Microsoft Teams Reviews

Chat-based workspace in Office 365

Microsoft Teams

3,601 reviews

We use Teams, but...

Video chats / calls are fine. Chat is OK. File management is OK for simple use cases, horrible for complex use cases but can be "fixed" if you're willing to look at SharePoint that sits behind Teams. Finally -- syncing between your computer and Teams / SharePoint is actually handled by OneDrive. When it's configured right and working, OneDrive is very effective. But actual control and configuration is severely handicapped by dreadful UI and options management. We use Teams because we get a lot for the money, and we can muscle our way through it. But it's not a polished and pleasant experience for any but the most trivial configurations.

Pros

Quick to set up initially, pleasant looking user interface, significant functionality out of the box.

Cons

After we got past our most trivial initial use case, we started to see the less-than-nice guts under the covers of Teams. The actual management of Team members, "projects", chats is convoluted, inconsistent, limited, and far from intuitively obvious. The fact that you're limited to a single UI window while in Teams is awful - I cannot, for example, have one window open for Chats and another open to...

Microsoft Teams- The best and safe alternative to Skype for Business from Microsoft.

Well, my overall experience with this software has been really amazing so far , this product is so good that all of our client meetings have shifted from other alternative platform to Microsoft teams in the last 1 year. A big thanks to the Teams support team for being proactive in sending latest updates with bug fixes and eventually I noticed that even the speed issue is now slowly eardicating from the software. Thanks again to microsoft for making our life easier and intergrating a whole lot of applications and process under one umbrella.

Pros

Teams is essentialy one another great product from Microsoft in last couple of years. When I say great, I specifically wanted to shoutout for its exclusive features like file sharing on the cloud for the whole team that makes it the only platform where a team within a company can update files in real time and moreover have team video calls with just a click of a button. We can also use application lice Azure boards and Jira clouds to prepare these files within the teams. Thanks to this integration, now I don't have to open these application altogether outside and thus Teams helped to manage and work on all these application within one integrated application.

Cons

The one con I particularly noticed was related to the speed with which Teams work. To illustrate with the help of an example, when I used to switch from the "Teams" button to the "Files" button real quick , at times it used to take a lot of time in switching and because of which ultimately a lot of my time gets wasted. Also, if we quickly tap on 3-4 buttons in one go without waiting for the system to slowly switch from one to another, the appliucation used to show "not responding" and used to abruptly close down in one go. Thus speed is the only part that i noticed is a bit slow in this software product.

Skype and Sharepoint are combined in one tool

I have had a good experience, from the moment I use it for the first time until now it has been adding new functionalities making the experience much better by integrating everything necessary. I find it to be powerful and quite good software although it can be confusing at times because there is not much opportunity to "customize" the experience within it. It lends itself to work meetings, as well as for other moments of relaxation (backgrounds can be a lot of fun), I really like that it can block incoming video to conserve bandwidth a little better and also blur the background and focus only to the person speaking when the camera is activated.

Pros

I think it really is a Skype for Business that has been taken to a new level. I am really surprised by the integration it has with other tools, whether or not they are from Microsoft, like Jira, Trello, among others. In addition to the very good integration that it has with MS Office and that allows such naturalness. In addition, the channels where you can customize the tabs according to the content that is shared with the specific team is magnificent, having tabs with a Power BI dashboard for the specific team is wonderful and without having to leave the application.

Cons

Although I feel like a lot of Skype features were rescued, I miss a few others. The meeting notes cannot be taken directly to Onenote as it could be done with Skype, I miss the surveys that could be done during the meeting, as far as I can remember now. It happens to me with the "team sites" that sometimes I want to make them specific to an existing sharepoint and associate it with a particular team, but the team site is generated in parallel. The last thing that bothers me a bit, is in viewer mode I feel that the projections look very small and even when placing the full screen mode the presentations do not cover the entire screen of my computer.

Bring the Team Together

Teams has allowed the compant to work remote and still come together through video conferences and webinars. Also file sharing through Teams has reduced the need for google docs and other additional spreadsheets.

Pros

Microsoft Teams allows you to set up on your computer and phone. It works on a variety of platforms. It makes it easy to chat with remote team members and share files. Also, you can do video conferences on the go. Similar to Facetime for IOS but a lot more functionality.

Cons

The issue may be fixed now, but Teams was having a hard time allowing outside parcipants who did not have a Teams account. We needed to bring in clients and it seemed to hang up frequently.

The better business tool for communication and collaboration

While Teams wasn't always a smooth ride, I've seen Microsoft make some pretty great changes in recent months to improve the user experience. Even something as simple as being able to make a chat window pop out of frame was a big deal for me in terms of being able to multitask.

