Microsoft Excel Reviews

4.75/5 (5,324 reviews)

Russell Phillippe

Still the gold standard for spreadsheets

Reviewed 2019-02-04

I am very pleased with Excel!Microsoft Excel is still the gold standard for spreadsheet creation and analysis. There is a crowd of competitors in the year 2019, but Excel is arguably still the most powerful/robust and accepted version of spread sheeting software. Here's what I like most about Excel: - In my experience, Excel just has a greater amount of advanced features. When you really need to take a deep dive with data, Excel seems to consistently check more boxes than the competitors. Sure - "add-ons" my help other spreadsheet platforms, but based on what naturally comes with the software - Excel has the most robust capabilities. - I would argue that it's logically arranged. If you've used any Microsoft software before, then I think learning the layout of Excel is not too difficult. You'll find it similar to Word, etc. - I think Excel is truly versatile, too. Due to its capabilities, lots of people can use it for lots of purposes (i.e., personal finance and budgeting, small business owner, tax records, non-profits, student/research statistical analysis, or even larger corporations). - In the last few years, Microsoft added the ability for multiple people to collaborate on spreadsheets. This was a phenomenal step and cuts out a lot of problems that existed beforehand. - I alluded to the before, but more specifically, the functions that Excel offers are incredible. The ability to do large scale calculations with a function and a few clicks is so easy and helpful. - Awesome template library.

Jorden Bench

Microsoft Excel is the most advanced and intuitive spreadsheet software there is!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

I use Microsoft Excel on a daily basis with my online business. One of the main reasons I use it is to keep records of my taxes. I can have multiple sheets that link to each other and allow me to see what my income and expenses are. But I use it for a wide range of other reasons. Whether it's for keeping track of client records or making graphs of key metrics inside my business. MS Excel is a must have for any business owner!The uses of MS Excel are endless! Working within the spreadsheet you can do so many things. For instance, keeping logs or running totals or data. You can then turn that data into various types of graphs. They have so many templates to choose from to get you started. With these templates, you can make budgets, to do lists, planners, calendars, financial reports, loan calculators, resumes, contact lists, financial models, statistical analyses and even keep track of your taxes! I have so many various types of spreadsheets I use. I even created a custom fat loss calculator for my clients! Like I said MS Excels capabilities are endless!

Sue Ranbarger

A business must have!

Reviewed 2019-01-24

I have used Excel for business, home and small home business. I started using Excel many years ago with no computer experience and taught myself mostly. I started using it to keep track of data and parts usage in automotive productions. I started simply and grew from there. Next I started using it to create and track part testing schedules. I was easily able to create the test parameters, details of these tests, add schematic and print information, dates, machine information, production lines, schedules, reports and file all completed tests and results as well as share these with engineers and customers. The ability to attach photos to these reports is a huge bonus. My next feature I learned with Pivot Tables and this opened a whole new arena of possibilities. I gathered all production line data and entered it into line items such as Production line, products coming off this line, counts, scrap, maintenance issues, costs, personnel and down time. This was them accessible in a pivot table I could manipulate to see where the cost where coming from, downtime issue and ways to cut costs and streamline production and maintenance. By simply clicking on which data I wanted to see, in an instant the data changed. From here I could transfer this data into charts for management to use at a glance.Easily store any and all data, information, photos, contacts... the use is endless. I believe I had only scratched the surface in Excel. The more I used it and explored its capabilities the more excited I got about how I could use it. It uses as it applies to large and small businesses is never ending. You can use it for home business and personal storage of information as well. My Grand kids even started to use it at age 5, obviously not for business but they taught themselves how to use it, PowerPoint and Word.

