Microsoft Excel Reviews

Pros

Great, I have loved the ease of building reports.I found it easy to learn and easy to use from the start.

Rhonda R.

Super convenient and great way to organize table format data. Use it for budgets and super easy to input and find values.

I love that you can enter a great deal of data and be able to manipulate it for various reports. It can automatically do math like add and multiply for quick totals.

Janice C.

Cons

The software cannot be readily integrated or harmonized with other information systems. The software is totally insensitive to human errors; it does not prompt the user when there is an error.

David G.

It can be hard to figure out your mistakes. The macro feature cant be undone and can be harmful if ran an accident.

When there is a large amount of data entered into a spreadsheet it's inevitable to have trivial human mistakes made. Sometimes it's very difficult to find those mistakes later.

MARAT N.

12,511

2,997

15,822 reviews

Excel - Cant Imagine a day without Excel

the overall experience with excel cannot be described in one word or in one sentence. I have recommend all my friends to use the excel in their daily routine. Excel is a part of my daily work and it had simplified all my works.

Pros

I have been using the excel for the past 20 years and the most excel features i use on my daily routine are the pivot table, vlook functions, graphs, calculations and it keeps on going. all the monthly salary calculations, deductions, are all compiled into one sheet and its very easy to share the files with password protection facility. i have purchased both home office 365 and for business. very compatible with the microsoft teams. Another feature of excel is the low

Cons

everything in excel is very easy to learn, but only while using Macro and Micro features, i had found a little bit of difficulties. but using the help button itself, the same can be resolved within few minutes. the total features in excel in overwhelming and i feel like that i have been using only less than 20% of the total features of excel.

The industry standard

Honestly, I love Excel. The truth is, once you unlock the various features there is very little you can't do. For fun I've created a dynamic resume', a slide presentation and even a couple of games inside Excel just to see if I could.

Pros

Excel's greatest value is its ability to be many things for many people. I would say 90% of the people I've seen use Excel only use about 10% of its capabilities, and it's great for that. People are making quick budgets, schedules, to-do lists and even recipes books with excel and don't need many "pro" features for that. Then there are the people who use it for contact management and data-processing, I've even seen an Excel instance that used extensive scripting to handle CRM, inventory and mail-merge marketing. I don't suggest it, but if you really want to get into it, it's very possible. I'd say the greatest advantage of using Excel is that it's the industry standard for spreadsheets. If send someone an excel sheet you can bet that they will have a way to open it.

Cons

For cons, it does annoy me a bit that the Mac version isn't nearly as good as the Windows version. It's not surprising, of course, but it is annoying. I use Excel on different platforms and operating systems and the difference is striking. Also, if you do plan on getting in the weeds with excel for business intelligence and data processing, you can literally spend years studying ti and getting proficient with the all of the capabilities. And finally, it can be a huge processor hog and slow down everything else on your computer if you aren't careful. Even a simple spreadsheet with a simple formula involving whole columns can suddenly bring a stop to your workday.

easier to learn and easier to adapt for a wide variety of tasks

We have relied on Excel for a variety of processes right from project reporting, institutional administration, questionnaire design, electronic survey programming, data management, data analysis, etc. It has been our most frequently used amongst our the large array of different software we rely on for our research needs. Besides gmail for communication, Excel will likely be our most essential software, and it serves as extremely well.

Pros

Pivot Tables have been my favorite feature in Microsoft Excel. The raw power of this simple-to-execute feature alone more than doubles the potency of my team presentations and makes explaining otherwise complicated theories much easier. In terms of everyday use, one of the most fun to do features is dragging down formulas for automatic computations.

Cons

Cell and workbook formatting options should be expanded to become more of a hybrid between it's statistical makeup and Microsoft word's text handling structure.

My review on Microsoft Excel

The principal project that I truly scholarly a great deal about Excel in was building an accounting page to track and plan my course enrollments with as a rookie in school. I needed to figure my aggregate GPA and GPA by term, and I needed to design the entirety of the courses I would take every semester from my first semester in school to my final remaining one. By that point I realized how to utilize...

Pros

Colossal degree as Excel has mathematical and literary capacities; you can add hyperlinks and pictures thus significantly more. Numerous sheets can assist it with acting practically like a social information base when joined with separating and arranging capacities. Mistake catching should be possible utilizing.

Cons

The one fundamental hindrance of the extent of MS Excel is that an excessive number of individuals are self trained and the manner in which they have made the accounting page is undocumented so over the long run individuals attempt to alter and present mistakes. Naming cells makes formulae more significant and simpler to fathom. I once attempted to figure out an accounting page individuals had been utilizing for a very long time and found there was an entire section of qualities incorrectly being remembered for an equation. Somebody had been advised to erase a section however they had quite recently concealed it from see so every one of the qualities were all the while being included messing genuine up. Knowing the contrast between concealing qualities and erasing them is quite major.

