Humble Dot Reviews

Humble Dot

Team communication and collaboration platform

Humble Dot

Review Summary

Pros

It's super cool interacting with my colleagues (creates a fun environment) and report individually to my leader the issues and urgent matters to solve.

Camila Neto S.

You can also keep track of everyones past responses too which is nice. You can comment and give kudos which is great at encouraging people and giving feedback or having discussions.

Katrina W.

Humbledot is a great and fun way to share information with your teammates. Other than just letting everyone know what are your priorities for the week, it promotes engagement at a personal level.

Isabelle W.

Cons

In that sense, a badly maintained Humble Dot is a bother for end users.

Sotaro S.

The notifications were bothersome sometimes but I think that was more due to how our administration set it up.

Delia M.

Maybe this is something I'm missing, but I don't always have input into what questions are being asked weekly, only my manager does.

Alex L.

4.7

Get to know your coworkers personally!

By asking fun and interactive questions, HumbleDot offers teams the opportunity to get to know each other.

Pros

Humbledot is a great and fun way to share information with your teammates. Other than just letting everyone know what are your priorities for the week, it promotes engagement at a personal level!

Cons

I can't think of anything specific. The usability is great.

Hi Isabelle! Thanks for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us on Capterra! We appreciate the positive feedback!

Ingenious idea for Team communication!!

Pros

I love that our team has a very informal way to communicate throughout the week and keep each other in the loop regarding priorities. This makes it much easier for us to jump in and offer support or ideas to each other that we may not have had the opportunity to without Humble Dot.

Cons

The count of how many you have participated in lol not really a Con, just makes me feel bad about myself when the number decreases!!

Hi Magen! Thanks for using Humble Dot! We think our product is pretty ingenious, too! We love that your team is utilizing us and finding that it's been helpful while communicating team priorities. We chuckled a little bit about your comment regarding the check-in count. It means, be sure to always fill in your check-ins! We have a healthy competition here at Humble Dot to ensure we keep our check-in streaks alive! If at any point you have questions or more feedback, please let us know by messaging us on our website using Intercom. Thank you!

It does what it’s supposed to

Pros

It’s very easy to use and it does what it’s supposed to. It makes it easy for teams to communicate with each other in way to update what each person is working on.

Cons

I think it’s mainly the fact that it can be over used. In our case it was a replacement for 1:1. Also it seems unidirectional and might seem my responses went into the void.

Amazing tool for teams!

Humble dot is a game changer for teams, especially distributed teams. I work remotely and it allows me to keep up-to-date with my team members, especially those I don't talk to every day, in less than 5 minutes a week. We use it to not only for weekly updates, but to also give feedback and build relationships, with questions like "What was your favourite toy growing up?" and "How can we work better as a team" These questions help people build relationships and makes me feel like I know everyone on my team better now, which helps you relate to them as people. It gives everyone an equal opportunity to talk, and makes updates so much more time effective for everyone involved.

Pros

I was recently introduced to Humble Dot and fell in love with it instantly. It's an amazing way to keep teams and managers up-to-date with what everyone is working on. I wish I'd known about this in my last role as I think this would have been a game changer for them. Instead of spending hours in boring team meetings each week where everyone just repeats the same thing, Humble dot allows teams to keep...

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like yet. If you don't customise the questions each week, it could get a bit repetitive perhaps, but we start with a different question each week that makes it interesting and I look forward to it each week.

Great tool for team integration

My overall experience with Humble Dot has been great. Meet my expectations.

Pros

Humble dot is great if you are looking for an easy to use tool that will help your team to get together and know each other better.

Cons

Now that my team has been using it for a while the random (funny) questions started to repeat itself.

Hi Carolina! Thank you for taking the time to review Humble Dot and for providing us with feedback! We appreciate it! We are already in the works to expand the questions we offer, especially since you've used us for a while. We are ecstatic that your experience has been great! If you have any further feedback or questions, feel free to message us on our website using Intercom. Thanks again!

Simple for users!

Our previous manager is currently on paternity leave, so our current manager is covering two teams, making him (understandably) extremely busy. As such, he is usually unable to communicate with us directly, so we effectively have a remote manager experience. Humble Dot has made the transition much easier, since our new manager has a central location to find or documented testimonies! I think our previous manager enjoyed it too, so we’re probably going to continue using it after he’s back from paternity leave as well. It’s useful!

Pros

As an end user, I enjoy the mix of casual questions and job-related questions which allows for team bonding and surfacing concerns at the same time.

