Microsoft Teams Reviews - Page 5

7,959 reviews

Excellent communication and productivity app

My small team was already using Teams before the pandemic and we liked it. When the pandemic hit, we made the decision to finally tell everyone that Teams was the preferred communication method during work from home and people took to it really well. It's easy to use and our users adopted it quickly. We still use it every day and I can't imagine it won't be a big part of things even as work situations return to normal.

Pros

Teams is great because it combines a lot of different things together. All of the video chat and voice chat features have obviously been great during work from home, but my team was using it when we were in the office, and it was great then as well. The concept of channels is great. All of the different MS products you can tie in like Planner or SharePoint are great. If you want it to, it can really be a one stop app for many of the MS products you use on a daily basis. It's got a nice easy to use interface and they are frequently adding new features and integrations to it.

Cons

We've experienced issues with not being able to use Bluetooth headsets with Teams as easily as we'd like. Especially with the mic not working. Also, while I love all the integrations it offers, some of them are just slow enough in loading that it's easier to use the native app. By the time it loads some of my OneNote pages, I could easily open and start doing things on the native app. I'm sure that will get better and it's still nice to have th in one app when I want it.

Easy to use file sharing and video chat program

Generally pretty good. It could use more robustness to some of the existing functionality but the amount of Microsoft integrations teams has is excellent. This is a productivity tool that helps streamlines and resolves a lot of administration that is typical of setting up and running project teams

Pros

Video chat and document control is pretty easy to use on this. The program integrates existing Microsoft programs in to teams. For example, you can store Excel files on teams and allow others to update/access it directly on teams, or by opening it through ms Excel which saves a copy on teams afterwards. Video chat and instant messaging on it is not horrible, but I've had better chat/video on other...

Cons

I find that there's still a lot of bugs that affect the usability of the program and several restrictions such as file limits and bugs with document control/sharing. Although teams has a lot of functionality being integrated, there are still other products out there that do it better. For example, there are products out there that have better video/file sharing control but there are no products that im aware of that has all the functionality that teams offers. The quantity of features is excellent, but the quality of each feature is not as robust as it's competitors that specialize in that specific feature. For larger organizations, I still think teams is probably the best product you can have especially if your tech ecosystem revolves around Microsoft products

Excellent Business software for sharing chat messages and content

Overall, this application is much better than any other information-sharing, document sharing, or chat discussion application for business and its compatibility with Jabra Evolve 40 headset is really great. I have never faced any issue with the audio quality if my internet is working fine.

Pros

1. We receive emails if someone pings when we are offline. 2. It is less likely that the message failed to deliver to the recipient. 3. User interface and compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10 are excellent. 4. Almost no crash report has been observed so far. 5. Automatic software updates are frequent which makes Microsoft teams better and better 6. It was easy for me to understand and switch from Skype for Business to Microsoft teams.

Cons

1. Sometimes with software updates, calling functionality disappears in Microsoft teams and we have to manually restart the application to bring back calling functionality. 2. Appearance can be improved. 3. Uploading in Microsoft teams is sometimes does not work and we have to again try uploading. 4. Sometimes I have to change my status manually while my system is restarted so that people could see my Availability.

Nice Team Meeting and chatting tool

The Experience is Awesome and I recommend this Tool to be used by other companies also for better collberation among the Team.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice and collaborative Tool. Video calling is very good and bright. Virtual Background setup is awesome. Sound Quality and Picture Quality is Perfect. Perfect tool for Team discussions and meetings. If a meeting will be started by any of the member then notification will come saying meeting is started by the member which is a great reminder. Great Team channel can be created for internal discussion. Its easily downloaded on Phone.

Cons

The Software is not available outside the network. There is no Reminder event functionality.Phone availaibity is not that good.

The most stable videoconferce solution

I integrated the teams videoconferences in my LMS ,everything was until i tryed to setup Q&A for my conf and and public acces to the meeting there is not current way to do that.

