Hoop.la Reviews

4.75/5 (8 reviews)

Mary Harris-King

Excellent system and support for our client community

Reviewed 2018-01-09

We are a B2B consulting firm and we use Hoop.la for our online client community. This has allowed us to evolve away from hourly and project services to a much more efficient and interactive model where all clients have access to a library of documents and videos ("clips" in Hoop.la terms), discussion forums, calendars, live chat events, etc. You create permission groups ("circles") and set what members can and can't do; new members are assigned to one or more circles. Very easy to set up and customize even if, like me, you do not know a lot about CSS or HTML. Their support staff are amazing - they know the product inside and out and they are fast, cheerful and professional. Our community is professional rather than social in nature so we needed some customization to meet the needs of our clients, and they accomplished these on time and on budget, with great results. I highly recommend Hoop.la. I stumbled on them when looking for a live chat system, and then realized they did that plus almost everything else we needed to make a new online community a reality.Easy set up ' customization; permissioning; moderation; live chat; forums, and calendars, A+ support

Anonymous

Hoop.la makes it so easy!

Reviewed 2015-01-29

We completed an exhaustive search for the solution to our secure partner portal. We had a clear list of requirements that we needed, and we shared those requirements with a variety of vendors. We narrowed it down to three vendors. The demonstration of Hoop.la was the third we completed. Because I work for a large, name brand company, the other two vendors were too busy trying to upsell into the larger organization, and didn't take the time to find out what I was looking for and needed. They had an agenda that I wasn't really part of. Not Hoop.la. Their agenda was to understand what we wanted, and show us how to do it. Hoop.la listened to our needs, clearly demonstrated how to do what we needed, answered millions of questions and made suggestions about best practices. The contract and pricing process was simple, the setup was quick and the ongoing customer support is incredible. We had our portal ready to done in record time. A great experience at the beginning, middle and I don't see an end in sight! We use Hoop.la to run multiple partner groups, all of which are interrelated under the larger organization of strategic alliances, but all offer unique solutions. As a result, we opted to use hidden groups that fall under the umbrella of our larger all-inclusive partner portal, but provide the ability for each partner type to quickly access only the information that is most relevant for their needs. We are adding new partners regularly and appreciate how easy it is to add new groups and make them usable in short order. Because we had scoped out a phased approach, we needed the ability to turn on or off features that we aren't currently using - without having to re-architect the entire portal. Even more Hoop.la is constantly innovating, so we are pleased to see new features rolled out before we can even ask for them to be considered.Easy to use once you get over a short learning curve. Our team is not technical, and we have limited technical support from the larger team, yet we had no problem getting things up and running.

Rich Melvin

A lot of "hoopla" about Hoop.la!

Reviewed 2015-11-25

We have used the Hoop.la platform for our On-Line forum (ogrforum.ogaugerr.com) for many years. Our forum serves over 9 million pages per month, and the Hoopla server infrastructure handles that traffic level with ease. Our members (over 17,000 of them) love the platform. I rarely get complaints about problems, and when I do it is usually a problem on the member's computer. On the rare occasions when I have needed to contact Hoopla Tech Support, their typical response time is measured in MINUTES. The Hoopla Tech Reps are competent, professional and they really KNOW their product. I have never had a problem they could not solve, or show me how to solve myself via an admin feature I didn't know about. Their Tech Support forum is well organized and easy to use. Overall, I give Hoopla an A+. We are very satisfied customers.

Gigi Peterkin

Hoop.la ROCKS our Community

Reviewed 2015-02-04

We converted to Hoop.la for our online community platform during 3Q14 and could not be happier! Hoop.la is used by our non-profit patient community to connect for support about their disease and for educational programs we offer. We are just beginning to scratch the surface of Hoop.la's capabilities and look forward to offering more online chats and further customization to suit our community's needs. Hoop.la support has been there with us every step of the way.Great support staff LOTS of customization available Intuitive for our end users to set up and use their accounts Flexible and scalable

Neil MacQueen

Great product, Amazing Company

Reviewed 2015-11-28

My online community, rotation.org, has been using Social Strata's various community software services since 2001. They latest version, Hoop.la, is terrific for those who want a serious community message board that looks modern, user-friendly and is always being improved. And their latest version is fully responsive, which puts them ahead of all their competitors. But the best thing about them is their company. They're quick to respond, open to suggestions, and focused on customer care.

Ashley Harris

What's all the Hoop.la about?

Reviewed 2015-01-30

We’ve been using Hoop.la as a part of our B2B Client’s loyalty offering for almost a year, and couldn’t be more satisfied. For our client, it’s been a great platform for showcasing knowledge about how small businesses can leverage technology to help their businesses thrive. Members have access to stories and wisdom about particular topics, and can interact with each other to share experiences. We have used it to showcase both curated and original content.

jane stevens

Excellent platform, absolutely outstanding service

Reviewed 2015-12-03

I'm so happy since we switched to Hoop.la last year. I love the platform, and the new responsive site even more. And you can't beat their customer service. They're quick to respond, and work with you to figure out glitches.

KC Simons

Hoop.la has great features

Reviewed 2017-04-12

This product is ahead of the game in terms of cool new features and presentation. I am new to Hoop.la and have enjoyed the product.