Microsoft Teams Reviews - Page 2

8,056 reviews

MS Teams: the good and the bad

Honestly, not amazing. The user interface has a nice look, but it falls short of what I’d expect from such a premium product. The emojis are terrible, it has functionality issues, it needs a chat notification and meeting alert redesign, and it’s just not as streamlined as it should be.

Pros

I like the integration with other MS apps. There’s also good ease of use when quickly setting up a meeting, or screen sharing within MS Teams.

Cons

The emoji design is horrible and ugly. I know that’s not a big deal, but trust me, it is. These are the worst emojis I’ve ever seen. I literally have GOOD, non-MS Teams emojis sitting on a page on OneNote that I copy and paste when I want to use emojis, because the ones in MS Teams are literally hideous. Also, there are considerable problems with audio delay in some meetings. I think MS Teams has...

All-in-One Program

Overall, a all-in-one program that allows for collaboration. This has helped to keep groups of people connected and organized while still being very user-friendly. This app is open on my computer from when I turn it on first thing, and the last one I close before shutting down. The mobile app keeps me connected when I need to be away from my computer, which has helped productivity significantly.

Pros

This software has everything needed to effectively work in one program. The application allows for excellent communication and collaboration for different groups and projects. Teams can collaborate through posts, files, making different channels, or even an instant meeting. Being able to store a file within the Team and have multiple people accessing and editing while seeing what others are working...

Cons

Chat function: While you can pop out individual chats, you cannot group the windows together outside of the main program. If the entire "chat" feature could be popped out of the main window, this would be a significant improvement. A tie-in to Zoom to show when one is on a Zoom call that isn't scheduled would also be an improvement. Mobile App: The mobile app is overall great, but oftentimes the "status" gets stuck on the mobile app. Sometimes the only way to resolve is uninstall and reinstall to force the status to change. There is no way to get rid of old notifications if the company has a retention policy in place and you miss the message before it expires. Teams: You can sort teams by "Active" and "Hidden" but being able to group them would make the app much more efficient.

Great for workplaces, may need training at first it not tech-savvy

Overall, this is a convenient app for working with actual teams/groups such as in a business or workplace. I wouldn't recommend for external persons. There are so many features that can be helpful and useful; however, it takes some time to figure out how to use them.

Pros

Great for workplaces as it helps to collaborate and communication easily with your groups/teams. You can create various groups, use the chat feature, share information, documents, and use apps. You can also pin frequently used apps at the top of the group for easy access. Video conferencing is great for virtual meetings. You can create video calls with the usual features and more. You are able to...

Cons

Not as suited for use with external persons outside of your team. It is not as user friendly as you would expect and takes some time getting used to it. Persons may need some MS Teams specific training in order to navigate the software, especially for persons we are not tech savvy. It is difficult to understand how to use some of the features and integrations. For example, you are able to add various apps to groups but it takes some tinkering aroung to figure out how to use them in the group. Also, at times, it is a bit confusing when trying to manage files.

Getting closer to everything one could want...

On the whole, Teams is critical to the success of my everyday work and performs it's function well.

Pros

Teams continues to get better over time to the point that each of it's applications, say meetings for instance, is nearly on par with it's competitor's offerings; however, the advantage that Teams has is that it is an all-in-one application. As both an engineer and project manager, this multifaceted application, with a centralized file keeping system, is crucial in keeping track of everything.

Cons

There are a few features that would improve the experience: 1.) For meetings, it would be nice to be able to draw on the screen of other colleagues. The whiteboard function offered by Teams is good, but it's not quite as good as being able to draw directly on another's screen as can be done with Zoom. For engineer's, that would be a big bonus. 2.) There should be the option to add words to the dictionary,...

Teams is Essential if using Microsoft Stack

My overall experience is great. Microsoft Teams consolidates multiple related communication functions into one application. File sharing, team organization, instant messaging, voice calls, video calls, informal polls, screen sharing... The problem we're solving is around communication, especially in a remote world. I find that Teams is a great way to do that, especially if you already have Microsoft Office or other Microsoft Products like SharePoint. It's great that we only have 1 app to go to for a lot of different things, and Teams has helped us stay connected somewhat in a remote work world.

