Microsoft Teams Reviews - Page 4

7,959 reviews

Microsoft Teams: Organization on the Go... sort of...

My experience is average at best. Aside from the fact that I absolutely hate the notifications sounds, the experience on sending and receiving messages has been reliable. Of course, the quality of every feature will change, depending on your device and Internet stability. So, make sure you're good to go with those two things, and it may be the most average experience on a software that does what it promises.

Pros

After the departure of Windows Messenger, it has not been easy to find a perfect replacement. And Microsoft Teams is not your best choice. However, there are many features that are logically better and improved from any other software that works similarly. For example, if you are in a working or academic environment, you will definetely find it useful for communication, videocalls, screen sharing,...

Cons

So far, the worst thing about this software is easily the notifications sounds. They are extremely annoying and the small windows that appear every single time you receive a message will surely fill up your entire screen in a matter of seconds before you open that specific conversation. You should be able to have a variety of sounds to choose from as well as more options for receiving notifications. It gets frustrating every time you get more that five messages at the same time, I mean, considering that this is a software for chatting, and at the end of the day, you don't want to receive any messages because those sounds are really irritating. Please, give us more options on that matter.

Out-standing and all in one online meeting application

With Microsoft teams, we are able to do effective document management and efficient communication. Microsoft teams allows us to do calender scheduling and with this, we are able to organize events effectively.

Pros

Microsoft teams shines in a number of features. The following are the features that we find outstanding in Microsoft teams: 1. Screen sharing. It allows an individual to share the specific window he/she wants to share while doing a presentation. With sharing, members in the same meeting are able to follow on what the presenter says and does practically. 2. Ability to give control The presenter can...

Cons

Microsoft teams is 'heavy'. It uses a lot of memory space but again since it is efficient then one can expand the device memory to accommodate it well so as to avoid having the device run slowly.

Teams as Ultimate Collaboration Software

Microsoft Teams has made groups/teams' collaboration very seamless, efficient and effective. It has introduced a new way of working for everyone. Teams has also lessened the volume of emails we need to send to my colleagues as they are now one chat away.

Pros

I like the fact that Teams listens to its consumers and compares itself with the other software/competitors. A lot has improved since I first used this in 2019. The file sharing, "Meet Now" and integration of other Microsoft platforms are my top favorites. Another feature that I enjoy about Teams is the ability to edit Microsoft files on the spot / via drive without saving it in your computer. There are a lot of Microsoft vendors in the Philippines, thus the customer service is superb - like Eastern Communications and hammerjack.

Cons

The event management side is something that needs a lot of improvement. While I have seen tons of changes from spotlight, attendee option, lobby room, to mute all participants - I'm still looking for some more features to provide a better event experience for our stakeholders. Like private chat to participants, chat to those in the waiting room, sending the participants back to the lobby, admin's ability to turn off the participant's video, function to prohibit the participants from unmuting themselves etc.

Teams is built for the power user, not the regular user

Teams is robust and has every feature required in the modern office. One clear advantage to Teams is that when an Excel or Word file is shared in Teams, an employee does not have to have a license to that office product, to view/edit the shared file. Teams works on web, Apple products, phone. It's very reliable and compatible on all kinds of browser/OS/device combinations. There's no overlapping content...

Pros

Teams is incredibly robust. Some competitors such as Slack, ClickUp, or Google Drive (tangentially) may have one of the features that Teams has, but none of them have have all the tools that Teams has. A few features jump out and are particularly important to my daily workflow. Our team has a hard of hearing person and the captions are a help in her reading lips. The accessibility features that Teams...

Cons

Teams is built for the power user, not the regular user. Teams lacks conveniences to help users navigate the application. Some situations: - When a meeting has begun and I missed the call, it is really hard to reach the meeting. I usually have to go to my email to find the Teams link. It's confusing. When I open Teams, I want to see a list of missed calls and meetings in progress that I was invited...

Absolute simple easy tool for collaboration

The product is just simply amazing and reliable to run entire departments, conduct online trainings, course work projects and collaboration. We are glad we updated to MS teams, saves us lot of money and time too

Pros

The integration with our existing office 365, outlook and calendar makes it no-brainer for selecting this product. The entire company is on Teams in less than a week!! Some of the really amazingly simple features I can highlight from my experience are Online meeting with students, counseling and guests Conduct sprint/agile ceremonies with remote teams became smooth and easy Remote screen sharing, remote access and much is now simply smooth without depending on other costly tools we have used in past

Cons

For some students and trainers who are remote and have low bandwidth - we have seen a lot of hanging on audio/screen sharing issues. That being said, the issues are mostly if we have bad bandwidth/internet issues.

