All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Microsoft Teams Reviews

4,371 reviews

Teams is a game changer

Microsoft teams has hands-down become the number one tool for communication in our organization. The ability to not only send a instant message but to also have a video call and provide videoconferencing has helped us to stay connected and efficient during this season.

Pros

Ease-of-use, ability to attach documents and files, and the ability for our whole team to stay connected in an instant is what I like most about Teams.

Cons

Early on it was a little glitchy. But as updates of come out and as our organization has become more familiar with the product, we have seen an increase in issues among our associates.

Fantastic communication tool if you are within O365 ecosystem

Overall it's a great collaboration and communication tool, but lacks enterprise social capabilities

Pros

We transitioned from using Skype to Teams few months ago. Overall it went smooth from a user's [perspective. The functionality is very similar to Skype but where Teams shines is its integration with rest of the Microsoft suite of tools. For example you can embed/share Word, PowerPoint documents right through Teams. You can also share your OneDrive for business in Teams which is great because you can collaborate with colleagues without having to leave Teams. There are many MS-approved apps that are available for installation in Teams. e.g. You can install Power BI app to share and discuss BI insights in Teams which is awesome

Cons

It's still a messaging app. Unlike Yammer and Slack, it lacks the social/group interaction element. It can be used as an enterprise social platform but it's not apparent in its design. No of emojis available are far fewer than Skype, does not have screen -grabbing tool like Skype

Great meeting application

Great application to use as a working group, you can set your daily weekly or monthly meetings . You can present your documents and projects, even you can create groups and share your screen and takes control on others screens

Pros

The ease of use, virtual meeting , and the share screen option

Cons

It depends on your internet speed, and internet connection

It has been integral to Working Remote

We started using teams a few years ago when we trying to try track workflow and project management. We used it for a while, but it never became a part of our work process. But in March, we tested out several online meeting tools and ultimately choose teams. It has kept our staff and agents connected remotely throughout this pandemic.

Pros

It is easy to use, we all are already using Microsoft office products so it was very easy for 90 staff and agents to adapt to it very quickly. 70% of communications since the pandemic hit have taken place teams. We use it for small team meetings, one-on-one, and entire company meetings. We use it largely for online meetings and chat between staff.

Cons

We tried to implement it for some workflow challenges a few years ago but quickly abandoned it. We were looking for an easy task assignment and workflow system. We tried teams because many project management we just too robust and required too much time to manage them. Ultimately, we found teams work assignments a little clunky, and no good report out on work assignments. It ended up just being a digital to-do list for us. I think if they added work request forms, reporting features, and a smoother assigning of task it would be a home run for us.

Great solution

Overall, it has been a lifesaver in the pandemic, has allowed teams to connect, and allows guests to collaborate with enterprise solutions. I have a lot on my wish list, but I'm grateful it exists.

Pros

I like that this blends the best of Slack and Zoom. The integration with Outlook is also useful, and they seem to respond well to customer suggestions.

Cons

Notifications are confusing. There needs to be a complete overall from a UX perspective prioritizing how people expect the notifications to display and channels to bold. The major oversight of the popup notification covering the chat it is alerting me to is maddening. Add to that extremely minimal and buggy (read: non-functional) call blocking, no automatic DND when meetings and calls are in progress, and more, there's a lot left on the Teams developers' to-do list now that breakout rooms are rolling out about a year too late to beat the competition.

One of the best connectivity platform available

I simply love MS Teams, I have been using it for more than a year now and it just makes everything better collaborating with team members has become amazingly smooth, ever since I started using teams sending mail has reduced. It's integration with other office products has made life easier.

Pros

Microsoft Team is simply the best connectivity platform available in market today. If you have have an Microsoft Office subscriptions it's a no-brainer. Teams (Channel) in MS Team helps collaborate with team members smoothly. MS Team integration with other office products has become amazingly smooth over year. But the best feature has to be how awesome the meetings have become since the days of Skype for Business.

Cons

There is very little to not like about Teams, the thing that I don't like is that teams is bit of resource hogger also there are no options to customize which would've been a great feature.

My Review of Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams has been replaced Skype for Business at our company. The change was very advantageous, since Microsoft Teams offers a lot more features.

Pros

This tool promotes a lot of teamwork and, in this special moment that we are going through in the world (COVID-19), this has greatly facilitated the connection between the teams. Avoid unnecessary printing, confusing emails, I'm a big fan of this tool. In the beginning, some strangeness to the product is normal, since we are used to another platform, but we easily get used to this tool and it is very...

Cons

As already mentioned, the initial strangeness is normal - the way of working changes slightly. It is a phase of habituation in which we feel that we do not know how to take advantage of the previous tool. However, I think that this phase is quite temporary and quickly accessible. I had some difficulty in configuring the notifications so that they appeared to me in a format in which I could handle all of them - this being also valid for the management of teams and channels that is possible from Microsoft Teams.

