G Suite Case Study

G Suite

Collaboration app suite for teams

4.63/5 (7,178 reviews)

G Suite use case: Bartosz Rybinski

Bartosz Rybinski

15th of June, 2016
Close to switching 100% of my documents to the cloud

I got started with Google Apps for Work over 5 years ago. Though I was very enthusiastic, at that time the feature set was not ready for prime time. I've used it off and on over the years since then (mostly for documents that I needed to share) but in the last year or two, I found myself gravitating more and more back to Google Apps. The feature set improved tremendously and Google was able to keep the design clean and intuitive. Compared to the disaster Office 365 for Mac is, Google is very close to winning me completely over. I already switched away from the Office on my personal laptop and won't be long before I do the same at work.

What do you like best?

- great sharing & collaboration tools - versioning support - rich and flexible feature set - clean and intuitive

What do you dislike?

- though folders works sort of like tags, I'd like to see a more robust tagging function.

Why did you end up selecting G Suite over other applications?

Integration with gmail, better sharing tools, offline sync works more reliably.

If so, why did you switch?

Offline sync on mac was only in beta and the sync client deleted some of my files. Not reliable at the time.

What is your main use case with G Suite?

Sharing financial and production projection spreadsheets. Collaborating on contracts and other documents.

Give one example how G Suite has improved the way your organization functions

Keeping our prioritized project list helps coordinate work

What is your ROI?

does not apply - non-profit

10/10

Recommendations to others considering G Suite

- IMHO, Google Apps has surpassed Office 365 for the overall value

2+ years