Cons

There could be a wider pool of cultural questions (I’ve seen repeated questions on a few occasions in <6 months), and the team manager needs to be active in reading, responding, and creating/modifying private questions if he or she wants the team to remain engaged with the tool, as team members generally have the option to engage in conversation outside of the platform, using whatever messaging tools that are available to them. In that sense, a badly maintained Humble Dot is a bother for end users.

Great teambuilding

I love the easiness of use and how interactive it was

Pros

This is a great way to connect remote teams and get conversations started. This also helped me and my team hold each other accountable.

Cons

Sometimes it can be repetitive and offer the same questions and suggestions.

Hi Eduardo! Thanks for leaving us a positive review of Humble Dot! Your feedback is noted!

My Weekly Humble Dot

I love Humble Dot weekly!

Pros

What I like the most about Humble Dot are the random questions that bring the team together and make it possible for us to get to know each other better even with physical distance.

Cons

I think would be good to have a few multiple options questions and then some charts to understand the team.

Hi Carolina! Thanks for your positive review of Humble Dot! We love that your team is closer because of the fun and random social questions. Thank you for the feedback--this has been noted for our product team!

Humble Dot, easy / funny and helpful

Pros

Funny and easy to use. Great for home-office teams

Cons

Too simple, it could have more features to make things more entertaining

Hi Ricardo! Thanks for reviewing and using Humble Dot! We appreciate feedback on our product, especially when it means adding features you think would make Humble Dot fun and more entertaining. If you have specific suggestions, feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!

Humble Dot makes transparency and weekly checkins a breeze

Pros

Humble Dot makes it easy to create transparency throughout the team. We use it for full team check-ins at the beginning and end of the week. The culture questions are engaging and help facilitate vulnerability.

Cons

Not always the most intuitive. Seems like the new streak tracking feature is off.

HumbleDot helps me have more meaningful 1:1s

I have better 1:1 meetings with my manager and have a better idea of how I've been feeling and what I've been working on over time. I've been trying to keep a better journal of this sort of thing for years, and thanks to HumbleDot I'm finally doing it.

Pros

I look forward to writing my checkin each day. It's really helpful to look back over what happened during the day and then compare with my past checkins. Then, when I have 1:1 meetings with my manager, I have a nice list of specific things that happened since the last time we talked and its easy to have productive conversations.

Cons

If you just log in and aren't in the middle of writing a checkin, it's hard to see previous checkins. Also, my team prefers to keep our checkins private, and so there is a lot of wasted space where I can see where my peer's checkins would show, if they weren't private. I also don't understand the name.

Hi Morgan! Thanks for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We love that our product is helping make your 1:1s more productive and that it's helping you keep track of your progress! Thanks for the feedback around seeing previous check-ins. Depend on the team, I see your feedback around the blank space answers from your teammates would normally go. Maybe, it could be a suggestion to open up some questions (as appropriate) to be a team check-in? Last, the story of our name, Humble Dot, is best described at the following link: (http://www.planetary.org/explore/space-topics/earth/pale-blue-dot.html). Our name refers to the Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

POS Software

We are a remote team so by using Humble Dot it makes it easy for us to keep in touch both professionally and personally!

Pros

I really enjoy it because of how interactive it is. !

Cons

As far as cons, I have not discovered any! I enjoy it.

Hi Kayla! Thanks for leaving us a positive review of Humble Dot!

LOVE already and it’s only been a week and a half

So far so good- Shout out to the rep for all the help and push to get this going for our team.

Pros

Truely brings the team together and opens your eyes to things that are going wrong when you did not know or things that could be fixed for better all work environment and functionality. Gives staff a voice which in our situation most employees struggled to be heard. Great source of communication and it’s fun as well!

Cons

I wouldn’t say I dislike anything as of right now but if you guys had an app it would be amazing. I juggle two emails and there’s no way I could have notifications turned on so in my experience this last week. I don’t get a notification as I would on an app when our check ins are live so not that I dislike it but I wish I could get a reminder to pop up on an app verses my email.

We love that you're loving Humble Dot! An app is far on our road map, but maybe one day! Your feedback is definitely noted! We're happy to see our product is helping your team and giving voice to employees!

Great product

We use this software for our teams weekly goals. It saves us time and super simple to setup and use

Pros

Love ease of use. Also you don’t need to remember your login details when you come from an email reminder link

Cons

Haven’t run into an issue yet, we just use the basics on a weekly basis

Hi Scott! Thanks so much for using Humble Dot and taking the time to review us! We're glad that we're easy to use! If you have any further questions or feedback, feel free to message us on our website at any time using Intercom.

