Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Microsoft OneNote

Collaboration and file management

Microsoft OneNote

Great tool for collaboration

Pros

I love using OneNote within Office 365. It provides one place for meeting agendas, collective notes, and even shared to do lists and project management.

Cons

I wish there was a way to freeze part of the page while viewing, similar to freeze panes in excel. When you use a table on a OneNote sheet, it would be nice to have the top row visible as you scroll.

Key tool for my team

I use it everyday and can't do my work without it.

Pros

Easy to share information across the team, flexible enough for everyone to be able to take notes their own way, and like to be able to take screenshots from webpages and articles

Cons

Sometimes it is too flexible - wish the software came with templates or structures to help with certain business cases

Save it, share it and collaborate, but not the best available

Great old-school style application with a slew of collaborative uses, but is easily replaced with a bit of training and knowledge of other products available even within the Office suite. Does make a good place to generate a simple KMS type storage space with shareable information, but limited on the functionality sets within. Terrific matured tool with imaginative ideas if not seeking a long learning curve or difficult implementation or collaboration.

Pros

- Ease of Use is the biggest plus of this product from Microsoft - Easily deployed with every current version of home and business based Office 2013 and above. - User training is extremely minimal as the functionality is otherwise limited to a word based document sharing site. - Available to all members of an office 365 license allowing Teams integration (otherwise the better product offering)

Cons

- Limited functionality unless integrated into other products/applications (SharePoint, Microsoft Teams) - Matured but outdated in its uses. More of a Task List or notes maintainer. - Shareable storage is a nice have, but is easily replaceable with slew of other product sets today (OneDrive, DropBox, Teams, Etc.)

Convenient and very helpful

Pros

Very convenient to use since it is so handy because it can be accessed thru mobile phones. It is helpful in reminding of the planned vacation and travels as well as meetings. The interface is easy to understand and to use.

Cons

Overall, it is good but some of my notes eventually deleted without me doing it so.

Taking Notes With OneNote

Pros

I use OneNote to take all of the notes for all of my department meetings. It keeps everything in One place and allows for the easy transfer to any other Microsoft platform.

Cons

The only con about One Note is trying to use it for the features with a tablet. It is much harder to draw and type. But my fault for using the tablet.

What can I say more?

Pros

This app/software just simply beyond my expectation. When I first used this app, I thought that it is just a handy planner that can be access through my smartphone but I was wrong. It serves now as my secretary since it reminds me what to do and where to go. Thanks onenote on the job well done.

Cons

At first I was having trouble on figuring out how to use and maximize the features of this app but as time goes by this app just simply teaches me the things I need to know about it.

Best way to share your notes across a team, hands down!

Pros

Before we implemented using OneNote on our team, we were unsystematically saving our notes to a shared folder with no way of collaborating on a single one at the same time. With OneNote, we can compile all of our notes and training docs into one shared folder which can be easily organized and reviewed.

Cons

It is a free text field in the data entry section and so keeping a consistent format between similar style memos can be a bit tricky, but overall this isn't a huge issue.

OneNote Is Amazing For Organizational Structure

Pros

It is amazing how underutilized OneNote has been. I've been sharing my organizational charts with my supervisor over the past couple months and he's been totally praising me for my structure! Now he's asking me to help him with his org charts and really giving me the credit I've always felt I deserved!

Cons

Like most software platforms it takes some time to adjust to the details and nuances with OneNote. It really has a lot of powerful complex features, I'm still learning!

Sharing is Caring

Pros

Being able to use the search criteria to look for a specific document is very important for me. There are numerous ways staffs can write up a document and I don't have time to browse to each one to find out the one sentence that I am looking for. With one OneNote, type in the search and it will browse to the documents that you want to be on the lookout for.

Cons

If I am documenting an Excel or Word, I have to drag the document(s) over to One Note. I wish there was a ribbon for this on Excel and Word so that I don't need to take this next step. It's a one time event and if I forget, people will email me asking for the write-up.

Best digital notebook I have ever seen

Pros

Has apps for most platforms e.g. PC, Phone, Web Data can be synced across all devices with the user's account hence you can access from anywhere. Integrates well with other Microsoft office apps

Cons

Does not have very rich note editing facilities. You may have to edit from anther program Not well integrated with Cortana

Track to-do list

Pros

I always to use Microsoft OneNote for tracking to-do list. It's very user friendly. It's not complicated. It has great features . It allows to attach documents, draw anything. It's integrated with outlook so you can easily share the list via email.

Cons

It meets my expectations. I don't have any negative thought.

