Google Meet Logo

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

Google Meet Reviews - Page 3

10,665 reviews

Google Hangouts Analysis

Hangouts definitely has a lot of potential and the fact it can be downloaded on your phone is amazing because a lot of people have issues sending texts between Apple and Android devices. Perhaps, instead of having the hangouts extension open up a mini tab for hangouts, have it take you to the old official site instead? I liked the old site a lot better than the extension window that pops up. Overall, Hangouts is a great communications tool and should be used more than it is by the common person. Highly underrated.

Pros

For a computer communications piece of software, this feature is a very good addition to Google communications. I find it very helpful to be able to access google hangouts straight from your Gmail home screen, so you can see both emails and google chats at the same time. I also like how much quicker and easier it is to send messages that aren't very important and are not worth writing an actual email for. Another thing I loved was how when you linked a video from YouTube, the video title and thumbnail picture pop up as well. Very nice feature.

Cons

There are still a few flaws and setbacks when it comes to google hangouts. Sometimes when I try to copy and paste an image from another tab it won't load, or will just completely discard my image. I find this irritating when trying to send a co-worker an image for a presentation. Also, the hangouts extension available on the chrome web store needs some major work. You can't open it on some tabs, when you do get it to open it won't let you type or click on anything, and when I try to use the official site for google hangouts (not the Gmail inbox home screen) I can never seem to get to it and it won't load.

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

Pros

My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

Cons

The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha)...

One of the best options for group calls and online chats

Hangouts gives a fast and efficient communication setup for its users, allowing them to contact clients, coworkers, and friends easily and efficiently, with very few drawbacks. It is one of my primary communication tools with coworkers, and I will probably keep using it as such for long into the future.

Pros

It is probably the easiest and most reliable online chat app, in both computers and cellphones. It allows you to make free calls to other hangouts users anywhere and at anytime, and with multiple recipients at the same time, which is great for conferences and also more informal calls between friends and family. It provides some great customization features regarding devices used, as well as video...

Cons

It has a few less options regarding videocalls than some other softwares. For example, it doesn't give you the option of setting up the cameras in group calls so that you can see all the callers equally, but rather prioritizes whoever is talking. This works well in organized discussions, but is not so great for more informal calls.

No Hangouts I do not work

Hangouts for me is essential in day to day

Pros

A work day begins, with the login of my Gmail account and this allows me to use the Chat tool to keep me connected with the outside world. When you work in an office and you can not use a telephone, the only tool that allows me talking to other people besides my co-workers is Hangouts, inside the things that I love this chat, is that I can block people with whom I do not want to talk, I can archive...

Cons

With the previous version called Google Talk one could be placed as "Not available" and be connected similarly without being visible to contacts. Now with Hangouts it is not possible. There are workplaces in which, chat is restricted in internal networks, due to the use undue that is given, as to the time that people lose in a chat without performing the tasks that correspond, despite not being a disadvantage of the SW, should create something that allows be enabled despite any restrictions.

Ridiculously handy, and so easy a toddler can use it.

It keeps me in touch with anybody, anywhere, running just as well on iOS as it does on Android and in the web browser. If I need to access information that was previously discussed, I can review and search through conversations dating back nearly a decade.

Pros

Over the years, I've used Hangouts for a broad range of uses. Professionally, I've used it to keep in touch with teams that are working remotely from one another (or close together, in silence), because it takes up very little screen real estate, doesn't make everyone look at their phones repeatedly, and keeps things super simple for sending quick updates and questions back and forth. With team members...

Cons

When you send an invitation to connect to a new contact via Hangouts, it goes to their Gmail. If they aren't looking out for the email and they miss it or it goes to spam or they delete it by mistake, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to resend the invitation, which has been a hiccup for me once or twice. I've found a couple of ways around this (have the contact send an invitation to you, or add them to a group hangout with someone they're already connected to; I'm sure there are many other methods that will work as well) but when it does happen, it is a little inconvenient. It would be better if there were a menu option within Hangouts to simply review all your pending invitations.

Pandemic accelerated Google Meet features but it is still lacking some...

Every day companion on these long days at the home office, improving a lot lately, but with room to improve further.

