Microsoft Teams Reviews

Chat-based workspace in Office 365

3,600 reviews

Teams simplifies communication

We have been very happy with Teams and I recommend it to everyone I work with.

Pros

Teams centralize most of the internal communications of my clients. I use it to interact with them and they use it to communicate clearly with each other. By that I mean we have set up channels for all of their different tasks and they can easily post questions or information pertinent to that channel easily and keeping the information organized. We also use it to conference with customers and it allows us to share our screens so that we can all see the information at the same time. It is very easy to schedule these conferences or to create one ad hoc.

Cons

It has been confusing knowing what needed to be configured to allow customers to dial into a phone number for conference calls. I upgraded users that needed this functionality and added minutes to their accounts so that customers could call in, but the minutes were never used even though they used this feature. I wouldn't have spent the money on it if it was clear that it was unnecessary.

An excellent tool to handle equipment of all sizes.

The experience in general has been very good, it solves quite well the general problems that a team can present in its day to day, bugs are not recurring and it is above all an application that can be trusted, it only takes a place where add the credentials that the team uses constantly, to my mind.

Pros

I really like how without the need to get out of the same tool we can do so many things, it is an excellent place to coordinate everything from daily meetings with the team such as taking forums, doubt sections, documentation control and much more. Personally, the daily use and communication method is very good, the chat is quite comfortable to use, the calls are usually of very good quality and you can have together with many people at the same time, it does not require many resources in your machine and the truth is that almost never fails, it is very rare to report bugs in this application.

Cons

The main problem with this application in general is that you need to have a good internet to be able to use it correctly and fluently, if it is not your case you will notice constant lost calls and constant signs that it can present failures due to the internet. Another thing is that you may get lost sometimes in your beginnings with this application because of how extensive it is, however it is a very simple application, it is necessary to configure it correctly to get it as useful as possible, I invite you to explore it completely.

Microsoft Teams - right up there with the best

I see Microsoft Teams right up there with the best - either as a screen sharing and audio/video conferencing tool or as a team collaboration tool. Its awesome.

Pros

The ease of use for a participant to log in. The choice of web or app is great since there is no need to download the app. Most functionalities are supported on the web app. The sound clarity is awesome, one can feel it once having used other conferencing software. The feature allowing a participant to access the presenter's screen (needs to be used cautiously) is excellent for us while conducing training sessions of our solution. As a team, we use MS Teams for collaborating on multiple projects.

Cons

Teams desperately needs to give hosts a public url, which is a much faster way to share and jump onto a call. The url right now is a lengthy string, almost hilariously long. If there was one thing that competitors like join.me or zoom have over Teams, it is this!

There is no "I" in Team - Teamwork the MS way

In the past, having multiple applications on various platforms to communicate effectively to my teams became a tedious challenge due to many variables. With Microsoft Teams, we have realized the benefits of a converged communications platform as we see our client service levels on an all-time high as well as our bottom line showing positive growth due to enhanced productivity and efficiency from our teams. This product is definitely away into the future for converged communications and shared cloud workspace solutions.

Pros

The best feature of Microsoft Teams is the seamless integration of voice, data, and important business material that one is able to share across an organization. In the past various other tools bearing minimal resource/tool options were used, thus making it time-consuming and sometimes frustrating to follow processes. The greatness of the interactive relationships within the Microsoft Office 365 ecosystem...

Cons

At this point, I cannot think of any feature that has hindered me or affected me negatively. I use the software on a daily basis and across different devices. I have not had any issues or challenges.

True Seamlesss Multi-Platform Collaboration

We are a group of a dozen people across North America and expecting to grow to multiple countries in the next year. We use the group chat and video chats as a way to "walk to someone's desk" or "peek over the cubicle wall".

Pros

Proper and correct syncing between multiple platforms is by far the best feature. It looks, works, and keeps track of current conversations regardless of the platform. Ability to take notes and/or schedule notes within a meeting or group chat is very valuable. All of these files are kept in sync regardless of the platform, and this syncing is seamless. The fact that all of this is integrated fully into the rest of our Office365 package means we don't have to have multiple apps or worry that a plugin won't be supported.

