LiquidText Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

Reviews by rating

Great app to process documents, extract ideas and construct content maps. LiquidText is superb when it comes to combining original content with notes and organizing information in user-generated maps.
The ease with which it allows me to engage with the text: it helps me pinpoint the important, the useful, and underline the impressive lines distinctly.
This is very easy to use but as powerful as you want it to be. The company adds useful features on a regular basis and listens to the users.
Sometimes it freezes in my ipad and at times even after using the erasure i am unable to erase the line I had drawn. It remains there to disturb my reading.
Also, the citation option while exporting is useless because it mentions the page number of the document as 1, 2, 3 depending on the number it is at in the document.
File management UI within app and to other apps is terrible.

love love love it

It has solved my need to print a hard copy of new laws or cases so that I can highlight the relevant items and annotate the material.

Pros

Since I move around a lot for meetings, and am rarely at the office, I rely on soft copies of documents for my research. I used to put them in Evernote, since each document would be a page. However, it gets tedious sorting through the documents one by one. Here the documents are lined up. Also I get to preserve my highlights on the soft copy. Ever since the pandemic, my underbar employee has been working from home. Sometimes, even I work from home. I just have them email me the soft copies of the documents needed. I don't need to print.

Cons

The more functions it has, the harder it is to remember what to press or how to reset it so that I can access certain things.

YK

Yumi K.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Best for reviewing

Thank you for creating LiquidText! Ever since I started using LiquidText my studying & working jouney is more innovative. I love that you guys are putting a lot of effort in improving this app and that makes me want to continue using this app even more. Keep up!

Pros

What I like about LiqidText is that it's very easy to write, organize, and review notes acorss the document. It's almost like studying with an actualy notebook & pen but much better because it's paper-less! Especially for intense studying or reviewing it is so helful. I am a professional who's always reviewing for different licensure exams and I need to take a lot of notes in a single document. Being able to take as much notes as possible without minding how much blank space I have in a page is a great feeling and it makes my reviewing more efficient & productive.

Cons

I'm not very fond of the user interface. As a person who uses a lot of different apps (especially note-taking apps & PDF apps) in iOS, the user interface of LiquidText feels a bit out-dated. I would want it to be more modern and sophisticated so it's more motivating. Also the price is bit expensive to recommend to anyone. I have a lot of friends who are still students and they tend to purcahse cheaper apps even though LiquidText is great.

TS

Timothy S.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Can be useful but need some basic functionality added

It has been helpful to take and organize notes. It reduces the time it takes to prep for writing a document. There are issues with the interface that make me hesitant to try more involved usage.

Pros

It is a great way to use notecards without using notecards. I can take excerpts and notes and organize them to use in writing reports.

Cons

The results of exporting notes is cumbersome - sections/workspaces are out of order and have to be rearranged. I would really like to be able to rename projects or duplicate them and rearrange them. I use on an iPad but the interface and controls sometimes feel like Unix/Linux poorly emulating a graphical user interface.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Best app to lead us to new insights.

Pros

Multiple documents can be connected. This gives me a new insights.

Cons

All documents are downloaded even if the terminal don’t have enough space.

MG

Manoj G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best buddy for documenting all at same place

It helps me a lot while documenting my patient sign symptoms and correlating them

Pros

I like linking two different topics from different documents at same place for comparision and to study them

Cons

I think that writing tools in a document can be inproved

PS

Pavitar S.

Newspapers, 501-1,000 employees

All rounder for Journalists!

complete package for Journalism.

Pros

Editing features are really good, highlighting the text, editing text, creating a doc and accessing multiple docs at a time are really useful for journalism and this serves the proper purpose with perfection. Also, it really works the best if you have an Apple ecosystem.

Cons

A few more note taking features can be added. This is good for note taking but if we try to make some art, it doesn't have proper brushes. I know this is not made for this but still, it would be really nice if this had these.

KR

Kartikey R.

Computer Networking, 501-1,000 employees

Could be a little bit better, but still the best

I switched from a free Apple app called Freeform just because of lack of features and I really took a good decision.

Pros

It's collaborative features are very useful and great. Also other tools like note taking, PDF sticky notes kinda things, editing pdf, mind maping are great features to consider. Used this for about 5 months and it has a tons of features that I like. Great support for documents. Even I can import pptx files and edit them which is a must feature to have.

Cons

Few things that can be added and are must to have:1. Document folder on main screen, so that we can categorize the document based on their purpose.2. User interface could be a little more user friendly. For a beginner, its a little bit hard to learn things.3. It's not available for android devices. Like atleast this must be available for samsung tab so that they can also get included in collaborative projects.

