Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Microsoft OneNote

Collaboration and file management

Microsoft OneNote

Keeps my Lesson Plans Organized!

OneNote has organized me, kept me organized and improved the efficiency of using my lesson planning system. As all of my lesson are divided by program, it has allowed me to standardize all the files.

Pros

What I love the most about this program is that all my files are visible at a glance. The easy tab system allows for quick flipping from one file to another. I also use the screen clipping feature a lot for images, articles or keeping track of bill payments.

Cons

As I was used to the 2016 version, I did find it difficult to adjust to the new layout of the latest update. After so many years of daily use, my eyes automatically searched in the same way.

One Note - You got everything You need to note.

Pros

A clear and simple tool for anyone to organize notes, perform some structure and never lose his\her brilliant ideas, thoughts or product list for shopping. One Note gives an opportunity to save various notes, edit them, add links, pictures, etc. One of the brightest things are - several notebooks in one place, handwriting (you can write down or draw any idea without typing or taking pictures), sharing. While sharing some of your notes you can start a collaboration or share your insights with your team.

Cons

I can't mention something really serious. Up to me, it's a good tool, one of the MS still working well nothing to say about Skype and others. In addition, it would be great to have a browser plugin, as far as I know, there is none right now.

What would I do without it?

Pros

This application is part of my set of auto-open apps that I start as soon as I log in for the day. It's that vital to me. I love the ability to copy text or an image from a website and have the URL of the source pasted in right alongside it. It blew my mind when I first encountered the feature. This application helped me through a very challenging training course and I continue to use it every day.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to organize tags. Don't get me wrong, being able to show a list of all tags in a notebook is great. But due to the amount of tags I use, it can be a little overwhelming. This may be more of a training/discipline issue, but with everything else that OneNote does great, there's a real opportunity here.

Onenote is the most flexible notetaking and retrieval program I have found. Its power is its lightning fast searches.

Pros

The ability to separate subjects into separate notebook files. And that you can input data from your camera, voice dictation, typing and HANDWRITING!!!. When you enter a picture that contains text you can enable Onenote to make text searchable. I can write notes on top of our schematics to show changes to my colleges. Onedrive allows me to access my data from my phone and desktop without having to take an extra syncing step. I have digitized our manuals and share them via web over our intranet. That is very handy.

Cons

This product is not configured well right out of the box. You will have to google tutorials on how this should be setup to get the most out of it. Good news is that this is a one time setup.

OneNote - the only Note application that gives me the flexibility I want

With OneNote I am able to nearly eliminate floating papers and organize information and my thoughts in a way that I can find what I need, quickly and easily.

Pros

OneNote is the only Note application that gives me the flexibility to organize my notes in an easily accessible and organized way that matches the way I think. OneNote gives me access to all of my notes in a cohesive format that allows my thoughts to flow smoothly. I often need to find information in another note and other applications make it difficult to find the information when compared to OneNote.

Cons

I use OneNote on an iPad and there are a few minute bugs that are bothersome.

Effective and organized digital notebook

It is an effective tool for meetings, it makes my notes organize and above all keeps me up to date of the important activities, and can be opened in any device.

Pros

OneNote by Microsoft is a perfect replacement for notepads on meetings. The convenience it brings to me by just using a laptop or a tablet to take note the important details during our meetings in the office and important details for my project. I've been using this software for years now. It makes my notes organized. This is user-friendly and is a perfect tool for personal or job related notes.

Cons

I have no regret for using OneNote. I am wishing for upgrades soon on the software. I am disappointed, because it does its functions very well.

This program got me through college!

Pros

While needing to take notes in college at the fastest possible speed, I did not have to worry about the program re-formatting or messing with my notes. I could place notes anywhere on the page, highlight sections, and draw arrows, circles, or whatever was necessary to adequately take the notes. I loved handwriting notes, and this was just as enjoyable and was the way that I was able to get through college and prepare for tests successfully!

Cons

I potentially would have liked slightly different ways to organize folders, though it worked out well mostly. I do not concrete cons about this program because I think that it did everything it needed to!

Digital Board with flexible features

Pros

This is the best tool to organize your work, take notes, clip images/screenshots in any business. It is like digital board where you can write anything, anywhere on the screen with complete formatting. You can copy and paste images along with text.and the best feature is you dont need to save any of your work on this board. Hence, reduces the possibility of loosing your notes due to unexpected power outage or system problems.

Cons

I haven't seen any cons as such. I mainly use this tool to take my notes, add some clippings related to my work. However, it does not support handwriting. It would be very useful if we simply draw anything on the screen.

Great Notetaking Tool and Research Repsitory

Highly recommend that you use it frequently. It is my go-to note taking device and allows me to easily organize my stuff in a way that mimics a paper based note system while getting the features of cloud based storage

Pros

I love the fact that I can manage multiple notebooks for work and personal use. I use OneNote to keep track of User Recommendations/Feedback, future tech enhancements to our site, projects etc. On a personal front I keep articles I want to read, lists of books that are recommended to me etc. Its a great clipboard.