Cesar Juso

Excel is a tool that optimizes many processes in an organization

Reviewed 2019-01-16

In my experience I started using Excel to create my school hours and after university, then in college I gave application for results of reports and database creation with records that I should take, in my current job I must work with Excel to generate the calculation sheets with the full staff that will attend each day, plus the notes when they are evaluated are downloaded in excel sheet from the application that is used for the purpose of the evaluations, in addition to possible presentation of reports and dynamic dashboards that it must generate for the management with respect to my part of the work. The reality my experience has been satisfactory and I am always comfortable working with excel.Excel is a tool that I have always liked because in addition to presenting a pretty nice design in its latest versions, its features allow you to take thousands of benefits, from list of products with prices, to generating lists of nominees to know how much you should charge each month, these applications can even be optimized through its powerful tool such as MACROS, which allows us to apply programming to optimize processes that must be performed very frequently. We can not let go that allows us to generate accounts reports to our liking, allowing the possibility of using the graphics that best fit for our presentation, this just to mention one of its valuable applications. The reality Excel has become a valuable tool for many processes within a company, since their applications are endless. Its simplicity to handle it makes that anyone with a little practice can handle it quickly

Joseph Massaro

Efficient tool for organizing and tracking work, finance, and personal data

Reviewed 2019-01-04

I use Excel to track just about everything. Primarily, I track my freelance work and my income from that (for the lovely IRS) and use formulas to see total earnings, average month/day/year earnings, projected income, data for slow periods, etc. It makes tax time a breeze, especially with the ability to coordinate across sheets and files. I also use it to track prospective clients, money and work for my team, and even for my monthly bills and expenses. I used to just keep records in Word documents or on paper, and have to sort through them every week to figure things out; now it's all updated instantly and organized.Any goal you have in mind for a spreadsheet, you can accomplish with Excel. It's a powerhouse and the industry standard for a reason. It makes tracking data efficient, and helps visualize plans for the future. One of the most helpful features for me, as someone who isn't especially well-versed in the finer functions of the program, is the tips that pop up as you're typing a formula, and the detailed error messages when you inevitably botch one. The ability to click and drag to select cells for formulas is also quite helpful and saves time for larger sheets.

Andrew Riley

Software's Swiss Army Knife

Reviewed 2018-12-08

Excel is so powerful and is the gateway for many people into harnessing the power of large data. It is indispensable for most office workers and individuals who need to input, track, manage and manipulate data in an increasingly complex world. I have been using Excel since the 90's and like how flexible the tool is. I've used it to create planners, budgets, to do lists, loan calculators, calendars, financial reports, reconciliation tools, resumes, contact lists, trip itineraries, financial models, statistical analyses, stock charts and surveys. I really love how much formatting is possible, the depth of financial functions and the number of online resources to support use of this wonderful tool. Over time, the interface and functionality has got smarter and recent versions of the software seem to anticipate your needs and offer the correct options and functions based on the context of your current actions.

Excel is Good for Your Business & Academic Needs

Reviewed 2018-12-01

I have used the variations of the same product for over 15 years, and I have been happy with it. I do know that when I was an Economics Student my Econometrics professor recommended that we do not use MS Excel for statistical analysis, given that he preferred SPSS. However, it is possible to use MS Excel for statistics. It is very easy to make all sorts of charts and graphs to figure out the important factors in your mathematical model. MS Excel has various mathematics features that are always good to have in one program. Also, you can use this program for your general accounting needs. This program can also help you do a cost-benefit analysis and a budget. Hence, you can use it for your business needs and for academic needs. It is a reliable program, so I have been able to consistently open and close my files according to my needs. I plan to continue to use the same program in the near future and up to 2 years into the future.

Anonymous

Excel does the job just perfect!

Reviewed 2018-11-07

Handling the day today tasks has become very much easy for me. Why wouldn't it be? With Microsoft Excel hours of my day can be saved and yet the tasks could be done with utmost efficiency and asolutely accurate. The industry standard spreadsheet Excel has made my life much easier. I use Excel at least 3 times a day. From organising my daily schedule, budgets, calorie charts to fulfill my academic errands of simple and complex arithmetic functions. Excel has proved to be user friendly and is being constantly updated. The versatile functionalities of Excel has simplified even the complex tricky day today tasks. I find it very convenient that the information can be represented graphically, especially when being shared. The filter system in which information can be filtered using numerals, keywords comes very much handy during quick reference. The suggestions with keywords has simplified the use of Excel further and I found myself using it more often - not to mention the accuracy. Excel can be installed in to your PCs, mac and even your android phones. My life has become much easier with Microsoft Excel and I love it!