Pros

Teams consolidated a few of my different communication platforms, and for that I am grateful. It's a good instant messaging and video call application. One benefit that I like is that it allows for quick transition from Chat to Call with Screen share, and remote control. I actually use this to support people on some sites and reports that I support. Instead of having to call them on the phone, then...

Cons

One thing I never liked too much with Teams over something like Skype had was the size of the chat window. I find it a bit big, and difficult to make small and hide off to the side. It essentially takes up a small side monitor along with Outlook emails. My other complaint is that sometimes there are echoes in the voice calls, more likely with multiple people. This often happens if someone has a weird...

Combining Instant Access without Sacrificing Security

Teams lets us accomplish the tasks we were already engaged in, but it does so in a way that is superior to all of our previous methods. The frustrations and shortcomings that we experienced in the past have been eliminated by Teams. Accurate, immediate, and secure communication with our entire workforce is streamlined, and we no longer suffer from decreased productivity due to messages being sent to the wrong employee, overlooked, or received too late. Teams gives us instant access to every employee and ensures that we are operating as efficiently as possible.

Pros

Teams is our primary method of communication for all of our staff. It lets us disseminate information immediately to the necessary employees and allows our staff to be kept informed without having to constantly check in at our main office. Prior to implementing Teams, we had a patchwork of methods to communicate with our staff, all of which had significant shortcomings. Text messages were instant,...

Cons

The benefits of Teams are appreciated much more by our executive staff than by our employees. They do not necessarily see the benefit of using a separate program to achieve the same goal that a simple text would, and therefore do not always utilize it.

Microsoft Teams - - A 2021 Must Have!

I appreciate real-time communication, and with half the team in London and half in Washington, it puts us virtually together under one roof. We can alter, modify, examine and research all on one screen. We were huge fans before the C19 hit, its just proved how pivotal a robust working environment truly is.

Pros

I am so dependent on this tool, its the golden thread that keeps my team, my customers, and my supply chain linked together. The quality of of sound and visuals has so far surpassed our previous provider where either the picture was blurry or you would have to use your telephone to supplement the sound when the voip just didn't quite deliver, or no sound was transmitted at all. I have yet to discover all the party tricks that Teams can do. I know it makes me feel that we are all working in unison even when there is a five hour disparity among team mates. It also allows me to invite guest users on to my system easily. I have the full Microsoft 365 suite and intend to bump up my subscription to a higher level for added security measures next summer.

Cons

Everyone is still using disparate systems. We left G-Mail to engage with Microsoft 365 specifically to have access to Teams as so many of our partners had it. I did forget to log out of a meeting and the system was inadvertently left open for 24 hours- camera live!!!!! When one of my teammates rejoined the daily scrum meeting the following morning, 25 minutes before the meeting was to commence, I was sitting in front of my computer in rollers and no makeup...we all had a good laugh but it would be nice if the system timed out after a period of inactivity.

Microsoft Teams - An amazing unified solution for all your office networking platform

There's no gainsaying the inescapable fact that microsoft Teams is an amazing office networking platform with features that enable me to effectively manage my projects data, status calls, project teams, status trackers, etc. The feature of Teams to effectively synconize with One Drive has helped my business team enormously to upload and securely save our important documents to cloud which we can easily retrieve real-time completely intact.

Pros

One feature of this software that stands out prominently is that it is an effective consolidated solution for all different network needs. The awesome diversity of Teams can readily be appreciated in its live video chat, audio chat, file sharing among collaborating team members, creating reminders, uploading files to share points, etc. The icing on the cake about all these features is that they are all seamless to use.

Cons

Notwithstanding the great features which Teams has, its GUI is a little bit confusing with bottons of all the features seeminly crowed together. Another feature of Teams that pose some concerns to me is that navigating some of the features could pose a challenge for some new users, especially whilst conductng interviews for potential employees, etc. And sometimes there could be a lot of noisy background if the alert is on.