Pros

I love that Teams ties in with the Microsoft Office suite and Sharepoint. It allows mulitple users the ability to edit and share a document simultaneously, while having a call or sent messages back and fourth, all without having to leave the tool. There's also a built-in calendar and task manager, so collaboration and accountability have a high level of visibility for the userbase. Managing user accesses is also a breeze.

Cons

My biggest gripe: File management can be a NIGHTMARE. I'd love to see some work done by Microsoft to make it easier to find previously shared items. If you lose track of which conversation thread you shared a file in, finding it can be a lot of effort, involving retracing multiple steps. If there was a better/quicker way to search for shared items, it would be awesome.

Best product for collaboration

This is my favorite application and it is an amazing tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is an amazing collaboration product and it keeps getting better. From being able to do Live events to its integration of applications, Teams is my "go-to" app for communicating with my teams. The Video Conferencing is stellar and Microsoft keeps adding more functionality. Schools get Microsoft for free and there is not reason they should be using Zoom.

Cons

Unlike Zoom, the ability for webinars is lacking. Zoom has everyone beat here and Teams really could use this feature for Live Events. Also, Teams needs to integrate with Microsoft Bookings.

All round solution for remote connections

Just to explain in one word, this is perfect.

Pros

> The speed of the connection is really super fast compared to any of the other software. > The main thing which I have seen this doing best is screen share and video calls. Normally the software take some time to connect to the channel or meeting, but the teams exceeds them all. The lag-less connection anywhere around the world is really mind-blowing. > The ease of use (one of the primary needs during this lock-down) is really fantastic. > The flexibility in chat, meeting and groups is really good. > The file sharing and the encryption which I personally use the most is better in front of its peers.

Cons

The main thing is audio connection. As compared to other software, this should explore the options which I personally found lacking in the teams. As soon as we connect to any meeting, there should be an option to connect outside audio connection like mobile phone to join. That would be a better solution as I found perfect. Other than that, this is perfect.

Almost complete solution

Overall it gets the job done in a manner way, it has good plugins and extensions to help you customize it as you like. It's a good software.

Pros

The main features that make us use this service was the ability to organize our work and have online meetings with screen sharing feature, this help us a lot when we are showing something to our colleagues.

Cons

It sometimes doesn't load fast and there's a strange behavior that was causing issues for us, the software has some kind of automatic check to see if there's any interaction with itself, if we aren't interacting directly with Teams but still working on something else on the PC, teams itself will set your status to "Be right back", making your colleagues think that you are away from the computer, which isn't right.

Couldn't manage without it! A few areas need refining...

In a world where working remotely has become the norm, the need for platforms like Teams is vital! When my technical product support group was working in an office setting, we could walk over and ask colleagues for input while we had a customer on the phone line waiting for assistance. When working remotely, Teams allows us to very rapidly send out a question to our group and get instant feedback....

Pros

Most of the tools and icons (e.g., "attach", "share screen", "add participants") in Teams are intuitive and universal, which is important. Most users jump in and learn by doing, not receiving any formal training. It is so helpful to be able to attach a photo of a customer's product concern in Teams so our technical product support group can view it and discuss it. It is also useful that one can...

Cons

When joining a Teams meeting, I always get tripped up by the screen that pops up. It asks how I want to join the meeting. Do I download the app, continue on the browser, or open an existing Teams app? Plus a separate window opens that says Open Microsoft Teams? This all confuses me. Can it not be detected how I always join my Teams meetings every day? Can it not detect that I already have downloaded...

3 Days From Classroom to Teams

I'm satisfied and Microsoft Teams continues to improve user experience but it's not flawless.

Pros

I like that Microsoft listens to user input and feedback. Microsoft updates frequently incorporating desired features without delay. Teams offers a menu of options with advertised increased security compared to other products.

Cons

Compared to Zoom The experience did sufferer from latency issues. Teachers who you zoom could customize a digital setting allowing users different privacy features. Microsoft offers enhanced privacy but it is difficult to customize a unique user experience.

Decent Meeting Software But Felt Lacking

There was a lot we liked about Teams and a lot we didn't like. In the end, the lack of integration with Google Docs prevented us from using it as our main meeting platform, we ended up going with Google Meet there. We still use Microsoft Teams here and there for some of our meetings and it is solid software, it just didn't fit our workflow well enough to be our sole solution.