Microsoft Excel is the best spreadsheet, I grudging admit

Excel's versatility means we can use it for business planning, basic analytics, and even some data science we work on. The tools are solidly intuitive and everyone has some experience with Excel so it often becomes a common location for us to store and manipulate data.

Pros

Excel really perfected the spreadsheet as an analyst's tool. It's powerful, relatively easy to use and it gives you solid feedback when you do something wrong. There is an ocean of excellent templates available to run just about any function one could want, but the basic functionality of Excel is incredibly robust as it is. This is the crown jewel of Microsoft's Office Suite and the only one of their products I still use regularly.

Cons

The connection to the Microsoft ecosystem, which is getting better but it's quite pricey and the support has been terrible in the past. Office is a workhorse, but it seems immune to innovation.

Everyday essential Application

I highly recommend this program. My overall experience with Excel has been awsome. Great everyday tool for businesses.

Pros

I have been using Excel since college and it has never failed me. It is easier to track finances and working on reports. With its great feature of calculating using formulas and mathematical equations, it is so much easier faster and accurate. It has been great for creating tables, spreadsheets. charts and other admin related tasks for the company. Honestly this program has saved me a lot of time when completig tasks and is easy to understand. A lot of traning videos are available on youtube for more for those with little experience.

Cons

I have used this program for a very long time and is still part of my daily activities therefore i have nothing negative to say about it.

Great program from Office 2019

I've been using this program since school and honestly it helped me to organize many things in my life. Everytime is getting better, which is perfect for me so I can improve my reports with new functions.

Pros

I definitely liked the fact that this version has the perpetual license, we don't need to worry about the expiration date. As an improvement, the data export works really well, we can do it from almost every source so I save time and energy, just to focus on my work.

Cons

I particularly don't consider there is much to criticize but maybe there could be an improvement in how the program guides users to find options they need. It could be smarter by suggesting options based on the way the person is using after some time or give quick tutorials by video.

Excellent tool for data analysis and data storage

I have used Excel for data analysis, the Dashboards are the best and super functional. Also, to store important data that can be useful in the future or constantly updated. Also its statistical and accounting analysis tools.

Pros

What I like most about Excel, is that it is a tool with many shortcuts and quick fills, which makes it easy to work quickly. Also, its multiple functions to handle large amounts of data. And not only that, also, as a statistical analysis tool is excellent and is in the top of my best applications.

Cons

I really haven't found anything to dislike about how it works and what it delivers.

I just cannot possible survive without excel

I am very satisfied with Microsoft Excel as it does everything I need it to do, it's reliable, and since it is so popular, the software interfaces with a seemingly limitless amount of other programs.

Pros

Creating spreadsheets is so easy and saves so much time. I can export a report from my sales system into excel and easily manipulate the formatting of the document as well as use it for deeper digs into the data on the report. Having the different tabs, I can track multiple months separately but also set it up to track YTD information.

Cons

Have had issues with crashing in the past when using specific features such as inserting another Microsoft document into the sheet as a link. The selection of templates could be more expansive and a feature to link to training classes on using excel for different industries.

Microsoft Excel by Marc Duke

Very solid tool that enables me to document anything numerical.

Pros

The ultimate spreadsheet tool constantly evolving but it's core features and functions have stayed the same while it has evolved to stretch to the cloud

Cons

It's online version is not as intuative as Google Sheets and the experience is not the same as the desktop offline version

MS Excel Review

I've been using Microsoft Excel for fifteen consecutive years and still use it on a daily basis to complete my job. Excel is a useful and powerful program that can help you generate interesting and profitable results once you learn how to use its features and functions. My advice to beginners is that if you really want to learn Excel, you should use it regularly and do your own study to better understand...

Pros

It's easy to use. You don't have to be a tech whiz to find it out, from simple to advanced functions. If you ever have a question, use the support feature to find an answer. Simply google it if you want to do something complicated and don't want to read help article after help article. Everyone uses Excel, or at least does, and someone has already completed the mission you are attempting. The design is easy. When I'm trying to complete a mission, I don't need fancy graphics or displays... I just want to finish my work. Excel is one of my favorite programs. The message is direct and to the point. You are capable of much more than you can imagine.

Cons

Excel's biggest drawback is that it takes more time and energy for preparation in order for the analyst to completely benefit from it. Human error such as omitted negative signs and incorrect row structure may not be detrimental in and of themselves, but when they erode investor confidence or result in a loss of investment opportunity, they are. The other disadvantage of Excel is that it has a lot of functions that an analyst would have to master.