Microsoft Teams exceeded my expectations during COVID crisis

We started using Microsoft Teams almost two years ago. At the beginning, I did not like it at all because it was a new paradigm. When I noticed the ease of use and the way we were able to handle the homeoffice when COVID started, I simple fell in love. I'm able to compare it with tools I used before, and also with the experiences that my family or colleagues share with me.

Pros

Is really easy to: - Add contacts - Start 1:1 conversations - Start group conversations - Setup meetings with video support - Make group calls with one single click from an ongoing chat - Track conversations by adding support files - Do all the above with a mobile phone - Manage Office 365 documents In resume, with Microsoft Teams you really have a mobile office.

Cons

Perhaps, the new navigation of the latest version. I feel that is more difficult to navigate between chats and contacts. It used to be easier.

Microsoft Teams

Using Microsoft teams has really increased communication within our team, especially due to working from home. It's very nice to have an easy way to chat with the team, in a quick and casual manner. It's easy to share documents we are collectively working on and work collaboratively on them through teams.

Pros

I could not go back to not using Teams. Previous to this my company used a very limited and outdated instant messaging within our email client. Teams allows my entire team to chat, video call, share files and more. We have the ability to chat as an entire team, or break into smaller chats. It has increased our productivity immensely, it is very easy to ask a quick question, or share things in ways email just cannot compete with. The way it seamlessly integrates with all the other Microsoft products just further increases its positive affect on productivity. The video calls are preferable to zoom for our team and we have made the switch to teams for all our internal teams meetings.

Cons

Internally teams works so well for us. I will say that when our company has tried to host video calls with people who don't work within our organization there were some difficulties. They spend a significant amount of time helping folks use it, instead of the point of the call. So the learning curve was a bit steep for those who aren't using it all the time.

Seamless and Well Executed for Daily Use

Overall, I enjoy the simplicity of Team and it's seamless add in to Outlook. I do think however that is or more costly than other options such as Zoom and Slack. I work for a larger company and therefore I think the benefits outweigh the costs, but for smaller companies it may not be as much as a benefit.

Pros

I use Teams to collaborate with my team and colleagues daily. I love the simplicity of the process to set up meetings in Outlook (one button and that's it). I also like that there is blurred background option which is quite nice when working from home. Additionally, that chat function works as any other chat function does like Slack, etc., but the simplicity to be ably to hop on a video conference with a co-worker at the click of a button is great. The screen share option works very well and helps my team work virtually more easily.

Cons

My video always lags (it does not do this on Zoom with the same internet). Teams does not have as many tiles of people on the screen for larger meetings which is unfortunate, but not a deal breaker.

A lifesaver during uncertain times

At first, Microsoft Teams is a beast to learn. There are so many features that other platforms do not have. I appreciate that members of a team can edit files in real time and share. This keeps communication open and easy.

Pros

Consistently provides communication and file sharing between my team and other teams within the company. Consistency is important during uncertain times because we need something to rely on! Integrates well with other Microsoft products, obviously. However, this is still a huge bonus.

Cons

Make sure you work closely with your IT team to implement. Access issues can be cumbersome as well as trying to understand the platform itself. It is also tricky to add to a mobile device so I would advise against that.

Great for a company not so good for more than one

I have loved the product from the first day we tried it. we had moved from Asana. I found Teams to be much more effective as we are in an MS Office environment already.

Pros

Teams helps us organize, communicate and strategize in a joint environment. It helps bring the whole organization together.

Cons

I am part of two separate companies. Teams is not multi tenant. The work around is not ideal at all. They need to be truly multi tenant.

Best Team Collaboration App

Improved productivity; no random emails from outside the teams, access to files and folders on one platform. Connectedness with fellow colleagues. Ease of presentation.

Pros

Video conferencing capabilities Ease of sharing the screen using the open share tray. Chat, calls (audio and video), files, and folders can be accessed on one platform. Full telephony saves on extra telecommunication costs. Channels can be formed for teams or projects; members sharing files and folders in the channel The mobile app allows teams to be accessed from anywhere. Multi-user real-time collaboration; Video calls can be made for the teams within and guests such as consultants or clients can also join the calls. Ease of having company-wide meetings or training Recording and playback capabilities.

Cons

Should offer a stand-alone payment option. Calendar integration should be improved. User control for creating teams is open to anyone. User control/ privileges for file access is not available.