One-stop shop Video Conferencing Platform

Using Microsoft Teams has been an amazing experience. With having less memory and energy as an active process, it is good to use MS Teams as one of your main applications for work/school. It has all the needed features to utilize and maximize the video conferencing and user storage aspects for your tasks and meetings.

Pros

This is one of the best video conferencing platforms out there. Not only can you communicate with people through video but the storage and organization aspect definitely enhances the experience of a session. Suitable not only for students/young users but also for administrators who would want to organize their work and share their files and documents. The capability of adding on bots or more features brings it to a whole new level as well. The chat feature accesses all people registered within the organization. By typing the name, you get to message and communicate with said person. The level of access has also been proven useful.

Cons

I do find some notification settings hard to control when you are part of multiple channels. I do not get to fully utilize the assignment aspect of the Microsoft Teams. The video features on it may do a bit more improvement. My camera quality seems a bit lower here compared to other platforms. The presentation feature seems to be in need of improvement. It hards to view both the application and the presentation at the same time which makes it difficult to present at the same time.

Microsoft Teams is a go to and best software for collaborating within the team!

Its a good collaboration tool which helps you in setting up your day at work from meetings to connecting with your colleagues, creating project work related groups are very good features

Pros

Features like you can manage your complete meetings note, scheduling meeting and collaborating with team mates and access control for the important work related smartsheets can be done on Microsoft Teams.

Cons

UI can be improved further for the ease of use though its good and it can also be customized as per the requirements of big clients which are using it in their company's world wide

From Lync to Teams

I would describe my overall experience as Exceptional.

Pros

Teams is ever-evolving and always improving the way we communicate with each other. Some key features that I like are the ability to call-in with a telephone on a conference call. Another is being able to invite guests to connect and message the organization. The Cloud flare DNS setup wizard is great too. Makes for easy migrations. Takes a lot of heavy lifting off of the administrator.

Cons

Integration was not an issue for me, DNS setup was okay. Cost would be the only factor that I would have in relation to dislikes.

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

Pros

We uses it daily for chat in between online class. For online exams For discussion in class. my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

Cons

Many things i dsnt like about this app 1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam 2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality 3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the very helpless situation of app . 4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

Pros

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

Cons

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Clases Virtuales con MS Teams

En general excelente, en el Colegio le encanta, ya lo estudiantes estan acostumbrado a utilizarla, el equipo de Teams, siempre esta trabajando en mejora, por lo que siempre tenemos una opcion nueva que utilizar o mejorar la que ya estamos acostumbrado a usar.

Pros

La facilidad de implementacion, lo comodo que es hacer todo desde el mismo programa sin necesidad de abrir otro, comunicacion constante y fluida, capacidad para grabacion, poder compatir pantalla y asignar el moderador a cada uno de los participantes, compartir archivo en tiempo real, ademas de asignar las tareas de manera facil y sencilla.

Cons

Carga mucho a la maquina, si lo tenemos que inicie automatico, puedo hacer que el computador tarde mas de lo normal en iniciar. uso mucho ancho de banda de la conexion.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Great, but navigation is difficult

We have to use it for our college to remote teach our students as it was mandated by the college themselves, and after a bit of a learning curve, it does do what it needs to, but there are ways that the program could be made more efficient and easier to navigate through.

Pros

The ability to take remote classes in this program without having to have a separate application is a real positive - I used to teach remotely before Covid times, and used a combination of my own Virtual Learning Environment, Slack for text communication with the students, and a live stream on youtube. This does put everything in one place, and integration is great with OneDrive!

Cons

There are a few difficulties with Teams. While there is a search function, finding what you need means learning the structure of where things are - each "team" is a class, that then gets further divided down into channels, within these you have the assignments, etc - it can be complex. Recording lessons was only being saved for 30 days, but this can now be set to save permanently now.

Real Time collaboration tool for teams with several integrations and features

Except few nuances, I am happy user of the tool.

