Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Microsoft OneNote

Collaboration and file management

Microsoft OneNote

Great way to keep track of your todo lists and smaller office projects

Pros

Use it for a small publishing company. OneNote allows me to share my production schedule with the nessesary parties as i move a book this it's steps. It is very easy to manage, i can also run more than one book/projuect at a time and share with different copy editors, developmental editors, layout and design, marketing team.

Cons

if you are a first time user of OneNote don't expect the set up to be quick and easy The First Time. As you learn the system and the steps of setting a project up it will become easier just as it does with other programs. That was my biggest complaint, and an easy fix with some practice runs and projects.

Great resource for collaborative note taking.

We have had a great experience with OneNote so far and I would recommend it to everyone. You can set up multiple accounts and I would suggest having accounts for work and personal. Depending on the size of the company you could possibly even different divisions within your company.

Pros

Microsoft OneNote is great for organizing all your team notes in one place. The structure is very intuitive, it's easy to share access to different Notebooks with different teams, and quickly searchable. Great for Project!

Cons

I don't really have anything I dislike. This has been a solid organization tool for our team projects.

OneNote is One-App for all!

Overall, this is a MUST HAVE app for everyone who is an avid note taker!

Pros

After using OneNote for both work and school purposes, I can honestly say that this is a MUCH needed app! Here's why: -Easy to use -Works on multiple devices (able to access all your notes on all devices) -Great for meetings and collaborations

Cons

There are only a few cons to using OneNote, but these should NOT be a reason not to use it! -Formatting (When trying to use different formats in OneNote, it can be a little difficult) -Syncing/downloading can also take some time and could be better

Very good product with one shortcoming

Pros

I love OneNote for everything from screen clips to organization of documents. It's very functional and part of my daily-use toolset.

Cons

The one thing I do not like is that on the last major update (for Office 365 maybe?) they removed the ability to start a screen clip via keyboard shortcut. I used to be able to start one with shift-windows-S, and now that's gone. I would love to get this back.

OneNote is the Only Note App You Need

Pros

Easy to use, lots of ways to use it, integrates with Outlook, mobile app, lots of options, features. Easy to incorporate into your daily routines. Can share notes an notebooks with coworkers, friends or family.

Cons

Some of the web app features are not as good as the full hard-drive version. A subscription to Office365 is needed for the hard-drive version, but the web app is good also.

OneNote Invaluable

I loved that I could also use this for the Kids Christmas lists this year with pictures so I could find exactly what they asked for.

Pros

This is a free-form on-line book. You can use it for notes, include pictures, include links. You can set it up any way you want to and even share it for others to collaborate.

Cons

The only con I have found it that when an update came out, I had to go back to my links and re-link them.

OneNote helps me to stay organized

I recommend using OneNote to keep project notes and documents categorized and organized.

Pros

Great for getting files organized. It is like an online binder with labeled tabs and headings. I have used it for compiling my personal tax information as well as for work-related major event planning. It is useful place to store all the catering orders, AV agreements, hotel contracts, speaker details and contracts. I like that you can include pdfs, word documents, notes, etc,- information contained in different formats, within the same notebook.

Cons

I use OneNote for personal and business use but had difficulty sharing and transferring files and notes from within the application. It makes me reluctant to recommend using it for project collaboration.

Everyday use

I use OneNote for school and work. It’s a great way to organize thoughts, assignments, and projects.

Pros

I use this software everyday as though it were an actual notebook. It is extremely easy to use and is perfect to organize for work or school.

Cons

It can be difficult to rearrange your back ups. Generally this is fine for personal use but be sure to check with your administration if using for a big company.

very flexible software of all

great product and highly recommended.

Pros

OneNote enables me to make visual cues, check records, and even team up my work with others on the task. Best of all is the entrance I have from an assortment of gadgets . OneNote does all that I need with a telephone, tablet, and PC.

Cons

I don't have any issues with matching up between gadgets utilizing OneNote. Now and then, there are clashes with it not sparing to the cloud appropriately. At the point when OneNote burdens the contrasting notes, it's not in every case simple to solidify the distinctions.

Great product and very handy!

I have been using OneNote for 4 years now. I absolutely love this software! It is very handy to take my iPad into meetings and make notes in the OneNote app and know that they will be waiting for me on my computer thanks to the cloud note sharing. The desktop, iPad, and iPhone apps work very well together. I have used this and other note taking software and this is by far my favorite.

Pros

Easy to use and great cloud sharing capabilities.

Cons

So far i have not found any downside to using OneNote.

Continues to shine

Pros

I've used OneNote for many years and across all different platforms. It is a great constant across these different systems and allows for a history of my notes to be kept online and accessible at all times. It is my go to app.

Cons

Export / import or an easy way to move to a new account would be great. Ability to share single pages rather than entire workbooks would be great as well.

