All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Guru Reviews

Central source of truth

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use. I love the knowledge alerts to hold my team accountable.

Cons

That I can't create drafts. It makes it really hard to strategically plan around when I will make new information accessible

A great knowledge management solution - but you need your team's buy in

We use it as a tool to support our sales team with the idea of them being able to self-serve and find the right pieces of information.

Pros

It is a fairly intuitive product to use and build on top of. We also integrated Guru into our Slack instance and urge our sales team to go through Guru before asking a human.

Cons

I don't dislike Guru, but have noticed that with any KMS you need to have constant upkeep to ensure the quality of the information stored is good. Additionally, it's not enough to just maintain the knowledge, people need to be dilegent about adding to it.

Guru - Easy to Use

I like Guru. It makes my life easier when working. I have easy access to the policies that my company has while I'm doing my own work.

Pros

I like using Guru. We use it to set up policy and procedure cards. The chrome extension allows us to have easy access to policies while working through different items.

Cons

I think there could be more clarification as to why cards need to be verified. It would be nice if there was also was an admin position that could instantly verify cards.

Useful for customer support internal knowledge

It's very handy for new team members to have quick access to internal team knowledge!

Pros

It's easy to use in conjunction with customer support ticket systems. Agents can easily find informational cards relative to the case they are handling.

Cons

I would appreciate a better search function and a better dashboard UX. It's not very intuitive when you fist use it, but you end up figuring out where everything is pretty quickly nonetheless.

Awesome software to manage our team’s knowledge

Really positive. It’s helped me get up to speed in my new role and work much more efficiently.

Pros

So easy to use and integrate with other softwares that we as a team use daily. It allows us to record and validate our knowledge while also speeding up the transfer of that knowledge between team members.

Cons

Slight learning curve but once you see it in action and start using it it very quickly becomes very clear.

Guru is Great

Previously we were using a custom made support hub. I never used it it was so hard to search for information and I wasnt always sure that the information was up to date. Do not have these problems with Guru!

Pros

I love the search feature. I love the tag feature. I love that you can submit suggestions to the update team easily!

Cons

Not a bad word to say! Sometimes my desktop can get a bit messy when I open to many widgets. I have started to stick to the webpage view.

Great Knowledge Management System

The company uses Guru to store all our knowledge/ policies / practices. Easy way to share information as a group and keep everyone up to date.

Pros

We used to store all our knowledge in Jira but recently transitioned to Guru. Guru easy very easy to use and has lots of cool features. The auto verify feature is great and makes sure information is kept up to date.

Cons

Its a solid platform and I have not encountered any negatives in my use.

Easy to use, reliable but takes investment to get the most out of it.

This is a great product and company that cares a lot about customer happiness. The tool itself helps the team im on and Im excited how they improve on it going forward.

Pros

I liked how it could replace our wiki in a chrome extension. It streamlined the search process for information we were looking for. I enjoy looking at the user stats, too.

Cons

It takes a little extra time for the average user to learn how to get the most value from the tool.

Awesome for quick answers to call questions

Pros

I love how it integrates so seamlessly in Zendesk and Slack, tools we use daily. Having Guru permitted us to centralize all our information by searching from one place instead of going through different tools and not being such which is the correct answer.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to search our internal help desk as well

User-friendly training

Pros

Reminds me a lot of Quizlet - great for keeping a record of organizational knowledge.

Cons

I wish there was a way to practice and test of material, as if they were notecards.

Guru Review

Pros

Very easy to use and keep a lot of information well organized. Information can be accessed a variety of ways, such as browser or web extension making the app customizable to individual's preferences.

Cons

Takes a decent amount of training to get the hang of using the software.

A great documentation tool!

Increased productivity and efficiency!

Pros

I love Guru! The interface is nice which, to me, is a great plus. There are so many features that are great. Let's say I edit a card and then my colleague goes in and changes it; I am able to see past versions and the changes between the two! You can also be notified some months later to remind you to look at documentation and update it, to ensure that all the information is still accurate. I love that you can easily go from one card to another. It's a very great tool.

