Google Meet Logo

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews - Page 100

10,665 reviews

Google meet is the default

The ability to have our meetings online because of the pandemic is great

Pros

Google meet is great because you are able to create and join meetings from anywhere,It also supports a lot of people in one meeting

Cons

The fact that you can’t natively record a meeting using Google meets like MS teams is really a drawback

Easy communication

Pros

It's very easy to use totally reliable. By using Google Hangouts you can easily get touch with your loved ones, friends and even you can use this as business purposes in your office, collage with many group of friends together.

Cons

I have no negative experience to say about google hangouts, Highly recommend for anyone.

Quick way to stay in touch on desktop & mobile

Pros

It's so easy! Incredibly streamlined and basic to ask a quick question or to send images to your friends or coworkers. Love that you can use it in the browser or on your phone.

Cons

It's a little confusing trying to find people on it, there should be an alert that sends to their email, too, when you add them to your list.

Great easy to user

closing deals connect with our target clients in easy way

Pros

I like adding the joining information to the calendar. also easy to use and no need to download or create an account it will be directly aligned to your email

Cons

Cannot invite emails not aligned with Gmail easily, such as Hotmail, yahoo, outlook. not easy to use through mobile

Easy to collaborate with those remote

Pros

Hangouts is so easy to use when your company uses G-Suite! We have​ a bunch of conference rooms setup with Chromeboxes setup for Google Hangout rooms which sync with Google Calendar and make setting up and joining meetings super easy.

Cons

On G-Suite basic,​ your user limit per hangout meeting is 20 feels a bit low.

Use it daily

I am able to communicate while at work if I need to get a hold of someone, without having to get my phone out. So convenient!

Pros

I love that I am able to use it from my computer or phone. Also that I can see if my message has been seen, and the indicator that shows when the other person is typing.

Cons

I don't love that you can't delete conversations.

Google hangouts

One of the best apps to communicate with friends, family, employees, etc. I enjoy starting new conversations everyday with Google hangouts.

Pros

One of the best apps to communicate with friends, family, employees, rtfs. I enjoy starting new conversations.

Cons

Like everything about it so far no problems. Maybe need a few more ways to find people that way see it.

Great way to communicate for dispersed teams

Pros

Google hangouts was a great asset for us to communicate as a team when we needed to stay at our workstations a majority of the time due to the nature of our work.

Cons

The only "con", I would say, is the visibility of messages by casual glance. We did not have the private message option, which would have been great at the time.

Great for family or group chats!

Its the first group chat i have 100% compliance from all my staff! It has greatly improved our communication.

Pros

Very easy to use, great way to create a private group chat. Inviting people to join a group is so easy. One big advantage of Hangouts was that the app is already installed on many tablets. Even my staff members who do not use any social media were comfortable with using this App.

Cons

It basically works like a text message - it would be nice to be able to reply to a specific comment.

The best software for online meeting

Pros

I really enjoy this software. It is easy to use, it does the job properly and it has a very good layout.

Cons

The free version only permits 1 hour meeting.

Go-to tool for online meetings

We are using Hangouts every day for meetings. Just like all the similar solutions, it's not perfect, but it's generally good and easy to use. Recommended.

Pros

- Easy to use and included in Google Suite - Easy to add a link in G-Calendar - Sound quality and accessibility are above average

Cons

- Sharing meeting links could be easier - on desktop they could just add a field to forward the link over email - Mobile app sometimes is super glitchy - switch a screen away and it throws you out of the meeting you wanted to join

My IM Tool of Choice

Pros

I love how I can use this app wherever I am whenever I want to. I use it for hangouts to hangouts as well as SMS. It allows me the ability to text from my computer which is something that is invaluable.

Cons

Google seems to be neglecting the updates to hangouts. I wish they would choose one IM tool and stick with it.

Simple to use and quality is strong

Pros

The eas of using google hangouts far exceeds that of other platforms like zoom, skype, etc.

Cons

Nothing that is prohibitive, but I will say that it would be nice if you could have a default setting to allow your screen to be shown to the other person you are speaking/meeting with before you are actually entered into the meeting.

Best Messaging and Conferencing Service

The overall experience is quite positibe and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Our company uses Google Hangouts for its internal messaging communications in conjunction with Gmail, and Google's other platforms. We find that it is very useful and effective. You can easily search old conversations as well.

Cons

The video conferencing feature is good quality but takes a while to get used to. Specifically for the video chatting, I prefer to use other platforms but I have still used this in a pinch.

