Tungsten Power PDF Logo

Tungsten Power PDF: Built on 20 years of Innovation

Tungsten Power PDF Reviews - Page 2

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Every Day User

Printing out drawings from Autodesk Inventor, creating PDF files from word documents, merging files

Pros

Creating one file from both together: PDF files and JPG files

Cons

Finding recently opened files, e.g. from my downloads. Kofax does not have them in its list.

JC

Jason C.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Decent for the price but there are better options

Pros

Kofax accomplishes what it sets out to do. It is very functional with a lot of features.

Cons

The interface is generally clunky, complicated, and lags. While it has tons of functionality, there is a sense that the entire application could use quite a bit more polishing. Everything works, but could be easier. It works for my users and is cheaper than the name brand, but my users beg me to go back to the name brand because of these issues. I also hate the licensing. When you buy, you only get the version available at that time with no promise of even security updates. You better save the installation package because you likely won't be able to download it again.

DP

David P.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

More bang for your buck.

We needed a fast reliable PDF program that could do then just view documents and this was the clear winner.

Pros

Power PDF is easy to use and full featured. I am not a fan of having to pay subscriptions for everything, so this is fantastic one-time purchase. You don't need a cloud account it just works.

Cons

There are some occasional issues with PDF forms generated from other PDF programs, but they are fairly easy to work around.

Imi C.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Power PDF Advanced for Windows Not to be confused with Standard

It is a highly recommended package with a price tag that can be affordable or value for money, if you have that to spend. It is sometimes best to have multiple document come together in PDF editor. This package will do a great job from combining file to bates stamping with advanced formatting and page positioning, page numbering with section control.

Pros

It has all the bells of a paid PDF editor package./ However, the impact is with the batch process functions that can be used to perform actions such as multi file optimization and other programmatic activities that applied to multiple document in one folder. I also can say that the OCR functionalities seem to be a bit better than other packages that I have investigated. This is now my main package but...

Cons

I think it is a but pricy. I don't like the companies licensing policy. The process to move licenses from one PC to another is a bit difficult, especially if you don't have the original PC at hand, eg. when your harddisk is destroyed or failed.

PS

Paul S.

Construction, self-employed

Best for my small business

As I outlined above in "Pros", Power PDF was the solution to outputting the forms and reports I needed to provide to my customers.

Pros

I have been using this PDF software since before it was purchased by Kofax. I needed affordable PDF software for the creation and completion of forms used for inspections and for the conversion of reports created in other software to PDF format. Final reports, in PDF format, are then electronically sent to clients. The ability to "flatten" these forms and reports to preclude modification is an important feature.

Cons

Power PDF provides the solutions required for my business. The switch several years ago to the ribbon toolbar was a small learning curve but an improvement in the long run.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent Less Expensive Alternative to Bigger Brands

I have had a very positive overall experience with Kofax. I got the functionality I needed without paying at huge one time fee or a monthly subscription fee. I would definitely recommend it as an alternative to its big competitor.

Pros

This software offers almost all of the same features as its major competitor at a fraction of the cost. There are no monthly subscriptions to deal with and there are frequently promotions for upgrades to the latest version if needed. It offers text editing, digital signatures, comments, pdf creation, combining documents into one PDF and much much more. It's a well rounded product with a great price.

Cons

The only thing that really stands out is that the customer service isn't the best I've ever received. Their online help system feels a little outdated and clunky so it's usually faster to just wade through it and figure it out yourself. On the plus side, it's fairly user friendly so that doesn't take a lot of doing.

BH

Bill H.

Real Estate, self-employed

Why I use Kofax Power PDF

This product allows me to edit and modify PDFs which are the end product of my business. Without this I would be forced to use a MUCH more expensive competitor, or a second rate product.

Pros

The ability to edit PDFs, resort pages, and extract, remove, and append documents and PDFs to an original PDZF

Cons

Some of the user interface items such as sizing, rotating, and other tool bar items in a major competitor are easier to use.

SS

Sudhir S.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

A smart pdf solution for your business

Kofax Power pdf is perhaps one of the best pdf reader, editor and converter. The best part is that it is reasonably cheaper than Adobe and serves a lot of purpose. I and my team has been using Kofax Power pdf extensively for our clients where we would send them statements of their accounts/holdings.

Pros

One of the best features of Kofax Power pdf that I like is it's encryption. As a user I find the password protection a document a lot easier than Adobe pdf. it's editor is very efficient as well and automatically detects the texts for editing. Optical character recognition (OCR) is very much enhanced and reads the images.