Pros

1. Excellent integration with Microsoft office 2. Call out actions on tasks in all Microsoft documents for other users and collaborate 3. View of the org chart of a coworker with complete hierarchy, a much better way than outlook 4. Multiple users can make changes at same time in real time 5. Chat feature is customizable based on your org policy 6. Calendar integration with outlook and another venue...

Cons

1. When you are working on one document and you want to do be on multiple documents alternatively, its not good interface 2. Several teams in large organizations can get overwhelming to keep up with 3. Back (Keystroke) feature of the Teams doesn't work very well as it goes back to folder structure vs going to document level 4. Outlook calendar collaboration is a good feature but with several integrations, MS teams overall becomes little convoluted at times 5. Chat is integrated but its not as good as Messenger interface which is small window icon and is separate from your documentation repository 6. Presentation of ppt at times get stuck in full mode and then you have to switch back into normal mode, then present again to move to next page

Microsoft Teams

Overall teams has been my friendly application I would suggest to use team for meeting, educational talk, discussion, for communication etc. Its been around 1-2years of using the application.

Pros

Microsoft team is the most useful application for students. It helps for online classes and to communicate with friends and teachers. I have used Microsoft Teams for my classes and to communicate with friends and teachers.The app has been most appropriate app for developing personal and official bond.The features of sharing files has helped me a lot during my studies. The Teams can be customised...

Cons

Microsoft Teams has many attractive features.As we know fulfilling one need creates another. So there exist hope to get new features. As Microsoft need high quality Internet for proper video conference sometimes poor Internet connection creates obstacle to use the feature of team. While looking at the screen during meeting there is limitation to see video of only 9 participants. I hope teams will upgrade with new innovative feature so as a user I would be more satisfied.

MS Teams is truly a TEAM builder

Overall, we've been happy with MS Teams and saved money on moving away from GoToMeeting. While we're happy with the product, we're also aware that this 'may' get shelved in the future, like Skype. Who knows? Maybe that's what progress is. but for now, its a great platform and we're happy.

Pros

Its FREE!! (that in itself is the biggest advantage to many small businesses). Obviously FREE with an Office 365 Subscription (for Email/OneDrive/Teams). Its on the Microsoft Platform so you know that it'll be constantly update. The Quality of collaboration is great! The new 'Buckets' function makes it on par with many other Project Management tools that we've worked with in the past, but have shifted to this for centralization.

Cons

Feels slightly clunky when you try to get 'outside' people in on your Teams call, who aren't already on the TEAMS platform. It always seems a small struggle, but then IT gets everything working. We share files and other Task posts and are always concerned about someone accidentally deleting something and how we'd be able to recover or Go Back. Not sure, but it might just be my ignorance.

MS Teams- Best for Educators and Students

I am amazed at the creator of MS Teams to think about this kind of app that all we need will be in one app. And with their great customer service, I am assuring you that this app will be a trend even after this pandemic. This is not only useful for educators. If you have a business, you may also able to try it for easy access to your business partners and employees. Great app and enjoy their new updates! Thank you so much MS Teams for helping us educators to make sure that learning is possible even in distance.

Pros

Since the pandemic started, our school required us to use MS Teams in order to do the online learning. What I really love about using this, is that it is all in one. You can do the call, chat, make assignments to the students, send files, create teams, group chat, and a lot more. This is not common in other apps that I know and use before which I need to download an app for the call, an app for me...

Cons

My only concern in MS Teams is about their updates. Due to the different timezone sometimes their updates fall when we are having classes. I hope maybe there will be a general announcement to our email about the schedule of system maintenance or are we affected by updates that they are installing for us to be ready and our students. Overall I do really love this app!

Microsoft teams for studies and work

All in all, despite some technical glitches, it works fine for us and we chose corporate version for all our internal and external meetings and we are quite happy with it. The online meeting quality is really good. If we could share files in browser app during meeting, then the software would be perfect.

Pros

I like that it works using browser when we are having a meeting so I do not need to install the desktop app and I like the cleanliness of the meeting page (where the online conversation takes place). Another important point is that suing desktop app, you can add files to share with the group.