Pros

We starting using Microsoft Teams after deciding to change from Zoom. We communicate with staff all over the globe centralized in China, India & Azerbaijan. We found that while Teams worked well overall it just felt like it was behind other services. I think that is because we use Google Docs as our primary office suite, and Teams is really designed to integrate with Microsoft Office 365. We did love how simple the meetings ran once you were in and the caption feature worked really well for us. We loved the idea of a whiteboard, although we found that we never really used it. Other abilities like turning meeting notes into action items is really cool, but again seemed to need Office 365 to really work.

Cons

Teams really needs to be paired with Microsoft Office 365 to work well in our opinion. Because we used Google Docs we found that many of the features like creating meetings and inviting other users were not as easy as other software we had used in the past. We also felt the overall video quality was a bit lacking at times and didn't seem to keep up with Zoom or Google Meet.

Teams was a hidden piece of software that turned out to be very valuable

After our Customer Communications and ITSM platform it is the most important tool for our IT and Security Managed Services Operations. We get a very complete feature set to build a dynamic collaboration environment. Originally we were seen as the weirdos trying to use that purple software, but the need to move 100% of our people to work from home due to COVID-19 meant all the company started using it. So far, after 3 months we are convinced we can keep a partial work from home model using Teams as its technological foundation.

Pros

We can use Teams to solve a wide array of use cases, from in-team collaboration, supervision, multi-area collaboration, video conferencing, remote support, task tracking, document management, etc. It is not the best tool for each use case but it is the only one we knew which does them all in a very acceptable way. Also, it was great finding out this tool was hiding there on the Office 365 apps drawer which we were already paying for, so it caused no additional expense.

Cons

its video conferencing capabilities are not suitable for large audiences, like for a webinar or open conference. For those specific use cases we use other tools. We'd love if Teams gets the features which are available on Microsoft Power Apps for remote meetings. Power Apps has an awful performance so it's a no brainer choosing Teams instead.

It Good but not great

Have been good, and will soon hope it get to be great. Because great is what we going for.

Pros

My organization ( if they are well trained) are always available for a call. Mobile or Desktop, Cloud or web. Not need to be bothered by the downloads and install, Teams allows for meeting to take place in any location, with Web, Mobile or Desktop. I love the fact you can transfer and I once used the CC -close caption - but seem to have been disabled. Teams allow you to share with external guest ( persons) for meeting, but it is not straight forwards as one expects

Cons

Great tool, good clarity but sharing a meeting with an external client, It is sometimes troubling and not clear as other platform. It is also a bit difficult for regular user to ensure that meeting are secured when the link is shared. Anyone with a link for a meeting seem to be able to join the meeting. The only barrier is a good host who sits and allows users to enter, as the notification will pop up. Most small meeting don't have dedicated host and small offices are left unaware of this leaving teams as an open meeting - for anyone who has the link. Wish they just had a simple interface for external meeting, I know about the live, but that is complicated for the regular user and causes frustration. Otherwise it is good tools for users

The integration with the Office 365 suite is a great advantage

My team was using Microsoft Teams before we had to switch to remote work due to the current situation (we already had a flexible remote work policy so it was not uncommon for team members to attend meetings remotely). We are using it as an internal collaboration/communication tool to conduct meetings, share our screen and have informal conversations to ask a quick question or resolve an issue. We also use it as a communication tool with clients: we ask questions to stakeholders and share documents with our clients via Teams and our clients have adopted it seamlessly.

Pros

Document management: Teams leverages the features of SharePoint for document management and allows to modify Office documents in real-time with multiple collaborators. Easy definition of access rights to content/teams: Access rights can be defined at the team and at the channel level which allows to give access to Teams to clients while having separate areas within the team for internal conversation...

Cons

Access to meeting notes: when meeting notes are created during a meeting, they are associated directly to the meeting instead of being associated to the team. Having the option to take notes from a meeting that are added to a notebook shared by the team would allow to easily refer to these notes after the meeting (instead of having to look for the meeting to access the notes). Notifications disabled by default: When part of multiple channels, it's easy to forget to enable notifications for each one. Conversations where the user or the entire channel is mentioned can go unnoticed. The functionality that allows to toggle between Microsoft Teams organizations when you are part of multiple often causes errors that require to restart Teams.

Best way to communicate within the organization

Overall had a great experience with teams, we had a mandatory switch from skype to teams in our company, Initially we were finding it quite complex, later while working with it more and more, we came to know so many feature of teams can be leveraged to have an effective mode of communication in the organization. Whenever we work on some specific enhancement we start a topic in a channel with a subject line and content It's easier to tag someone into conversation and update the status too, it helps in avoiding many unnecessary mails which can be left unattended or sometimes without context.