My personal experience of using Google meet

In my opinion google meet is good option for basic and simple video conferencing software with affordable pricing. But its not good fit for marketing meetings or lead generation meetings. It has a simple and user friendly interface but doesn't have advanced automation features. In short its good for internal corporate meetings

Pros

The best thing in Google meet is that its a cloud based video conferencing software. Which provides me mobile control of the software with high quality video, audio and security of Google. I also like its live close caption feature.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is lack of features compare to other video conferencing softwares.

Very Useful

Pretty good. Quick way to have meeting and communicate.

Pros

It is a way to communicate with colleagues, customers, and friends in a very prompt way. It very useful when trying to get things done.

Cons

We can't complain it does as it should, makes communication very efficient. The visual can improve slightly.

Business chat

Pros

being able to turn your email contacts into chat contacts is pretty nice, it lets me discuss real quick any problem. I like how is connected to the rest of the google apps-

Cons

Cellphone app seems to be a little bit slower than the computer counterpart. Wouldn't hurt if they expand the type of files you can share quickly.

good for personal communication

Pros

its a light weight application for personal communication, sharing messages, pictures and calls. google hangout interface is good so easily use.

Cons

i dont seen any issues with google hangout, since i am using hangout for communicating with my personal friends, may be we need to enable auto delete options for chat messages.

Great group calls

I have taken advantages of the group video calls , and i can make conference to discuss homeworks or even to plan activities in group, it is a way to meet my friends without spending time to commute their houses

Pros

One of the features i like is that i can make video calls in group, until 10 people at the same time and not only on my phone , also on the computer i can make them, it is possible to share ubication point and i use many of the emoticons with gifs animations.

Cons

The detail on this app is that i can not put my profil as invisible, so everyone is going to see my profile online once i am connected, in this sense i bother a bit because some times all we need privacy just to talk with one specific person.

Easy for Groups across Country

We love google hangouts to bring our team together when we work out of multiple locations, great for call-ins and video calls. Definitely feels like the gold standard.

Pros

Ease of use across mobile and desktop -- good call quality with many members per call.

Cons

Sometimes we struggle with multiple talking people and the video switching back and forth between faces.

Another chat application

Pros

It's integrated inside Gmail, which makes it convenient for job chats. It includes pretty much similar functionality to WhatsApp and Facebook messenger.

Cons

It's annoying that it's installed by default in all Android devices, each person should be able to customize their own apps to fully take advantage of the available memory.

Perfect Solution for Remote Employees

Pros

The best part of Google Hangouts is that it allows us to incorporate remote employees into meetings. We can share webcams or our screens so they're in the know at all times.

Cons

Can sometimes be tough for the non-tech savvy users to navigate and get connected, but I think that's generally more user-error than anything.

Google Meet has too many bugs. It feels like it's still in Beta testing.

It was honestly hard to find a pro with this software. With the Cons outweighing the pros, it's easy to say that Google has not worked out all the bugs in this program. It's best to use skype for business or even whatsapp call / video. I would stay very far from Google meet until they release a major update.

Pros

The video / sound quality is great on 4G network (but uses a lot of data) Aesthetically appealing

Cons

There is no headphone option The Bose Bluetooth Headphones I was using on my phone was not connecting with Meet yet works with Hangout It's extremely data hungry compared to the competitors (literally GBs for meetings lasted less than an hour) Not allowing individual users to mute their own devices (which is horrid for meeting more than 2 persons) When using on Google Chrome, it cannot find my camera (even though it works for Skype on Google Chrome) Very Unstable, sometimes crashes. It seems like this is a beta test software because I don't think a tech giant like Google would release a software targeting the corporate world with all these cons.

Gooood

As a personal experience I have tried to take advantage of it from the mobile phone as well as from the laptop

Pros

I think hangouts is one of the best applications on the market, I humbly find it better than whatsap, telegram.

Cons

Google should further enhance this type of tools, since they have lost ground with applications such as telegram or whatsap

Connecting with Colleagues

Google Meet is a wonderful tool that lets me meet and collaborate with teachers virtually across the district. I love that we can share our screens and go over any necessary information in our meeting. It is user-friendly so teachers feel comfortable joining and navigating the platform.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, I frequently use Google Meet to meet virtually with my team as well as teachers across the district. Meet is easy to use! I love how the meeting is automatically set up on my Google Calendar as teachers pick a spot from my Google Appointment calendar.

Cons

Our district does not have Enterprise. We would love to have access to breakout rooms and other Enterprise features.