Nimbus Note Logo

Nimbus Note

Information repository and note-taking solution

Nimbus Note Reviews - Page 2

One place for all the stuff

Mostly positive, I run my side business, day job, further education and personal life on this tool. I can't wait for 2021 where they want to add more Notion-like features plus unique ones that no other note taking / workspace apps have.

Pros

It is very versatile, easy to use, localized into my native language and the team behind the product are very transparent, honest and open for feedback. I also really like the web clipper and the capturing tool that come complimentary with my business account.

Cons

Not many integrations with other tools (API/Zapier/...), the databases are a little weak (no formulas or relations) and collaboration tools still need a bit of work (no comments feaature or similar communication options yet).

Hi Saskia! Thanks for your support. All the mentioned features are in our roadmap, you can check the statuses here https://nimbus.nimbusweb.me/s/share/4244497/etd897m7ooisp1qmk0a8

Excellent easy to use powerful product

Everything is tidy, organised, easy to find and just a breath of fresh air!

Pros

We relied on Google Docs for all our document sharing and collaboration which works great, but it's not a tidy interface and grouping content into folders was never elegant. We ended up with 1000's of scattered documents, some shared correctly, others set to all. There was also never a place to keep private notes accessible. With Nimbus we split Design Team, Development Team, Private Notes and Company-Wide notes and using the desktop app this is so quick and easy to do. Embedded PDF's are a god send as this is where things get messy with Google Docs. Can see Nimbus becoming our one source of truth for all comms and documentation for sure. A great product at a great price and very low learning curve. Support is efficient and prompt so any questions are answered quickly.

Cons

No real issues at all from my experience. Everything is relatively self-explanatory. Even if you wanted to use this as your own private place for notes, you'll get working in minutes.

Thanks a lot for your review. Glad to assist you in the organization of your information.

Seeking A New Evernote

I am excited by Nimbus's potential and looking forward to digging into the inner workings and making it work for me.

Pros

I have used Evernote pretty much since day one but it is losing its way. Nimbus looks very similar to the old Evernote style and structure so there was no learning curve. It does operate in different ways to Evernote and a month in there is a lot to learn. One area where Nimbus stands out is customer support, both via email and the Facebook page is very, very slick and quick.

Cons

When importing my collection of Evernote documents Nimbus didn't import by folder which meant that I had to spend a long time recreating the folder structure and transferring documents to these. There was also an issue with the scroll bar running back to the top, but I reported this and I got a reply saying this would be fixed in under an hour.

Thanks for choosing Nimbus Note, Kevin!

Nimbus is getting better every day

I feel that I have more clarity to organize my workspace inside Nimbus. I have a personal workspace separated from everything else and I can achieve more in my day with this structure

Pros

This tool is growing and the developers have done a lot in the last month with the feedback of the community. I feel like this tool will be on par with people except for Evernote in one year or less and deliver some features that Evernote doesn't have. Nimbus note was slow on Android and Windows and that was fixed in about 2 weeks after people complained. Nimbus extensions on the browser had some bugs fixed and are more reliable. The Workspaces allows me to separate and declutter my field of view.

Cons

The search feature is my biggest complaint. In Evernote, everything was so easy to find and the ability to find text in photos was lovely in Evernote. Nimbus should improve the search feature in the following weeks They also should make it easier for the users to understand how to use the OCR when capturing documents.

Thanks for your review! The search was much improved with the recent update. Please check this guide to learn more about OCR http://nimb.ws/d2c964

My take

Generally serves my needs - eg keeping an accurate and networked place to keep notes

Pros

It has a lot of powerful features; privacy maintained unlike other similar software

Cons

Some restrictions. (Eg older notes). Can occasionally be buggy

Thanks for your feedback, privacy stands first for us. Notes from the old version of the editor will be converted in a new format. We are about to release the new solution. You will be able to access and work with old notes, we guarantee that they won't disappear.

Game Changer Note Taking App

We actually make all our team communication using Nimbus so it's become an all type digital asset repository for the whole organization.

Pros

Brilliant tool for information organisation. Nimbus is practical, powerful and helps you effectively keep your promising drafts. You can replace Nimbus with Notion and can save thousands. It has a great clipper i can say that one of the best in the market Great editor that you can use as the central for all your personal and business note-taking

Cons

Nothing i can say that i dont like as in my title this is a game changer application.

Hi Ersan! Thanks for your feedback! Glad you are enjoying our apps.

Finally, an all rounded note taker

Nimbus is has been a life savior in terms of combining useful tools into one simple interface, i have gotten rid of all my capture plugins, have discontinued my subscription elsewhere and i am now able to set up clients in single workspace thus eliminating confusion and maintaining tidiness.

Pros

This software combines very useful tools that i use almost every day. Its not easy to have a tool that takes notes, clips web pages, captures pages and stores your most important files all together. I love their CNAME feature and what i will love more is their whitelisting my workspace all under one roof! In addition, i get a generous storage package of 200GB and 40 workspace more than enough for my client. Nimbus is not your usual note taking tool, its the tool that other software wish they were.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve that i am still exploring although we have tons of resources and guides but i am taking my time to navigate through this massive software. Syncing has some issues but the team is very responsive so we are hoping they will sort it once and for all.

