M-Files Logo

SR

Scott R.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

M-files for Engineering

My primary interest in using M-Files is with regard to AutoCAD drawings. I think the final product that will be delivered will be great. However, during our vetting process where we were evaluating a couple of different products, I specified my "must haves", and we were told by the salesman that "M-Files can do that". He probably knew that if it couldnt, it was a deal breaker, so its hard for me...

Pros

Ease of use, appearance (good user interface.

Cons

Did not really have the capabilities with regard to AutoCAD documents that we were led to believe it had. These capabilities have had to be developed by M-Files, which has taken a long time.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, Scott. We are sorry to hear that there have been some issues related to managing your AutoCAD drawings and appreciate your patience as we work to solve them.

RK

Rob K.

Paper & Forest Products, 10,001+ employees

Crisp, clean, custom product design and easy to deploy into historical low tech savy organisation

Improved visibility of process, central repository for document management and a true understanding of process challenges which were previously hidden by paper workloads.

Pros

Can be customized to suit any business requirements. Great use of the workflow functionality, historical tracking and document management. M-Files was easy to deploy into organization due to simple UI with a great look and feel.

Cons

The fact that it now makes me want to convert everything I do onto the M-files platform and the amount of additional projects which have stemmed out of the roll out of a single requirement. Opened a whole new look at our business document process management. Wish we had found this sooner.

AF

Andrea F.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Small Business User

Overall M-Files is a great program. There is always room for improvement just like any other software program out there. My favorite part is that I don't have to pay someone else to make changes to my own company on the back end. I have almost full control over that aspect.

Pros

User Friendly, Have more control over my own company and set up.

Cons

Would like more search fields to narrow down a search. Takes a long time to get support for more in depth help like syncing other programs. When working on a project we have to try to get 3 people on our side to match up with one person on yours sides schedule. The support is not very flexible.

We appreciate your feedback about Customer Support and will work to improve our scheduling flexibility.

ZH

Zakir H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

M-files a Feature Product

I launched M-files in Pakistan and made marketing from Scratch. I made more than 100 POCs and about Dozen of Implementations. The experience shows at the end user is very happy with m-files.

Pros

Rich in Features, more flexible, more Connections with other Solutions, Metadata based Permission

Cons

Like adding Tables, images in Text Box, Need more expertise in using Configuration, compliance kit.

Amanda M.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Perfectly developed product with so many useful features

The interface of the product is quite effective in doing daily task work and also helps me in to understand all the features better. This solution suits every type of organization whatever their size and resources will be.

Pros

For me to work with full integrity and also it assures the safety and security of my documents to a larger extent. I really like its search bar that allows me to search each and every document from my system with huge ease and also it provides me a great help in sharing my documents to anyone anywhere in the world.

Cons

It has been the excellent tool with skilled customer response. I have experienced its support they are really professional and intelligent while resolving our problems. Honestly there is nothing to dislike here.

Hello Amanda, we appreciate you taking time to complete the survey regarding your experience with M-Files. Very happy to hear that you find value with our product!

GH

Graham H.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Feature packed product for a low price entry point

We reviewed many software providers before deciding on M-Files and it was a choice based on features, support and value for money. M-Files has become a valuable tool in our organisation. The ability to customise almost everything from the way it looks to the way it functions with workflows has really allowed us to solve a lot of issues we had with storing and retrieving our important documents and information. M-Files comes as a blank canvas, so it is important to look at the sample vault and then work with your channel partner to plan your deployment, but as you start to use it, you realise more and more that it can do. I would recommend this to any business looking to implement a DMS

Pros

Easy to store information and allocate access to particular user groups Able to customise look Workflows are good

Cons

Metacard config needs improvements to make it faster to use and organise Admin access needs more granularity.

Alice C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Authentic and reliable solution for all my files

In short I would say it’s a great intuitive in terms of document management and also in keeping them in a preferred way as well.

Pros

It has the ability to drag and drop out various important files of my concern from one place to another quite frequently. Moreover, it also enables me to edit and format my documents according to my wish and desire and also helps me in managing dozens of documents with full ease.

