M-Files Logo

BS

Brittany S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great Product, Customer Service needs some work

Pros

The ability to search a word or phrase and it will pull up all of the items with that. I was able to help my client get the organization she needed.

Cons

Importing Contacts, the account manager and CSR had no idea what they were talking about. I did a conference call and the CSR fumbled his way through it and there was still no resolution.

DO

Don O.

Public Policy, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

It's all about the partner and project expectations.

If the vendor does not really understand what you are trying to accomplish the product may not meet your needs because of how the vendor configured it. Experience in your industry and sector is critical.

Pros

It seems fairly easy to use, and with some of the addins you can do some neat things. The workflows are powerful. Much cheaper to implement than sharepoint, and probably a much better solution.

Cons

Complexity can be high. Multiple-classification of documents not intuitive, nor how rights and retention apply with multiple-classification. The support model is not good. The only option for support is to go to a third-party vendor as you cannot contact them directly. Depending on the vendor, this may be seen as an opportunity to bill more at every issue.

RT

Raewyn T.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great document management tool

Pros

M-Files is easy to use which is key for these types of tools, integration with Microsoft Office is key and the search is very user friendly.

Cons

None really, maybe better support for non Windows platforms like OSX and Linux. There are add-ons which cost extra, it would be nice if they were part of the main package.

JD

James D.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

M-Files is a ECM Force Amplifier

M-File really stood out, with all the other suggested solutions needing you to migrate all of your content to them. There is a lot of planning that has to go into that process. My client needed a solution implemented yesterday. I highly recommend M-Files. I suggest you get the free trial and see for yourself.

Pros

When a client needs help managing their files it's usually pretty simple. That is unless that client is using every file storage service under the sun. This is where M-Files comes in. The entire process was painless and required minimal training (Very Important). M-Files has an incredible search system and it feels really natural inputting the meta data needed for managing content.

DR

Dilip R.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

User Interface

M-Files has a powerful backend for workflow and document management. My only negative feedback would be that there is no built it UI designer. It will be great if organistaions can use their own style guide, and logos instead of the default M-Files one.

Pros

Workflow and Document Management capability

Cons

Lack of User Interface customisation.

JF

Julie F.

File storage made easy

We only use the file storage facility on M-files. The ability to store a single document in multiple places is our main reason so we only have one copy that can be accessed in multiple ways and different people. Like most modern company's we have people working remotely who need to access the documents and this means no more emailing latest version back and forth between people. We have kept the traditional folders going so the not so computer savvy people are comfy working on the system and it is very easy to get them to put in all the properties so it is also accessible virtually as well.

Cons

Important product to scan documents.

Pros

What I like most about using M-File in our company is that it keeps a record of the documents that have been entered through the scanner.

Cons

What sometimes seems to happen is that it saves the documents very compressed and reduces the quality of sharpness.

ML

Matthew L.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

the biggest bang for the buck

Easy user intuitive interface that allows for dynamic and complex workflow processes. The ease of the install and how fast we were up and using it was amazing. Very little training needed for basic use of the software.

Pros

I like the direct windows integration

Cons

The granular security settings took some getting used to

SA

Shah Abdul Latif B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Simple. Easy. Flexible. Finally found what I wanted for so long.

Pros

Very easy to deploy and use on daily basis. Nice UI and simple to learn. Great customization for different business types. Fast operations.

Cons

Not found yet and hoping not to find any in the long run. Everything seems to be clearly taken care of.

DA

Demitrius A.

Used other for 6-12 months

not complete. I have not been able to get it up and running fully. At this point seems like a waste

Pros

Simple for secretary to use and for organizing. The potential for the company to be all on the same page and mobile is there. Just wish it was fully up and running.

Cons

The set up. Without a knowledgeable company or individual I am on my own trying to figure this out.

ERCAN S.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Challange on interface

We are using this program for sharing our photos, document internally.

Pros

It is very useful and needed agains computer memory troubles.

Cons

The interface of program is so complicated. Sharing and putting adress to the files are too difficult. It should be easier to use. If there must be some clear button for copy - paste - share , it would be much better and we gonna use the program more frequently.