Pros

It has all the avaliability of azure cloud Several ways and options to schedulle a meeting Api avaliable to programatically create meetings Record of conferences Rooms and groups Integrations with third party apis

Cons

Need to have a microsoft acount Some options are only avaliable withs pecific microsft license level The live conference Just let an specifc amount of hosts The api for creating live meetings is limited.

A good communication tool with a lot of potential

We've been using Microsoft Teams for a while now in our work environment and it helped us communicate better internally by dividing the communication into different channels. We can make a call and join calls instantly.

Pros

Teams isn't just a videoconferencing tool, it's a collaboration software where you can have multiple teams and channels and have a discussion about each project separately.

Cons

Guests joining from outside your organization have some trouble to join, not very user friendly compared to other similar tools. Sometimes the software has issues on Mac computers.

Easist tool to communicate internally with the team.

Sorted out lots of things for us and now we are using Teams only instead of several tools and security it provides for chatting and data keeping us safe that things are internally.

Pros

Many features found in the program and security in sending messages, sharing files internally between the team. can chat 1on1, create group chat and select users, do calls with other team members, creating shift schedules and apply swaps, holidays on, share files on it, create tasks and assign it to team member, can work on any OS platform (windows, mac, android, iOS,....)

Cons

nothing much, it is providing us with everything we are looking for, may only that it takes few secs when first load on computer but other than that cannot think of anything.

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email. With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

Pros

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

Cons

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

The best of the simple, functional and practical

In general, I really like this software being the one I currently use in my work and it suits me well with an interesting performance and the convenience of being accessed on all devices. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

This is one of the most useful and useful software in the entire office package. After the implementation of this software in the companies where I worked, I realized that the tasks related to meetings and to be more practical and easy to perform, as it was no longer necessary to perform integrations or accesses in other environments or configure the infrastructure equipment manually. In the scenario...

Cons

It is undeniable to say that this software is not among the best in its category and is also very practical and functional, however, I would like to suggest a few things: 1. It would be interesting to list the documents and links sent in a conversation in a separate window within the chat of the conversation or meeting, so it would be easier to retrieve an old document for example. 2. When holding...

Teams is the "Go-to" digital connection for schools

Teams is an amazing tool for today's educational platform. We use it everyday to communicate and teach not only students learning from home but the students and faculty on campus.

Pros

Teams is the best option for all in one school communications. Now that so much of education is online and/or from home, TEAMS gives us the ability to connect to every student and every teacher whether they are on campus or in Digital Academy.

Cons

The learning curve for TEAMS is a little steep as it is so robust.

Mature, effective, empowering: a collaboration hub for teamwork

We began using Teams several years ago, and do not have full adoption in the organization. On some project teams, though, the app has become an essential collaboration platform and I would regret returning to email for this work. That's not to say that we have ditched email; far from it. Both types of communication have their strengths.

Pros

Since we began implementing Teams, I particularly have appreciated the effort the developers have invested in making notifications manageable. My favorite uses for this are one-on-one chats with colleagues and team conversations around an issue or document. Being able to link in a SharePoint file rather than creating a new copy of it is an essential feature that makes this work. I find the interface more pleasant and understandable than that of Stack, even though the latter is a more efficient layout.

Cons

Teams is apparently envisioned as the one place where work can happen, combing communication, file editing, and file management features. (Plus lots of other apps that have Teams extensions.) In reality, Teams is not nearly as fast or as efficient as using the Windows Explorer and desktop apps for managing and creating files. The integration with Planner is less powerful than I wish, but I believe that's due more to Planner's technology than Teams'.

Not Zoom

I love being able to instantly chat, call, video chat and collaborate with colleagues. Just need it to work with Bookings and multiple accounts.

Pros

Chatting instantly with Teams members adds the “down the hall” feeling of being in the office. Being able to see and hear improved collaboration!

Cons

Switching between accounts is too cumbersome and Teams meetings created from desktop Outlook result in no one being able to start the meeting when you have multiple accounts. I NEED this to work with Office365-Bookings, but for multiple accounts! Prospects that sign up for a meeting under one user name try to log in to the meeting with their business account inly to never arrive.

Teams has kept our team functioning at the same productivity while working remotely

We were separated because of the pandemic stay-at-home orders, but quickly came back together through Microsoft teams.