It is great deal if you are already on O365

Overall it has been good for the value it provides versus the cost of it

Pros

we are already on O365 so it came as part of the license without having to manager an extra tool at an extra cost. It is well integrated with the Microsoft suite so you can link your documents, SharePoint sites, etc... to channels that allows for more collaboration

Cons

-The quality of the calls gets rough sometimes especially in bigger groups 10+ - The app is resources hungry which sometimes causes the PC to be slow or causes the application to crash

Decent option for people who can't use Slack, Basecamp, or the like

I've had a positive experience overall and would recommend it to groups who can't use a (better) platform like Slack. But I wouldn't recommend it in lieu of a higher-end platform.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Outlook, so I can access all of my mail, documents, and can interact with my colleagues all in one platform. You can create different channels within Teams for either different team members or just for the same people but about different topics. It's a good way to organize your work, and it has taken the place of emailing in a good way.

Cons

It's pretty hard to share and store any kind of media on Teams. I know it's not primarily for that purpose, but within a team, we often want to share photos/videos for our social channels or blog, and it's nearly impossible. I wouldn't use this for any kind of asset management.

Best Team Collaboration software for MS Office suite users

It is recommended mostly for large-scale corporations and companies. For startups and small business, it is much expensive. For medium level organizations, it is the best option if they are already using Microsoft ecosystem of MS Office suite software. So it integrates well with Microsoft 365 Apps like OneDrive. It is suitable for teams working together on a project to share files and chat with each other. Email management becomes much easier.

Pros

The most important benefit for us is that it integrates well in a Microsoft software ecosystem. Meeting and video conference quality is very good. Digital communication is manged effectively by this software. Teams can work on their respective project with a team leader using its capabilities by sharing resources and persistently communicating the progress of the project. All the necessary video conferencing features are available like captions, background blur, live chat, sharing, and recording screen. It also supports remote collaboration features. It is reliable to use for teams and never faced any major issue using it on Mobile App. Web App and Desktop Application.

Cons

Its cost is not affordable for startups and small businesses. Another thing is that the user interface and settings need a lot of time to learn. It needs to be improved and should be user friendly for new users to configure it easily. Customer support depends upon the pricing plan you select. But there are rarely any major technical issues faced using this software.

Microsoft Teams is a Great Way to Communicate!

Overall, Microsoft Teams is definitely a step up from Skype for Business and offers more integration of other apps. However, it is still new and therefore has some more work to be done. But I would recommend for anyone who is looking for a great communication tool for a small to medium sized organization.

Pros

There are several things I like about this software. 1. It is an excellent tool to communicate with a team, no matter the size. Skype for Business was previously used and there was limited functionality. 2. Video quality is better than Skype for Business. 3. It can be linked to Outlook.

Cons

There are a few things I do not like about this software. 1. It is still new and therefore needs more functionality such as a more stable conferencing environment. There are connection and audio issues when conferencing with large teams. 2. Consumes too much memory and slows other processes. 3. Lack of notifications when trying to create a team. It will not let you know if the team exists.

Convenient Communication

We switched to Teams last year coming from Skype for Business when Microsoft started pushing it. There was a slight learning curve once we made the switch, but it's a relatively straightforward program. It is much more robust than Skype for Business, with collaboration on files being directly integrated to Teams. I'm out of the office more often than not, so I use the mobile app more than the desktop version. Microsoft did great with the Android app, taking full advantage of features such as direct replies within notifications. Overall, I've been quite happy with Teams as a collaboration/communication tool!

Pros

I like the integration with SharePoint allowing us to easily share files and collaborate. The mobile app is also fully featured allowing me to communicate with co-workers back at the office while I'm out in the field.

Cons

Frequently, when another user is trying to reply to a comment, instead of replying within the thread of replies, they create a new top level comment which ends up out of order or completely misplaced when reviewing the thread later.

Crucial for Adapting to Remote Working

Without Microsoft Teams, there is no way our team would be able to function remotely, let alone collaborate with other departments with this kind of efficiency. Good way to connect with those working from home as well as audio-only calls with some of our folks in the field. MUCH preferred to Zoom, especially when trying to incorporate all my day-to-day activities seamlessly.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to customize to your needs. Having both direct messaging AND the ability to create Teams channels and subchannels with different tabs (Chat, files, whiteboard, amongst other apps offered). Easy way to keep organized as well as keep everyone on the same page in these strange and remote times. Calendar, Planner, Teams, and Chat integrate flawlessly-- no need to do anything but update one and the rest will follow. Also LOVE that I can make a Teams meeting via a Microsoft Outlook invite!

Cons

Occasionally one random team member will experience freezes during video calls but won't be able to see they're frozen on their end-- leads to having to rehash things and is a bit awkward. Would love to see expansions on the Whiteboard app, like fonts and other things that would make it more like OneNote or Word.