Cons

Where I struggled in Kofax Power pdf is with its electronic signatures. The option to electronically sign a document seems to be a bit complex and requires a user to perform a good number of steps before a document can be electronically signed.

fb

fabrizio b.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Kofax applicazione di discreto livello, migliorabile in molte parti. Assistenza remota e attivazione

Buon programma complessivamente, ma la gestione delle attivazioni mi rende insicuro.Sto cercando alternative che non mi facciano dipendere da servizio clienti estero, perchè il software è importante per il mio lavoro e non posso rischiare di non averlo attivo random!

Pros

L'interfaccia simile a Office a differenza di Adobe PDF PRO

Cons

La parte dell'attivazione è terribile. Se aggiorni windows in maniera importante (ma stesso PC) ti chiede nuova attivazione. Dopo quattro attivazioni se il Windows ha una variazione importante nel suo Update come apri kofax ti chiede di attivare di nuovo. Ma non si attiva perchè hai esaurito le possibilità.Il software non ti offre (come altri programmi) la gestione delle attivazioni. E se per caso devi formattare tutto all'improvviso, quella installazione rimane attiva e se ti serve il programma su una nuova installazione (stesso PC) devi attendere di contattare in America il servizio e sperare che resettino le installazioni. Pessimo. Mi hanno detto di non aggiornare il sistema operativo, oppure di togliere Kofax prima di aggiornare e poi rimetterlo!! Folle.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

iM

ileen M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Does not OCR as advertised.

Nothing to report. If it does not work for my intended purpose, it is as if it is a 10# rock around my neck. They need a place to search for specific error messages. This company only offers 30 days of help and then you get to BUY IT.

Pros

Has some more options than Nuance. Like the new feel.

Cons

I have been using Nuance Power PDF for years and am very disappointed in this new company that bought Nuance. This software continues to give and error that it is unable to convert a pdf to an ocr pdf. I have uninstalled , installed, turned off my firewall, allowed execution of the software through my virus protection, etc, etc, etc. to no avail. There were NO search matches for my error within their portal AND or Google. I would stay with the Nuance version. It is more stable and reliable. I am out of options on how to fix this error. BEYOND FRUSTRATING. I have tried to login and get support but there is no immediate assistance and I am forced to wait two days to just get access to another portal for help.

Legal Services, self-employed

Best PDF solution for business

Given the incredibly full set of features in this product, I am amazed that it is priced so low. I think it actually works better with PDF documents than Adobe's Acrobat product. And I love the uncluttered, easy to use interface. Just seems like a perfect choice for any business, but especially worthwhile for small businesses that can't afford the overpriced alternatives.

Pros

Excellent conversion capabilities so moving from PDF to Word is truly effortless. I have also used Adobe Acrobat for converting PDF files, but Acrobat tends to place text into boxes where Power PDF Advanced simply creates workable Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Does a wonderful job of reducing file sizes. In some cases, I have been able to reduce files sizes by up to 80%, which is great if you are working within an e-mail system that has file size limits. Does an amazing job of inserting accurate bookmarks (automatically) when combining multiple documents. Redaction is effortless and the Bates numbering feature is perfect for law offices.

Cons

I wish the document comparison feature worked a little better. It does create a comparison of documents, but tends to identify a whole paragraph as being replaced when only a sentence may have been added or deleted, so it makes it difficult to accurately represent changes when sharing with clients or colleagues.

HC

Henly C.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Affordability with functionality

Very positive.

Pros

Cost: Significant savings over Acrobat Pro when considered enterprise wide. Functionality: All the bells and whistles of Acrobat Pro including document compression, redaction, compare, etc. We didn't find any functional deficiencies in Nuance Power PDF Advanced. Ease of use: Because of cost savings, we were able to roll this product out to many more users. Most of them were using the product with...

Cons

It wasn't a complete replacement for Adobe. Some applications were specifically looking for Adobe to open PDFs and we could not find a reliable way to redirect the Adobe call to Nuance. In those situations, Adobe reader had to be installed on the desktop. But Nuance could also be installed for document manipulation.

JH

Jayne H.

Veterinary, 201-500 employees

An Essential Tool for anyone in business

I have used Power PDF for more than 10 years and have found it to be a completely essential part of my daily work. I have it on my computer at work and also at home and I could not live without it.

Pros

The versatility of this product exceeds anything else available today.

Cons

I would like to be able to add pictures or other objects more easily. However, this IS possible and hasn't kept me from using Power PDF in this way.

Michael O.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Must have tool in the office

Pros

It just works. No quirks, intuitive interface and simple to make the most of the software. I've been using it for years (and in another role use a different pdf tool as part of a corporate standard) and see the differences. PowerPDF is so much easier to use and increases productivity. Often, I move docs from one computer to another so I can use PowerPDF instead of the other.

Cons

It can be pricey for small office/SOLO's

FL

Field L.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Excellent Non-Cloud Product!

A fantastic alternative to Adobe. Even better if you don't want to move to the cloud.