IB

Ira B.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Lags a little bit on older iPads

I have loved this app but the laggy interface on older iPads doesn’t feel good.

Pros

Best pdf application and all in one package for document management, reading, notes taking and all. Pro features like comment linking, mind maps are useful when using the iPad as a primary study device. Collaboration tools are really helpful when you are working with a team or working on a school project.

Cons

Could be optimised more for the older iPads. Sometimes lags a lot on my iPad 7th generation while taking notes or opening in Split View.

BH

Brian H.

Biotechnology, self-employed

Using LiquidText is my goto for annotating any kind of PDFs!

Pros

I like how I can color-code my highlights and update which colors are accessible as shortcuts.

Cons

I wish I could do more signatures like Adobe and how do I use the convert to PDF feature?

Sarah S.

Higher Education, self-employed

Mostly love

I used it for writing my MSc thesis and it was great for being able to pull out text which I put in categories- but importantly be able to find it again.

Pros

I love the fact that I can store multiple documents in one file and search within the whole set in one go - it really helps in synthesis of large amounts of text.

Cons

sometimes liquid text will shut down mid process. Also LT is much better to use on my iPad rather than my MacBook or iMac. Sometimes the search bar gets hidden on the Mac.

MH

Mallu Hima Tejeshwar R.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Needs more features

3 out of 5 . has Potential to be much better . Add goodparts of onenote , notability

Pros

1) Annotating PDF with ample white space 2) White spaces can be multiple workspaces3) Linking pages of PDF , sections of one pdf to other4) apple pencil on Liquid text feels much more fluid that on onenote5) Imports pdfs as pdfs not images 6) can import webpages7) Memory efficient unlike onenote

Cons

1)When scrolling the white space (workspace) If I happen to touch an image and scroll it moves the image to different location which is very annoying. Make it double tap to select image like in one note2)Can't take only notes by without adding Document3)Can't add shapes like rectangles, circles, axes etc4) I have to adjust my pencil size every time I write on workspace and then when I write on the...

RB

Raymond B.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Liquid Text for Academic Research

Pros

It's my go-to place now for collecting pdfs and extractions from books and the web for cross-correlating thematic topics into the workspace area. The cross linking is brilliant. Synchronization is reliable. That's originally why I left GoodNotes.

Cons

--> LINKS IN PDF'S!!!! This drives me crazy. Please fix it. o I need another layer of folders. Getting around is too linear especially given that I have multiple "lives" inside which do not overlap, but among which I work and navigate. o Tagging is weird and should be easier to manage. o I often find things on my phone and need a way to get links, pdfs, into liquid text. o I'd like more capability in writing in the workspace...akin to Goodnotes or Notability. o I'd like to have the ability to open JUST a workspace and use it like Goodnotes or Notability. o Importing is a little weird. Too often when I want to bring a document into LT, it ends up on the highest level area and I'm not given the ability to file it away where I want it.

ML

Matt L.

Increases Efficiency with Lower Learning Curve

It helps me organize multiple sources of data so that I can more efficiently draft briefs, articles, and outlines. I wish that I had this software in college and law school.

Pros

I appreciate that I can load non-HIPAA documents into the system and organize them by folders. As I'm reviewing the documents I can cut out the relevant portions. Once I've done that, drafting briefs, outlines, and summaries is much easier because the relevant content is organized and I'm not looking for random highlights in a myriad of PDFs.

Cons

The product is fairly buggy. I've had it shut down on me, and fail to open certain PDFs. I use it on the iPad and the PC, the sometimes the iPad version won't open certain files. I also think it should be HIPAA-certified so that we can review medical records and other sensitive documents.

FK

Fitrian K.

Research, 1-10 employees

typing and price

Love it. I am using it for research. Reading a lot of pdf pages in Arabic, Indonesia and English. For Arabic, most of pages are scanned.

Pros

Everything The price is worth it, except the subscribe :)

Cons

For me (Indonesian and not rich [yet :D]) the price is expensive, especially for subscribing. Arabic language is not fully supported yet (Right to Left, etc) Allow add page as same size on existing page on pdf

BM

Bongani M.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

Fluidity in LiquidText

I have tried other programs but Liquidtext is the best and meet the majority of my requirements.

Pros

It allows for collating of various documents and link critical data/information into your workbook to create a smooth flow of research/report/project content. Multi document searching function is one of the important features which makes it easier to track what you looking for and find specific content with ease. Ability to consolidate meeting notes and allow one to track open items and prepare for the next meeting.

