Microsoft Excel Reviews

4.75/5 (5,515 reviews)

Nathan McKaskle

Well, it's an option

Reviewed 2019-02-12

A tolerant level of frustration, like accepting your parents or siblings because they're your only family, but they irritate you to no end. It's there and it's all you got because Google cloud apps are blocked by your law firm.The pros are thin on this software. I'll list them by number. 1. The software is over 20 years old and has been refined and recreated numerous times over that period. 2. It makes creating lists very easy when copying and pasting information from tables on web forms. It intuitively pastes tables by column and row quite accurately 99% of the time and enables you to take one column as a list and paste it anywhere else. This utility reduces the tedium of quickly conveying information to co-workers considerably. 3. The ability to import data by comma or tab delimited text files is also exceedingly powerful in reducing time spent listing or reporting on specific items in a format that is not conducive to pasting into a table, or perhaps powershell script derived data outputted to a comma delimited text file. As a computer engineer, this takes hours and hours of time and compresses it into minutes. 4. The formulas, while available on Google or other spreadsheets, are also good pros and help with calculating anything you need to do in terms of math from other columns, in my case and in short, capacity and utilization percentages of storage devices on hand.

Dimuthu Abeysinghe

I've been using this software for more than 10+ years. I am a daily user.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

I've been using this since my school period (For more than 10+ years) and now I am working as a project manager, leading company in my country. My entire office is using this software to ease daily tasks and through out years this software benefited me a lot. I am really thankful for the development team and hoping for more updates and better product variations. Excel is a very helpful software to continue with office work (specially finance related, mathematics). I find it easy to use with the functionalities provided. Comparing old versions and new versions, there is a good change with time other than many office products (Access, Word, Powerpoint etc). Functions are updated and easy to use. Suggestions with keywords are really appreciative and Excel always push me to use it because of it's simplicity and user friendliness. It has also become very attractive with the interface changes comparing to the older versions. Specially the start up page, amazing view.

Anonymous

Reconsider if you're thinking of using Excel for content writing / editing

Reviewed 2018-11-13

For some of our social media post planning, it's been established for a while to use Excel rather than Word because the rows-and-charts format of Excel seems to lend itself to calendar planning. However, I would not recommend using Excel for actual content that needs to be used later (like copy for the posts themselves). When it comes to working with content, Excel is lackluster where Word excels — particularly when it comes to Track Changes. Word's Track Changes feature is great for being able to keep track of edits (especially because you can toggle on and off the visibility of the changes), whereas Excel's Track Changes feature is pretty much useless if the cell has more than a few words in it. So, use Excel to write and edit content at your own peril.It does what it's meant to do for number-cruching, and organization of cells that are for numbers or short phrases.

rodrigo fajardo

Old approach, obsolete, do you really need 1 million formulas?

Reviewed 2019-01-04

I usually work budgets, graphic results for the unit and purchasing comparisons. I´ve lost my work so many times in excel because of crash that i definitely left off. It seems like this software has not evolved during so many years. I find it obsolete for the actual needs in 2018 era, graphics are ugly, colors are opaque, lines, forms, design is overall not pleasing to the eye. I went to the main competitor, Google docs and its like going from hell to heaven.Is easy to find Excel almost in any computer in the world. There are a LOT of formulas and the interface is easy now than it was a few years ago.

Anonymous

Excel is powerful, but has shortcomings

Reviewed 2018-11-29

My experience with Excel is generally positive, but there are often headaches that we shouldn't encounter for software that we pay for.Excel's functions are really powerful, allowing us to track with month-to-month realtor commissions and take home pay quickly and easily.

Robert Caguana Simancas

Benefits of excel

Reviewed 2019-01-02

Excel is a very useful tool to perform accounting tasks in my work, because with Excel I can perform very complex calculations with a simple formula, and I can even compare the Balance of verification of a period with a balance of verification of another period, just enter a column and apply a simple formula, which saves me a lot of time, which I can invest in other tasks of my day to day.

Microsoft Excel Review

Reviewed 2018-10-25

Very good experience. It may be the best spreadsheet software out there, but on the other hand, the perfect software probably does not exist. Each has its pros and cons.It is relatively easy-to-use, convenient when it comes to filtering data, awesome for calculations, has numerous charts for business, and great add-ins for analysis, and the integration with MS Office Suite is a great addition as well.

Kevin S. Orbach

Ubiquitous, nearly essential, but extremely frustrating

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Excel is powerful and useful in many of my day-to-day and strategic planning tasks. It could use a makeover.Excel is simply the standard for spreadsheet applications. All the features I need are there, it can interface with other applications easily through CSVs, pivot tables are helpful. It is a very powerful, enterprise level program that is often underutilized.