OneNote is a solid collaboration program

Pros

- Included with Office 365 Business Premium subscription - Real-time editing with other team members when stored on OneDrive

Cons

- Microsoft tech support is unhelpful when trying to solve problems - Sharing files through OneDrive means the files have to be opened in a web browser before opening in the desktop application.

write your notes on computer and then you can see them on your cellphone when you travel or at the market..

May be a very useful tool for teachers and educators generally. As a collaborative tool, students may add notes to a teacher's schedule or project and other students or parents may access easily. At home, notes can be taken on the computer and then they can be found when someone is at the market or in the bus on the sellphone!

Pros

Easy access content application that gives freedom to move without loosing your everyday notes. Instantly synchronise to all your acounts and you don't miss a thing. Photos, audio files, hand writing and easy to share software may be useful for Teachers and Buisnesmen

Cons

People and students find it compicated sometimes. It takes time to be able to use all its features. Mac users may see usage limitations.

The best solution for a student and surface pro user

I use this on my Surface Pro 4 and it is wonderful. I can switch between the keyboard and the Surface Pen, I can convert handwritten notes into text, formulas into a LaTex-like font, import files and edit them with the pen, import Excel spreadsheets...

Pros

Easy to use, a lot of features, shortcuts, data imports, Tab organization, ability to record while you take notes

Cons

Bad recording quality

OneNote

Pros

Very similar to Evernote, OneNote has a big perk: it syncs with your OneDrive cloud. So you can have it on a personal device, computer, phone, and laptop and what is one spot appears in all.

Cons

I do not have many negative things to say about with this product. I have found it very useful and love the organization!

Best App Microsoft came outwith.

Wish I would have found this when it first came out. I use this for work, home and any classes I take to advance my career.

Pros

Best app for keeping track all notes and information for anything you want to keep all information together.

Cons

Nothing so far. App allows you to safe anything into notes. No short falls I have found in the app yet.

onenote review

Pros

Easy access SAS, easy to use by less technically skilled resources. Ability to create activity specific tabs facilitates simple organization of shared information.

Cons

Unfortunately the product lacks the ability to embed an excel spreadsheet reducing the centralization of critical computational information.

THE notes software you need!

Pros

OneNote is the best piece of software of the Office family; personally, I use it in many situations like meetings, brainstorming, keeping track of ideas, etc. It lets you create your notes completely free and in an easy way, organize them in a very flexible and intelligent way and save them in OneDrive (Microsoft cloud service).

Cons

Online version is not as appealing as the desktop one. Without a touch screen or a pen it loses part of its smoothness.

Awesome Software!

Pros

One note has been really helpful to me as I always list down all my to-do's and meeting schedules as well. This software is all you need to be well noted and accomplished your tasks on time.

Cons

None so far. It is always been great for me.

Great app for note gathering

Pros

I use Onenote to capture all my client notes and my to do or read later info. It allows me to separate different types and client notes as well as just take notes on the fly.

Cons

There is no save in Onenote so if you type over something or delete is error you have most likely lost it if you do not undo right away

The best thing ever!

Pros

I love OneNote mainly because the interface is reminiscent to a physical notebook, just digitized. The tabs and sections make it really easy for me to visualize how my notes are organized. I also love the casualness of OneNote in the sense that the pages aren't completely organized and you can easily drag and drop notes next to each other. Adding images is simple and easy, and I love how all of my notes sync easily on all devices.

Cons

Truly can't think of any cons for OneNote, but it is sometimes confusing to have "OneNote.url" files in my folder. It often doesn't work if I try to rename the file.

More features than most realize

Pros

Most people that use this tool are just scraping the tip of the iceberg with what it could be doing for them. It is a very robust tools with lots of options.

Cons

Having a hard time thinking of any other than outside of the Microsoft world it is kind of a stand alone that I still use because of it's power.

Notes if you are using Windows.

Pros

This is probably one of those tools which I would not complain about in regards to pricing. You will get OneNote with Windows and it works. It is very easy to set up and work with. This is the notes tool to use if you are using Windows.

Cons

OneNote works and there are no negatives about this.

OneNote for all your notes.

Highly recommend OneNote it's beyond helpful.

Pros

Great program for reminders, grocery lists, to do lists, and other things you might need to keep track of.

Cons

Can be a little odd to get the hang of but that comes down to remembering to use it.after awhile it becomes second nature not really any cons in my opinion.

very useful!!!!

Pros

it very easy to use, access and navigate. Mobile app is also very helpful. I can always have mg notes with me even im not in front of my desktop.

Cons

I face no problems so far. I may say that it has been very helpful to me. and you dont have to be a professional to use this. It can be use everyday!!