Excellent Digital Notebook

Pros

I have been using OneNote for almost two years now. I can definitely say that OneNote is an application that I missed out on for way too long. I think many other people are also missing out on the benefits of OneNote. Taking the time to map out different notebooks for different businesses or projects is excellent in OneNote.

Cons

I can't really think of many negatives as the software tends to sync extremely quickly with my phone. At first this was not the case, however, now the syncing is instantaneous.

OneNote keeps me organized

Pros

OneNote is the digital version of what three-ring binders use to be for me, which is exactly what it should be. The bottom line is that it provides exactly what it needs to!

Cons

Perhaps the only downside to OneNote that I can think of right now is how it can be finicky when it is shared with multiple users, and each user is attempting to modify a page within it simultaneously.

Easy to use, great for meeting notes

Pros

It's easy to create and share notes with others in a team. The sync is very nice to have. In conjunction with MS Teams, this is super helpful for us. You can access it anywhere with an Office 365 account.

Cons

We have formatting challenges. The web link is really long and crazy. The syncing broke for me on one of my notes and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Idea Board Made Easy

Pros

I have used quite a number of note apps over the years but OneNote still remains one of my favourites. The things I love about it are many 1. Drawing my ideas as it comes to my head is a gem 2. Teamwork is also made easy so most of my remote staff have real-time access to the the things I love to work on with them. 3. I scribble and just concert to text later. Simply amazing! IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS

Cons

I only use it to capture notes, pictures and ideas and it serves me well for that. I have no complaints about it

The King of Note-Taking Apps

Pros

Microsoft OneNote is a must-have for school. I'm a longtime user of this application, and it is extremely easy to use. It has all the functions that paper note-taking would have, such as highlighting. It is extremely easy to get organized as well, and allows you to sort your notes by pages, subpages, and sections.

Cons

Searching on Microsoft OneNote is a bit more difficult compared to searching on PDF or Powerpoint, because search results (via Ctrl+F) come up more scattered and just overall look less organized.

Organized and accesible on all devices

Best recommended softwAre for all companies or even for personal use

Pros

One note is a very usefuk and helpful software, i can save my files easily and make it organized, i can use it in many devices without any requirements needed.

Cons

Sometimes i am having problem because of bugs. Specially when im using it on my phone or tablets, hope to have some updates for this concern,

Easy Docment Storage and Note Taking

Pros

OneNote is easy to use to take meeting minutes, organize emails and coordinate work with Outlook. the flexibility of Onenote is the perfect solution for an notebook application with the accessibility of storing email documents for future sue.

Cons

One Con would be easier ways to create sections or tabs within OneNote tabs would make this application a perfect tool.

One Note is awesome

I use it every day and helps me track notes and information on several subjects, which I share with my team, I love it!

Pros

Easy to use Effective way to share notes between teams members for different initiatives Simple interface which allows the tracking of information in multiple tabs

Cons

Well, I have been using it for a few years and have not found any negative aspects based on my utilization

One stop shop for all your project notes.

Pros

You can write text, copy image, copy a YouTube Link ( run the YouTube video ) everything from one place. This tool has become the first tool I open every day as soon as I go to my office. Cross Platform tool.

Cons

Loading for the first time takes some time, but that is quite common with Microsoft tools. Apart from it, everything seems to be good.

Fantastic OneNote

Fantastic product from Microsoft!

Pros

Fantastic application which is great for collecting ideas, notes, thoughts, plans and researches. Very useful for my daily task in my office. It's also served as my reminders and as my To Do List.

Cons

The problem in OneNote is the functionalities is different between MAC and Windows users. In that case you will find OneNote as complex

It is good, but there are other options

There's still room for improvement. And comparing to the concorrence, this is not the best of them.

Pros

Allows you to keep track of your notes anywhere, online and offline. Syncs between all devices and it's lightweight enough to run on a not so expensive mobile phone.

Cons

It's a little bit confusing when you start using it. Sometimes it is not very straightforward to find options on the program.

Goto app for taking notes in meeting

Pros

Very easy to use, works very well with a touchscreen. I use it with my Surface: able to write, doodle, type, import documents, create binders of notes. All safely backed up in the cloud (synchs with your Office365 account).

Cons

Uses a lot more memory and processing power than anticipated, sometimes takes a while to load and can be a drag when using on Android devices.

Always on my desktop

Pros

This tool has become a staple for my daily routine. It helps me keep track of meeting notes during the day and is great to go back and revisit past notes. There are many powerful features that I have yet to dive into. Cross platform functionality is also great!

Cons

There are many other products similar to this on the market. Evernote for example is really great and comes up with many new and exciting features every year. OneNote might be too boring and bland for some, although the basic features works for me.

Notes in one place without syncing issues

Pros

I love having all my notes in one place on the various different projects I work on. There is no limit on the size of the file, which makes for ease of use on the long-running projects.

Cons

It does not seem to work as well when I am using a MacBook, there are things that just will not work such as adding a document made by another application.