Pros

*Super easy to figure out how to use - very intuitive, even for low-tech users. *Allows people outside our organization to easily join on an invited video chat. *The video chat feature allows us to have a daily team huddle each morning and keeps the team together and motivated. *Teams allows us to have "chats" with user-defined groups. So every project has its own chat-channel. PLUS it integrates shared files into share-point. *Integration to other Microsoft products is helpful (Sharepoint, Outlook, and more).

Cons

*It was a little buggy integrating into my Outlook. I had to spend hours trying to get the two integrated and was fixed through some complicated settings I had to find. *It currently doesn't have break-out chat-rooms (taking a large group and dividing them into smaller groups). I had heard they are going to add this feature - but it is not yet available. *Since we present to youth, we need the ability to turn off chat-features to each other during presentations. This is not available like some competitors. Large-group webinar features seem to be lacking. *When we have our whole staff of 27, there are times it can lag and have choppy delays. Note: We are not sure if this is our internet bandwidth of Teams. *

Best Team Collaboration Tool

My overall experience with Microsoft Teams has been awesome. I have been using Microsoft Teams to have meetings at work, to have voice and audio chats with family, friends and my colleagues at work and to host events. Everything has been running smoothly thanks to Microsoft Teams.

Pros

I like how I can share screens with my audience while demonstrating something, this makes it easy for my audience to be on the same page with me. I also like how one can mute background noise while on call. This is a very cool feature on Microsoft Teams as it makes you audible enough to your audience and avoids unnecessary noise coming from your background. I also like the fact that one can do a live...

Cons

Sometimes admitting someone into a meeting becomes a challenge; you find that even after admitting someone to a meeting it keeps saying "admitting failed". I think Microsoft Teams should work on ensuring that the person responsible for admitting new members into a meeting is the admin or the person that scheduled the meeting, instead of making everyone responsible for admitting new members.

Microsoft Teams

I am satisfied with Microsoft Teams, as it provides nice way to chat with my colleagues and we are able to create additional channels via which we can check some information with another Team from our Organization, which can speed up our torubleshooting.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is great for one Team to stay in touch for instance or to conduct daily tasks via this Software. I use it daily to check on the possible next steps for some tickets, to help someone or to ask someone for help when I am not sure on the proper next steps. I also had meetings via it and also some trainings, for which I had option to download the videos, which is very good option. Also during those trainings, which were done via Meeting option, we were able to share our screens and compare our findings, which another great function of Teams.

Cons

Sometimes all of my Teammates appear as offline, even though we hear seconds ago and my internet was working normally ( for which I am extremely sure, because I have one Software which is extremely sensitive to the quality of the network on which it is being used and it didn't go down when Teams did ). Also, sometimes I am unable to share screenshots with my colleagues, as my pictures get corrupted during the upload.

At last! Teams is now the defacto standard for collaboration

Having use countless, similr solutions like Slack and WebEx, at last MS comes up trumps with a super, seamlessly integrated product in Teams. Having used Cisco WebEx and Slack, I was dubious about using teams, and when it was rolled out, I realised just how brilliant its become. I always derided MS products as being a but clunky and unable to compete with some of the "cooler" brands, but I am happy...

Pros

So easy to start a conference call, simple to schedule from Outlook, great conferencing features and IM tools. Integration with Yammer is great!

Cons

Some features need looking at, especially notifying the person who may be on mute for example, as well as having better capability on the whiteboard.

Microsoft Teams - A Necessary Communication Tool

We were able to replace a plethora of other software with one, Teams! We replaced our virtual meeting software and our intraoffice messaging app; and we've come up with a solution for our need to "text" all of our employees at once and have all of the responses come back to everyone. I know there is so much more that we could be doing with Teams, but the best part is that all of these communications are saved in one place. No more searching texts and emails and etc looking for communications. They are all in one place and they are saved until you delete them!

