do it now... - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

First time user to pump up PowerPoint presentations

Getting more questions and interaction from an audience which would much rather cell phone text than get up in front of a microphone.

Pros

Graphical presentation, preparation of slides and cell phone interface are most impressive.

Cons

Having to do the presentation in the Glisser environment is the biggest concern. Many presentations are done in pure PowerPoint mode. Products like Poll Everywhere allow the user to download and use an add-in in PowerPoint and add slides as necessary. Glisser wants you to do it the other way around - move the slides into Glisser then add their slides to the presentation. I prefer the add-in method, allowing me to prepare all the slides offline in PowerPoint.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Great tool - wish it had google functionality

Very solid customer experience

Pros

Great UI that was easy to navigate and easy to read

Cons

No integration with google slides or keynote

I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations

I use Glisser to deliver workshop-presentations. Not quite a workshop because I am still presenting but certainly not a presentation because I can get the audience so involved. My typical audience size is between 10-20 people and it really helps me create a 2-way interaction. Q&A is brilliant, I bring up the questions view throughout my presentations to ensure everyone understands what I am talking about and speed up/slow down accordingly. I wish I was able to archive answered questions though without turning on moderation. Automatic slide downloads also mean that I don't have to bother with the usual end of session email and follow up - anybody who wants a copy of my content just gets it.

Cons

Thanks Alper Glad we are a useful solution for you to use, and we hope to continue improving our features and services. The Glisser Team

Good teaching tool

It's helping make my slides accessible during a tutorial and allowing tutes to be more interactive through things like polls

Pros

Makes it easy for students to get a copy of tutorial slides, polling is nice

Cons

I had trouble uploading my slides the first time, it would be nice to be able to make minor tweaks to slides (e.g. fixing a spelling mistake) within the Glisser interface, I'm worried that my students are getting spammed with feedback requests

Thanks for your review. Good idea on the quick fixes - we'll take a look. We only ask presenters for feedback here, not audiences - but all feedback welcome! - The Glisser Team

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Presentation in its next level

Pros

The application keeps presentations more lively

Cons

At times the application become non responsive

Thank you for the review. As a web-based solution, we always recommend using a hardwire connection when presenting with Glisser. Depending on the content being shared, certain presentations required larger bandwidths than others so using a hardwire connection minimises any delays in content sharing and can prevent any slow loading or crashing. If wifi is the only option, our Customer Success team is always happy to provide insight into recommended bandwidths based on the size of your presentation.