Pros

I like that it is NOT cloud based. I prefer to use it on my own computer and network.

Cons

There are some tune-ups that are needed like the highlighting feature. But, overall, excellent!

WM

Will M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Kofax Power PDF Advanced

I bought a license for this program on Amazon so I would not have to continuously pay a subscription fee.

Pros

Kofax Power PDF Advanced is a very powerful PDF program, it has almost every feature I need for my small business. The Bates Stamp feature is essential to my business, as is the redaction feature. For a fraction of the price, this program works as well or better than Adobe Acrobat.

Cons

There are not really any cons. Once the program is installed and customized, it works very well. My only complaint is a minor one. I would like an option to add a shape such as a rectangle or circle, without having to include a comment with it.

NE

Nigel E.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

A lot of bang for your Buck

Pros

So many features it would take too long to this them here but the ability to edit PDF's and convert to office formats are really easy as is the ability to produce PDF forms, far less expensive than Adobe but just as powerful if not more so.

Cons

The help guide could be better & the ribbon could be better

Construction, 201-500 employees

Great PDF Software

Sorting through old equipment files which can sometimes be 300+ files in one while using the document assembly and split features made that process much easier!

Pros

The document assembly feature and split features are very helpful if you are dealing with multiple documents often. The editing features are fairly simple to use and the secured signature features are wonderful.

Cons

I frequently use the "Text Box" option for editing or making notes on PDFs, I really wish there was the option of selecting "no color" for the comment box borders. Sometimes when trying to copy and paste a comment box onto another open PDF, the box randomly pastes vertically and I have not found a way to rotate the box itself which can be frustrating.

HG

Hendry G.

Package/Freight Delivery, 1-10 employees

Trabajo de documentos mas facilidad.

Mi experienza de manera general muy positiva muy recomendablepara las empresas que necesitan constantemente la edición de documentos y creación de los mismos. exelentes herramientas en funcion de los documentos.

Pros

Lo que mas me ha gustado es la integracion para dar acceso a mas personas a determinado textos.

Cons

Se podrida integrar con mas app. aumentar mas ediciones y funcionalidades.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

MV

Matthew V.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Excellent Adobe Alternative

I was introduced to Power PDF advanced at a previous employer and recommended it for my current employer. I do a lot of document control type work and it is a vital software that makes the job much easier than fighting with free versions which, if they offer functionality, often extremely limit page output daily or more expensive software with the same or slightly more features.

Pros

Software has many powerful features at a fraction of the cost of Adobe

Cons

Some of the features can be a bit difficult to find and buried in a non-intuitive menu (but most common commands are easily accessible)

DE

Daniel E.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Great value intuitive product.

Good, works as advertised, simple to navigate.

Pros

Reader, editing, combining files and electroni.

Cons

Saving a file with edits can cause issues with opening in other PDF programs. This is an issue since we send out PDFs to clients.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Better than Adobe

I'm a long-time user who depends on PDF for all my document management and form signing

Pros

All the features of Acrobat without the high price

Cons

Some issues with licensing were frustrating but easily solved

JC

Jim C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Excellent PDF Document Management

I love the ability to create a PDF form from an existing document.

Pros

Ability to edit and merge PDF documents. Ability to create PDF Forms.

Cons

I wish that some of the editing tools were easier to find and use - especially blanking out non- essential information.

PC

Patrick C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

PDF Reader/Editor alternative

I have used Power PDF since version 2 (maybe even version 1) and have seen many improvements from then until now (version 5). I really like its versatility, ease of use and user friendliness. I use Power PDF to create fillable forms for both my company and the service organisations I belong to, so it is quite a valuable tool in that respect. In my opinion Power PDF is price about right and has all of the features I need and more.

Pros

I really like the ability to add my information into forms as well as being able to create my own forms. I have used Power PDF since version 2 and have gotten to know many of the featured in the app. The ones I know and use the most are the Compile and Create and the commenting. Making one PDF out of many and being able to sort them is important to me.

Cons

The commenting tools can be a little cumbersome and I think it would be an improvement to have a floating toolbar to be able to click on textboxes etc. This is a small thing and easy to work around.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

PDF file managememnt

Other the features I mentioned, it has many others, including but not limited to: splitting documents, custom comments, security, advanced processing, linking to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. If you work with PDFs - this is a very useful app. I am old enough to remember when we thought PDFs couldn't be modified at all.

Pros

I use Kofax mainly for the following with PDF documents * Sign the documents (save your signature in your machine, and you can add it as an icon; you can have multiple signatures, and assign them names * Type notes on the documents * Combine 2 or more documents - you can decide the order * Use other stamps - "Urgent" etc. There is a number of predefined stamps, and you can create your own.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues with Kofax. I do not recall what we used before, that other system was much slower, and didn't have all the features.