Cons

What we have like least is currently in development by Microsoft. At the moment, we cannot undock a video chat window from the regular chats. We also cannot have multiple chat windows going. It would be great to be able to continue a live video conference and have a chat window on another part of the screen or use the whiteboard or note taking features all at the same time.

Upgrade from Skype (and Outlook)

I love the fact that this is a very easy to use application, to chat with another team member, you just type their name in the search field. It also allows chats with each of the people who’ve accepted (and, unfortunately, those who haven’t replied or declined) appointments in Microsoft Outlook. I’ve not figured out how to disable the ability to invite me to chats about appointments I’ve declined (as...

Pros

It’s seamless integration with other Microsoft Office products so that no new knowledge is needed to use and all of the features of other products are repurposed in this one.

Cons

Ironically, this application might be better suited if it were merely an enhancement of features in Microsoft Outlook.

Collaborative development - Microsoft teams to the rescue

It is a great software for communication. Saving a lot of effort and time. Building applications collaboratively.

Pros

It is very easy to use, convenient and user friendly. It is a very light weighted software and does not take much of your space. It is great for internal communication in a company. It supports features like polling which is very useful. It has various apps and connectors to integrate with other software. It supports sharing of all types of files. It is great for scheduling and holding meetings. It supports the functionality where different channels could be created for different departments and teams under a company and promote collaborative development. Also supports excel and other ms documents.

Cons

Sometimes while sharing files, the software freezes and have to try sharing the file multiple times. It saves the files by default to a teams folder in the system and does not ask for a path to store the file. The UI when attending demo calls should also be enhanced, it just shows the number of people in the call.

How our team uses Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams serves our team well. It has all the functionalities and integrations that we may possibly need and we don't have to pay extra for it as it is part of the Office Suite. With Teams, we can do and share everything without having to go to a different tool, like Skype, Mural, Lucid Chart, SharePoint etc.

Pros

There are a few features that I personally love about teams: 1. Ability to add additional applications. In teams, you can link other apps to your team page and this way it makes Teams a one stop place for us. Not only I am able to link different kinds of Microsoft tools Powerpoint and Word, but also third party tools like Lucid Chart and Mural that we use for diagrams, Ruum for project management,...

Cons

There are a few little things, like not being able to have multiple team pages or folders open at once, for example. It also is a little buggy from time to time, for example, it wouldn't let me rename folders under certain circumstances, but would work an hour later.

Microsoft Teams is not only for conferencing its bunch of application

Teams is good product for business work. This is coming with Office 365 as bulk product. Most of the time our internal roaming meeting are handle by MS Teams. Voice and Video quality is good, Screen sharing is working with low bandwidth conditions. Social Chanel activities like Facebook & Twitter are integrated with same application this is good feature for cooperate communication teams.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is not only conferencing app its integration bunch of application. With single application we are able to access most of the Microsoft service one-drive Calendar, One note, planner etc. Believe this is grate alternative for MS lync, SFB. Spaciously channel creation is very help full to discuss internal issues and and share our ideas. Team meeting work as slimier to Skype for business. video and voice quality is very clear and seems this is working with using less bandwidth. Product is getting attractive among the users and admins. it’s using AD credential for sign in.

Cons

Software startup time is slow have to wait little time to complete work. some time application environment complex for basic users that time we have to help them to find out application features. As a user and admin Cons are very less with the product.

Better communication platform for a company which use Office 365

In my opinion, I much prefer Skype to Microsoft Teams because of the ease of chatting and the use of uploading and viewing files is so much easier. OneDrive can be used instead to upload files and it can then be shared and that is much easier for me. Microsoft Teams is new, and for now, it seems complicated to me because of the structure of the chat and file structure. When the OneDrive synchronizing stoped on my MacBook, I had a very bad time with it.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very good easy to use a duplicate and changed version of Skype. Microsoft Teams can be used to do a number of different things that Skype cannot do. Microsoft Teams on the good side can do a number of different things from starting a conversation to set reminders for groups or teams. Microsoft Teams can share files with anyone in your team with ease, and it does get deeper than that. Teams also do more than the usual chat software, like personalizing the software so it can fit your experience. If you have a full Office 365 package you will experience full Office 365 including tools such as Planner, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Power BI. Teams has both Android and iOS apps that you can use to communicate with your colleagues with your smartphone.