Just what we need to stay connected

Pros

I know there are other chat features out there, but my office has Microsoft 365, so when we all moved to working remotely, this kept us connected. Now we still all work in different locations depending on the day, so it's really great to continue to keep us connected. We literally chat all day as a team, and helps us all know what is going on moment to moment. We also really enjoy the gifs and emojis...

Cons

I'm sure it's gotten better now, but the video chat features was never really as good as it could have been. At the height of the pandemic, we tried using Teams for our video chat and it didn't have good quality, only allowed a certain amount of screens to be shown at a time, and just wasn't as good as Zoom, so we switched. It does have screenshare, so that's good now, but it doesn't seem to have all the video call qualities Zoom offers.

Our Go-To Tool for Team Collaboration

My experience with teams have been overwhelmingly positive to the point that it is my go-to program for communication with my colleagues. The file sharing features are robust, and the ability to create numerous teams in addition to group chats allows me to keep everything that I need organized. Ultimately, Teams has improved my productivity.

Pros

I like that we have been able to integrate Teams into our Single Sign-On system. This means we can contact any member of the organization through their organization e-mail. We are able to chat privately, as a group, and can also create individual Teams for our organization as well as specific committees and sub-committees. Adding a file to a team is as simple as drag and drop and is easy to find under the "files" tab. Video calls work well, though it does require the user to be logged in. Screen sharing also works well, and the video conferencing features rival those of Zoom. I can access Teams either through a computer app, a phone app, or on the web. Being able to access my team anywhere is vital in 2021.

Cons

When I first logged in to Teams, I entered my e-mail incorrect and have not been able to "log out" as I am notified there is an issue. On other systems, I do not have this issue, so I am figuring that it is something specific to this particular machine. I have been working with my IT office to resolve this. Microsoft provides excellent support, so this is a very minor issue in the larger picture. There are moments where Teams can be somewhat laggy, as the program is slightly more CPU-intensive than something like zoom, but this is understandable given the breadth of features.

Great Communication Tool for a Remote Team

We could not have worked remotely for as long as we have or engaged with one another in such a genuine way without a platform like teams. It kept us from having to deploy multiple software solutions for communications and has solid integrations with other Office365 apps.

Pros

We were stepping our toes into Teams at the beginning of the pandemic, but it became a critical tool. We work in disaster response, and were dealing with engaging volunteers to respond to a devastating tornado when we suddenly found ourselves working remotely. It took a few months to figure out all of the features, but video meetings and chat quickly became crucial for our team. I love the improved Outlook integration, the new PowerPoint integration, and the ability to connect to SharePoint files or Microsoft forms from within Teams. I also appreciate the live captioning. It's exceptionally user friendly and is a great communication tool.

Cons

Microsoft tends to build a boat from a raft once it's afloat in the ocean. So features get added all of the time, which have greatly improved the software. There are still occasional challenges with external meetings, but those have improved tremendously over the past year. Teams does get "glitchy" for different users on different days. Mic issues here, seeing other users there, chat access denied, sounding like a robot...

Good way to stay on the same page

It has been overall a positive experience. I've had a few technical glitches here and there but they have to do with poor internet connections rather than the software itself. When scheduling meetings with my client and other people, it's super important that I don't make any mistakes in the set-up. It's an uncomfortable situation to find out that something went wrong later on, and when I set these meetings up, I always have an uneasy feeling that I missed some detail.

Pros

I like that I can be face-to-face with my client for the weekly meetings. It's important to see facial expressions and body language, especially because I am dealing with a client who can be difficult at times. The chat function is great and I like that I can mark things IMPORTANT to catch his attention.

Cons

It's not the easiest to set up for webinars or group meetings that my client has with his clients. Luckily he has a paid plan so I can call tech support to guide me through it. With this client, mistakes are not allowed, so I would appreciate an easier set up and a way to ensure that everything is set up correctly PRIOR to a meeting.