Cons

You may need to take a half hour just to ensure you are familiar with the platform...but that's expected.

Used Guru when looking to hire a freelancer

Pros

Was looking to outsource some tasks and used Guru to advertise and interview candidates. Didn't find a successful candidate using this site but it worked well to find some viable candidates, so I'd be willing to try it out again sometime.

Cons

Only complaint is that I didn't find someone but I'd try again.

Great tool for centralized company knowledge

Pros

I love the user interface and how things are organized within the app. Our sales and marketing teams can quickly bring up "battle cards" on competitors or just have an all in one place for everything company related. The analytics are great. You can see what cards are being used more than others and who are making edits to the information.

Cons

Nothing from Guru's side. I did have a hard time finding myself using the product at first because it lives outside of my typical google ecosystem. Perhaps integration with Google would be great but overall no compaints.

Helpful Knowledge Base Tool

As far as content / documentation systems go, Guru is a great one. Highly recommend it!

Pros

- Easily organize, update, and otherwise manage all content. - Understand how content is being used with features like "Trust Score" and other reporting capabilities. - Collaborate with other team members via the "My Tasks" feature.

Cons

- As with any knowledge base, there is a lot of manual maintenance to keep the ecosystem in tip top shape. - The tagging and categorization features do not always scale very well.

Great for when your team is small

Guru was a great place for our team to start their knowledge base. However, as the content in our Guru grew, it was difficult to find and update information in our Guru.

Pros

Simple notes Can be accessed anywhere with their Chrome extension Supported rich notes (html, images)

Cons

Lack of organization Very opinionated (you have to think like Guru's team to really utilize their product) Difficult to maintain as the amount of content in your Guru expands Awful searching

Guru is helpful

It's nice to have, but not necessary.

Pros

Guru is great to have when you have a large team and a lot of information that needs to be shared across the whole team.

Cons

I wish that Guru had more integrations and was easier to access. Right now, they have an extension and the online platform.

This Information Gathering tool rocks

Pros

Guru is a cool, newer way to centralize questions about topics, products, etc and answers to these questions and how to information in one place by sharing the guru cards. Before using this, we had information in several databases such as SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Microsoft Office platforms, etc.

Cons

We cannot share product knowledge outside of the organization and so this is a limiting factor for us.

Guru Review

Overall, I have had a very good experience using Guru as a tool and would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Guru is extensively used by our marketing team. It is very easy to search. It has a convenient and intuitive user interface. The chrome extension is a very good feature.

Cons

Could provide better customer support. Could provide better pricing structure as compared to its competitors.

Great idea, not so great usability

We had to leave because the search functionality did not work and we ended up missing cards.

Pros

Great UI. Easy to navigate through different cards. Creating a card is easy.

Cons

The search functionality is absolutely awful. Trying to find something on the spot is a real challenge (even with as little as 40 cards), and it really ruined the whole platform for my team.

Easy to use company Wiki

Pros

Easy to share and update information across organization. Easy to provide feedback and comments to wiki info.

Cons

It's a useful tool for gathering company wide FAQs and SME Knowledge. No complaints.

The simplest and fastest application for finding information!

As a Student, I am very satisfied using the GURU add-on, because I can access various information quickly.

Pros

GURU (add on version) has an easy access feature so information search can be done very quickly!

Cons

The trial version is limited in some access features. So you have to try the premium version, but I guarantee it's worth it!

Guru

Very good. Guru is a powerful tool and especially good for new team members

Pros

Easy to use, great to compile resources from the broader team and organization all in one place. Very good

Cons

You have to put a lot of work into maintaining charity and consistency as you organize all of the resources

great for new employees

Pros

This service is great because it is a great resource for our employees to access important information quickly and easily.

Cons

The only con that i can think of is that i have to login in all the time. i wish it would automatically log me in when i open my browswer

the more you put in the more you get out!

Pros

we have found that the more data you put into Guru the more benefit you get out. It learns really quickly and helps our sales team convert more.

Cons

didnt know we needed it until we needed it! but it has made a positive difference to conversion

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.