Pros

All-in-one with Google Workspace, easy login, connected to my calendar e-mail, good iOS app, works great on chrome. Stable even with lots of people connected with cameras on. After march/20, google speeded up the new features pace, following zoom active users boom. for a brief period o time in 2020 all enterprise only (pricy) features were open for all.

Cons

I really miss "record meetings" feature on non enterprise accounts. And the fact that you can move features up or down on products inside the google workspace subscription forces decisions to have "another" product (such as zoom) to solve your specific need, although it is a google workspace problem, not Google Meet. A better solution for dual connection (connecting smartphone and laptop browser) at the same meeting is pending, you should be able to connect as viewer only in the same way we do as presenter only.

Google Hangouts - The Best Soon-to-Be Discontinued Messenger

Google knows best. So it's killing* (arguably) a good service. I like Hangouts. I use it every day many times a day. My work messages come through hangouts. My personal messages come through hangsouts. They are on my phone, my tablet, my car, my computer. They are with me. Text? When my phone service is spotty, I don't get texts..... but I might have wifi. And my wifi get's hangouts! So, it's great, and it's going away in 2019(ish)

Pros

Hangouts, on your phone, in your mail, on your browser. It's everywhere. What killed the old traditional instant messengers (Aol, Yahoo, ICQ....), it might have been texting. But Hangouts was certainly one of the reasons. A cloud operated messaging service, that was right there, in the most modern ubiquitous web mail there is. It works, and it works well. Need to see your messages on your phone, it's there. On your browser, it's there. And all of your history (or at least your most recent messages).

Cons

Hangouts hasn't been touched by Google in some time, and has been slated to be discontinued, although migrated into another service. It's clients are sluggish. The web interface is okay... I find the history parts a bit annoying. Time stamps don't always show. Messages sometimes don't deliver to your phone, until you "wake" up the application (rarely)... Messages in your Gmail is handy, but the search feature sucks. I often cannot find messages I need in the history. As it's not the preferred client, there is no OU configuration for Hangouts in G-Suite. It's an all-or-nothing toggle, which forces people to use a client outside their mail (an alternate service entirely).

Excellent video conferencing is possible with this software

An efficient software, easy to use, with a very nice and effective interface. These are the ideas that come to mind at the time of qualifying this incredible software that has facilitated in a considerable way my labor and professional development.

Pros

Google has incorporated Hangouts into its services, a high-performance software, which has contributed significantly to my professional development at the University where I work. This software offers us interesting features that have boosted my work team, leaving behind the problems we had when our work team was not physically in the same space. Hangouts has allowed me to break the limitations of...

Cons

This software has more positive elements to rescue than the negative ones, however, there is a problem that I have always seen of this software and is that you can not send multimedia documents. This factor is very important to me since I work a lot with photographs of cultural manifestations, theater presentations, production elements, makeup and costumes that I must photograph to send to add to my theatrical productions. I think Google should work on adding multimedia messages to their services.

A very useful tool offered by Google

I use Hangouts to contact potential clients. I like not having to share my phone number from good to first, I think it's important to keep my personal data protected. I prefer that my clients contact me by email or social networks before sharing my phone number. I also made videoconferences in which the shared screen is one of the tools I use the most. Although it seems incredible, I really like that Hangouts does not notify if the other person saw or did not see the messages, because I think it's an unnecessary functionality. Today we can see a message and not respond immediately because we are busy and for no other reason. But sometimes it's misinterpreted. This is one of the reasons why I like hangouts more than other messaging platforms.

Pros

What I like the most is that I don't need to share my phone number, only my Gmail email account and I already have access. It's totally free since it's another of the tools offered by Google. The interface is intuitive and easy to use, I can share images and videos, I can also make video calls. The app is light and loads very fast. I can chat from the computer or from the cell phone. The videoconferences are excellent, the communication flows very well, although as always, it depends on the internet signal, but in general terms it goes very well, you can share the screen

Cons

There're only two things that I don't like, one of them is that it doesn't have a desktop software but I have to use the web browser. It would be great if they offered software similar to the application they offer for smartphones. And the other thing that I do not like is that it doesn't offer the option to send and receive voice messages.

The most optimal tool for personal and corporate communications.

The truth is that I have used many instant messaging tools, and this in particular is my favorite. I think it is very flexible and very well thought out for corporate environments where they can all be communicated in addition to the google suite. My experience with this multiplatform solution has been very good, particularly my agenda is always full of meetings and in most of the time I have some document to present, and what gives me more value is that you can archive the conversations and calls to keep them synchronized on the cloud. I recommend it to all users who wish to have communication under a platform that innovates every day.