Cons

There aren't a lot of downsides. It would be great if they would start to include a clipping tool for other browsers like Chrome, but I think that is unlikely.

Great for IDEAs and Note Taking in one location

Pros

Has several different books you can save in and go back and forth between. Does not require you to press save each time when you add or subtract information. It has several abilities that of Microsoft Office, and easy to use. The setup is very easy to learn and become familiar with if you have even basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office family of Software. It has a desktop and cloud version, which...

Cons

I found it hard to delete notebooks, still unsure how to do it, I can close a notebook but to perm. delete one shoudl be a bit easier. I honestly has been a few months, I use it everyday and have not found any signifigant glitches or issues to complain about as of yet.

One Note is a great organization tool!

It's great for school use too and you can use it from a creative perspective and draw etc. also.

Pros

Not enough people know how great One Note really is and how much it can help you organize your life. In a work setting, one note is able to import your emails so you can seamlessly organize any to-do's or meetings throughout the day. I use it for conversations with employees, so I can always have a tracking method for any conversations that took place. It's really intuitive and simple to use.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this product. It really is versatile and simple and Microsoft has made it easily transferable to their other products too.

Great program to organize, search and store your notes

Even though using OneNote requires you to be signed up for OneDrive, it still is a lot cheaper than buying a premium version of its competitors. To get similar functionality as OneNOte, you woud need to buy a premium version if you are going with a competitors.

Pros

Save and organize digital notes, typed or handwritten. You can tag your notes and search for it at a later time. There are many preset tags such as remind tag, to do tag, etc. When it comes to organizing abiities, OneNote beats its competitors. You can place these tags on any section, notebooks, pages. It also allows you to save different type of information on the same page, such as pictures, to-do lists and notes. Cost wise it is also better than its competition.

Cons

OneNote storage comes from OneDrive. If you want to use OneNote, you will need to sign up for OneDrive.

Great product for enterprise and ok for home use

Pros

OneNote is a great enterprise tool that has pretty much any feature/function you would want, from tagging, links, both internal and external, embedded tables, video and so much more.

Cons

For home use you can't, for example, import any older OneNote notebooks and it's primary use is connecting it to OneDrive, especially when using with any mobile device. This somewhat limits it's use, though I may be a bit jaded having used it extensively at work. I tried it for home and it works well enough, but the limitations just bugged me to the point where I switched to something else. I didn't like putting my information onto a cloud server.

MS OneNote becomes one place for all notes

Pros

Microsoft has really made a gem with this product. OneNote has such a wide breadth of functionality that serves a number of areas of my life. Personally, OneNote is great for handwriting notes and keeping organized notebooks of ideas, projects, and future plans. Professionally, OneNote serves me in my office and in how I support instructors at my institution. We share notebooks of ideas, template our instructional design work, and design activities for teachers to deliver to their students. The synchronous use of the tool allows learners and teachers to work on documents together across devices and even across space as we deliver them in online courses.

Cons

The parity across the desktop app, the mobile app, and the web platform is not yet consistent. There are features available in each space that are useful but that do not work as well as in one of the others. Specifically, using the web platform has better response times on synchronous work: if I handwrite notes on the web platform, they will show up almost immediately on someone else's screen using the web platform. With the apps, there is a significant delay.

A great note taking tool, save the trees and use less paper.

Pros

One Note is a great way to take notes and keep your information organized. As a project manager I have a multitude of meetings to keep track of and One Note is my go to tool. I can bring in pictures, drawings, PDFs into my notebook with ease. We have One Note integrated with SharePoint so I can easily share my notes with coworkers or stakeholders. Personally I also use One Note with the personal version of Office 365. I can access my notes from my work PC, home laptop, or even my iPhone.

Cons

Formatting documents can be tricky, sometimes I need to edit in word and copy those over rather than edit in Onenote.

Flexible and Easy to use tool to help you stay organized

Pros

If the application is made to ‘public’, you can share information. You can keep all your accounts as well as your notes updated. You can gain access to your notes via any of the devices. The application has its graphical user interface designed well and it is easy to use. It does not take much time lag to get started up with the application. The application is flexible and you can easily edit once you have created it. You can even tag articles from web sources to your notes. The search feature is very robust.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate from one workbook to another. It doesn't support audio or video format files. Inability to save files that exceed storage limit of 100MB. Lacks in inbuilt graphics feature. It is difficult to add a new block.

Let's get organized!

Pros

The software is easy to use - intuitive so you can start getting organized quickly. I love that you can add different types of information to your notes - i.e., bring in other documents, pictures, etc. so I can house all my information in one spot. It was a great platform to gather notes as I transitioned into a new role that required a lot of changes to keep organized. And, when I had a new employee start - it was easy to share my helpful tips to naviagating accounting/new company with the new employee (i.e., emailing a page)

Cons

It can be distracting for others when you are taking notes in a meeting. Not the software's issue - just if you have "old school" employees they may think you are not paying attention and multi-tasking.