Cons

The main problems that I have noticed: 1. I can not mute the meeting in the app or browser app (for example I need to listen to another parallel meeting and I can not do that). Only the entire computer can be muted. 2. Messy desktop interface, difficult to navigate. 3. A problem during login to desktop app when you receive a meeting invitation. When opening a browser app, then there is no problem, but when opening the desktop app, it requires some login and no mater what you enter - it does not work. 4. start-up during turning on the computer. it should not be the default setting. 5. The desktop app sometimes starts to act strange after windows update. 6. If I am not an administrator, I can not create a new meeting. Some almost free software allows it.

Game-Changer for Remote Workforce

We're still working mostly remotely, so nearly all of our meetings and communications happen through Teams. We currently do not have meeting video enabled due to infrastructure limitations (upgrades are in progress), but regularly participate in video meetings with our parent company. Since about 80% of our workforce is remote in (sometimes very) small offices around the country, we were expecting multiple issues - but it's all gone very smoothly. We've experienced very few interruptions (one), and although we do have the odd glitch (one person may drop out, or have sporadic audio issues), we have FAR fewer communication issues through Teams than we did before (using a combination of Jabber, Remote Desktop, landlines, conference lines, Adobe Connect meetings, etc.).

Pros

We implemented Teams early because of the pandemic. Long story short, Teams saved us. We had a large remote workforce before the pandemic that swelled to a 100% remote workforce overnight. There were some challenges with existing solutions in the first week, but once we implemented teams, we were able to pick up as if nothing had changed. If anything, our communication IMPROVED - I connected with...

Cons

Teams has a lot of capabilities, and it can be a bit daunting to navigate at first. My team produced the initial roll-out training, and even WE got lost occasionally when it was initially implemented. In hindsight, I would have created a guide on how the pieces fit together (e.g. files shared in a meeting can ALWAYS be found by returning to an instance of that meeting; files shared with people can be found in Chat, etc.). Expect a bit of confusion when you first roll it out, but once people get used to where to find things, it becomes second nature.

The best app for video/audio calls

Because of the Covid pandemic, physical classes are not possible, so we can only do online classes. Microsoft Teams has allowed me to collaborate with various working teams. Through Microsoft teams, I can engage in discussions with participants locally and globally.

Pros

Ability to share screens hence the best app for online learning and conference meetings. Allows syncing with Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Ability to mute users with background noise. The ability to record the sessions, so that one can revisit the session later on. Scheduling of meetings through the Outlook calendar makes it possible to plan for meetings beforehand. Being able to see and hear from meetings, therefore gives one the boardroom meeting feel. Allows the participants to raise their hand to participate in the discussion. Ability to share files on the chat section. I like how I can turn on video so that others can see me. I like how i can chat with participants on the chat section.

Cons

At times letting people into the meeting becomes a challenge. It keeps saying admitting failed. I would love to say that only the admins of the group can let the people into the meeting. At times the call keeps dropping, which leads to inconveniences. Switching between accounts is hectic since one has to keep in logging in and logging out to access the accounts. Instead of logging out, we should have a switch accounts option. Despite being a free version, one still needs to pay in order to access all the features.

Microsoft Teams Review

During the pandemic, our organization was nervous moving to a remote work setup. Teams was the best tool that could have happened to us. Whole transition was seamless and we were able to get the best out of our employees and there was no drop in productivity. It helped each member to collaborate with each other as they would in an office setting

Pros

Our organization started moving to Office365 suite and therefore choosing Microsoft Teams was a no-brainer. Teams integrates easily with outlook and the calendar which makes it seamless. Meeting quality is exceptional - both audio and video quality. Interface was intuitive and user friendly. It had all the features expected from a collaboration tool.

Cons

While I work on Teams channel on a document, I lose ability to check on my chats and interact with others. When I click on the chats, I lost the document and I need to navigate to the document again. This ends up being a waste of time. There needs to be an ability to open multiple windows for documents. Also, when a user is part of multiple groups and channels, notification gets overwhelming and confusing. In my experience, I feel that chat windows moves up or down based on updated messages and it can be quite tricky to realize which group or person one is conversing with. I ended by sending messages to wrong group.

Excellent collaboration tool for teams

Since we are already using Microsoft office 365, it was an easier jump for us to adopt and onboard Microsoft teams.Being satisfied with the tool, it also helped to get cost savings and tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem we have already adopted. I would prefer Teams any day over the alternatives purely for the peace of mind since it is more secure.