Pros

I love the variety of ways to communicate with Teams. We recently set it up to be our primary tool to be able to communicate with our entire staff on one platform that allowed for a group message with the number of employees we have. We have Teams on our computers and our phones, so there are a variety of ways to reach out to employees. I have also made sub groups of employees for communications that are only pertinent to them. Our corporate ownership is now using Teams to hold virtual meetings and it is working great!

Cons

Sometimes the set up can be a bit confusing, but the technical help we've received has been top notch.

Easy to use, well integrated, could do with some additional features and options

Like a million other people we have had to move to online meetings and transactions due to the Pandemic. There are other tools, and some of them are probably better for the video meetings aspect, but only Team has that integrated approach, especially with O365 etc. so overall the experience has certainly been positive. I have also found it to be very reliable, with almost no technical issues.

Pros

The biggest strength, by far, is the integration with other Microsoft applications, and in particular messaging and Sharepoint. Whilst the video function is probably the part I use the most, I especially like the fact we can work together, share files and chat all in one place.

Cons

The interface is a little too basic, but my biggest gripe is the lack of customisation, especially on simple things like video. For example, why can't I move the video windows around? Why can't I enlarge one, and reduce another? If you look the competitors, they all offer a bit more of a customised user interface. My second grumble is the disconnect between a team, a chat, and video call....why can they not be combined?

Great collaboration tools

I use Microsoft Teams as principal collaboration tools for video calls, screen sharing and the apps is great. For example you can invite someone with any emails addresses in an online meeting even though the app isn’t install on his/her phone or computer ...it is easy to use in a web browser.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a great tools, it is one of the app in the Microsoft 366 package (former office 365 ), you can use it for conferences call, sharing documents, creat group,...Microsoft announced Teams will replace Skype fo business summer 2021.

Cons

They could offer options to subscribe to Microsoft Teams as a stand alone app also, instead to pay for the whole Office 365 package.

Microsoft Teams Review

I created and assigned homework to your students with Microsoft Teams In my lessons, I use the "General" channel for planning and running the lesson. I announce the homework for the week (attaching the necessary files). Students ask their questions directly in the discussion thread. This has several advantages: Students can answer questions from their colleagues. Students can refer to it easily. This saves me from responding to multiple emails with the same question. The questions asked become an indicator of the notions on which I will have to insist at the beginning of the next course.

Pros

Microsoft 365 Teams has the following main benefits: - A conversation including text, sound, videos and the ability to share files; - A private conversation, ideal for developing an idea and then sharing with the entire organization; - Storage of all files, documents… in one place! ; - Integration of your favorite applications: Trello, GitHub, Planners, etc. - A possibility to connect to Sharepoint and OneDrive, with importing files from one tool to another; - A 100% free version; - Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons

- One of the downsides of the Teams encryption process is that it is completely controlled by Microsoft, not your organization. If data-at-rest protection is important to your organization, you might want to look at third-party protection technologies, such as CASB, as well. - While integrations with third-party applications can be seen as a benefit for users, they do not make it much easier for administrators. -...

Coordinate Remote Teams with Relative Ease

Teams has been an asset to my company during our transition from working in the office to working remotely from home. As an extension of our existing Office 365 platform, we were able to efficiently set up an effective remote communication channel that gives us access to shared docs, conversation channels + meeting recordings.

Pros

As a company with multiple departments, it was great to find a platform that allowed us to efficiently organize communications between specific departments and project teams. Being able to record our meetings and save them has also been a huge plus -- and having everything integrated into our existing outlook accounts was a major bonus.

Cons

Screen-sharing can be glitchy if you are trying to conduct a meeting using the web browser. If you are going to be sharing a presentation, I highly recommend doing so via the desktop app. The platform itself took a bit of getting used to -- the initial set up required a lot of tutorial watching to get the hang of. It would be nice to be able to add individuals to sub-channels only without giving them access to the entire team.

Perfect for Staying Connected in 2020

Teams has been a great tool for our company to share messages, whether between two people, a division of people, or across the entire company of 100+ employees. Our company switched over from Slack as we grew in numbers, and while the UI has taken a bit of time to become acclimated to, Teams has been invaluable for us for all of the available features and the integration with Outlook calendars and our other Microsoft applications.