Cons

Every feature is so much interesting in it that I couldn’t imagine my life without it now. Talking about the drawbacks of this product I can’t think of anything that could be a drawback of this certain product because it has everything in it that I require basically.

Hello Alice, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are very happy to hear that you find value in M-Files. We sincerely appreciate you and your business! Have a great day!

BR

Becky R.

Hospitality,

A different way of thinking...

M-files was certainly a foreign way of thinking about our file management. However, once adopted it has transformed how our company thinks about WHAT is being saved and moved from place to place.

Pros

It's approachable and it works as an Add-In with other Microsoft products.

Cons

It is a little expensive for small businesses. It has so many features that we are not using because we don't have a designated IT person on staff to help to understand them all and put them into practice.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Document Management System Hand Down

We are moving toward a one document storage system. We are in progress of migrating all documents to M-Files. When done, we will easily be able to find any document we need to find in a very timely manner.

Pros

M-Files search capability is by far the best feature. It not only searches metadata, but will search the text of the document.

Cons

To connect to an external database, you must provide a connection string. This is normal. The password however is clear text. It is not hidden. It is not encrypted. This was a serious issue for our security team.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the M-Files system!

MG

Matthew G.

M-Files helped us get our document management under control.

Pros

M-Files is a fantastic software for getting your file server and document management under control. It helps secure our files and teaches employees to be more careful in what they share due to its classification system. It was relatively easy to deploy and setup.

Cons

It can be a tad bit pricey however it does its job well and once it is deployed you can see the value in the cost.

IY

ILKER Y.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

New Trend to send the files.

You need to give some education to your users for better understanding.Otherwise ,your users might have difficulty in understanding and your user might have some claims about the program

Pros

You can set a group and send the file to this group who involves this group ,the M-file system sends a remind e-mail if somebody change something in the file system so I can understand when somebody upload a file. This is very good feature.

Cons

File transfer logic is a little bit different and it is not familiar to me because I was used to use easy cloud system such as apple cloud,etc..

Hello Ilker, thank you for your review of M-Files. We take these very seriously and would also like an opportunity to discuss your experience with you personally. If you are open to a discussion, you can contact me at my information provided.

DA

David A.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Excelente Gestor Documental

Buena experencia, aun faltan mas canales en latinoamerica, mas servicio de la marca

Pros

La facilidad de busqueda y la interfaz muy amigable

Cons

EL precio, es algo alto ya que se cobra por licencia

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We value your time and appreciate the score! Again, thank you and we look forward to your continued business!

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

M-Files gives me means of organizing documents for fast retrieval with parameters of a certain file.

Pros

The main feature that I like most about this system is the workflow creation where you can convert your business process into a paper-less and effortless process. Proposals, approvals, routing memos, etc. can be done via the computer no need for physical papers and appearances to the concerned people.

Cons

The thing that I am not well pleased with the system is the complexity of the program. There is a need for serious training to be able to use the full functionalities of the system.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of M-Files and for sharing your experience with our software with others. I have made note of your insights on training and have escalated this to our support and product management teams.

AC

Alonso C.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Two Thumbs Up!

M-Files has helped our organization to run more effectively since its integration. Organizing, maintaining, and sharing files has never been easier. Very effective and easy to use.

Pros

- Easy to use - Keeps files organized - Allows for accountability as well (who recorded/uploaded what, when, etc)

Cons

Number Formatting (no commas allowed, so 1,000,000 looks like 100000...not a big issue, but could be something for the future)

DK

David K.

Semiconductors, 51-200 employees

Modern & Flexible CMS

This product brings managing & accessing your company documents into the 21st century. The ability to access all your documents from in our out of the office on any internet connected device is a game changer. No more needing to share files via dropbox or OneDrive. This product can do it all either with built-in functionality or via their API's.

Pros

Ease of having access to all of your documents

Cons

I wish that there was some built-in functionality for doing validation for workflows.