Hello Ercam, we appreciate you taking the time to complete this review of M-Files. I would like an opportunity to discuss your experience a bit more with you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

JD

JoAnn D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

M-FILES VRS

We struggle with M files as our training hours were used on set up. Maybe we don't truly understand the functions

Pros

searching in the files

Cons

Thanks for your comments, JoAnn. We will reach out to you directly to better understand your challenges with M-Files.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

CMS, but a bit different

Might need to have a second look at other options as I'd not consider M-Files the best at it's category.

Pros

Easy integration with Microsoft products. Nice UI and workflow manager. Data synchronization between locations is also a useful feature of it all.

Cons

Tech support is not great. Using search was also a bit of a pain.

Thank you for your candid feedback, voice of the customer is critical to us at M-Files! We've recently launched Customer Success and would love to chat with you further about your Implementation, to improve your future experiences with M-Files. Thanks for being a customer!

LR

Laila R.

Good Good!!!

customer service agent is amazing support! Very knowledgeable. I just don't give all 5 stars because I have been having issue with Sales support. But it is being taking cared of.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Not having a capture process with automation

Laila, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad you would recommend M-Files so highly and we agree that Chris is awesome! We have also shared your feedback with the sales team and aim to provide the best sales and support possible.

IM

Issam M.

Satisfied Consultant

I had the luxury to work with many solutions in the last 20 years, by far, M-Files is one of the easiest and most powerful tools that I used in the Information Management field. There is a fantastic blend between the powerful of software and the ease of deployment and use. More to add is the high user adoption and joy when working every day. It's the right platform to build more and more applications for all verticals in the market. My experience was so great with M-Files QMS.

MN

Maria N.

M-Files totally changed how we work!

We moved from a server-based folder electronic storage system to M-Files. Suddenly our employees could find the documents and drawings they needed! No more hunting! We incorporated workflows and now a simple view will show us where each document is at any moment. We know what is still in engineering, what is awaiting customer review...the transparency has altered how we do business and has saved much time and money. M-Files is a game-changer!

LC

Leanne C.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Searchable

I was resisting the Information Management technology change because I thought it would be a complex system that I would have to get used to and learn. But once I actually used it , I found it so easy to use and easy to find my information that I was looking for. Its like googlelizing our entire information from about 4 different vaults. Finding information quick and easy is necessary in a busy environment. I can no longer live without M-Files

Pros

Simple to use because it runs in a Windows environment.

Cons

Haven't really used it enough to know the limitations of M-Files

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Good File Management with Steep Lerning Curve

Pros

It has many features to help manage your files.

Cons

It has a very steep learning curve to use it fully.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

M-files

Pros

You can reach documents from every where and with all devices.

Cons

You can't get used to it. You can't create file hierarchy. It is not easy to use. I have this program for a long time but I don't use it until I don't have any change to share documents with my colleagues.

NP

Nicholas P.

Using M-Files in the Legal Department

We have been reselling M-Files into the corporate and government legal market and have found it to be an excellent document management product. Our ability to integrated it seamlessly with our Matter Management products has made it especially easy to use. Lawyers live in their documents and the integration gives them direct access to both document and matter information.

AW

Amanda W.

Great Platform!

Pros

I like being able to retrieve my documents very quickly and easily. This is a great tool to use for HR to be able to track so many documents between so many employees!

Cons

It took me awhile to grasp the concept of not saving things in folders. I guess that's the old way of saving!

RS

Rabia S.

Not for small orgs or nonprofits

Our account manager was not very nice or attentive. No one had reached out to us about the cloud version of this tool, which makes much more sense for a distributed staff like ours. I do not recommend.

Cons

Thank you for submitting your comments, Rabia. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and will reach out to directly to address this.

CL

Christine L.

M-files experience

I am very pleased with M-files. I am now able to locate any document I require in only a few moments. The M-files team was extremely helpful in programming what we required. The training was very good, very easy to understand. I highly recommend this product and have to many other people I have come in contact with.

Sf

Steve f.

Great product

Mfiles is a wonderful product. It has great flexibility and many features. I wish it had a book on the product because it is so feature rich it is hard to digest all the power available. One great feature is that the product architecture prevents attack by ransomware such as cryptolocker. I like the product a lot.

LH

LeWayne H.

Can M-Files be configured to "_______________"? Answer has been "Yes" all of the time!

I have implemented many different M-Files systems. There are numerous similarities between them, but each implementation has had some uniqueness involved with interfacing with different systems or processes. M-Files has proven to be exceptionally capable of doing whatever I need it to do.