Really Useful for

Pros

Using this as a team prompts us to take the time to step back from the weeds of our work, set intentions going forward at the beginning of the week, reflect on the big wins, accomplishments, and learnings, and share those in a way that doesn't take a lot of time to share with others. We use the kudis and commenting quite a bit.

Cons

Nothing. It is a simple tool for a single purpose, and it works!

Humble Dot is the best!

Humble Dot has helped bond my team even more

Pros

It's easy to use and simple. The questions are customizable and are different every week. We love being able to use GIFs in our responses

Cons

The 24 hr window to complete questions makes it challenging on busy weeks

Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for your use of Humble Dot and for leaving us a positive review! We're glad that you're liking Humble Dot and that you love using GIFs in responses!

Connecting our team in an easy way

Pros

Cons

Would be nice to see the previous comments - sharing with the new team members these past activities.

Hi Camila! Thanks so much for using and reviewing Humble Dot! We love hearing positive feedback and how it's helping teams. Thank you for the feedback as well!

Fairly convenient

Pros

It’s simple and quick to fill out. It alerts you via slack and email.

Cons

I could be wrong but no SCIM support for auto provisioning. It would be nice to have email alerts and if you haven’t done it send a slack reminder.

Hi Sean! Thanks for reviewing us and for using Humble Dot! Currently, we only offer Google SSO! If you have specific questions, please feel free to message us on Intercom on our website! Thank you!

A neat way to do team check-ins

Pros

It is much better than the two weekly status meetings it replaced! The format is fun and the non-work questions generate interesting dialogue.

Cons

I wish you could post your own picture. Can't seem to do this. Some more text formatting features would be nice too. Considering it's all about expressing yourself, the formatting palette can seem a little lacking.

Humble Dot - LÜK Network

It keeps communication ongoing. That can be hard especially again since our team is mostly remote.

Pros

I love that there are questions and answers the whole company can see, especially with our company where we all work mostly remote. It allows us to still keep up withe everyone else and see where they’re at. The hidden questions that only our CEO can see are really cool too since they’re usually more robust and it helps him figure out bigger picture ideas for the company.

Cons

Instead of seeing “previous” comments for our companies Monday vs Friday goals that it reminded you of what you wrote on Monday. My days are really busy so sometimes it’s hard to even remember what my goal this week was vs last.

Team Integration: Check!

Pros

Humble Dot works as a great way for our team to sync on our weekly activities and create an environment to know a little bit more about each team member

Cons

The dropdown list on the mentions are so below

Hi Lais Nami! Thanks for using Humble Dot and leaving us a review! Thank you for your feedback and I've noted this down for our product team!

Pretty nice

Pros

It lets me store information I want to talk with my supervisor about for our one on one meetings so I do not forget as things go along, and the public questions have been good team bonding

Cons

The interface has been sometimes a little difficult to navigate when not jumping into a form from an email

Humble Dot Review

The benefits is to get to know your co-workers that you do not get a chance to work with on a daily basis. It's fun.

Pros

Getting to know other's better by using this software

Cons

I would like to add pictures or GIF's If you can I don't know how.

Hi Junius! Thanks so much for using Humble Dot and reviewing us! I noticed you may not have been able to add photos or GIFs. When you are filling out your check-ins, there should be some symbols on the bottom right-hand corner in your text box. You should be able to click the smiley face to add emojis, the GIF button to search up and add gifs, and the paperclip to add files or photos. We hope this will allow you to express yourself in different ways! If you have any questions, please let our team know by messaging us on our website. Thanks!

Great for remote teams

It’s been fun and helped me get to know my teammates better.

Pros

This software helps us collaborate better as a fully remote team.

Cons

I’m not sure. It’s hard to say is the lack of diverse questions is our admins or the software

Hi Brent! Thanks so much for your review and use of Humble Dot! We're glad we're helpful to your fully remote team. In terms of the diversity of questions, we are adding more question into the software overall that managers can shuffle through, If there are specific questions that your admins/managers have set up, those may be set questions that they want to be answered each check-in. If you have more questions, respond to this review or go ahead and reach our team on Intercome located on our website. Last, we are glad that Humble Dot has been fun!

Humble Dot, Fast and Fun

Pros

* Easy to setup, and easy to use. * The workflow is simple, you get an email, and you fill out some team questions! * It almost feels like a ritual of our company, it's fun to go on an see everyone's custom public answers. * We as a team love to laugh or give kudos to the best posts. * We use it as a 1 on 1 check-in as well, to preload some questions before our meetings, and it's perfect for that use case! It takes a few minutes, and we're done.

Cons

* I suppose the only thing I can think of is an indication of what the sparkles around someone's icon means. It means a streak! But that was super apparent right away.