Pros

1. High levels of segregation wherein we can have different channels for different topics. 2. Can be used effectively for alerts and monitoring, where different applications can notify specific channels about the status and issue alerts. 3. The chat history at a person level can be easily retrieved. 4. All the features in skype is available along with better themes. 5. Built-in tools like editor for word, powerpoint, excel etc. also sharing of files is possible.

Cons

1. Sometimes while working on Virtual desktops, we face issues where Microsoft teams kicks out from an ongoing meeting and we have to reconnect.

Still some kinks to work out when collaborating with others

It's great for scheduling video calls and for quick feedback or approvals when trying to cut down on inbox clutter. But your organization must create rules for which content belongs in Teams, and which on email... otherwise you'll find yourself having to search multiple sources for documented approval or that one PDF you need to forward along to another user.

Pros

Teams has a useful mobile feature that allows me to answer questions on the go. Individual chats as well as "teams channels" for multiple users are meant to streamline collaboration, including live document editing by multiple users. Similar to Zoom, the platform also allows for video calling that integrates with Outlook and integration with Sharepoint means that documents that are difficult to find in Teams are still backed up on the cloud.

Cons

Teams is a bit clunky. Editing documents within the platform is glitchy, especially when using a Mac - PowerPoint content looks as if it's bleeding off the page, and fonts are automatically substituted if one user hasn't installed the correct fonts, meaning that it's still often necessary to download PowerPoints and word docs for finalization. It's also easy to become overwhelmed. Users must receive...

Microsoft's fantastic solution for team collaboration

Microsoft Teams has been designed from the ground-up to help businesses get their employees to communicate with each other more efficiently and effectively. In my personal experience with Microsoft Teams, this has been one of the main reasons of the company purchasing this software and using it as a central pillar for the IT teams. The various parts of IT (software team, infrastructure team, business...

Pros

There are many features to like about Microsoft Teams, which I personally have experienced: -The overall design of it is very minimalist, simple and clutter-free. This makes it very easy to use and work with on a daily basis -The 'channels' feature is a fantastic feature which is dedicated for conversations regarding specific topics (and for specific recipients) -Skype video and audio calls can be...

Cons

To be honest, Microsoft Teams contains virtually all the beneficial features that one could want from a collaboration tool. The interface is fairly simple to use as it has a minimalist design. However, there have been a number of bugs that Microsoft Teams has been affected with, however. Although subsequent Microsoft software updates have solved a lot of these issues, it can get quite frustrating for...

A great team communication tool that is used every day!

A tool we use at work every day. I was aware of the product before we started using it and pushed our IT department to implement it and the rest of the suite of tools from MS.

Pros

The ability to share specific applications, or your whole screen are both great features. Video along with screen share makes it easy to not only share the information but also see the person you are talking to at the same time.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to find the right meeting to join, end up chasing people around on multiple calls if they don't click the right meeting link the first time. Should be able to merge calls.

Microsoft Teams Review

As a project manager I have helped my team run projects, create presentation and run meetings while using teams. It is a great tool to collaborate and hold meetings.

Pros

This is a great tool to use when working with larger scale company or a small company. It is versatile and well functioning. It is an all in one tool for your teams to work together and collaborate no matter where they are located. I like that you have the capability to hold a meeting and have the camera on or off-it is great when collaborating with team members who may not be in the office.

Cons

One thing that I dislike about this software (maybe I have not figured out if this is a capability) but if you have more than one email-for example as a consultant, you may have your firm email and the email from the company you are on project with-it is not easy to collaborate while using both emails. Having to switch back and forth from emails can be a annoying. Often, you want to collaborate with team members that may not be on the project and as a consultant you want to be able to save time and not switch back and forth.

Effective for Daily Communication - Not Effective for File Management / Wikis

We communicate frequently across Teams, and it allows us to connect with remote members quickly and simply including audio, video and screen sharing. It is a robust supplement to email, with only minor inconveniences largely related to the Wikis and the tabs within individual Teams when we try to use them for information/FAQ etc.

Pros

Used primarily as a communication platform, of course the IM works, it integrates into Outlook to pull in your status and your profile picture which is helpful, you can make audio calls and use screensharing within it, so it is a functional and robust communication platform to supplement email. There are organizational aspects to it such as the teams that can be set up with channels within them which are helpful to allow specific teams to interact in a public way compartmentalized from the other departments.

Cons

You cannot search within Wikis to find information easily. There are limited formatting options (such as font color, highlighting color, font, etc), and tables cannot be pasted in to tabs and Wikis as they will not hold their formatting even when being copied out of other Microsoft applications like Word and Excel.

