Tungsten Power PDF Logo

Tungsten Power PDF Reviews - Page 3

Lynne M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Purchased Nuance (Kofax Power PDF) after comparison to Acrobat Adobe

Very difficult to get customer support. Impossible to reach anyone by telephone - only e-mail, so you're at the mercy of the person on the other end. Others in my company who utilize more functions refused to switch from Acrobat Adobe; they were smart. I will be purchasing Acrobat Adobe Pro today and removing Kofax Power PDF from my computer. In the end, I spent more money by purchasing this product.

Pros

Has all the features I needed at a much lower cost (at the time.)

Cons

It seemed that every time I had a windows update I would get error messages when using Kofax. (Had other error messages over the past couple of years, too. ) Historically I was able to get support but apparently, since I purchased this through my IT guy, now they will not help me. Even after sending them the receipt and product key. (And I used to have a login for their website.)

Chemicals, 201-500 employees

Kofax Power PDF, a prefered PDF Editor

Pros

I have found that Kofax Power PDF is extremely easy to use and less intrusive than other PDF editing programs.

Cons

I have not yet found anything I do not like.

Marcy H.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nuance PowerPDF Pro Exceptional Product!

I prefer this product to other PDF apps! The UI is super simple and intuitive, with applicable features, tabs, & buttons showing up as you use it, and structured on the screen where it’s easy to access them. Multiple ways to do one thing, the way users work...right click menu, keyboard shortcuts, use the icons on the tabs, drop down menus-relevant to the task you’re performing. Super easy drag and...

Pros

User interface Great OCR Search options

Cons

Note & Comment weren’t consistently named

MM

Michael M.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Nuance is a GREAT Alternative to Adobe

Nuance Power PDF Advanced allows me to create, edit and manipulate PDFs, just like Adobe and other competitors, but for a lesser cost.

Pros

Nuance Power PDF Advanced as ALL of the features I need to efficiently and effectively create, manipulate, sign and distribute PDFs

Cons

Sometimes the features I need are buried in the menu -- the "titles" of the features do not always adequately describe its functionality

JH

Jules H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Kofax Power PDF

Pros

En tant que chargé de communication, ce logiciel me facilite beaucoup la tâche en terme de gestion de documents PDF. Je trouve Kofax Power PDF meilleur logiciel de manipulation de doc pdf suite à plusieurs analyse de mon expérience. Non seulement, il est simple pour utilisation, mais aussi, il me permet de convertir en quelques clics les fichiers de PDF vers autres formats vice-versa, de fusionner plusieurs fichiers en un document, d'annoter et de sécuriser mes fichiers.

Cons

Depuis longtemps que je suis familiarisé avec Kofax Power PDF, je n'ai pas encore eu de déception.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review of Power PDF! - Gordon

VJ

Valerie J.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product, would recommend to anyone!

Pros

The ease behind this program has been very beneficial. I don't find myself struggling to get what I need to done or Googling for help.

Cons

The only part I faced that was challenging was switching from a different program - that said, once I got the hang of Kofax, I was good to go from there.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Kofax Power PDF review

Pros

I like how easy it is to combine multiple files across different file types, as well as easily reduce the file size for ease of sharing

Cons

I feel like the text editing functions could be improved, especially the ability to highlight text continuously

KA

Karen A.

Real Estate, self-employed

Kofax cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat

The experience is good, but I miss Adobe Acrobat Pro

Pros

No annual subscriptions! No annual subscriptions! No annual subscriptions! I started with this software (version 3) because it came free with my Epson scanner Then I upgraded to the version 5. It does the job.

Cons

It is not the same as Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Acrobat is easier in several vital functions (like merging documents). Also, Kofax is slow to load when viewing only a document.

Thanks for your review. Glad you're saving $$$ and happy with version 5 of Power PDF! Try the page assembly feature to merge documents, many have found it simple to use.

DM

Dustin M.

Computer Hardware, 201-500 employees

Blows Adobe out of the water!

The ability to convert documents to and from PDF. The ability to easily make PDF's at a very affordable price. The product is also very easy to operate as some of my end users are not the most technically gifted.

Pros

I have been using this product for a long time and it is easily a far better value than any Adobe product. Making PDF's is a breeze with this thing and it's also very easy to make encrypted documents which I need to make often since there is a lot of patient information involved. The multitudes of options it presents you with when you right click on a document is amazing. It can easily compile, append, or overlay multiple documents into one PDF. It also converts everything to and from PDF and has a great auto-form tool. Best of all this product is compared to Adobe license costs.

Cons

There's really only one gripe I have about this software and that is the blazingly bright purple that makes up the color scheme for this product. They should really add an easy way to choose a different color scheme.

CC

Craig C.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

An Excellent and Affordable PDF Tool

I learned about Kofax while on a work project. A team member shared they were unable to easily manipulate PDFs, even though they need to so daily. We switched them over the Kofax and the rest is history: They now have access to an affordable PDF tool that performs the way it should with additional functions. Now I’m a believer and we as a company are looking to make the switch soon!

Pros

I like that Kofax retains the basic functionality you’d expect but at a much more affordable price point. It does what you need it to do, and well.

Cons

The interface took some getting used to, but that’s more the fault of the user and not the software.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees

A very useful tool and does not require subscription to each feature individually

I am very happy with Power PDF, it has met all my needs without getting a message that to do anything it will cost additional money as the default PDF reader does.

Pros

Power PDF is easy to use, fill out documents, combine documents and everything else.