Pros

What I like most about this powerful tool is its ease of use, with having a good internet connection you can make video calls from the comfort of your home or office. In particular, I make interactive presentations to clients through the Hangout. You can configure the quality of the call to optimize your resources, that is, if you do not need to make a video or present a document you can optimize your bandwidth in a single click from the tool.

Cons

What I liked the least, however does not take away the value of this tool is that in the update to Hangouts meet, you can not incorporate a person to the call, you must send the link to join it. However, the chat is maintained and the interface is much better with this update. There are some tips that I apply when I need to incorporate a contact to the audio, I make a group by hangout and from there I establish the video call and it shows me the old interface. I do not see it as a limitation, only that you are already accustomed to uniting a person at any time.

From Ubiquity to Obscurity

While Hangouts was groundbreaking software, its impending discontinuation makes it hard to recommend.

Pros

Hangouts was a ubiquitous Google service that was available every modern device, multiple software platforms, and offered numerous functions. On the web, hangouts was a dedicated application, web app, and integrated into other Google services. On mobile, the Hangouts application did just about everything the desktop versions of Hangouts was capable of. Hangouts allowed for simple text messages and...

Cons

Google is discontinuing Hangouts in favor of developing newer software such as Messages, Duo, and Google Voice. These new programs will take on the functionality previously carried by Hangouts. For example, Messages will take over the texting and messaging functionality on both mobile and web, and Duo will take on the video calling functions previously available in Hangouts. Whether the split into these different apps and programs is preferable over having one unified app, the discontinuation of Hangouts as we know it now is a serious con when it comes to considering using Hangouts.

Collaboration made easy through Google Hangout

It's an amazing tool that meets the needs of organization and individuals by securing the messages sent through an end to end encryption to secure privacy.

Pros

This is another amazing tool by Google for collaboration and connecting with people not just within colleagues but also to the world. I have made use of these particular tool for more than 3 years and it has been helpful all the way. Just by simply having a Google account you automatically have access to this feature. You don't need to install any application on your system to have this make for you....

Cons

I remember when I spent the whole day researching just checking if there was an application for system users this was dishearten just to find out it's only available on smart phones to download but not available on systems. Another challenge is the fact that there is no option to attach voice note to the recipient and send as a message. When using the communication tool (video and audio) with the screen sharing functionality it sometimes slow and disconnect when the internet is really bad

hangouts review

as i said its have a lot of features should be add in next generation of the app i liked so much if its add notifications on that

Pros

its an easy way really for an internal organization for meetings and also share data chat about the work or about the full business any where

Cons

its not have more features like other chat share apps for example its not share big size data also not support some of audio types and about the search for group name or user name its not easy as its given a lot of users its should give the recommended users also for search for some friend by user Gmail ID its better i liked so much the hangouts extension tool that add on chrome its so good

Google Meet Review

My overall experience is great with Google Meet because I understand sometimes software can have glitches and bugs but Google Meet is worth using for meetings and conference calls and on top of that it is completely free to use.

Pros

The best part about this software is that it is completely free to use and it has all of the features that a paid software would normally have. I also like most about this software is its ability to share a single link with anyone and anyone with the link can join without having to install anything special on their computer. This works across multiple operating systems.

Cons

Sometimes the software cannot detect my webcam or microphone and I have to refresh the browser for it to detect which is very annoying sometimes because I am in a meeting and it forces me to refresh my browser which logs me out of the meeting.

Revisión de Google meet

Es un software excelente y fácil de usar que tenemos de forma gratuita para satisfacer nuestros requisitos de cumplimiento. Las grabaciones y las pantallas para compartir son funciones realmente útiles definidas por el equipo de Google y realmente útiles durante las reuniones. en general, un excelente software que puedo recomendar a todos los nuevos usuarios que es su segundo pensamiento sobre el uso de este increíble software.

Pros

¿Quién pensó que hacer las videollamadas sería tan fácil? Gracias Google por darnos esta oportunidad y será realmente útil pasar el rato con nuestros compañeros de oficina, amigos e incluso con la vida profesional. No más viajes para reuniones, no hay requisitos de infraestructura para las reuniones. Simplemente instale y conéctese. El mundo se volverá más pequeño de lo esperado. Gracias Google por...

