Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Microsoft OneNote

Collaboration and file management

Microsoft OneNote

Amazing Product

OneNote is not for everyone, but if you want to keep all of your files organized in one program, this is the one to use. It's easy to use on all devices and works great between team members in a work setting.

Pros

Very easy to use Synchronizes seamlessly between devices Great tool for brainstorming Easy to share between different people Very organized

Cons

The program has frozen and shut down several times randomly for no apparent reason. No information was lost, but it is time-consuming to have to reboot the program.

A very simple and complete notebook

Pros

If you ever used Microsoft Suite, you will feel at home. You don't have to learn how to use it because everything comes easily. I like how easy is to find complements for it. Unlike other products, OneNote is completely free. And you can use on your computer, at the iPad and phone.

Cons

When you make a note on your computer and opens on your phone, the note isn't responsive, so you have to move your fingers side to side to read everything. This is the only down point.

Great way to take notes

I have been using this software for about 2 years now for school. I like it because my classes use PDFs instead of powerpoints so I can download the PDFs and insert them into one note and type under the PDF slides. It is also nice to have the pictures and my own notes all in one place.

Pros

I love that I can download class PowerPoints/PDF files and then type into them with one note. It makes note taking so much easier because everything is in one place. I love that you can also draw and add pictures if needed. It is great for all kinds of learners.

Cons

I think it can be a little intimidating at first. I think a tutorial on how to use it would have made it less intimidating.

Very effecient Note for text and images as well

Pros

We used it to maintain a local knowledge base system and also to update our task status, helped in that the sharing feature which is very good so we can update locally and automatically will update for all the team.

Cons

Till now i didn’t find a Cons to tell as i can do all what i was expected from it - very easy to create a note - easy to share with your team - the integration with outlook woks very well If i found any con in the future i will update here

Use Everyday

Great tool! Keep improving.

Pros

I use OneNote every day to keep track of information. I can't remember it all in my head so it goes into OneNote. I use it for tracking authors and reading, recipes, family information, pretty much anything that I may need to take with me and refer to in any place I'd have my phone or computer.

Cons

Can't think of anything. At one point I was unable to get to my password protected files from the phone app but that has since been updated.

Your thoughts and ideas will always be available and all in one tool

Pros

The graphic interface is comfortable and attractive ... it organizes things very well, so that it encourages you to use it ... you can, no matter how big, get your information quickly (whatever you can think of ... images, notes, texts, audio and video recordings), you can access the same information in parallel, (online or offline) is compatible with a ton of programs, other facilities for the creation and registration of your ideas

Cons

There is nothing I dislike on this product…. may be the mobile version could have been a much better, There are a ton of features to learn, the price is a little high

Solid App for Note Taking During Meetings

Been great for the most part, and a key tool for remaining productive.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to make multiple "books" that serve different purposes, excellent pen support on both Windows and ipads, and the ability to import PDFs of slides into the platform for easy annotation Also great is the ability to record sound, which is important for meeting recap after the fact.

Cons

App stability can be problematic at times, and sync to the cloud can be spotty at times.

A Serviceable Free Note Taking App

Pros

- It's free - Free plan comes with 5GB of storage, which is more than enough for image notes - Much more organization capabilities than Google Keep - Drawing function pretty useful, especially if paired with a Surface tablet

Cons

- Set up is just not as friendly or easy as Google Keep - Microsoft's platform is just so bloated in comparison to Google - Integration on my phone is not as seamless as it could be (Microsoft apps have some issues on Android)

Great Features and Creativity

Pros

The best feature of this software is that it allows you to combine anything on one page. From images, text, audio, links, graphs, tables to any other presentation tools needed. It has a good sharing option and adds more creativity to a document. Highly recommend for team work presentations. It can also be accessed from anywhere computer cellphone or tablet.

Cons

no cons so far. we love it and implement in our everyday office use. love it

OneNote Key Tool for notes

I run multiple projects at the same time so I am in multiple meetings per day. OneNote is a great way for me to take notes for the different projects and meetings I am in.

Pros

I like the versatility of OneNote in taking notes. I like the ability to take notes that are typed so I can share with others. Great way to organize the different projects and meetings I am in.

Cons

A great tool so the only thing is a better way to search across tabs to find the particular work I am looking for.

It's great, when I remember it is there.

I would definitely recommend One Note based on its own merits but while recommending it I would also be mentioning a few of its competitors that do as good a job, are less forgettable and are not as tied to a subscription fee. I am also going to try and take advantage of it more myself, because it does do a great job.

Pros

One Note is extremely convenient to use. It gives great ways to organize and a pile of ways to input and collect your thoughts, being able to type, draw and keep audio notes all in one place.

Cons

I have two cons for One Note - for one, it is tied to Office 365 so you need to be subscribed to make it work for you and for two, and maybe it is my fault, but I keep forgetting it exists. I default to every other note keeping app and completely forget about One Note even though it works about as well as its competitors. This make me feel like I am not getting the most out of my subscription.

Great multi-user collaboration w/ a few glitches

I use OneNote almost every day at work, and it's our master repository for tracking processes or issues we faced. It's great when it works, but it can be very limited in some capacities.

Pros

Multi-user collaboration, along w/ the ability to organize through tabs and sub-tabs.