We are sorry to hear about your issues with the Chrome Plug-in and will reach out to you directly to address this issue.

CH

Christian H.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

I love the ease of use and the technological advantage that M-Files 2018 provides.

Pros

its ease of use, its flexibility to configure, its metadata approach, its visionary approach towards intelligent information management, its platform thinking, its integration possibilities, no more silos, etc.

Cons

The iOS environment is not yet state of the art, however M-Files and its partners are working on a client.

MG

Mattin G.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

M files establudhed user

Overall good, worth taking the time to fully define before implementing, technical support good but sales support can be slow to respond.

Pros

Ease of use - value for money

Cons

Some aspects not as intuitive ad they shoild be

Thank you for your review. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you, if you would like. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

NW

Neill W.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

M-Files is a powerful document management system with a great user interface.

Huge time savings, improved project management.

Pros

User interface - it's familiar yet flexible, and very powerful. It's obvious that a lot of time was spent developing it. Connectivity - the ability to pull indexing data from other databases is an incredible time saver and keeps records accurate. Power - the way metadata can be parsed, re-used, and filtered is a huge benefit for naming conventions and searching and sorting files.

Cons

It would be great if platforms other than WIndows were better supported (Mac, Linux). I would like to see dedicated clients and better Chrome plugin support for non-Windows systems.

JN

Jim N.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Gold Business Technologies - Kamloops BC

I have been working with M-files for close to a year now and have of course learned in that time that M-files offers the most comprehensive information management solution than any other products we have had at our disposal. Our customers that need a solution are amazed at the power under the hood and the simplicity M-Files offers from the UI.

Pros

simple to learn, the user interface integrates into customers windows environment like nothing else i have seen. Very powerful under the hood and IT department see's great benefits to help manage their day to day issues and information management.

Cons

Haven't found any limitations since the new contract module was launched

AB

Ari B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Useful but complex

Data repository and automating some business processes

Pros

Data repository. Mobile application is good. Automates some business processes and leaves all documentation in store.

Cons

Typical for some IT-solutions: "almost anything can be done with M-Files". Takes away focus of what problem exactly is solved with M-files. User interface is complex.

Hello Ari, Thank you for completing the survey! We are happy to hear that you are finding value in the data repository and our mobile application. Would you be interested in discussing your M-Files experience with me? If so, please find my contact information below - I look forward to having a discussion with you.

LV

Luke V.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It has really helped our business stream our document management, saving lots of time!

Save time with document retrieval and looking for files. Tracking document changes. Taking photos on phone and document scanning is great.

Pros

M-Files is really easy to use as it integrates directly with Microsoft windows. Tracking document changes are great. Searching for files is very fast, even in the cloud. Once properly setup it is really great, We used an Australian company, they know pretty much everything about it! It is cheaper now.

Cons

Files have to be saved with keywords so they can be found easily. You really need a third party company like to help setup automation and workflows to get the full benefits.

RM

Rosie M.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

the ease of using this software is great I really enjoy working with it

The benefits is placing all our clients in one location. Having all employees access the files and doing work quicker. saving space on computers.

Pros

I love the ease of search and finding what I need. the program allows us to save multiply clients in one location. training new employees on the functions is easy.

FB

Fernando B.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Changes everything!

M-Files continues to become more valuable for our agency every day. Starting with one department at a time, we've realized many benefits of implementing workflows and classifying documents. The scalability of the software allows for great flexibility. If you can think it, M-Files can do it.

Pros

Scalability, ease of use.

Cons

Can be expensive to implement

NL

Nuno L.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

It's the best DMS I ever worked!

Pros

The fact that it's not only a common DMS but we can develop businesses processes with electronic documents and all the workflows, notifications and views features.

Cons

Nothing to declare. I really like to work with the software. It would be a good idea to have a UK 24hours support.

HA

Hayati A.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

One of the best communication software for bussiness

Pros

Integration with outlook is fantastic. I can see who is online or not. It’s beneficial for resolving business issues and breaking the ice within international project teams.

Cons

It’s slow if it automatically launches during the start up.