Great Software for Remote work

Teams helped my organization to streamline our video conferencing needs. Before we switched to Teams everyone was using something else: Duo, Chime, Zoom etc. I had to jump and switch between all those apps. Now, all my meetings are through teams and since it's completely integrated with my Outlook, i can track my meetings a lot easier.

Pros

Teams is completely integrated with Microsoft Office and since I use them both for work I like the ease of use they bring - especially for creating and joining online meetings. But considering teams only as a video conferencing tool would be wrong. Teams also allows you to create online folders to share documents with your teammates in a totally secure manner. Even though I do not use it, it can also help you manage your team, assign projects, tasks etc. My company is totally integrated with the office suit so I can see who is who through Teams - I can see their titles, phone numbers, offices, departments, managers etc. Teams has become an integral part of my organization.

Cons

I am sometimes having trouble with the mobile app - although it might be related with my phone. Whenever i am in a call via Teams if I receive a regular phone the bluetooth connection cuts off even if i do not accept the call. and routing the voice to my bluetooth headset takes a few tries.

Best Tool For Corporate Scalability

Overall, my experience using Microsoft Teams is positive. From an IT standpoint, I love the management console, which allows me great visibility into all sorts of metrics, configuration, and flexibility with how it operates. I also like how Sharepoint online can remove the burden of having employee files on local servers. From the end user's point of view, it's awesome. Great tools for video conferencing, chatting, organization, and collaboration, and scheduling. Teams also integrates with other plugins and affiliates to bring even more functionality and service.

Pros

Ok, here we go; there really is much to love here on Microsoft Teams. I hope that this review helps both end users and managers, as well as IT professionals that are looking on moving to Teams. Let me start off by saying that there is a lot your are subscribing to when using Teams. In MS Teams, you can create "Teams" where you can compartmentalize different units in your organization. For example,...

Cons

Some of my least favorite parts of Microsoft Teams revolve around the Desktop application. Teams is a great utility, however, it's a memory hog. Yes, if you launch task manager, you are likely to see if on your top 3 memory-intensive processes. Because of that, I use Teams from my browser.

The Communication Tool of the Pandemic

MS Teams has been a fantastic tool which has allowed my team to stay in communication during the pandemic. It's become our most used tool which has succeeded in increasing collaboration and efficiency. Although there are a few small issues with this app, mainly being the glitches and deletion of chat messages older than 30 days, there are so many more pros to using this software. I can see us sticking to this software for a while.

Pros

MS Teams has become the backbone of my team. I love that we can create multiple channels on this and go the level of determining who can access a channel as well as that member's level of control. This is a great collaboration tool since we are able to upload documents and have multiple people access these at the same time to modify/view. It's easy to create large group chats and start meetings from...

Cons

I least like the fact that chat conversations disappear after 30 days because then that data is lost. I also dislike that files can't be backed up because occasionally people delete files which are then completely gone unless someone stored a local copy on their machine. The app does occasionally glitch in large meetings which causes me to lose audio/video and the only solution is to restart the app and rejoin the meeting in order to restore that.

Vital Tool for Remote Work

Teams has been vital in keeping our office staff moving in the right direction through the pandemic. We have been able to continue providing assistance to staff and training through screen sharing and virtual meetings.

Pros

All of the tools are readily available within the meeting screen and makes it a breeze to share screen for demonstration or otherwise show staff, rather than just trying to verbally explain. Also easily integrated with other Microsoft products - meetings are saved directly to Outlook calendar.

Cons

The app doesn't work with our remote desktop environment, so we have to work outside of the remote desktop environment and have another screen with our remote desktop open for any of our other apps or software that we use.

I like that you can have different chats with individuals and groups, and it's easy to tell them all apart (you can name group chats and see everyone participating at the top). The mobile app/desktop work great together and I can pick up a conversation wherever I am without disruption. I use teams pretty much constantly to communicate with my team via IM and use for ad hoc meetings as well. Also, appreciate the gif library - some things can't be communicated with words alone.

