Lucidspark Logo

Virtual whiteboard solution for team collaboration

Lucidspark Reviews - Page 6

NW

Nicole W.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Product

So far, so good. Flow charts used to be intimidating to me, but this product has helped me to feel more comfortable with them.

Pros

I like how easy this product is to use. Most of the features can be figured out without question.

Cons

Some things take playing with to figure out the best process. However, I feel that is true for most software.

AJ

Ashton J.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great visual tool!

Pros

I like the visual aspect. I am able to easily present my strategy to team members.

Cons

I wish there was more edit-ability within each box i.e. being able to a hard return within the text box.

GM

Gerrit M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great of Workshops

I love to work with Lucidspark. It is the perfect solution for a whiteboard during online meetings.

Pros

It's self-explanatory to fill the boards. We use it for saving the results during online meetings.

Cons

It was not so easy to understand that every user can log in with their individual indentity to work collaboratively on projects.

WM

Wale M.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Good Thinking; Great Product

Pros

I was looking for a software that enables easy creation of UI/UX flows. Discovering Lucidspark's Lucidchart, finding out it is web-based thus easy to setup and start using in minutes, and then getting notified of a new product in the stable, i.e. the amazing and innovative Lucidspark, all contributed to sealing the deal to make me a big fan of the company and its products. Being a big adherent of providing outstanding user experiences, I can definitely say that the team behind Lucid are not just kindred spirit, but masters of the art.

Cons

The sharing feature was not too intuitive in its execution and I believe it can be simplified and made more intuitive.

KA

Kay A.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great alternative to Visio

I am doing workflow diagrams and this product is perfect. The templates are a very helpful starting point and I am able to do simple (but useful)things easily. It will take me some time and experience to get fully up to speed to understand all the product functionality, but once I am there I am sure this will be my go-to product.

Pros

Lucidspark allows me to do quick diagrams with lots of visual refinement. I can basically do all the charting work that I need to do with this product at a fraction of the cost of alternatives.

Cons

I am just learning the product and need to spend time to get up to speed with it. Some of the use paradigms are different from what I am familiar with

HH

Heike H.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy touse

Very easy to use. I will definitely use it for mindmaps as well during meetings

Pros

I struggled to create process flow charts for our operating theatres dealing with COVID and non COVID patients . Word and excel were a nightmare. I simply did not get what I wanted. A colleague mentioned Lucidchart. I tried it and had my processes mapped within the next hour.

Cons

It's a bit inflexible with their contracts and paying. I think you should be able to just pay for it when you need it. I would prefer paying per flowchart rather than needing to subscribe to it even if I don't use it at all

KW

Kristen W.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Great product!

I am overly pleased! I use it personally and professionally and feel more organized in doing so.

Pros

I used this software in my studies for projects, and requested we bring it in to my workplace as well. I love how easy and user friendly this software is to use, and how the document auto-expands as my thoughts do. I love flowcharts, and LucidSpark has definitely contributed to this love! Great way to give high-level overviews of different processes as well as use for personal organization.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make this compatible with some Microsoft functions, maybe powerpoint? Just makes it very hard to share and edit with non-users.

CB

Chad B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pros

Very easy to use and very intuitive. Fewer clicks to get things done.

Cons

Nothing. I was looking for a quick visualization tool and this was much easier to use than visio.

SB

Siddhant B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Amazing Software

Pros

Lucidspark is great, its a virtual white board, used for real time collaboration. It is very easy to use and set up, and allows all team members to collaborate with ease.

Cons

There is not much I dislike about Lucidspark. It is inexpensive, and allows us to work well with one another.

AM

Andrew M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Lucidspark - review

nice software to work with and setup it was easy to setup a presentation and track peoples goals

Pros

can easily move notes and tags around and set up nice clear writting then on a normal board easy to tarck and link to microsofr team

Cons

pretty easy to use, not linked to Microsoft on our internal IT system

SS

Somesh S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Lucidspark IT review - India

Pros

Ease of use, value for money, low learning required to use.

Cons

Need BPMN2 compliant structures, and some sample tutorials and guides for new people using LS

JC

John C.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Good Mapping Tool

Pros

Easy to navigate without tutorials/instructions. Intuitive user interface.

Cons

A little bit expensive for the value proposition.

LS

Lena S.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Excellent product!

My overall experience with this product is excellent. Super easy to use and update each week. Very happy with this particular software.