Everyday Teams

Working as a tech support with huge number of other teams within our company, Teams app gives me possibility to quickly share a documentatio or other files over it. Screen sharing with option to give/take control over other users machine is great feature. Having bunch of new hires while working from home is not a problem when you have Teams. If they are stuck, they can simply share screen and let you guide them or fix it for them. Its very user friendly app, easy to navigate, very stable and it includes dark mode theme. My everyday work pretty much depends on communication with a lot of other teams, and without Teams app, that would be a real mess.

Pros

Teams Meetings is the best feature so far, it let's you create a meeting in few clicks. High quality sound and video with possibility of screen sharing to a group of people is a great option to have. It makes presenting easier and its not lagging.

Cons

Conversations should be kept a bit longer. Also auto updates should ask you every time "would you like to update?" giving you option to read what changes/improvements are made within new update.

Nice chat feature integrated in Office 365

We've been using MS Teams for about 6 months now. It took about a month of that to be comfortable with the switch. We do conference calls in teams, and it's become a good way for the field to share pictures and stories for social media with me. In all, I like it. I tend to mute notifications and leave it on in the background, though. I think it's too disruptive allowing it to push notifications to my desktop - I'd never get anything done if I left that turned on.

Pros

Since our organization is already using Office 365, it makes sense to just use this instead of another chat platform. It's a great way to hold side conversations and share documents - especially during covid, when popping by someone's office isn't an option.

Cons

It was a little hard to get used to because the interface is just different enough from our previous software. Conversations within teams get lost, so I try to stay over on chat. I also miss a lot of calls from people - I don't even see that they're trying to call me until I've missed the call, but that could be how I have my notifications set.

Communication simplified

Team has greatly improved and simplified our communications, internally mostly through chat, and with our clients due to the ability to schedule and lead web meetings.

Pros

We're almost all using Microsoft products in our professional, if not personal lives. Teams is another easy-to-use home run that handles most common communication needs. You can chat with one or multiple people. You can run web meetings and calls complete with screen sharing. You can even integrate with Outlook to add Teams information to meetings as you would create them normally. Best of all, if you are an Office 365 user or are looking to make that transition, Teams is included as a part of it.

Cons

I really had to think to come up with something to say, but if there was one thing I'd love to see added, it is the ability to organize or tag chats. Due to the nature of our agency where people are out of the office or with clients a lot, we all spend a lot of time using the chat feature. It's not all that difficult for a conversation or specific comment within a discussion to get buried in a manner that makes it difficult to find at a later time.

Seamlessly connect all office 365 prograns.

Overall, I use Office 365 for most aspects of my day to day work. Teams, in particular is perfect for an office setting and collaborative work. Some organizational complaints but in general very user friendly.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is great for team communication. Very easy to use, and ability to create chat groups and teams allows for effective collaboration. Seamlessly connects with other Office 365 programs such as Outlook and Sharepoint. This functionality is also quite useful because it allows MS teams to update availability status and utilizes user info already provided.

Cons

No major cons. Product is very useful in office environments but organizing files and conversations is not ideal

Remote Teams NEED teams

Teams makes remote work more fluid enriching remote employees job satisfaction. Seeing coworkers on a voice call isn’t the same as meeting at the watercolor, but it keeps the humanity in the remote workplace.

Pros

Less of a mess than a chain of emails for users that are actually logged in. Need a quick answer? Need a quick approval? Need a quick screen share? Teams can help you out. Video and voice calls will keep employees in the computer and not on their personal phones Team Wikis allow you to store information that comes up in chats often as a resource to increase efficiency Attaching files and screenshots is easy

Cons

We haven’t invested enough in training to get the full benefit of this tool so I’m not sure about cons other than there are more features than we are using and it can become cumbersome for team members that aren’t very techy.

Plus que fonctionnel

C'est un outil solide, non seulement pour la communication, mais aussi pour la collaboration. Teams est un outil génial pour fournir des applications, des réunions, des tableaux de bord, simplement du partage. Idéal pour une travail d'équipe.

Pros

La facilité de prise en main au bout de quelque seconde est cool. C'est un outil épuré sans surplus de bouton. L'intégration avec les outils Sharepoint et Office 365 est très pratique, le partage de documents est bien huilé et permet à chaque membre d'un groupe de le compléter et fur et à mesure, Toutes les applications Office 365 à intégrer au sein de vos groupes, c'est plus qu'un outil de communication c'est aussi un espace de travail. Création de sas de conversation rapide, pas besoin de préparation pour préparer une reunion en video conférence ou simplement un call

Cons

L'application présente de temps à autre certaines lenteurs, qui est néanmoins assez vite résorbé par le service client. Teams n'est pas aussi rapide ni aussi efficace que l'utilisation de l'explorateur Windows et des applications de bureau pour la gestion et la création de fichiers. Il s'agit plus d'un outil de partage d'information.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.