Cons

But then again, Teams can get confusing. Uploading a file can be easy, but then again file structure can be complicated and can frustrate users (it frustrated me). Microsoft tries and makes it easy to use by separating the main features into categories like Chat, Teams, and Files to separate apps on the sidebar. This again over-confuses users (like it did to me) as everyone prefers it to be in one app like it was on Skype. It has compatibility issues, I have installed and used Teams in my MacBook but OneDrive synchronizing has stoped I have no idea on this issue.

Good software for team communication

overall it is a good software, capable for quick and easy meetings and lots of integration with Microsoft products. Maybe it lacks some fancy features like the ones you can find in GoToMeeting, but Teams is already included in some Microsoft business packages, so no separated config needed.

Pros

Teams aims to be a full communication software for developements teams. With this in mind, it includes both written and audio/video chat. Something nice about Teams it is that the written chat is not a secondary feature behind the audio/video meetings, but it is part of the main feature. It allows to create one-to-one chats, like a direct messaging software, but also allows to create team chats, group...

Cons

It requires a very stable internet connection. Athough this is something common in video-conference software, with Teams is a bit extra problem since a network with ver little unstability causes the audio/video quality to drop too mucha and even kick you out of the meeting, after what you need to join again. The inexistance of a native Linux client is also a really big downside for me.

Microsoft Teams crushes Slack!

We wanted to get ahead of the sun setting of Skype for Business and realize the benefits of Teams collaboration capabilities.

Pros

Microsoft Teams provides all of the functionality of Skype for Business, but with a better user experience. The audio and video quality is excellent. The collaboration features are by far the best I've experienced. Simple to deploy, easy to use, I cannot say enough good things about Teams.

Cons

Without proper governance, this product will sprawl easily within your organization. Take some time to setup business rules and remove the default permissions, enabling the proper security and administration of the application.

MS Teams, Microsoft's new collaboration app that you will wonder how you did without it!!

Once you get used to its quirks and also get your head around how Teams and Channels work it becomes an invaluable addition to the Microsoft Office 365 Eco System. I now use it daily to plan and out and collaborate on my clients Channels / Teams with the added functionality from Apps, Connectors and Bots ive now been able to feed in many of the Cloud Apps and Services that i use for my business so that i have all the data i need in MS Teams. Also now Teams has the IM and VOIP functions all working ready to take over from Skype for Business when it retires fairly soon i also use Teams as my communication app on top of everything else which gives you some sort of idea how much it can actually do now.

Pros

What i like most about Microsoft Teams is its versatility, its uses seem to be endless. It took me a while to get used to using it as its grown as ive learnt to use it. Microsoft and 3rd Parties are still adding new functionality to Teams via apps, connectors and bots and it seems to be gaining pace as developers see that its adoption is taking off which for end users is great news as more than likely you will be able to find one of these apps, connectors and bots that will connect Teams to another Cloud App or Service that you use already making Teams even more productive to use.

Cons

Its Tennant switching function, Guest and External users still baffle me sometimes as its not straight forward to use. If your Azure AD user has been invited into a team that belongs to another Office 365 Tennant account you have to manually switch Teams to that Tennant account via a drop down which then switches over to that Office 365 Tennants Teams channels so that you can access the channel /...

Skype is No Longer our Hype

The major business component my team and I are solving while using Microsoft Teams is communication. Communication will always be the most important key in all areas of customer service. Microsoft Teams has proved to be loyal, reliable and a great source of evidence. As the Front Desk Agent, it is my duty to take in all incoming calls and direct them as seen fit. At times my directors, payroll admins...

