All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Microsoft Teams Reviews

3,915 reviews

Why Microsoft Teams?

My overall experience with Teams is very good. I use it for team collaboration and project progress tracking.

Pros

The feature that I like most about Microsoft Teams is the Planner. We can add and track different tasks to different team members. We can also comment on the tasks done. The organization of different files of a project is also a great feature of Microsoft Teams.

Cons

There is no such feature of Teams that I do not like up to now.

Good platform to colloborate

Good, easy to use tool which integrates well with office 365

Pros

Background during video calls Chats Ease of finding contacts

Cons

Screen share can be made simpler and seamless Changing of screens should be easier rather than unshare and share Include computer sound should be prominent

Pretty Useful

Great program. Great price (its free if you have office 365). Use it even if you don't think you need to.... it's worth the time investment to learn it.

Pros

This software rocks. It's free, and even if you are sitting right next to someone, with no cube wall between you, you can still get major benefits from using this software for collaboration. My organization hardly creates "teams", but rather, everyone just IM's each other like we used to do with Skype for Business instant messager. When you do actually set up a 'team', there's even more great functionality

Cons

I wish that Microsoft Teams was in general way more customizable. I wish that there were more options for background color, and the style of the chat windows look too cute and bubbly for me. I wish I could choose a colder, darker skin that was more rigid and compact, but this is not possible as far as I know, unless you modded the program, which most companies aren't going to let you put custom code onto one of their work PCs just to change your skin.

A Great Way to Keep the Team on the Same Page

We've been using Teams for about 1.5 years in a company environment.

Pros

Teams has worked out great for our engineering and management teams! I've found that it helps keep everyone on the same page on projects, particularly via chat groups (or "Teams" as their called in the application). This works great to include employees that are working from home or off-site. Teams also allows for sharing files and scheduling / conducting web meetings, and the built-in calendar automatically...

Cons

We rolled out the Teams app automatically to our entire team, however not everyone wanted to use it. Once installed, the app appears to require sign-in to be able to disable it from launching at Windows startup (or via Windows startup options). It would be nice to have the initial login screen to also have an option to disable automatic launch without requiring the user to sign in.

Microsoft Teams for team collaboration

We can easily collaborate and share with our teams that are located in different offices.

Pros

Easy to use and it integrates with Microsoft Office programs. Easy to setup separate chat channels by project or teams. Screen sharing is very useful. Mobile application works great.

Cons

Would like audio conference bridge as an easy to add on option to the software to make it an easy solution for everyone to setup meetings that don't require being at a computer to participate.

Great Tool but needs some integration fixes

Its definitely much easier to collaborate on work. Excel work and PPts integrate seamlessley into Team.s Its great as a communication too and for chats, but lags behind in terms of doocument mangment capbility (or integrating with SP which is the MS solution ideal for that)

Pros

The stand alone app is great, much more smoother than the web app. alot more functionality too. The chats, the teams the channels and the ability to use office based apps seamlessley. Suyrper helpful given the current work from home situation.

Cons

Couple of things: 1. Data usage is really heavy (i.e., A multiple person 1 hour video call tends to eat up least a few GBs) 2. Microsoft needs to work on better integrating Team into share point itself. We have differnt projects filed in a specific format in SP, however teams works indepdentsly of that and we cant really maintain the same channel/folder stucture across . 3.The program can be a bit laggy and has really high resource usage.

Review of Microsoft Teams

My overall experience with Microsoft Teams is very positive and I highly recommend it to anyone who works in teams. You can chat with teammates which is nice to do separate from text messages so that you can keep your personal life separate from work. Like I said earlier we've used lots of other types of software and so far this is my favorite.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the functionality of the program. My coworkers in my department are all remote so it is very important to be in communication with each other. We've used a couple of other kinds of software and we've switched to Teams about 5 months ago and love it! My favorite part is that we can do our team meetings through this program over the phone or computer with the option to make it a video call with the ability to screen share. Since they have an app you can use it on both your phone and computer which is awesome. When I'm in the office I get very poor reception but since this software runs off WiFi I have no problem connecting on our calls.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that with the phone app it has the ability to send notifications which I have on so that I don't miss messages. Even though it should give notifications it does not on my phone screen which I would like to receive like I do with normal texts because I still miss messages. Otherwise I love all the other functionality!