Pros

Teams has been perfect for my coworkers and me in 2020 when everyone is working remotely. We can effortlessly communicate with one another through the chat feature. We have created teams for our various work teams, departments, societies, and even for interests outside of work. Teams has enabled us to continue our biweekly meetings directly in the app. In a training session the other week, through screensharing I was even able to take control of the other user's screen, which was a remarkable feat. Teams also connects seamlessly with our Outlook calendars, which is a great deal of help when someone is asking in the channel about my availability or when a Teams meeting is on the horizon.

Cons

My only real con with Teams is that I wish it were easier to set a status - the status auto-changes to away after five minutes and sometimes has issues coming back to available. Any away or out of office statuses aren't as readily visible as I would like. The UI overall could be a bit more user-friendly.

A Productivity Platform for Microsoft Stack

Over experience with Teams has been good but that may be because I am a Windows Admins, and is familiar with the Office365 stack. For OOBE Teams will do fine, but it does require some oversight, which is not what some chat competitors (Slack) require. However, this only applies to the chat module and not the entire Teams platform.

Pros

For Business use, you generally get MS Teams if you have Microsoft 365 Business Basic or any of the higher plans. Teams is Microsoft's platform solution to collaboration and productivity, which people often mistake it for something else (point solution for 1 requirement: Chat, or conferencing, or calling tool). Teams has received a series of features rollout in 2020 due to the pandemic, and has made...

Cons

1. Licensing may confuse people not familiy with Microsoft SKU. Hopefully you are working with a VAR or MS Licensing Expert to get your started. 2. UX as I mentioned is very poor in some aspects, but have improved considerably last few quarters. 3. File sharing can be improved. Users not familiar with OneDrive/SharePoint will have very messy permission schemes very quickly. 4. Administrators have a tough time managing Teams creation, due to requirements with Office365 Groups. This can only be disabled via PowerShell as of writing this review. 5. Integrations with most apps are very poorly done, and is often detrimental to productivity instead of improving it. This is probably a problem with the MS Teams app than the integration itself.

Review of Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a very good Knowledge Management tool with very nice Instant messaging and Collaboration features.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice Instant messaging and collaboration software. Microsoft Teams is getting popular and many organizations have slowly started implementing the same. Microsoft Teams includes very nice features like Instant messenger which useful for the employees to chat with other co-employees within the same organization quickly and getting answers when needed. The other features are...

Cons

Microsoft Teams though very popular also has few demerits. Microsoft Teams is a proprietary product and it is a paid tool. It also has limited free version but not preferred by organizations. There are issues like Audio disturbances and sometimes it take too much time to join the meeting as the application need to load initially. In big organizations there will be more than one Instant messenger and this can create confusion. Most companies already has Skype and have started with Microsoft Teams & both do not sync and update status during meetings.

Microsoft Teams is a best tool for collaboration

Its been 2 years since I started using Microsoft Teams. I have been using it daily throughout my job activities like attending daily meetings, scheduling meetings, collaborating with team members by sharing thoughtful information and posting announcements in groups or required information in chat and file sharing. Teams has made my day to day activity more easy and productive. Also I have been recommending Teams for almost every other person. Apart from those, the bright part is that I could use almost all the features the same way through mobile app as in Web and that becomes quite easy to handle any job activities remotely. Also it had driven me to explore and use many other apps that's being easily synchronized within the Teams application.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very user friendly application with plenty of features in it. The feature that I mostly been using are the Calendar where I schedule all my daily meetings so quickly and the Team groups where I use to collaborate with my team members and post any announcements. Along with that, the most liked feature is the Search bar where I can search for not only users and messages but also...

Cons

Though the Teams application doesn't have any major dislikes of any feature, rather it can have improvements in user interface likely having more templates, chat background images or color, though it has three background template options. It can also have voice message option, since I felt that's the only feature missing out here, were in now we can send voice message only when there is an unsuccessful call attempt. Also, any updates that are done being in background, which is otherwise a good thing, but that makes less visibility to any new feature or improvement added unless or until seen. So, I would suggest to have update notes or after the update just an automatic tour on the improvements.