Pros

My company began using Microsoft Teams in April of 2019. Using a new product can be tricky and make you unsure if you'll like it. I don't like Microsoft Teams, I LOVE it! The software offers more features, options and accessibilities for its users. My team and I mainly use the platform to communicate with one another versus picking up the phone and calling because it is faster and more convenient....

Cons

My coworkers and I simply use Microsoft Teams to communicate information with one another and based on the software alone, have not had a single predicament. There is nothing that I least like about using this product personally. Though I do go on to question why this application has so many apps for integration and the purpose to integrate the many apps in association. A first time buyer may think...

MSTeams is a top notch communication app

Nothing but positive experiences so far and it was a welcome addition once I mentioned it was included with our sub.

Pros

- The ability to control the channels and groups - Being able to easily get missed notifications via email - Mobile app that is just as great as the desktop app - Web app makes it easier for everyone to use teams with no installation - add-ons for wiki's scheduling - HIPAA compliant - Able to share your screen with co-workers on the fly

Cons

- Lacks the ability to create a command like slack where you can have a bot produce a wifi code or other common knowledge that is needed from time to time

Great concept, needs some work

We are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.

Cons

The most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts...

Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!

Teams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.

Pros

Teams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams)...

Cons

Teams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.

Pretty good software with some unfortunate weak spots

We use it as an all-around communication software, and overall it works quite well (despite the minor hiccups described above). Thanks to wikis and planners we can even include some other elements of our collaboration structure in Teams, enabling us to get by with only two software systems: Teams for communications and Scoro for task and project management as well as CRM and billing.

Pros

The basic functionality is quite good. It essentially does what it's supposed to do: It allows you to chat with team members. The direct chat option is pretty straightforward. The option of creating different teams (hence the name) to structure the group chats is quite conventient, because it adds another layer, making it three: Teams, channels, threads (within channels). Notifications are pretty reliable,...

Cons

One thing that bugs me is an issue that also came up with Slack: You sometimes miss notifications because, when you open the app, you automatically jump into the last channel (or chat) you where when closing it. When you actually want to go to some other place, you might leave the channel, leaving all notifications marked as "read" - but you might not even have noticed there was something new in them!...

organization and collaboration of work in a single tool

It is a software that is easy to handle and helps teamwork to flow faster and more efficiently.

Pros

the use of Microsoft Teams gave us the integration that we were lacking in order to integrate several solutions into one. the way of collaborative teamwork becomes a reality! In our company we have been using it for about 2 years and it has helped us to have a better control over the project's orientation. You can organize each area in a team Within each team you can have different channels each...

Cons

that the conversations when it happens a lot of time to have had them, the files and notes exchanged disappears from the panel, is one of the few things that would change him. the mobile client is a bit unstable, I imagine it's a problem of being so new.

Fantastic Software for Internal and External Collaboration

Pros

Seamless integration across O365, high quality voice and video chat, sitting on Sharepoint Online base, location for collaborating on online or onpremise Office documents, ongoing updates to user-interface and extras, some customization functionality, dedicated email address for each team channel, integration of non-office365 products, the addition of the "files" icon along the side to see recently...

Cons

One can only see 7 days in advance within the calendar, some "meet in teams" calendar aspects clear out randomly, uploaded icons for teams regularly go blank, the website tab is picky sometimes and will disallow long urls forcing to use url shortening services, confusing difference between owner and member (the difference should be noted right within teams so that one doesn't have to find it in a...

A Simple-yet-Feature Rich Program That Ties All of Microsoft Office into 1 Cohesive Whole

Microsoft Teams provides a way by which any company can more easily create a system to increase collaboration and real time updates. It has destroyed the middle man called email and increased productivity 100 fold.

Pros

Microsoft Teams has been extremely fundamental in bringing our company together and breaking down silos between different departments. Microsoft Teams essentially allows you to organize and manage different projects while still keeping it collaborative and manageable by everyone involved. A team can be created and each person is given either 'Owner' capabilities or 'Member' capabilities depending...