Best colaboration platform for Office useres

I'm super happy with Teams and it's the best software we have deployed in a long time. It improved our workflow very much even during pandemic times where most of users worked from home.

Pros

The way it integrates with the office suite. It's so easy to share and collaborate on files with teams. Calls are very good and there's almost no failures in video/audio. You can open another programs such as OneNote or Planner.

Cons

Sometimes it takes to much time to open, it could be more lighter on computer resources. Share screen option when requesting control sometimes it bugs a little, the mouse does not work.

Great tool to help project teams connected

Overall I have found Teams very effective and convenient. We were previously using Skype Business to communicate inside the office and Teams is a great upgrade with much more features and flexibility.

Pros

I like that Microsoft Teams is very easy to use. It has several features that might this a powerful and resourceful tool. You can chat, send attachments, share video/audio/screen, schedule meetings on the spot, and I really like the fact that is connected to your Outlook account so your calendar is linked to it as well. I really like the fact that the chat history is saved and that you can mute certain groups or conversations if they're innactive.

Cons

Sometimes when you receive calls they are announced on both your hpone (if you have the app) and on your computer, but for some reason the incoming call on my phone drops immediately. Additionally, if you take the call on both your computer and your phone (if you are remote connected from home for example and you don't have audio access in your office computer) there's no way to select whhich audio and screen source to use - given that everyone is working from home, I wish this could be more flexible.

Could be better if Microsoft invests more to this product

If you currently have SFB in your organization, it will be very easy to migrate to Teams Online. The overall performance is acceptable as I did not face big problem organization wide. It does what it offers.

Pros

As most of the Microsoft customers, the implementation is very easy with straightforward instructions. Also, as it does not produce too many issues, the product is as implement-and-forget, which requires no admin effort.

Cons

The number of features are less than its rivals. Also, it will take ages until Microsoft listens to its customer to develop new feature. The deletion of a message is still not possible as I am currently writing which arises a big problem for the end-users as it sometimes causes big privacy problems.

Get your team together

You are always in touch with your peers, you are able to mention ( tag) someone in meetings, and if you are the person tag it highlights you, so you can pay more attention, easy to use, you can send long messages, short messages, and its very fast

Pros

So easy to use- it is linked to your work outlook account or email, so you can find anybody from your company. You can make team meetings with video or only by phone . And when you don't have the app open, you get an email with the message of the person trying to reach you, so you are always in touch with your peers. So easy to use and has the same functions as any other communication/chatting tool but with the difference that is job realted so it keeps your privacy and confidentially that is so important.

Cons

when you are not connected you get an email with the message of the person trying to reach you ( not bad) however if the person sends a multiple line texts you get several emails for each line- but that's not actually MT fault

Microsoft Teams brings together the best tools for efficient collaboration. It is robust and stable

Microsoft Teams allows us to take full advantage of its features in terms of collaboration. We can schedule meetings, carry out group conversations or share files, and most importantly, it is a platform that we can access from different devices, even if we are in a remote location. On many occasions, we have made use of this software to carry out contingency meetings, training or planning activities.

Pros

I like Microsoft Teams for different reasons: - It allows me to create reminders in a calendar, to receive notifications of events or tasks that I have on the day. - I can create groups by departments, which is very beneficial since we can share files such as photos or videos. - It has a live subtitle tool, for video calls. - The audio and video quality is really good even on slow connections.

Cons

The user interface seems very outdated to me. I would like to have better customization options, to give you a more modern appearance.

Microsoft Teams.. the staple for remote operations

Overall I love the program I think that it is very conducive to remote operations it has made things extremely easy in that regard. It has made it very easy for me to keep up with my staff knowing that we are not currently in the office or not as much and being able to maintain a consistent amount of communication between each other is all due to the fact that we utilize Microsoft teams.

Pros

There are so many pros to this software, but my top is the way that it is accessible on multiple items. For instance I have connected to my phone, my iPad, my computer, and my watch and it has been simply amazing. I love the fact that it is very easy for the user to utilize. From presenting your screen to other users, creating meetings within the platform, making phone calls and video calls, and being able to reply to specific information within a messaging page is amazing.

Cons

The one thing that I do wish Microsoft teams to develop is the fact that you cannot call individuals outside of the actual teams platform. For instance, if someone was to call me from external source I am not able to contact that person utilizing Microsoft teams and I wish that was something that they would just add on.