Pros

Microsoft teams provides all the functionalities like chat, message, call, audio/video meetings to enable collaboration among geo-distributed teams. We already had Microsoft business 365 setup, hence getting Teams was a breeze. We actually moved away from Skype for Business and adopted Teams for entire enterprise. It integrates well with our Microsoft ecosystem like Outlook, Azure DevOps, etc. Also it is very secured as compared to other alternatives in the market.

Cons

Microsoft teams UI seems outdated, it will be perfect to have a lightweight UI for desktop as well as mobile app for faster startup times for meetings. Also it will be great to have a centralized UI for all internal and external team org users

Great tool for both communication and collaboration

I've enjoyed the product and been seeing some serious improvements throughout the years and I really appreciate the work behind it. I like the mobile app as well and how things fit in the work ecosystem.

Pros

I'm using Microsoft Teams as part of the Office 365 suit both at my organisation and my university and it's been a crucial tool especially during the Covid19 pandemic when all of us started working from home and remote working was the new normal. My job in design requires a lot of collaborative working with my colleagues and other stakeholders and I haven't imagined how it would be done remotely before. Teams along with the other products in the suit made it possible. The call quality is great even with a lot of participants. Microsoft keeps improving the product by introducing new features quite frequently and they are certainly keeping up with the counterparts in the same domain. The user interface and experience are also going through continuous changes which are great.

Cons

The constant changes to the UI are sometimes all over and it makes it difficult at times to figure out the features or where to find them. Some great features are hidden inside others. Some major bugs surface at times where you get a teams call on your phone but not on your computer. A little heavy on resources at times.

Awesome communication app for the workplace!

Overall, I love using Teams every day for quick communication with my colleagues. The Shift management feature is also a huge bonus, as the fewer apps I can use to accomplish tasks, the better! Teams is a huge step of the the Skype chat days, and I'd definitely recommend any large company implement Teams if they're looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a top-notch communication software. The chat feature is what I use most on a daily basis, and it works flawlessly! Being able to have a quick conversation without getting on a call or going through the hassle of yet another email chain is a game-changer. I also love the "Shifts" app inside of Teams, which helps me with scheduling the part-time employees I manage who work events that occur on a sporadic basis.

Cons

The Teams interface can be a bit confusing at times. It's set up nicely, and improvements have definitely been made over the past year, but it just feels like it could flow a little better. Outside of this, there are no other notable issues.

Messenger of Microsoft Teams

Is a Microsoft 365 suite business tool that provides me with a platform to navigate through my computer and documents with easy during video conferencing meeting and messaging colleague especially in this Covid-19 period. This program features of conducting online meetings, recording meeting and play them later to write board meeting, sharing of data/files has made my workflow easier and the remote sharing of screen and allowed me to share control of my computer to resolve all technical installations/issues over the laptop remotely without the need to physically go to ICT office. The phone app allows user flexibly and no dependence on the computer

Pros

This product features has allowed me to hold/join audio and video conference meeting/conference/training with different employee across Africa and UK within the organization group, has enabled me to schedule appointment on the teams calendar and the system would timely remind me accordingly to the time I have specified, the feature to share the whole computer or a specific screen allows me to navigate between document whilst presenting and sharing specific screen allows for me to have a level of privacy and chose on what to share during the meeting. It has a backup mechanism were history chat and audio/video can be store as future reference. This product has a high-quality sound and video and user-friendly interface and emojis for quick user image expression response.

Cons

The product works effectively on fast internet connectivity and has shown buffering challenge with slow internet. This product is a 365 Microsoft suite and might require the user to buy the whole Microsoft product license even acquiring product in the suite that the user might not use in the business. This product will require big ram to enjoy a consistent connectivity.

Improving Solid Product That Works Well in the Workplace

Overall, this has been a solid Office product for us. It allows remote workers to stay connected. It is simple enough for everyone to use and has enough features that I don't have to install yet another product to get simple sharing done. Very few complaints from us.

Pros

It's a one-stop-shop for interoffice communications. Need to text- Teams. Need to call- Teams. Need remote access-Teams. No matter what level of office communication you need you can find it with Microsoft Teams. I have to be honest Microsoft was slow to roll out features. But, now that they are here this is a powerhouse of a piece of software.

Cons

Not the easiest communication software to use and every time you have to do remote access all the permissions get annoying. But, it works and that is all we need most of the time.