Pros

I think my favorite thing about teams is how easy it is to use. It's very intuitive to find conversations, files, whatever you need. It's integrated with our SharePoint, so sharing and accessing files is super easy and really has helped our remote work be seamless.

Cons

Sometime the differences between using a "team" chat vs. a chat with a group can be confusing. They seem to have similar functionality (can share/access files, chat, meet, etc.) but the "team" notification vs. the group chat isn't as intuitive. They seem to serve the same purpose so I'm not sure I understand why there are both options - I usually just use the group chat function (unless working with someone outside of my organization). Also, you can search previous conversations for a word or phrase (SUPER helpful for trying to remember a decision made on the fly) but it will only show you that single chat message containing it, rather than the conversation around it - you have to manually scroll back to find that.

Best communication app for business

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Teams for more than 2 years now almost every day. In my opinion it is the best communication and collaboration tool so far. - Microsoft Teams integrates very well with apps such as Microsoft Planner and Jira. It is very easy to build Kanban like task management boards for the team, assigns tasks to required people, to view analytics of task progress etc. - File management...

Cons

The integration with Microsoft Outlook is not so good as Skype for Business had.

Became an Essential Part of the Workday

It truly has become essential and something can't operate without. Plus, the video backgrounds on our daily meeting have been a nice addition.

Pros

We feature a management team that is spread out across a variety of locations. Video conferencing and collaboration tools are a must for us. We've used this tool for collaborative work on Office documents, file sharing, team communication and lots more. It's been something that has quickly become one of the more essential tools to our daily worklife.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest drawback to the software is that while the collaborative file work is useful, it's not quite as easy or as seamless as Google Docs, for example.

Professional, Simple, Smart and Easy Office Tool

I love Ms Teams. It has helped me tremendously especially during this WFH situation. I was able to conduct meetings, view meetings that i was not able to attend, and train new recruits easily while working from home. We were able to share all the documents in chats and it is so easy to view all the documents shared in the Teams app.

Pros

Teams is very easy to use and it is fast. I can use it anywhere be it my laptop or smartphone. Because of the Pandemic and WFH situation, Teams has helped me and my colleagues carry on our work in a regular way and stay in touch or conduct meetings as we used to in the office. Screen Sharing and Recording is amazing and one of the most important tools I feel. This helped us a lot in training new recruits without being there in person. The best part is this integrates with outlook and the calendar so I do not miss any important meetings i am asked to attend.

Cons

The screen when sharing is small and should be increased in size. Maybe due to slow internet connection or what, the screen appears in a lag during screen sharing but everything else is working fine. The screen blurs when the internet fluctuates even a bit.

Best Team Collaboration Software

I recently officially started using Microsoft Teams for work and I must say it's one of the best team collaboration softwares that I've used so far. It's perfect for remote work especially, and gives a very professional yet fun and interactive interface. I haven't used it in it's entirety or gotten the chance to check out it's full capacity but so far I'm extremely impressed by what Microsoft has done with this software.

Pros

Based on my own experience navigating this platform, I can say that what I love and appreciate the most about Teams is how seemlessly it integrates with the other Microsoft apps like Outlook and OneDrive. If you have a meeting scheduled on your calendar, for example, once the meeting starts there will be a pop up for you to quickly click and join without having to leave Outlook. You also have all of...

Cons

As far as cons go, I can't really think of much. The biggest thing that used to bother me was that on the desktop version I wasn't able to reply to specific messages in a chat. The lack of that feature used to make it a bit tedious for me when I wanted to respond to a single message in a sea of messages, I usually would have to jump onto the app on my phone and reply from there then go back to the...

Microsoft Teams, a value for money group platform

I started using Microsoft Teams almost 2 years ago, since every university started teaching classes online. Our university provided us and our teachers with free Microsoft Teams accounts, so that we can use its features to their full capacity. For almost all of the classes it has worked amazingly, except for those that have more than 300 attendees. Those meetings are not supported by Microsoft Teams and have to be hosted on a different platform. However, I find Microsoft Teams very user-friendly, since you can access classes materials, announcements, posts etc very easily and get personal notifications.