Microsoft teams is one of the best

For our research project it helps me a lot. When to meet the supervisors, what are the problems we are facing and the tasks for the deadlines was informed and discussed through this software in success.

Pros

In my academic life of engineering tis software helps me a lot to arrange my daily toutine and remind me what I have to complete on perticular days and how many days I have to complete my tasks. And also the group works and discussions among friends in teams was made very attractive and easier with the software and helps me to overcome the problems that occurred during studying.

Cons

Actually not much least about it. Some times it required a higher speed for loading the content. When Im travelling some of te places does not have better coverage therefore the software didn't work properly.

Great for Feedback

Pros

We used this platform for a number of departmental updates. It's the place where our monthly status boards would be updated for departments to print from the C-level employees that put them together. Also, used for our stocking department to find out whether there were ordering or stock issues within the hospital. Management updates: worked great for this. No one collaborated as far as questions/comments on the page, but they were good about keeping the file folders up to date. It was nice to be notified when things were updated and always prompted me to update our info. Stocking: this was hilarious and could have had an episode dedicated in the office, read cons

Cons

Stocking department updates: I think bi-weekly our purchasing department would write on the message board that you need to contact your local staff with certain questions. That did not dryer anyone from flooding the message boards with things like "how do I order one battery at a time, I don't need the whole box" just for a reply to contact local staff. I could go on, but it depends on how you want to use the program. The message board feature is busy, but the shared files is a lot easier to use than a shared folder with no notification that things have been added.

Great Communication Tool

It's a communication tool I use daily. It's a great way to informally have conversations with coworkers, especially when you work remotely and can't walk over to someone's desk!

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a great improvement from the days of emailing back and forth. It creates a great, searchable conversation history. I like the ability to have one-on-one, group or team conversations. Being able to belong to different teams is helpful too. For example, your Marketing and Dev teams can be separate. It's also helpful to use the app on your phone.

Cons

You can't easily share PDFs and some files. Teams can be a little confusing to figure out from a hierarchy standpoint when you first login and start creating Teams and group conversations. Slack emojis and gifs are better! I've had some issues with SSO and always getting logged in and have had IT help me resolve them.

Microsoft’s entry into collaboration

It is familiar for Microsoft users. The chat is reminiscent of facebook, which will be familiar to many users.

Pros

Users of Microsoft suite, which is most office workers will appreciate this combination of Microsoft’s familiar tools and a slack-like collaboration tool.

Cons

Synching is sometimes slow and problematic. We share a lot or Excel files and it’s not always clear who made the most recent changes.

Microsoft Teams Review

I enjoy using teams, my company uses this everyday and it is nice to be able to chat with coworkers while working remotely either via the chat function or a quick call/video call. We can easily send files back and forth, make posts, create channels within specifc Teams which are all effective features for our line of work!

Pros

The ability to have different teams is nice for my company because all the Project Managers are in a team, the whole company is in another team, upper management has their own team, etc. This makes it easy when we have conference calls so no one gets left out and we don't have to spend a lot of time adding employees to the call like we did through other software we used in the past. I also like how you can see other people's status like if they are available, in another call, not logged on, etc. Lastly, I love how you can leave a voicemail if someone does not answer your call, that is a great feature.

Cons

Sometimes the screen sharing does not work properly and swithcing between presenters can be difficult or slow if there are a lot of members on the call.

A must-have collaboration software for every organisation

It is a must-have software for every organization. Ever since our organization has been using Microsoft Teams, there have been several rounds of feedback collection surveys and every time it has exceeded expectations for most of the survey participants.

Pros

1. Microsoft Teams is the best collaborative tool by Microsoft ever and one of the best collaborative tools available in today's word. I can chat, call, share files, collaborate with internal teams, vendors/suppliers and clients, set up teams and channels, schedule meetings, attend and record voice & video meetings - all at the same place. 2. Seamlessly integrated with Office 365 which means the applications...

Cons

Actually, I haven't discovered any shortcoming as compared to other collaborative tools I have ever used. However, there are a few important features missing in Microsoft Outlook for Mac (as compared to Microsoft Outlook for Windows) which also affects the experience of using it with Microsoft Outlook on Mac.

Microsoft Teams - A Great Internal Resource!