ROBERT LANGTON

Excel for office use

Reviewed 2018-08-15

great program and will continue to learn more about it and use it throughout my daily office activities. multiple ways to customize almost any report needed and can build all of my own custom pages I need to run my office and track everything I need to so I can keep and accurate count on money and service and employees all around.

Justine Martinez

Useful, but not User Friendly

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-04

I know many people that love excel and it helps them and their business tremdously. Perhaps it's nothing but user error, but I do think it lacks the wonderful ease of use that microsoft offers with their other softwares.This software is a great organizational tool for making list, budgets, tables, chart and more. It creates clean spreadsheets and tallies totals.

Tracy Lord, MSL, RP

Too many people use spreadsheets

Reviewed 2018-06-18

When used for spreadsheets, Excel is top notch. It has many mathematical functions, and an end user will find this very beneficial. Once I learned how to use Excel, I really loved it.

Anonymous

works but takes a while to learn

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I love using excel to create spreadsheets to keep track of sales, etc. but it has so much potential when you really know how to use it and I just don't. I see classes to take but they are for the newest version which is not what my organization has. Overall though I do find it so helpful and it makes my day to day so much easier. that you can create spreadsheets and it assists you in being organized

Manav Sahni

Worked good in less data processing tasks.

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Using to plan deadlines and to have count of the house spent on tasks. Tracking with daily progressive count.Excel spreadsheets are good to work with less data. To maintain records, its works fine . Formulas given for calculation are easily understandable. Charts and graphs are Available for analysis. more than one spread sheet data can be compared and can make less chances of mistakes

Anonymous

Classic program to develop results of my projects.

Reviewed 2018-07-14

I use it daily to simplify calculations of echocardiographic measurements; and to quickly perform tables and graphs of the results of my research work.It simplifies the work by solving calculations that would be endless. Make in situ graphics that can be exported to another program such as Word, Power Point.

Brianna McGregor

Excel is useful, but I prefer Google Sheets

Reviewed 2018-11-22

Although I used to enjoy Excel quite a bit, I’ve started becoming more fond of Google Sheets. Excel is nice because you can save your work in various formats that make it easy to import into different websites (i.e. CSV format). It’s also fairly simple to use the formula functions to have Excel do the hard work for you!

Abby Simek

Need to be Savvy with codes and numbers..

Reviewed 2018-12-12

It’s a great program if you’re reviewing information already formulated, looking over formulas, reports, etc. Its possible to format reports and graph data.

Volker Boelsch

Excel is still a bug infested mess

Reviewed 2018-11-14

...but it does what it should, if you know how to use it.Everybody has it and everybody uses it. It has become such a powerful tool, that you can do almost anything with it.

R. Greg Crews

A great platform, if you need a feature rich and customize-able app.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

It's longevity and feature rich presentation. I f you lived 100 years I dont think you'd be able to explore everything that you can do with this software. It's almost an OS!

Anonymous

Excel is everyones' super power

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Pretty poor, even with the new suite of versioning tools and collaborative work. It's still very clunky and not intuitive. I hope Excel goes away as a preferred tool, in lieu of dedicated databases and nice interfaces.It's very easy to use and manipulate. Minimal training needed.

Anonymous

Buggy, sluggish, and hard on computers

Reviewed 2018-07-22

Excel comes free on most computers so its familiar to most people including myself. The interface is clean and its easy to navigate.

Elizabeth Musili

Excel Review

Reviewed 2019-01-02

Creating spreadsheets from anywhere there is stable internet connection while using Office 365.It is very straightforward to use Excel with or without getting trained. Documentations and tutorials about Excel are all over the web-this is another thing that I like most about Excel.

Jose Alejandro Colmenares

Excelent software to have organizated your data, use formulas and macros.

Reviewed 2018-06-25

It made much easier my work, it can be used by many ways, personally i've used it on inventory, graphics and presentation of data.This Excel is very useful for many activities, you can do inventary with it, if you know how to use formulas and combine cells, can be very helpful, i personally use it in my work to keep our systems data saved there, we use the different pages to keep many customer data there, always protecting the file by password. We do create graphics, growings by feeding the data from cells.

Anonymous

Very powerful software, but lots of issues

Reviewed 2018-09-24

This software is great because it is super versatile, and all of the features and functions that are available make it a very useful software when dealing with documents and large amounts of data.

Anonymous

Everyone needs a class for this

Reviewed 2019-01-07

I like the potentiality Excel provides--genuinely, if you need to do something relating to numbers, graphs, mathematical formulas or functions, or statistics, Excel is what you should be using.

Nabil Khalid

management just got easier

Reviewed 2018-11-01

I use excel to manage tasks assigned to my teams, manage finance records and attendance.This is a very fundamental software that helps you manage and organize your stuff. There are tons of functions and plenty of add-ons.