Cons

The disappearing ink text when writing with Apple pencil; need to undo writing for the information to reappear. Inability to change ink color once written through the use of lasso selection.

EJ

Erika J.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

LiquidText- Seamless like liquid

Found worth the subscription plan and a tons of features.

Pros

Notes taking experience is good and also works in an imported doc. So works well for editing some too. Also, includes powerful features for every aspect like pdf editing, making notes, book reading and managing multiple docs at a time.As of my experience, I found this app getting better and better and new features are constantly added. There's no bug yet that I faced. Very smooth and fluid experience 👍

Cons

There are multiple plans available which is a bit confusing. They should give a free 7 or 15 days trial to try out all the features and then decided whether plan to choose from.

BO

Burak O.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

Best app for the literature review.

I am really enjoying with LiquidText.

Pros

To organize academic journal papers, reading and taking notes afterwards was a headache for me. Although there are a few famous tools for these purposes, their note taking capabilities were not sufficient for me. LiquidText literally solved every problem I had regarding this. Creating notes while reading a paper and linking them with the relevant paragraph/figures is the killer future of this app.

Cons

Syncing is sometimes slow. I cannot say it is bad but I definitely feel some lag and I am sure this is not related to connection. Also, I didn't like the monthly based subscription model. It's not directly related to the LiquidText. Although, I understand they are trying to create a reliable income, as a user, I hate the idea of paying monthly fees for every app on my devices.

AP

Aishee P.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Feature rich but can be optimized more for small screen devices

Probably the best available app for pdf and documents.

Pros

It packs all the features required for PDF management. We can edit, collaborate, make notes, mind maps and commenting are regular used features and serves their purpose well. Helps a lot by supporting almost all document types and all of the documents can be stored at one place. Totally satiesfied with this purchase.

Cons

On my iPad mini, this app can be more optimized in the terms of layout. Altough all features are great but buttons are a little bit small.

GS

Gunilla S.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Perfect for contractual work, document management and research

Cannot use in the EU with all documents, due to lack of description of data privacy

Pros

The canvas along the documents with the ability to jump back and forth

Cons

Still not stable enough for working together on one project. Partially due to synchronisation issues, and the approach of synchronising the whole project, when only some parts have been change.

VV

Vikram V.

Research, self-employed

Great tool needs working on synchronising

Greatly facilitated in reading and understanding complex new ideas in physics

Pros

Great way to organise the ideas in the paper I am reading. Specially visually connecting the different ideas and concepts.

Cons

Crashes almost always at starting both on my m1 iMac and on my MacBook 15 inch

LA

Lili A.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Lili

It’s been very helpful to review contracts and documents from the same transaction and to keep very useful annotations of several laws.

Pros

Being able to link text, take notes and to compare/review several documents at the same time.

Cons

If I need to review something from another Project it’s not very efficient.

EM

Elizabeth M.

Dairy, 1-10 employees

Make the app for Mobile Phone (Androi)

I really like it and I think it is very useful for me

Pros

I love being able to work on the document I need from different devices. Because of my job and professional orientation I have to read a lot and it is very useful to have access to all the tools to work, take notes and link ideas.

Cons

I can't use it on my phone too.... Pleace make the app for Phones!

NG

Nick G.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Exactly What I Needed

It's like it was designed specifically for responding to USPTO patent office actions.

Pros

Makes it easy to link together information spread across multiple documents. Processes that used to require me to print out multiple patents and other documents can now be accomplished entirely on-device, and done faster.

Cons

I wish the desktop client didn't feel so much like an iOS app. The user interactions are sometimes jarring, very different from pretty much every other desktop app. However, that is a small price to pay for having the desktop app at all.

SD

Shobhit D.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Liquid text easees the carrying bulky case files easy.

quite smooth and easy-to-use features. However, a slight improvement in excerpted notes is required(option to pin it).

Pros

carrying hard copies of cases is a tedious work, however, Liquidtext makes it easy to manage bulky case files.

Cons

Pricing of Liquidtext is quite expensive for young lawyers.

FV

Fernando V.

Civil Engineering, self-employed

it was a very pleasant experience to find this product

In general, it is a good experience. The issues to be improved are important to make it easier to work.

Pros

I really like using it to read books, reports, etc. and be able to underline them and mark important issues.

Cons

the difficulty of writing with the Apple Pencil, writing well and fast is very difficult