Cons

It's very inflexible when I want to drop multiple text boxes and images near each other. I need more sensitivity to move around text boxes. Also, I often get syncing issues across devices, and it has to create tab copies to save my data.

your file save automatically upon using the product

Pros

OneNote can work as a digital notebook but the most craziest thing about this app is that not just text, you can also save videos, images, and audio, it is also easy to sync with other app such as dropbox, icloud, etc. it is also free to download.

Cons

i dont see anything bad about this app. Onenotes have everything I need in a digital notebook. you can use this as a journal and a simple notebook with your personal to do-list.

This free program helps organize a law practice in a manner similar to programs costing thousands of dollars

We use this program daily and cannot believe that others have not discovered its many applications.

Pros

We use this program to keep track of complex discovery, commonly used office forms, practices, and procedures, and generally to keep our practice functioning on an even keel.

Cons

It is sometimes a bit difficult to figure out how to use one note to organize a task, but once some thought is applied, it generally serves to streamline and memorialize procedures.

Great Software for taking notes

Pros

To my opinion the best software for taking notes, with lot of way for formatting the text of the notes, giving the chance to flag completed tasks and highlight important topics. Possible to have it and use it on smartphone and tablet with very fast synchronization

Cons

It does not allow to set alarm for due tasks, I am not sure it is a con, actaually Onenote is for taking notes. Maybe a connection with Outlook tasks could help

An excellent note that gets you through your day

Awesome. Recommend everyone to use

Pros

It’s a really flexible app and packed with features like storing voice notes, web clipper etc. A feature that stands out is that it syncs really fast among devices; I’m typing a note on my pc and I step out, I can continue typing on my mobile. It also integrates well with Active Directory, making it easy for collaboration and notes sharing with my co-workers. Finally it’s a free software, that’s great.

Cons

So far the experience has been awesome, can say any cons except that the application on my pc freezes up once in a long while

Love love love One Note!

Pros

I love how it has essentially gotten rid of my notebooks, I can take notes and organize them perfectly, that way everything is always searchable and I am not looking through pages and pages of something to find something. I love how it syncs with all devices.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing doesn't work correctly. I haven't noticed that in a long time though so maybe that is something that has been fixed along the way.

One Note Pros and Cons

One Note was created with the intent to compile multiple different pieces of data together into one easy format and presentation. As a presenter of information to students, faculty, and noncollege personnel, I truly appreciated incorporating multiple forms of imagery to present information in a clear and understandable manner. It was also a format most had on their computers and devices which allowed me to simplify my work to a flash drive.

Pros

One note allowed me to incorporate pictures, audio, and videos from multiple formats that easily integrated into the program. The program also added a time date and copyright information so credit would be provided to the proper sources. The program allowed for a clear presentation of information in a fun way.

Cons

One of the most frustrating aspects of this program was the loss of information. Annual program updates would lose data from the prior version to the updated version. I worked with IT personell and they were not able to understand why my old data would not transfer to the new updated version. This ended in a loss of productivity as it was necessary for me to recollect data and some information was no longer accessible.

One Note is the note tool you should be using

One Note is way better than most other online/app note taking software. Simply for the fact that it syncs across all devices, including PCs

Pros

You can sync your notes across devices, work offline and easily organize your notes. not to mention there are a number of apps that have native support to publish to One Note

Cons

There's not a lot of metadata available to customize. You can't do much to tag or search notes for specific things besides topics

Very user friendly

It is easy to use on many devices, Pc, laptop, Smartphone and tablet, syncro all the notes among them

Pros

The possibility to format what you write in all possible ways, also highlighting notes

Cons

There is really nothing missing to my opinion in OneNote, it is full of features for taking notes. Maybe also a feature for remembering things to do with notifications or alarm would be useful, but actually it is a software for taking notes, not a ToDo

OneNote Runs My Life

Pros

My husband and I not only use OneNote extensively at work, but we use OneNote to run our lives. I love that I can update shared Notebooks on my computer, and they automatically update on both of our phones. We plan our travel, weekly meals and to-do lists all on OneNote.

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in syncing; however, I think this may be more of an issue with my phone, rather than a drawback of OneNote.

Great project management and collaboration resource

Pros

- OneNote works great with OneDrive for real-time collaboration and markups of project notebooks. - Can create multiple chapters and pages within one workbook which is very handy for various stages of design and construction projects.

Cons

- Microsoft's customer support is always a hindrance to their services. I always just try and search for answers on other sites before I use Microsoft as a last attempt.

So easy to keep things between jobs

Love using this to keep my advanced excel formulas organized.

Pros

Easy to post notes and keep them organized in book formats Always kept online so I don't have to "take it with me", it's just always there Lots of flexibility to make sure it's easy to organize and find items

Cons

Can be a little bit intrusive in that it's always reminding me that it started when I boot my computer, but that might just be a setting I am missing.

Meeting minutes and To do lists

Pros

A straight forward tool for note taking. The integration with you calendar is particularly useful as you are able to start a note by populating it with the meeting details and attendee list, essentially doing half of the meeting minutes for you.

Cons

There isnt much else outside of taking notes that OneNote can do for you. While it is specifically designed to take notes, it seems there are missed opportunities for additional connections with other Microsoft Apps. Driving business processes or other activities directly from OneNote would be a great addition.

Easy to use.

well done

Pros

I can literally take notes easily. The interface is user friendly that you can sort notes per topic just like how you to it on a physical notebook. It automatically saves the data. Search engine is also available which is really helpful.

Cons

The software is really useful that cant find a cons for it but i suggest a possible enhancement; just a way to change the background of it or like a template.