Excelling at the Game.

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Microsoft Excel is the total package, it's excellent for keeping data in spreadsheets. However, this is by no means a replacement for databases. Although the more basic functions of Excel is pretty straightforward and intuitive, the more advanced features do require the users to have a certain amount of training. Training on the other hand, is quite easy to come by, as a certified Microsoft Office Specialist myself (Office 2010), the training that is not as difficult as people say it is as long as you put in the effort to learn it, the benefits in terms of productivity is well-worth it. To me, in my opinion, Excel is at the top of the game when it comes to spreadsheet applications, other ones just don't feel as intuitive as Excel and that is where I feel Excel has the edge over them. + Really easy to use. Some training might be needed to fully take advantage of its features. + Mistakes can be avoided really easily if you know how to use their formulas. You don't need to manually count and insert all the data by yourself, it's automated once you get the hang of it. + A lot of data visualization options to choose from. Data analysis is made simple with this, really useful if you have a plethora of data to work with. + There's a 'free-mium' online version available. It's essentially free but you can fork out some money if you want to purchase it (There are some differences between the free Online version and the retailed software, and they're all listed in Microsoft Excel Online's support documentation). The online version also allows the files to be shared to, and be editied multiple people, which is really useful if they are working on the same project in different areas where they are unable to get the files in person. + Integration with OneDrive (Microsoft's Cloud service) for both the online and retail version is available. + The business subscription deal isn't expensive considering it being bundled with other Microsoft Office applications.

Ephraim Karanja

A must have software

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Well, my organisation have had a good experience using Microsoft Excel. With this tool, am able to organize data for presentation. When I need to observe data trends, it is easy to analyse the data using the predetermined formulas and other custom formulas. This tool makes it easy to handle my day to day work as an Engineer. I would recommend this tool to any organisation and more so those who wish to organise, analyse and present data. As far as my work is concerned, Microsoft Excel is my best friend.Microsoft Excel is one of the best software developed by Microsoft Corporation. This tool is easy to install and set up. It is a must have in any organisation for easy data manipulation and presentation. The following are some things I like about Microsoft Excel. 1. It is one of the best and globally recognized spreadsheet software. This therefore means that there enough support information and experts in case you need to learn how to use it effectively. 2. With Microsoft Excel it is easy to organize and manipulate data to suit your needs. This will make it easy to locate data, understand it and easily observe trends even without further analysis. 3. With Microsoft Excel it is easy to analyze data and present it in different forms. For example, you can use graphs. This makes it easy to understand data trends and also presentable. 4. For those using Microsoft Excel excel to analyse data like in our organisation, there are predetermined formulas that makes it effortless to analyze data. 5. Security wise, I like the fact that you can secure Microsoft Excel files with a password. This is a great feature more so when the office uses a shared computer. 7. I also like the fact that Microsoft Excel is available in mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. It is also available for both Mac and Windows 6. I also like the fact that there are constant updates that make Microsoft Excel better. There is so much to learn about Microsoft Excel and am yet to learn all of them.

Nelsys Marcano

the god of spreadsheeds softwares

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I use Excel since the 90's. And as an engineer it is a vital tool for me, so much that I no longer only use it for my work, but I have created spreadsheets even to keep track of what is in my cupboard. Honestly, for me it is already natural to use Excel for any calculation of my daily life.I think I know Microsoft excel since I had my first computer in the 90's and since then it has been my favorite spreadsheet program. It has definitely evolved and improved over the years and now it has millions of functions that it did not have in the 90's and that make Excel the god of spreadsheets. Obviously you can do mathematical calculations associating cells, but it goes much further. You can generate charts of different formats from data from the spreadsheet, do complex calculations and format the sheet to improve its appearance, associate tables to documents or external links and print spreadsheets directly from Excel. It can be a bit overwhelming the first time you face it, but once familiar with the software, it becomes very easy and intuitive. In addition, the office help platform is great and has everything you need to take advantage of all the Excel functionalities to create maybe just a calendar to the organized calculation of your expenses and your monthly budget and the best thing is that you don't have to create the spreadsheet from scratch, because you can look for predesigned formats created by Office to enter up your monthly expenses, the programming of your daily activities, a record of attendances, a list of guests and more ...