Cons

While certainly useful, Microsoft Teams is relatively new. Sometimes, it will log you out accidentally, or a file cannot be edited even though everyone has closed out of it, or your access to files changes randomly and can only be fixed by restarting the program. As Microsoft continues debugging, this will hopefully improve, but there is still a ways to go. Furthermore, some features are certainly lacking. Comments cannot be edited. Team or channel templates do not exist yet. Skype for Business is not yet completely integrated. Little things that you would expect to be standard have not been created as it is still a relatively new program. While certainly useful, its usefulness will increase as more updates roll out.

My Microsoft Teams review

We started to use MS Teams about a year ago but we already acknowledged that MS Teams is a great collaboration tool with very good future trends.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is quite young tool but it became very popular lately. It provides various of collaboration services like video conferences, meeting rooms, group chats, group calls. It improves the productivity of the team in companies, helps to simplify the working processes, increases overall collaboration activity while working on projects. Microsoft OneNote can be used to take notes while having a group call in MS Teams.

Cons

Microsoft Teams is still growing and improving its capabilities. It seems Microsoft still has technical issues while deploying Teams for large amount of new customers because of high load of the servers. That's a possible reason of periodical service slowness. Also MS Teams still lack of some features of Slack (its main competitor). Would be great if Microsoft integrates the features of Skype for Business into MS Teams. This will make calling features of MS Teams more intuitive for end customers.

Microsoft Teams

It reduced the delay which we had requires to incase of conference physical conference local calls. Due to teams, we are able to share the little allowed issue quickly instead of bulky mails. it helps to share the tables and all contact as it is and due to that, we have save the time which was waste to create docs and excels.

Pros

Microsoft Teams it is an application that provides the ease of communication which helps you to secure chat and conversations.

Cons

Teams will help you to share the images and other media just on a single click. Where the other application couldn't allow you to use the media in that way (eg. simple capture image and paste on teams ) Teams will allow you to make conferences with a high-quality voice and help you to find the employe's whole or all details regarding organization(email address, contacts, department, etc) who registered with teams. Teams will allow you to share the current status and display lights likewise (available, away, busy and most beautiful is in call )which helps you to avoid misunderstandigns

A Collaboration Tool for Everyone

Microsoft Teams is an excellent Collaboration tool which helps in building relationship within team and across teams, faster information travel, brings transparency and unlocks a new paradigm of communication via single interface. Creation of Groups and teams provide dedicated channels for conversations, meetings and documents sharing on topics specific to interest to that group.

Pros

1. Good Messenger functionality. Individual and Group communication improves information sharing more efficient. 2. Messages travel faster than emails. App on phone improves quick turnaround. 3. Call quality is very good. Call, document editing, scree sharing can go hand in hand. 4. Sharing of information (files, documents) increases transparency across group 5. Shared documents available for real time editing by all members of that group for quick turnaround as teams is a fully cloud based Solution. 6. Easy to learn for new members 7. Creation of Team takes collaboration at next level. Multiple forums can run at same time. Cloud based access adds another dimension. 8. 3rd Party Apps can be easily integrated into Teams.

Cons

1. Meeting and sharing functions can be further improved. 2. Communication under created Teams vs Chat need to be more user friendly.

Gets the Job Done

Overall I like it. It's a good piece of software that has room for improvement. Sharing files is really easy, messaging is easy. Those are the two critical pieces for us and it provides those.

Pros

It's easy to communicate with other team members. Definitely a lot better than email! I also like that it stores documents and the conversations are searchable.

Cons

The search functionality is incredibly useful, but has some major drawbacks. I've looked all over for a way to export conversations and that doesn't seem do-able. The search often bugs out if you try to scroll too far back or forward. The search function tends to be slow. Also, the conversations could run more smoothly. For example, I'd like to create multiple conversations with the same individuals to group our discussions (e.g. Marketing or Sales). This doesn't seem to be possible (or if it is, I can't figure it out easily, which is it's own problem). It would make managing conversations easier to segment them.