Pros

Super excited about this product as it's extremely user friendly. First and foremost, very easy to use. Secondly, I love the fact that you can "share" the document you create with others' on the management team. Our organizational chart is always evolving so it's important to keep everyone updated.

Cons

My only negative about this software is that I didn't find it sooner! I've been searching for an easy to use platform for our organizational charts and this has been a lifesaver.

DK

Daymond K.

Translation and Localization, 201-500 employees

Data Design Flow

I like the product a lot. It is a great value for the money and is very easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use a lot of diagrams file sharing

Cons

some templates are missing file sharign and moving files could be a little easier and not so many clicks

JT

Janet T.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Important for ERD Diagrams

Whilst taking a module in my Master's Degree I was asked to create an Entity Relationship Diagram. This software made this challenge ultra-easy and I will definitely be using it within my work environment.

Pros

Exceptionally easy to get familiar with.

Cons

None, it does exactly what I needed it to do.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Wonderful tool for professionals

Pros

Till now whatever I have seen and presented using the Lucid, it always a great experience, in less time and effort, it delivers quality.

Cons

As of now nothing is bad if you have a paid account else one will Not able to edit the shared files.

AS

Anurag S.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Great collaboration tool

Pros

So, I tried with as an individual and I really liked how it works as a whiteboard. Specially with COVID remote working from home situation, I found it to be really useful to do whiteboarding for the team and ideation. I don't think there's a better solution out there to be honest. I have used JAMboard from Google and it sucks.

Cons

Nothing in particular I would say. I think it took a bit to learn the tools and capabilities but once you know you are good to go.

gf

greg f.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Senior Business Analyst

Pros

I use the flowcharting feature of swim diagrams in my daily work. It is very easy to communicate to business and technical people the workflow of a new project or feature

Cons

Needs brighter colors and better flowcharting graphics.

SH

Stephanie H.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great product!

It takes some getting use to using but overall a great product.

Pros

We use Lucidspark to create customer organization charts. Its fairly easy to use and make changes.

Cons

User interface and areas for what is named and what functions to what.

HM

Hussam M.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Tazej Food Company Review

Very good.

Pros

Ease of use, good UI. The page expansion and overall page view is pretty sweet.

Cons

Some basic features, like having a line with no forced end-point shape, just a regular line, why isn't that line available, or is it me that doesn't know how to get a line.

GS

Guennadi S.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Experimental use in a small engineering team

I use it for a small engineering team for 3 months already and found it very helpful.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use, good tutorials

Cons

Boilerplate at the top of the exported document is not necessary. I would recommend to turn off by default and turn on in Settings wherever it is necessary

Hey Guennadi - Thanks for leaving a Lucidspark review. Glad that you found the platform very intuitive and easy to use. We also appreciate your product feedback in regards to the boilerplate at the top of the exported doc. I'll make sure to personally share your specific suggestion with our product team. Thank you for being a customer, and hope you have a great rest of your year! -Gabe

SA

Sonal A.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Place to go for any flow chart

Pros

I like the various templates and options available to create process flows or flow diagrams. I use and recommend lucid chart only for any such scenarios.

Cons

Sizing and drag and drop seems to be little clumsy to me.

CD

Colin D.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Too focused on flowcharts for virtual whiteboarding

I was trying to mock up BI dashboards using the tool. It was fantastic for real time collaboration with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but there's some more work that needs to be done to make this a true virtual whiteboard.

Pros

Hotkeys are wicked fast and their clicking, drag and drop and other features are very smooth. The gridded surface, smart line assist and resizing were very dynamic and intuitive

Cons

The feature set was wayyyy too geared to flow chart design to be useful as a virtual whiteboard. While I like the UI better than Miro, the shapes, text and arrows were too rigid to the flow chart design.

SE

Steven E.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

It's the best/easiest to use available

Pros

I needed to get a project done, and I was able to just do it. It was pretty intuitive. The templates were great.

Cons

I wish the template was a little more customizable, however I think that's more a limitation on the template rather than Lucid itself.

CT

Candace T.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees

Organizing People & Process

As a growing organization, it's essential that we create processes for our talent that allows for them to grow first and foremost. Lucidspark creates the visuals around ideas and structure that allows for collboration and communication.

Pros

Lucidspark is a great way to arrange your mind map and refine it into processes that ensure organizational alignment. It's a program that scales with your business and allows you to move, expand and change ideas based on organizational impact with a visual presentation.

Cons

It's taken me a little getting used to in manipulating the lines - but practice makes perfect.