Frederick odosy

One of the Best Tools for Business

Reviewed 2018-10-01

Excel is generally a powerful tool for business. I mean, the things I have been able to do with the application at work. I don't know what I would do without Excel. The alternatives are not as powerful.I have used Microsoft Excel like forever. I like Microsoft because of it's ability to help you organize large chunks of data. After organizing the data, Microsoft Excel can help you make you make visual presentations from the data like graphs, pie charts, pyramids and cones. This kind of graphical presentations are very instrumental in helping you make sense of you data. Another thing I like about Excel is the mathematical formulas offered by the application. When working with Excel, you don't need a calculator. Excel can help you compute very complex calculations in a matter of seconds. You only need to know to make the most of the formulas. This formulas come in handy especially when you are working with large amounts of data. I also like the fact that you can use excel pretty well with your phone. I use an android phone and am able to make quick edits using excel without much hustle.

Trina Herrera

As you grow as a company, Excel becomes necessary and indispensable.

Reviewed 2018-09-24

In very simple words, Excel is a market pioneer in offering database services. Its function is essential and of great value for business growth, it also combines permanent updates that meet the demands of today's market.Many people have told us "why do you use Excel if you work with editorial projects, with literature, music, culture and traditions", but, it is the most erroneous concept I have heard in all my life. I say this because in our exponential growth as an editorial line, Microsoft Excel has contributed greatly to strengthen each of our internal processes and the interrelationship with our direct suppliers, customers, general public and internal ordering of the information we are capturing and systematizing. Thanks to Microsoft Excel we can organize, systematize and file each one of our advances in different types of files organized and defined by compilations, chapters, authors, types of traditions, musical aspects and other typifications defined by all our team. Currently we have a large database where we also host our suppliers, trusted bookstores, potential customers and our greatest treasure, the public that attends each of our activities, book baptisms, musical and artistic presentations. Excel brilliantly combines organizational practicality with information exposure, making it an absolutely necessary software for the growth of our editorial line.

Bonnie Miller

Excel

Reviewed 2018-09-12

I think Excel is great and I am not an accountant or bookkeeper! At work it helps me track open and close dates of events and programs, as well as help keep my budget on track. I even use its Alignment/Orientation function to print the names on graduation certificates. That one is a life saver! I also create calendars with Excel to help me remember reoccurring announcements that are posted only few times each semester, but not always on the same day/date (other calendar tools do not work as well for this). At home I use Excel to help me organize everything from names on a gift registry to costs and supplies for family birthday parties and Christmas wish/shopping lists. I use Excel every semester to help me organize the kids hectic school, sports, and activity schedules so we don't leave anyone without a ride or babysitter! (Color coding is especially helpful with this one.) And now that the oldest is in college and working part-time, I also use Excel to create an easy to read (and follow) college class and work schedule that I post on the fridge and family bulletin board so we all know when and where he is M-F (so we aren't bugging him if he is in class or at work). Believe it or not, I even use it to help me and my family track such things as household tasks/duties and even which new Fall premiers are airing first so we don't forget to set up the DVR. I use it literally every day. It is more versatile than you can imagine. I use it at work and at home almost every day. I use it for so many tasks that go far beyond what a normal table or spreadsheet program could do. It is my go-to place for creating tables, calendars, lists, rosters, budget charts, food and calorie logs, shopping/grocery lists, and I could go on and on.

Mike Gathirimu

Microsoft Excel is the most Dynamic tool for undertaking financial tasks like data entry.