Cons

sería mejor si pudiéramos tomar notas con el software de Google y compartir el resumen de la reunión con los participantes en tiempo real. Mejor si podemos agregar efectos de sonido personalizados al conversar con los participantes. incluso la voz se puede cambiar. Además, si podemos reorganizar nuestros videos, que podamos compartir con los participantes, esto es lo que deberían ver y no deberían ver. conviene disponer de la herramienta personalizada de ambientación que puede resultar de gran utilidad para mantener la profesionalidad del encuentro.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hangouts messaging app, is it for you?

I found it one of the easier ways to make free wifi calls at the begining of the wifi calling era. They haven't adjusted with the times. I had hoped that Hangouts had been more secure for the users not just gathering data for the Google Machine. Which is already run by AI....just kidding. I have to be right...

Pros

i like the fact that it was one of the first free messaging apps out there. I have been using this software for what seems like ages. It does the job. It's also convenient because it allows you to get a 2nd phone line for your business ...free of charge. And you can use this number anywhere you have a wifi connection.

Cons

There are not very many features within the app. and the emoji are kinda lame. When compared to other messaging apps like Telegram, it is pretty bare-bones. they have not upgraded the style or feel of the app to move with the changing times. Its all about Privacy these days and unfortunately, google seems to be Big Brother himself. I know they definitely "listen" to calls, I don't feel invaded by Google yet but I just don't like the fact that you have to give them permission before making any calls. Lastly, to call anyone from this app on wifi connection, you HAVE to download the second

More effective than Zoom

A great tools for remote meetings and love the app for cell phones.

Pros

We were already using the other Google Programs. We have multiple people on one meeting and rarely have connection issues.

Cons

Sometimes setting up can be challenging as you have to add an event in calendar or by dialing a number.

Google meet

I have been using this app for my official online classes, this is really good and easy to use platform that make us easy to attempt our classes and international webinars.

Pros

Yes, Google meet a good and easy to use App as I have been using google meet for my online classes and I am glad, that marker feature is absent in this app; so participants can't bug during meeting. While screen sharing host can use this too, which is really helpful for us to understand. We can chat during lectures, that is helpful for us, because we can answer on chats without bugging during lecture.

Cons

It's been annoying when anybody leave or join meeting, prompt shows at a place to text box, which makes impossible to type at that time. Another main issue, that I have to face during my online exams, on presenting screen audio stops, so I have to join through two different devices in a same meeting. If I minimize this app to have another app or document camera stops working in a phone; not in a laptop.

Google Hangouts for the Workplace

Pros

Google Hangouts have an easy to use system that allows you to instant message anyone else with a Gmail account. The ease with which you can adjust your settings to allow for screen pop-ups and notification sounds is convenient. I mainly use Hangouts at work, and have found it extremely easy to message someone in the office without disturbing any face to face customer interactions. I use it everyday...

Cons

I love using Google hangouts, much more than the last IM system we used in my office. I think they can improve upon the connection when first contacting a new person. For example, when signed into my phone from my personal Gmail account, I found it frustrating that I had messaged another user but they never received the communication. Only when they went on and sent me their own message did it finally connect our two lines. That is the only time I have ever experienced any trouble with this software.

Easy to use and very useful

Overall I have had a very positive experience using Hangouts. It's wonderful as an individual and works perfectly for my business as well. I need to be able to have private chats with clients and this makes it easy to stay connected without providing my personal phone number.

Pros

The fact that Google Hangouts is free is fantastic! It's also not necessary to provide a phone number in order to use Hangouts which makes it useful when communicating with clients online and want to maintain your privacy. As long as you have a Google account you can use Hangouts through the Gmail username. When using it through your email (not texting with a Google Voice number) you can also see when...

Cons

There isn't very much that I dislike about Hangouts. There are only a couple things and they are minor. 1. I wish you could see when a person received your text when messaging a phone number. 2. I wish it was easier to see the time and date of past messages on the computer. 3. I wish you could send more than one picture at a time when using the computer.