Almost essential

I use Excel each day in my business and in my own life and I have been utilizing it throughout recent years and I never had any issue and the best thing is it's an across the board apparatus and no compelling reason to utilize different devices like 2 or 3 devices to complete the work.

Pros

Excel is my go-to application for everything from straightforward data sets to more intricate revealing and dashboards. The most significant part of Microsoft Excel is that when I use it consistently for accounting page angles in my business. I love that it is simple and easy to understand in helping me with assembling my rotate tables. I can use the lines and sections effectively where it is not difficult to put any information data effortlessly in a solitary sheet. The wide range of functions it offers might be frustrating at first. However, once you get the hang of it, it becomes one of the most useful software in your life.

Cons

You cannot recover the password for a file once you have lost it. You can't work together (in a group climate) which you can do in Google Sheets. It very well might be difficult to show the condition for an all-encompassing component notwithstanding a few cells that the condition is identifying with if the worksheet is immense.

Microsoft Excel - Best for Analysis and Tracking Use

We use MS Excel for keeping daily records, task tracking, and creating reports for our projects. It gives an edge when we have large data calculations to perform to get feasibility reports for upcoming projects.

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Excel for over 20 years, it has made my work life much smoother with its countless abilities to perform various complex tasks for analysis, tracking, graphical representation, and record keeping. Following are some advantages I would like to list down which I liked: - It is one of the paradigm software from Microsoft in MS Office package which laid the foundation of the...

Cons

- Although it is a part of MS Office Suite, I would personally like a standalone Excel Software to save the extra cost and drive space consumed by the whole MS Office suite. - It is a nuisance when I copy tables and charts from other office suites such as Google Sheets, a pasted data looks distorted and loses formulas and formatting, and requires redo efforts for correction, which wastes a lot of time. - The formulas and syntax have complex programming structures, even though the Help provides some information, but to learn the complexity of formulas and syntax, one has to take special tutorials and classes to learn more about the advanced MS Excel.

Excel remains the best in the field

Excel is for me the best software in the world for many tasks, to make an inventory, to transfer various costs, to make analyses, tables... This software saves us a lot of time with its simplicity and ease of use. I have been using this tool for years and I have seen a lot of evolution. This software has always been a perfect companion for me from college to university to everyday life. From simple graphs to invoices or studies with a lot of calculations, this software has always been able to help me with dexterity and make my work professional. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

The environment of Excel is easy to take in hand, even without several months of use and without training, one is able to use it without too many problems. The calculations are simple to perform and are error-free. It is the best solution for anyone who needs a software like this (students, workers). This software makes it possible to perform ever more complex calculations and to illustrate results...

Cons

When you don't know the software, some features can be scary. Errors are not well explained which is a real problem when you don't know where the error comes from and you are a beginner. Training is sometimes necessary to reveal the full potential of the software in order to use the features to their maximum. This sometimes requires a lot of time. It still lacks the possibility of collaborative work which is present in other competitors. I find this a real shame.

Excel is difficult to use but offers so many features

Excel has so much to offer. I just wish that it would help it's users more with guidance. The help bar gives no guidance to its features and any tutorial is basic as ever. I shouldn't have to pay for courses outside of the company to figure it out. Microsoft should be providing the information needed to succeed with their products.

Pros

I like Excel because of all the features it does contain (even if I don't understand how to work most of them). But if you do understand how to work it, you can get amazing things done on Excel. You can track finances better than anywhere else. It's incredible some of the spreadsheets I've seen accomplished. You can actually create self-correcting puzzles such as Sudoku and Word Search Puzzles. I've...

Cons

It would take me a lifetime to fully understand how to work everything in Excel. I took two classes on Excel-- Excel Skills for Business Beginner and Excel Skills for Business Intermediate. They were HARD. Advanced was way too hard for me to even attempt. But when taking the classes I realized that there is so much to unpack with Excel. It is extremely Mathematical which I never realized before that. If you're not great with Math, you may struggle with Excel because it's all about understanding and creating formulas. The intermediate and advanced formulas were way to hard for me.

Analyze This!

Excel is probably the most useful of all the Office products Microsoft offers. I literally use it more than once each and every day and find it useful for almost everything. Even for people that don't have a wealth of data to look at or keep track of, the ability to create anything and sort it to your liking is limitless. I love the product

Pros

besides the obvious ability to build a spreadsheet to analyze data, I use Excel for many other things. They just release a personal finance product "Money" that gives you the ability to analyze your spending habits, see where you spend and how much, that integrates with your bank accounts and allows you build budgets. You can dial down expense categories as much as you like by adding subcategories...great product for anyone who wants to get a better handle on where and how they spend their money. I am forever building prospect and client lists through Excel and love how I can sort the data any way I wish; who spends the most overall with me, on certain products, etc. It really is limitless.