Microsoft OneNote: Acting like a leader

When one size fits all in Automated Notetaking/organization Software App, EverNote isn't free, but Microsoft OneNote is - free in two versions and works across all operating systems, flawlessly. Did I say, FREE? And free is the least of the features included in Microsoft's state-of-the-art notetaking and organization OneNote. Free as a stand-alone, or packaged in Microsoft Office 365 which includes everything from Word through skype and more.

Pros

For any business, school, or personal use, quick uploading and organization of unlimited multipage notes have never been more user-friendly and reliable than Microsoft OneNote app and software. No matter what platform the note was taken or written. And, since one version is an online app while another can be downloaded onto the desktop, all notes remain in one place and follows the user wherever there's an internet connection. Last, but not least it's Free, the perfect companion for MS Word files, Excel, etc. I'm always in need of the notes and research references I product and save from online sources, whether, in PDF or some other formate, constant availability is my lifeline for school, personal and business endeavors.

Cons

Synchronization between OneNote desktop and the online version would blow EverNote off the map. But since it doesn't, a few extra clicks to save in both versions solves the problem.

The best note-taking app I've used (and I've tried a lot)

Pros

Text and handwriting in photos can be searched for. It automatically skew-corrects and color-corrects camera photos of a slideshow projection. People write amazing plug-ins for it. I use this hourly at home and at work, for keeping track of all kinds of information, including collaborating with my family and team members on the same notebook. It's awesome

Cons

There isn't a built-in way to view notes by date created or edited, but there are third-party plug-ins that help with that. It requires OneDrive (or Sharepoint, Teams, etc.) to collaborate efficiently, which I'm not a big fan of

OneNote makes sharing information easy!

It's been great. I use it on my tablet, mobile device, desktop, and use it for the prime communication tool for my team.

Pros

OneNote is a great tool to have with the entire MS product suite. It offers quick access to notes that the entire team can share, edit, modify and alert when updates are made. This has made our process of updated requirements and sharing new priorities a seamless process.

Cons

As mentioned, anyone can edit. We've had issues with people not following documentation standards within MS OneNote, which causes confusion - but that is more of a user error than anything that OneNote is doing.

All your clips and screenshots can now be easily managed.

Pros

It syncs very well with all your devices. One could easily take clips of web pages and store them systematically using this application. Also, there is an opportunity for the users to make notes (could be handwritten or typed) and then share with their contacts. There is an offline version too. Bookmarks can also be easily made using this application.

Cons

Even though we can share our files, one has to log in to view the files that have been shared. It is not possible to save a file with size more than 100MB. The Android version is not as efficient as the desktop version.

My Personal Notebook in a Cloud

Pros

I use OneNote for my notes and listings. It’s like my diary or notebook where I store all important information I have gathered from websites or trainings. I like OneNote because I can assure that all my files are secured and stored in a cloud platform. I like the OneNote badge feature when using my android mobile phone because it is easy to take notes when i jump from one website to another when researching. You can also add files and images to be stored. I think the recording is very cool. Some prefer recording their voice for storing information rather than typing.

Cons

OneNote Badge is only available on mobile application. This is not available on PC application and feature was made for Android users.

ONE NOTE is the best Software for Note Keeping

The ability to take Notes for Different Companies and different projects and store them all in one place in an organized fashion

Pros

I love One Note as it is the easiest Note Taking Software around. You can create different Notebooks with subtabs in each notebook to organize everything according to category. This was they are always there in an organized fashion when you need them. The best part is you can create everything on either your PC or Phone and they Sync between each other.

Cons

I didn't have anything that I do not like about this software. It think it is absolutely the best

One Notes - Microsoft Review

Pros

YET another GREAT software by Microsoft. It's super user friendly. The nice thing about OneNote like many Microsoft program (if not ALL) whenever you don't know something about the product or if you need help finding way to maximize it you can always find help or search on the program "how to". Great product for keeping important information saved.

Cons

Not too many cons. It would be nice to see Microsoft allow OneNote notes to be saved in PDF form. The format of Microsoft is very nice. It should be able to be printed as seen on the computer.

One of the best note taking application out there!

All in all, this application is very reliable and helpful. It allows you to retrieve your notes anytime and anywhere when you needed it and most of all you just need your smart phone or device to use it.

Pros

I love using this application. It’s allows me to save up notes anytime I want to. It’s very reliable and its effortless to sync all notes in one. Amazing search result. I can easily search the note with one go. It also has many features which I think is great. Fantastic design, very mininal, looks neat and very flexible.

Cons

I’ve been using this for the longest time and I cannot really tell if there’s a big downside about this application. Its wonderful and very helpful especially if you want to organize all of your notes and thoughts.