Best Collaboration Tool for Your Team

Overall, I think this far surpasses Microsoft's previous tool, Skype for Business, and has brought a new level of collaboration to Microsoft. I appreciate the attention to detail that Microsoft has put into this product and feel it would be a wonderful product for teams of all sizes.

Pros

As a tax manager in public accounting, my team is virtual, mobile and ever changing. With MS Teams I am able to create virtual team channel where we can collaborate, keep files and track assignments. My very favorite feature of this software is the ability to put documents into my team channel and then work on them at the same time as my team members. For example, I can upload an excel workbook with a clients tax return workpapers and then each person on my team can be in the file working on this at the same time. This is a HUGE game changer.

Cons

All things considered, I don't have a lot of criticism about this software except for one feature. In teams, the notification options are a bit limited. For example, when I receive a message from a coworker I have two options: 1) I can get a banner notification in the bottom right of my screen that will show the name of the sender and a few lines of the message or 2) no notification at all. What I think is missing here is the ability to have a banner pop up in the bottom corner that just shows that you have a new message. My reason for this is because I am often sharing my screen or have people who can see my screen - I want to be sure that confidential information is not displayed or that a more private message is not sitting in the corner of my screen for anyone to see.

A Great Communication & Collaboration Tool

My firm had recently switched over to Microsoft Teams after utilizing our own internal system and experimenting with Slack. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive, and most of us now use it daily; even more than Outlook. There are many creative ways to use and integrate Teams into your work day, both for productivity and pleasure. If your Company is looking for an all-in one collaboration and communication system, look no further.

Pros

My teams and my firm as a whole LOVE the collaborative features of Microsoft teams. Microsoft teams was quickly adopted and fully integrated into our firm infrastructure. The tools at your disposal including making self contained teams, firm-wide chat system, and the seemingly endless supply of applications that are integrated right into the system have been astounding. It's a daily tool for all of...

Cons

While the software is extremely customization, there are some weird quirks here and there. For one, some of our teams have integrated the software with our communications with outside clients. However, there is no way that we've been able to find to restrict clients from entering the "general" chat. The solution is to create two separate teams, one for use with clients, and one for strictly internal...

Microsoft Teams - great replacement for Skype

Chat is much better than others we have used, TEAMS aspect is very neat but needs to be a bit easier to know you need to reply. Sometimes the team doesn't know they are being written to. The calendar and meetings is seamless and smooth.

Pros

The funtionality is easy and easy for outsiders who aren't used to it to join meetings. I like the concept of the TEAMS approach where you can function all within the software and have files to collaborate and all.

Cons

It is a bit complicated to add the features via microsoft that you want to add like calling plan, audio conferencing...very confusing to add those features to the full program and suite of products your company rolls out. I could see how many people mess it up.

We love Teams!

Overall experience has been very positive. We were able to shut down an internal policy management system that was costing us to keep up (with constant bugs) and migrate policy management to Teams (using the access restricting ability I mentioned above). You can create Teams for ANYTHING. I am part of several, all with a separate functions. Chat function makes it easy to connect with someone for a...

Pros

The features. I know this is all-encompassing and more than one thing I like most, but you can do so many things it's hard to pick just one. Having to pick, I would say the ability to quite literally create Teams with the purpose of restricting access, limiting the member count, all with the purpose of sharing files and sites that can be equally accessible and editable. Documents updated are saved...

Cons

I do like the chat feature the least. It works for chatting and catching someone quickly - rather than email - however, if you're in the middle of editing a document IN teams, it can be a pain to redirect to the chat and away from that document screen. While there is a workaround for this (installing other features, pop out windows, etc.) it's Teams-specific and that's my gripe. You do have the opportunity to respond quick if you have the chat window peep turned on (alerts in the bottom right hand on the screen) but if you don't reply quick enough from that pop-up then it goes away and you need to go the chat.

A leap forward from Skype for Business

The bestplatform for enterprises or for those organizations who need to be able to securely control access to communications.

Pros

A single application for all business communication needs. Wraps up all the previous functionality within Skype for Business into a modern app which adds conference calls and full integration into Active Directory. Licensing is wrapped up into Office365, so for most organizations this product is effectively free. Our team loves using the service and we have found that our clients are also using Teams, so staff members can use a single app for all channels. As Teams is integrated into Active Directory, access can be controlled by administrators unlike tools such as Skype and Slack.

Cons

Can be complex to setup external teams with clients. Large app which is slow to load on some laptops. Some functionality such as Calendar is duplicated in Outlook, giving the appearance of a feature-bloat.