Reviewed 2018-09-07

We have been able to solve a lot of business problems with Microsoft Excel. Below are some of the obstacles that we are able to overcome at workstation. 1. Financial reporting 2. Creating appealing spreadsheets 3. Carrying out data entry projects 4. Realization of arithmetic operations- Formulas on this software help us in such areas. 5. Statistical sampling Finally, I would highly recommend Microsoft Excel to all those individuals that are looking to save time and energy while carrying out some vital business operations like financial reporting.To begin with, I must disclose that I have been using Microsoft Excel for more than six years +. In the midst of Microsoft Office suite, Excel is my favorite solution which has helped me to excel and is yet to do a lot. What I like about Microsoft Excel is that it is easy to install, setup, and reset up even with a little knowledge. Due to that, it is not necessarily to get comprehensive training in order to be a pro- since there is tons of tutorials in the entire internet. Personally, I used Excel in campus to solve some calculations, mainly repetitive calculations since it has all the tools for such capabilities. Nowadays, Microsoft Excel is one of the systems that help me to save time and energy since I am able to create, format, and edit spreadsheets. In addition, I like this software since it is available as both on-premise and cloud-based solution. With cloud-based solution or what we call Office 365, it is easy to work from anywhere provided there is stable internet connection.

Elias Muiruri

The most advanced Spreadsheet and data entry platform

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Microsoft Excel has the features that enables our business to perform some vital business functions such as financial reporting. This platform makes work easier since it performs tasks that could not be handled in a day by workforce. That way, we are better off to save teams time and effort while carrying out some essential obligations such as payroll and financial reporting.Microsoft Excel is an easy-to-use platform since it has a straightforward interface. For that reason, it is easy to set-up this software for the capabilities that will suit the needs of any organization. I like Microsoft Excel since it has all the features for small to large financial reporting. The organization that I am working for has used MS Excel as their financial reporting tool for more than six years now. Personally, I incorporate this platform to analyze large spreadsheets with many rows and columns. Ever since I started using Microsoft Excel financial reporting has never been daunting. Additionally, I like Microsoft Excel since it is available both as cloud-based solution and on-premise. With cloud-based solution, I am able to carry out significant business functions from anywhere, provided there is a stable cloud computing.

Maryorie Hernández

Excel efficient multi-area spreadsheet

Reviewed 2018-08-03

The Excel is a tool of frequent use, as a teacher it allows me to take a history of attendance, grades, make previous and final notes, it is like a kind of a pre-record, also used it to analyze the behavior of the students in a particular way during the Semester development. As a researcher, he used it to empty the data and put together a base that allows the application of formulas to determine particular statistical aspects such as fashion, coefficients, variances and covariances, estimates, frequencies, intervals, means, medians, chi-square, correlation, others. It also allows to edit tables and graphs for the presentation of data and results. I have also used it to assemble accounting books and make purely financial calculations.It is a very practical spreadsheet that can be used for countless tasks and areas of application such as audits, accounting, finance, mathematics, education, research, among others, which allows to empty data of various types that form a database that can be edit with the use of many formulas from the simplest to the most complex to execute calculations on data that in turn analyzes it to determine particular amounts that give answers to questions, mediating numerical results, graphs, tables, among others. Similarly Excell that the spreadsheet can be customized according to the tastes of who uses it, and according to the end of the information that is expected to meet in order to meet specific needs. It also allows multiple spreadsheets to be handled in a single file, which even gives the tools to connect them together. At the time of printing allows to hide information that is considered not relevant to display, even if the information from a previous spreadsheet is required, it can be copied to another sheet to work on it, leaving the original intact. Another function that is very good that generate database in my case education for student notes, and allows you to create macros to show only a case of particular notes (note of a student) and can even connect with the presentation of student behavior through graphs, without the need to show all the results of the database. .