Pros

Having used Microsoft Teams for almost 2 years, I really enjoy its interface. It has a very user-friendly layout and everyone finds it easy to use it, even on their first time! It is a very organized way of group sharing and communicating, since you can keep shared files on specific folders on each group channel, you can have both one-on-one and group meetings, share your screen and request control on someone's shared screen. It has a lot of fancy backgrounds for the videocalls and offers a lot of useful tools for the host of the meeting. Finally, I really like the threads under channel posts, so you can have a discussion under a specific topic, as a comment of the initial post, without having to scroll for ages on the channel.

Cons

I really like Microsoft Teams and find it very easy to use, but unfortunately, if you want to explore all its features you have to be willing to pay an average fee for each user. However, you can still use the free product, but with some limitations, like the maximum meeting time at 1 hour, or the maximum participants number at 100. However, even when paying the full price, Microsoft Teams participants capacity is at 300, so webinars with larger crowds than that have to find a different venue.

Improve inner company communication and focus email on external communications

Previous to using Teams most of our inner company communication was done via email, which lead to the every user have large mailbox sizes. It was this abundance of inner company emails, a lot of times with files attached, that lead to the death of our old Exchange email server and the migration to Exchange 365. Since Teams was included with our Office 365 subscription I made a push to get people to...

Pros

The chat feature is a excellent alternative to using email for inner company communication. Text conversations are much more readable than long email chains, and the option to have voice, video, screen sharing and file sharing all in one place has made inner company communication much easier.

Cons

The 'Teams' themselves are not as intuitive as they could be and it has taken longer to get our employees to buy into them as a means of collaboration and communication compared to chat. Looking through old conversations is cumbersome and finding old discussion topics is not as ease as email. While a word search is available it only will display a single message when a result is click without the additional context of surrounding messages. More options for viewing a searching old conversations would be extremely useful. The desktop Teams app uses a lot of RAM, older computers with less than 16GB might struggle to run it and other programs, which defeats the purpose of the application if it is not available all the time.

Microsoft Teams, your cyber workstation

During the covid lockdown, I like millions used Microsoft Teams to carry on my studies and due to the amount of varying functions that it hosts I have never felt that it is easy to work on campus rather than home.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is an easy to use software to conduct work from home. You can use it to conduct video conferencing with a lot of participants. You can share files of any type easily through it with other participants. Being part of the Microsoft 365 family, you can use other Microsoft software like word, excel with in it. It provides a good sound and video quality. Participants can also share their screen with others, thus making it a good platform to carry out a presentation. Also you do not have to pay anything for it separately if you already are paying a fee for Microsoft 365. It is compatible with all devices and also have a free version which provides all the vital chat and meeting functions.

Cons

Though it is a good software it needs a feew improvements like providing an integrated search option that work accross the platform for improved accessibility. Also its notifications mechanism needs to be improved.

The saviour of remote workers during lockdown

We adopted teams at the beginning on 2020, a few weeks before someone said "have you heard of this covid thing?" We couldn't have timed it better, as it meant we could all work from home during the pandemic with 100% of the abilities of the office Now things are returning to (the new) normal, it's even meant we can modernise our approach to remote working - which has had a huge impact on employee wellbeing and reducing our carbon footprint

Pros

First and foremost, Teams has been the reason I've been able to work from home during the pandemic I use it all day every day for team meetings, webinars and keeping in touch with team members and colleagues The chat function is my favourite part but I have to admit the video calling and conferencing is finally the "Video Phone" that we were promised in the 1960s It just works And the ability to change your background on video calls has been the saviour of the home worker with the untidy house :-) Teams is especially useful for people being able to ask you quick questions without disturbing you, as you can quickly see someone needs you but you don't have to drop everything like if it was a face to face "interruption"

Cons

The only real issue I have may be user error. If you send a file to someone, then send the same file to someone else, it does prompt you to either keep/replace/rename - every time Annoying but not the end of the world