Cons

It could use some more drawing tools and the ability to highlight multiple items without selecting to highlight every time.

JT

John T.

Computer Software, self-employed

Killer PDF Tool

Pros

Kofax Power PDF is simple and easy to use

Cons

Probably the cost is the thing I like least.

PT

Phyliss T.

Printing, self-employed

EXCEPTIONAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Very cost effective and user friendly. Love this product and has drastically cut overall business costs.

Pros

I highly recommend Nuance PDF. After using the competitors software for years, I looked for a less expensive alternate that didn't charge monthly software fees. Nuance PDF allows me to create PDFs from various software products such as excel, word, publisher and the like. Easy download and integration with existing business processes. Very user friendly, easy one step PDF creation and has 600 resolution needed for printing professional marketing pieces. Outstanding!!!

Cons

The only feature I miss from the competitor is creating the PDF into a black copy before going to print. However our printers will print black ink only from a color PDF so we don't miss this feature as much as I originally thought we would and with the high 600 resolution, they produce a very professional print.

KD

Kathryn D.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Adobe Acrobat Replacement

Pros

The switch from Adobe Acrobat to Nuance took some getting used to, but ultimately I'm able to use all the same functionality for a lower price. I use Nuance daily for splitting, combining, editing, creating editable forms, and more. You're able to highlight, add text, and use stamps or signatures. As far as I can tell it's completely comparable to Acrobat.

Cons

The initial set up and learning where certain functions or buttons were located.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Using KOFAX

Converting docs to excel or word. Merging and Splitting PDF docs

Pros

Ease of use, easy to install, once off payment no subscription

Cons

Converts excel to multiple sheets as opposed to whole doc on 1 page

Mahmudul islam S.

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to complete pdf editing work

Opening large size drawing and making report is my daily work. For this I need good editing pdf , which should be fast also. Kofax Power Pdf helps me complete all editing files ( splitting, marging, editing, signature).

Pros

In Kofax Power Pdf, I can easily open all kind of pdf easily, my drawing pdf files usually in big size, open very easily in this application. Editing is also simple, UI interface is very cool. I did not need extra training to use the features perfectly. Splitting files and create files from is very quick to complete. Files marging is very helpful to me complete my reports. Bates numbering can outnumber all competition of pdf editing.

Cons

There is not such problem I faced during my use, but I feel likes ,big drawing files takes little bit time to open. Few weeks earlier on e my software crash. They continuously updating, hopefully they keep doing good work.

BB

Brody B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Nuance Use

I have been using Nuance for over 3 years now. I have liked there software and have always received great customer service.

Pros

Nuance is very user friendly and simple to navigate for first time users.

Cons

It seems to crash often when working with larger files.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Ease of Use but needs tweaking

Pros

It has everything you need, and more, compared to other PDF Editor/Reader softwares

Cons

Does not translate Adobe edited files on a 1-1 match base.

RM

Rimetz M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

un lecteur PDF complet

Un produit que je peux dire exceptionnel . Je peux faire tellement de choses avec ce logiciel. Je suis très heureux de l’avoir tous les jours afin de gérer mes taches. Tous les jours, je l’utilise pour mes tâches, petites ou grandes. C’est mon principal lecteur PDF.

Pros

Je trouve que le logiciel est complet dans l'édition et la remise en forme de fichiers PDF et son utilisation me fait gagner un temps considérable dans mes divers taches tous les jours.

Cons

parfois des difficultés afin de modifier le texte ou pas possible du tout c'est dommage pour un logiciel payant

Showing original review in French. See translation

ev

elisabetta v.

Machinery, 1,001-5,000 employees

very helpful during Covid-19

very happy about the inexpensive product. Sometimes more powerful than other tools on the market. I was among the decision making group and I will chose this software again

Pros

Conversion of the PDF file to different type of files and also the Stamp functionality. During Covid the stamp functionality has allowed easy review and signatures processe

Cons

complex/long PDF sometime do not convert properly to the new format requested. Other cases it is a little complicated to select the pages in order to re-organize the sequence, but this is a question of practice.

WD

Wes D.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Better that the original

Its an easier product to use that Adobe and they aren't trying to Nickle and dime me to use the most popular features

Pros

Product is very easy to use and much better price compared to the Adobe

Cons

There are no problems I have encountered

PW

Patty W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Product, Very Useful!

I do a lot of billings every month and most of my documents are PDF, without Kofax Power PDF, it would take me 5 times longer to generate the billings and all the lien releases that are associated with them.

Pros

I have been using a PDF Converter for 20+ years and have introduced many people to the programs. Power PDF saves so much time with being able to type or edit in a PDF, I use it several times a day. The money saved by being able to work in a PDF rather than hand writing everything is amazing.

Cons

I don't have any cons except I would set up the toolbars differently and make that part more user friendly.

LW

Lewis W.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great product for managing PDFs

Every business needs a PDF writer. Power PDF is the right product for a reasonable price.

Pros

Power PDF is easy to use and gets the job done. it doesn't annoy users with trying to upsell their product. I especially like the ability to OCR a document.

Cons

Converting a PDF to an Excel file can be tricky, but it can be done.

mb

misty b.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Good product, will continue to use.

Pros

Ease of use on features, easy to find the items I need to use.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes while combining or trying to print large documents.

PC

Pablo Calero C.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

A powerful PDF editor with no subscription fees

Very easy to use without monthly payments

Pros

Permanent licensingEasy to useGood for annotations and drawing over the document

Cons

Some errors while printing large documents