Rodrigo Garcia Nava

The most powerful spreadsheet software (yet simple by far, especially for large scale complex tasks

Reviewed 2018-08-01

The amount of work we handled could only be done by this software, we tried other alternatives and nothing worked, especially at the amazing speed of MS Excel. Many people have this software which makes it easy to share and collaborate. That is the reason why this software is the standard in industry.It is extremely powerful, fast and reliable software for medium to large scale financial reporting. My personal experience with this software is a testimony of this statement. I have worked for years in (large scale) financial reporting, the position is called financial controller of car manufacturer which produces 500,000 cars per year. Our financial reporting software for the past 5 years has been MS Excel and to give you an idea of the scale, we use very large spreadsheets (100 sheets, with a couple of thousand used rows and hundreds of columns, linked to 30-40 files with a large VBA codes in them) we even had to migrate from .xlsm to .xlsb to speed up the process. We've integrated it with SAP (ERP software) and work flawlessly and fast, we have even developed our own MS Excel in house Add-ons. It is easy to track errors and formulas, you can combine Boolean conditions easily with the use of sum-product, lookup and indexing functions, it even has an optimisation solver embedded (simplex, non-linear and integer). The regression tools are at the level of specific data analysis software. But the best part of it is that many people have MS Excel installed in their computer which makes it extremely convenient and easy to share with anyone. I can only tell that by far is the best software (in general) I've ever used. I simply love it (as you can tell). Disclaimer: I've no longer work as a controller, I've moved to research and I still used it every day.

Anonymous

It is a wonderful software to work with numbers and simplify the work

Reviewed 2018-07-17

It has helped me in my daily work because it helps me to present the amounts of projects by companies of large macros to something easier and simplified is really recommended because the large number of tools they offer we can adapt to our needsExcel is a wonderful tool offered by Microsoft to simplify life for all of us who work with numbers, it has a great variety of formulas that according to what we need we can use it, with excel I have been able to simplify a large database in just what I need either inserting a table or a dynamic table, I can also represent in graphics some information that requires presenting to a third party, otherwise if you only need to see an information you can use the filters that allows you to filter the information by numbers, some keyword, the beginning of a sentence, colors among others its use is very relevant, it is an excellent tool if we learn to know it is not at all complicated and with its daily use we can get to know it better

Anonymous

Excel is the best software Microsoft make

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Our entire business is built upon our use Excel, we use it multiple times daily for literally any type of purpose you can imagine. There isn't anything that comes close to this software.Where to begin with Excel? - Well, it's a spreadsheet software package that has been around for decades, the ubiquitous method of making numbers do the work on a computer. Need to track your shares? got it, want to keep a list of your staff's birthdays? no problem, want to calculate your mortgage repayments? doddle. There is literally nothing that cannot be achieved with Excel, it is a flawless masterpiece of computer science design. If you ever reach a point where Excel cannot do something you want it to, you can learn the Visual Basic language and that opens up a whole other world of scripting possibilities. As a software development team, we pretty much use Excel on a daily basis, ideas, calculations, lists, anything can be done with this software. It is the backbone of our entire business and we simply couldn't live without it. Over the years the developers have added more and more features to keep it up to date, (it can link with live databases, do pivot tables, filter lists and results, and infinitely more) - if you ever find something Excel can't do, then it simply can't be done.

Anais Blequett

Listings, indicators, graphs, data tables and much more gives you excel

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Microsoft has done an incredible task, not only creating quality software such as Excel, but striving permanently in their updates to make it more and more complete, leaving the competition behind, leaving Excel as a pioneering program in terms of databases are concerned. Excel is the blessing of the evaluators and designers of indicators.Within the functions that I currently perform in my work, summarized in designing and analyzing indicators associated with administrative variables and prevention, Microsoft Excel is irreplaceable software. Excel is an old friend, he has been with me since my beginnings of higher education and now he does it in my work, he is a vital tool for my functions and that is why I summarize his benefits: In the first instance, it is an excellent database manager, which is complemented with multiple tools that simplify the elaboration and analysis of administrative indicators. These factors are necessary to perform a more precise and fast work. The linking of these indicators with different types of graphics summarizes a fascinating analytical and expository work, allowing not only to analyze indicators but to transmit them to my superiors. It also allows me to export this data to other software, diversifying my possibilities of analyzing indicators and their exposure. It has an excellent taskbar, combined with an exquisite presentation, which facilitates the work.