Cons

Support could certainly be better. And I understand they need to go through an excess of red tape before implementing anyone's suggestions - regardless of how useful and easy it to implement - but come on! Fortunately, the program gives you the ability to customize things to your needs

Still the Best for Spreadsheets

Excel helps us with data gathering, performance tracking and even team projects. It allows our teams to just work on getting tasks done while Excel keeps track of progress using carefully set up formulas. The locking features within the software also mean that you can control how the sheets are used so nothing "breaks".

Pros

Excel is our go-to app for everything from simple databases to more complex reporting and dashboards. The upgrades with Office 365 means we now have the use of even more powerful collaboration and sharing tools while using Excel. For example, we commonly use Excel for very quick data collection across multiple units by simply setting up a sheet and sharing it. This allows multiple users to input data with little to no syncing issues and live updates (see where everyone is and which cell they are editing). For repetitive data cleanups, Excel's macros work very well and are fully supported even in Mac OS environments. As an Excel power user, the ability to create you own "ribbon" and stock it so all buttons you use most are together is pure gold!

Cons

Two of my Excel pet peeves are processing speed and "hidden" data. Now Excel has 1.04 million rows and thousand of columns. The program is pretty quick once you're working with a few hundred rows of data but once you get into the thousands things start to slow down. The second issue to the inclusion of data that increases the file size. This can happen when you are copying and pasting data between files and can be difficult to troubleshoot. For example, I've seen files with less than 100 rows and 3 columns of data with a file size of 5MB. Most to the time you will end up copying the data in something "clean" like a text file and then putting it back into Excel.

Excel Review

My overall experience with Excel is great. I would recommend this to anyone to use for their business or personal use. It is a loyal and reliable program.

Pros

The most impactful aspect of Microsoft Excel is that when I utilize it on a daily basis for spreadsheet aspects in my business. I love that it is easy and user friendly in assisting me with putting my pivot tables together. I can utilize the rows and columns efficiently where it is easy to put any data information with ease in a single sheet. The one thing I really love is I can use the tabs below...

Cons

Some of the features I use can be a little intimidating if you aren't use to it. I sometime use graphing and it has some aspects of it as well as the charting that is hard to decipher. I have to experiment to make sure I have the correct graph inserted or built but I think if there is a better table or graph tutorial that explains it a little better it would be easier to decipher and insert especially if I am copying/pasting from other programs. For example it is difficult to edit a graph or table that I insert from Word. I think if there was a rewrite of the program to make it easier.

Excel-lent!!

I use Excel every single day! For work-related and personal tasks. Doing my budget there, projections, calculations, data processing, modelling, charting - you name it! So versatile and so useful, worth every penny you pay for it!

Pros

I think the best part is the fact that the spreadsheet is like one giant calculator! Invaluable in today's times when you need to be able to get things done on the go! There is the auto-sum function which sums all cells in a row/column/custom range, which I use for my budgeting. I have also used their financial functions a lot, to calculate my debt and mortgage repayments. They still have a myriad...

Cons

There is one massive minus to Excel - which had been there for ages. You can't scroll sideways while holding down the Shift key, as in all other programs. This is so unfortunate since Excel's columns can be far-reaching to the right very often, and so while vertical scrolling works, for horizontal scrolling one still needs to use the old-fashioned "drag and drop the scroll bar". I hope the devs of Excel will read this and fix it soon - to make the experience perfect!

Simply cannot do without, although sometimes you would like to

I use excel on a daily basis to process data or make quick analysis from extractions from sql for example. I love the flexibility it offers to ‘work’ with the data

Pros

Flexibility. Excel has something for every hser. From building simple overviews to massive data tables. From a simple calculation to complex calculations and basic analytics. It amazes me every year how much richer they make the solution in terms of features. The graphics are always improving and the addition of for example more predictive algorithms (although basic) is very nice. But still mostly I use it as a data tool for semi large lists and in-betweens between simple and SQL needs. When it comes to graphical reporting I prefer power BI or any other tool, although with effort, excel can do a lot!