Safe way to instruct online

Google Meet improved their online meeting format over the weeks and I came to enjoy the ease of using it. I scheduled meetings in advanced and emailed my parents the special links that would give them access for those specified dates. I also liked the shared screen feature for several of my reading groups. Some days I had to share a book pages for my students when they did not yet have their next reading book or I used the share feature for online lessons and used the writing tool to write and mark the words as they read. Google Meet provided a safe instructional place for my students during distance learning.

Pros

Our school switched to Google Meet within 3 weeks of school being cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our tech team advised us of safety concerns with our other online virtual meeting platform and so we moved to Google for working with our PreK-8 students. Over the weeks, Google Meet definitely made some welcome improvements. I scheduled instructional meeting times to repeat over three weeks,...

Cons

At first, Google Meet did not offer a gallery view which I had come to expect after using the other online meeting platform. This option eventually changed. I did not like that my young students could join "early" online if I wasn't yet in the meeting. I thought it odd since my other students who joined after me had to be manually admitted by me. Safety was our number one priority for meeting with your students online and that was the only problem that I had with Google Meet.

Works great

Pros

I'm not sure all of the uses of Hangouts I assume I've been using the software fully. I had my Google Voice number tied to my Android phone. I set the "phone app" to always dial out using my Google Voice number and I downloaded Google Hangouts and used it exclusively for texting. It worked great, it did exactly what a texting app was supposed to do and had all the features I was using to seeing on any other phone. The best thing ever was that I could use Hangout from my PC. This was hugely convenient for me. Being able to text people from my laptop and even call people directly from my laptop was amazing.

Cons

I said above that I "had" Google Voice (and Hangouts) on my Android. I actually removed it yesterday. Hangouts never had any issue but sometimes calling people was either finicky or didn't work at all if I didn't have good enough signal. This is because (I assume) I didn't have any data coverage only voice coverage. That meant I was only able to call someone using my actual cell number which I simply didn't use... for anything. This got inconvenient to the point that I ported my Google Voice number to my carrier and made it my actual cell phone number. I was quite sad to lose the ability to text via my laptop. However when I started using the native messaging app in my Android phone it had a pop up giving me instructions on how to text from my Laptop using the messenger app. Huzahhh!

Tool for dynamic work

Currently we use this tool in my company through a multiple conversation of 28 participants across the country, in which we all put monitoring information at the moment of the news events that occur in each city. All this information is analyzed and reports prepared for the managers and executives of the organization.

Pros

Google Hangouts is an ideal application to use in a management, which allows you to connect to the work group to solve tasks quickly and efficiently. Through Hangouts we have the possibility to create a common chat room, schedule video conferences and exchange information. It is very useful. This platform was devised by Google to integrate the services that were separated as Google Talk and Google+...

Cons

- It does not allow the sending of multimedia files. - You can´t send files in .pdf format. - Only allows to send JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF and HEIF image files.

A very useful and easy to use software

Hangouts is an excellent software, because it is much easier to use than other software that provide the same service, as it has many interesting options that can be complemented with communications between two or more people. I recommend this software to all those who require a good tool to communicate between two or more people.

Pros

The company Google has a series of very interesting applications that I use permanently, among those is Google Hangouts, an excellent software to communicate more quickly and directly with my friends, co-workers, department leaders and supervisors. One of the advantages of this software is that, unlike other message communication software, Hangouts allows me to have an application on my mobile and...

Cons

I am absolutely sure that the company Google has to make certain improvements in this software to make it competitive with other communication software. Among these improvements should add the possibility of knowing when messages reach the recipient, also greatly improve the multimedia messaging system that for the development of the work in the publisher is of extreme importance.

Google Hangouts made it easy for us at work

Pros

We started using this product about a month before the Hands-Free law came in effect in August for work as we no longer will be able to use cell phone. I am a job coach for people with disabilities and my role includes driving our clients from their home to our program site and at the end of the day, my job is to bring them back home. There are times when our clients are sick or not planning to coming...

Cons

I like everything about the app, except one thing I would like to see change is if there were some kind of ways in the settings where you could make some short message made already, like some kind of inscription so we don't have to write the same thing over and over again. Sometimes I get the same message every day, that "Colin is going to be absent today." or "Colin will not need a ride this morning" and I need to let them know that I got the message so I have to type back, "I got the message" So for the future I will like to be able to just do one click and that message is already typed. It will makes it easy and quicker for my job!