Anonymous

Extremely powerful spreadsheet software that is very versital

Reviewed 2018-07-09

Easy to keep your data in an organized way for quick analysis.Has integrated plotting routines and is very easy to use with math functions performed on cells. Can also be used for organizing non numeric inputs too. Has several choices on types of plots that can be selected in order to fit the data type be used. Once data is inputted analysis is easy to implement. Using formulas is also easy on all of the data or any portion of the data, all you have to do is select the portion of the data you want the formula to act on. If you have trouble finding the ways to use the formula or selecting how to input the formula you can just do a search online for the question you have on how to implement it. It's that easy, since Excel is so widely used. It is also great for inputting data from other software programs in various formats. Also it is easy to copy and paste the charts and plots into other software programs which makes it easy to back up the point you are making in any report or research you are generating.

Anonymous

Industry standard for good reason

Reviewed 2018-07-03

Excel allows me to organize a lot of data into one place easily and quickly. When I need to involve data that is more number-based, Excel allows me to perform any mathematical function necessary to manipulate the data the way I need to for the given situation. Overall, Excel saves me a lot of time, headaches, and hassle, because so many people can use it at a level proficient enough for most needs.There's a reason Excel is referred to as the industry standard spreadsheet software. This extraordinarily versatile software can perform basic operations like organizing data into meaningful ways, and can also perform more advanced operations like taking mass data and converting it into a visual to ease comprehension. In addition, Excel can perform sophisticated financial and mathematical tasks, reducing labor costs and costly arithmetic mistakes.

Reyes Rivero Gomes

My experience with excel has been quite good and has been improving over the years.

Reviewed 2018-06-30

I have benefited a lot from the use of excel from the university as well as the work environment. In the university on repeated occasions I have had to resort to the use of excel to quantify data obtained in the field for certain jobs among other things and in the field of work has certainly been very useful for the counting of sales, prices, costs, losses among other data that must be constantly updated by the company for which I work. Without a doubt, it is a software of excellence that with each passing year becomes more useful and easier to use, more user friendly. If it would be convenient that the support and the documentation of the same one was a little more simple to understand for those people who just begin to use it. What I like most about Excel is the ability to organize large amounts of data in spreadsheets and charts. With organized data, it is much easier to analyze, especially when it is used to create graphs and other visual data representations. In second place, the thing that I like most is that Excel processes data quickly, making mass calculations much easier than solving them on your own with a calculator. Excel also has formulas and equations that are used to quickly calculate simple and complex equations using large amounts of data. and finally, Excel is considered the standard for spreadsheet software and, for that reason, it enjoys support on almost all platforms, including smartphones and tablets. Most other spreadsheet programs also support importing Excel sheets into their original formats and exporting their own spreadsheets as Excel files.

Humberto Bello

With Excel you can sort the information easily and quickly, and separate tables and columns

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-06-24

Drawing graphics quickly and easily Printing facilities being possible to preview the print on screen. You can print vertically and horizontally Files can be protected with a password for greater security Manage headers and footers, titles, margins, automatic numbering of pages, automatic insertion of date and time Allows manipulating information directly, moving or changing size objects Allows you to see two or more applications on the screen at the same time Realization of arithmetic operations with formulasUse the conditional format Excel users can format their spreadsheets using different color tones, bold and italic, to differentiate between the columns and bring the most important data to the front. This function can be useful in the presentation of accounting information, such as the benefit before taxes and the balance that will be transferred by the company. Users can select an appropriate color scheme using the quick analysis button, and then by using the Format tab. Help identify trends When presenting the data in the form of tables or graphs, it may be useful to include middle lines, which explicitly detail the key trends that emerge from the information. This can help demonstrate key points to other users in a direct way - for example, an executive from a different department during a board meeting. Excel allows trend lines to extend beyond the graph, to provide predictions of activity in the future - and such forecasts can help companies develop their future strategy. Collect data Excel can be used to carry information from different files and documents together, so it exists in one place. As well as raw data and information from other spreadsheets, it is possible to import text and images. Other objects can be added using the Insert tab, spreadsheets or they can be added to the file.