Cons

Language/country setting of other users that differ from local settings can be a pain sometimes (dot vs comma in decimals or date notations for example) I also think that at some point the normal user can be overwhelmed with the sheer number of functions... and they are not all that easy to understand

Excel is extraordinary accounting page device that help performs numerical and factual calculations

Excel is an incredible instrument for those who work on a lot of information and can deal with complex figurings with 100% precision. It permits you to make turn tables, sort, recover and investigate information, perform macros in VBA, construct diagrams, tables, and a lot more highlights in a breeze.Excel permits you to expand the equation up, down, across the bookkeeping page. You simply need to...

Pros

It is truly valuable apparatus and amazing contribution by Microsoft that assists with doing essential math's and details capacities and permits to get ready and clean information for cutting edge examination and information displaying functions.It goes about as a backend instrument to store and recover information. It has abilities like rotate tables, arranging, merge. It performs different capacities...

Cons

Restricted Security could be a major issue. You can secure the password of an Excel accounting page to keep unapproved individuals from accessing a document, however it doesn't shield the information from the individuals who have the password.It hangs a great deal when there are an enormous informational collection comprising of huge number of lines and sections of information to be handled.Excel could be tricky for some users as it is loaded up with numerous highlights.

Excel Review

Excel is what every computer program should be. Best of class, powerful, supported and easy (within reason) to use and get better at using!

Pros

The template section is very powerful. If you can't picture how to build your spreadsheet/application, just a quick search through the templates will provide you with ideas that will get you where you need to be. Often, the template itself is the perfect answer, with a little modification. Easily accomplished in Excel.

Cons

Some of the features, such as graphing can be intimidating and if you aren't familiar with the components of graphing or charting, you'll have to do some trial and error experimentation. Best part, is to just experiment, with the program and you'll discover quite quickly how easy it is to build excellent tables, graphs and reports for other programs (i.e., power point and word)

The Spreadsheet that excelled the competition

Overall, the app is very intuitive and has its arsenal of functionalities that can be used by any user. It keeps on adding great features over the years which makes it very interesting as you are always looking forward to take advantage of the new ones its developers will add.

Pros

I've used this product in the beginning just for simple tabulation as opposed to inserting tables on a Microsoft Word document, because it is more convenient with its drag and resize function and other customizations. I used it for organizing my expenses into assets and liabilities and anything related to finances, kinda like my own crude Point of Sale tracker. It turns out it has a lot more to offer...

Cons

Although this is a good thing for some users, I find it a bit annoying to have my work saved every 10 minutes, which is Excel's default time for auto recovery. But this can be easily remedied by going to preferences (for older version) and options for versions 2016 and up. It would also be nice to not close the message box if you've mistakenly entered the wrong document password to avoid starting over by clicking on the document again.

Excel help my working efficiency

Most time in regular using excel is very good in hand. And it is compatible with all other Microsoft family software, so it's output data can be directly used in other related software tools, like chart, grids, files and data sources. For usually using excel tool is enough for different users in many fields, such as student, science researching, accounting, financial calculation, engineering data analysis or event programmer developing software on it.

Pros

1. it's formula function totally replaced my calculator tool or similar ones. 2. convenient cell operation for formula propagate or serial copying 3. if error occurs in the formula in cell, it is easy to check each step's result to find the root cause. 4. powerful online help for current operation focus as formula, operation, variable change, parameter usage, etc. 5. Macro recording function make dummy user can repeat the operation in huge data. 6. More flexible VBA scripts support make it possible build a easy trigger and running tool software. 7 widely used drawing function make it show more fabulous graphic with text to explain the data. 9, powerful statistic data visualization function make it easy to show the data in many axis

Cons

1. sometime there is interruption and without saving the latest version or recover the latest version in time. 2. free trail is limited time frame. 3. can not get password recovered in the excel file if you lost your password to open it. 4. when frequently processing huge data like more than 1 million rows, the file size will be increase much more, and it is not decrease right after you delete these huge data. 5. auto transfer from outside data source is not efficient, like convert txt data to excel cells, more than 1 million row will cost a lot of time to converting.

The most powerful Spreadsheet App from Microsoft

I really use Excel every day in my business and in my personal life and I have been using it for years now and I never had any problem and the best thing is it's an all in one tool and no need to use other tools like 2 or 3 tools to get the work done. It helped me as a student too and saved me a lot of time and that's why I use it daily and I will keep using it in the future because I don't see myself using another software.

Pros

I like The price because It's very cheap when we compare it to the value. It's a very powerful program and it helps me to create any kind of spreadsheets and use different kinds of formats and formulas. It's very useful because it allows me to work with my business data and calculate everything by using just simple and basic math (+,-,×,÷). I like all Excel capabilities and I like everything from...

Cons

It really takes some time to be an Excel expert and you need to learn different formulas and there are so many things to learn. They can improve the Excel app and add more options to it.