We utilize Microsoft teams for all internal communications between coworkers and so far it has been a valuable tool for sharing documents and onesheets to increase efficiency and accountability. It has been an easy transition migrating from our previous communication software to focus on integrating all the Microsoft Office Suite applications.

Pros

Easy to manage internal conversations between co-workers with a great ability to share documents, resources, your screen for troubleshooting, and silly GIFS when the occasion calls for it! Seamlessly joins your Outlook calendar with Teams so that you can see when people are in meetings, busy, or available for communicating.

Cons

Layout is a little basic and could use a better structure to switch between groups and individual people. Also, the notifications get muted automatically and to change it gets a bit hidden in settings.

A team collaboration tool with all the bells and whistles.

We use Teams daily in place of email the majority of the time. Having almost instant access to each other and to have all of our collaboration in one accessible place has been a game-changer for our Team. Also, the screen sharing feature has been instrumental for us when we are in a pinch and need to see each other's screens. Especially for team members that work in a different city. I would recommend Teams to everyone and it is actually one of the first things we have new team members do is download Teams and join our groups.

Pros

• Great chat platform for one on one, or create a team chat with multiple people. • Send files, gifs, videos, etc. through the chat and easily save them to a device right from the chat. • Send team members "praise" in the form of fun certificates that you can customize. This builds a great rapport within a team. • Set up meetings with anyone and use screen share during the meeting. It can also pass...

Cons

There hasn't been anything yet that our team would like to do in Teams that we haven't been able to. We have all but replaced email to one another with a group Teams chat.

Easy to use meeting tool integrated with MS outlook

Excellent MS product integrated with Outlook that provides high quality audio and video conference capability.

Pros

The tool is intuitive and integrated well within your outlook home page. The voice and video quality is excellent with very user friendly tools to records, share sessions with peers across the globe. Ever since it has been installed, it has become one point choice to make a meeting schedule for the agency.

Cons

Sometimes, there is intermittent pause to the voice in the meetings. But this could be because of the network bandwidth. You need to install MS viewer settings to view the recorded sessions.

Great Way to Stay in Touch with Your Team

Great overall. If your company runs on the Microsoft ecosystem, this is a must-have for collaboration, whether you're in work-from-home mode or even if everyone's back in the office together.

Pros

Since "Work from Home" became the norm for more and more people in early 2020, Teams has become a very valuable tool. It allows me and my teach to stay in touch via chat, one-on-one video call, or team-wide video conference. Collaboration has been made easier via the text chat feature, and the ability to stay connected while physically separated has actually made our team grow closer and more efficient.

Cons

The only real complaint I have about Teams is the current (Jan 2021) inability to "Mark All as Read." If you go on vacation and come back to hundreds of notifications, you have to go though each one for it to register as "read" before getting on with your day.

Enjoy your work in teams with Teams!

In my current office we are working in teams. We have a lot of thigs to share with the team. Our management prefer to use MS Teams in order to achieve this. So now also I am using Teams every day. Especially as an IT company we have to share a lot of user credentials to different environments and also lot of especial notes to everyone. I cannot imagine what would happen if we do not have MS Teams with us in this case. It would be 100 times harder.

Pros

For the knowledge of the beginners, Microsoft Teams is a communicated platform which combines workplace chat, file storage and video chat. This integrates with office 365 suite. Easy to start working with this due to the integration with Office 365. Very simple and understandable to any person. Easily can keep your whole organization in a loop and make everyone aware of what is going on. File sharing...

Cons

I did not see much disadvantages so far but I think sometimes the file structure may confuse the users who are new to this.

Teams connecting everyone in the business

With a small business sometimes our communication lacks. This has added a new level of communication that does not require getting up to ask them or waiting for an email response. There have been times when you are upset with someone and need to ask them a question, well I would not want to call or go to their office. Teams has made it easy to ask that question without showing any anger. I think we have actually grown closer because we are able to communicate all the time, send memes or gifs and we can contact the outside sales team since they have it on their phones.

Pros

I love being able to ask a question or request information as quick as a text. Our company enjoys using the gifs as we are a like a family and need a little fun sometimes. You can share files as well which is useful. I know we have a few groups created that have files on Teams for those in the group to access.

Cons

I wish it was more intuitive when you first download the app. Some of my coworkers are not as computer savvy and need more help setting up. Otherwise it is pretty good.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.