Thanks for your review, Joseph! Minor syncing issues are to be resolved with the next updates.

Excellent alternative to Evernote

Overall I like it better than Evernote and I trust they have more future!

Pros

Interface is clean, intuitive. Excellent text editor. Tags, folders, reminders, public link, attachments.

Cons

The web clipper sometimes completely fails in preserving a page format and that's annoying. Never happens with Evernote. The import from Evernote is 50%. tough to blame them as their is no standard they can rely on.

Thanks for your review! We are constantly working on Nimbus Web Clipper improvement, but still, if there are some issues with some pages - please share the website links at team@nimbusweb.co, this will help us to identify the problem. Please, double check Evernote import, we updated it from our side recently. We are looking forward to your feedback.

A Nimbus that even Harry Potter would be jealous of.

Pros

I was actually turned onto Nimbus a couple of years ago when I needed to screenshot an entire email template for a client. I used to try to stitch together multiple screenshots to make it work and that's when a coworker told me about Nimbus. I can quickly and easily screenshot anything and everything, as well as record video, upload it to my account and share a link with all to see. I can even CNAME it so that it's branded. Wonderful! The team behind Nimbus is constantly pushing out updates and has added new products to its core offering that are amazing as well.

Cons

There's absolutely nothing I don't like about Nimbus. I wish there were some minor updates to the video recording aspect, but they've already said this is in the works and will actually deployed soon, so if that's my only pain point and it's already addressed, then that leaves...nothing!

Thanks for your support, Matthew! We are working hard to satisfy our users' needs.

Don't Overlook this Feature Rich & Affordable Product

Nimbus Notes is a feature rich not taking app, that goes far beyond its simple note taking feature. It is well supported and the team continue to bring out new features.

Pros

Lots of features. With few restrictions . Multiple projects and easy to collaborate.

Cons

From a styling side of things, it can look a little cheap. I particularly don't care much for the emojis , . It

Notes, Notes, Notes

Pros

Nimbus is one of my core platforms for any type of writing I am now doing. Planning and outlining of presentations have become so much easier, organized and faster. The offline app is stellar.

Cons

The plugins for chrome need to be condensed into 1 instead of the now 3

Thanks for your kind words, Bill! We provide 2 Chrome plugins which are Nimbus Web Clipper and Nimbus Capture. They perform similar actions but in different ways. Clipper's main point is Read It Later function with the possibility of future editing, so it's information gathering and storage. While Capture is for visual messaging -screenshots, screencasts, sharing. Still thanks for the suggestion!

Easy and powerful

Pros

I am a former Evernote user and what I love most about Nimbus is the ability to create workspaces. I now have a dedicated space for each of my clients and I can share it with them without them being able to see the rest of the notes. The screen capture, text or video recording tools are incredibly powerful too and offer options that have become indispensable to me (being able to capture a web page in its entirety and not just the part visible on the screen for example). The price/performance ratio is just incredible. I also love the ability to integrate external elements into a note as "Embed". I use it for Teleportme and for my google docs.

Cons

What annoys me a little is the slowness and lack of precision of the research. The passage from one workspace to another is sometimes a little slow too. But i am pretty sure the team will improve this soon.

Hi Manu! Thanks for your support. We are constantly improving the speed, so stay tuned!

Stunning and feature-rich alternative to the biggies in the game

Pros

Nimbus has become my go-to app now because it has one amazing feature that no one else has - custom domain/CNAME support - makes it so easy to share resources or content with your team or community. Best of all, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super approachable and always open to hear ideas, suggestions from the users. I have seen a few my suggestions implemented in a matter of weeks.

Cons

The team amazingly responsive so I don't have a con. I remember how Nimbus was a few years ago, it has drastically changed now. Well done

Thanks, Adithya! We appreciate your support.

Nimbus Note is my Swiss Army Knive

Pros

A very helpful for immediate and automatic synchronization between my desktop and mobile devices! Share any documents with my team or with guests/the public via a shared link. You can create an overview page of the project with sections, links to other pages with more detailed information You can document your meeting notes, project summary, new ideas, descriptions of everything.

Cons

Duplicating notes is not available on the desktop app. Search functionality needs more improvements

Thanks for your review, Karim! We improved search functionality with the latest update - check it out!

Makes life easier, able to take notes anywhere!

After switching from Evernote, i did not have to regret for once, they provide everything i can expect, their customer support is very up to date, easy interface, awesome data management and many more,

Pros

As a civil engineer, i need to collect many information, sometimes its very hard to use different kinds of note book, Previously i was using evernote, after switching to Nimbus note, I can easily create my notes and organize them as my choice. I am able to find my docs , anytime. From anywhere! their customer support is awesome.

Cons

i really don't have any big complain about Nimbus note, They Are Continuously improving themselves, they need to work on syncing , i hope they can make better workplace experience for us.

Thank you, Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam! We're very happy you enjoy using Nimbus. We're doing our best to add new and useful features and are constantly working on improving the existing functionality. The opinions of our users are valuable to us.

Best Note taking software I used

Overall, Nimbus Note is easy, efficient and time saving. I usually use it to note down my office related works, meeting schedule, timings, appointment schedues etc. And the best part I like about Nimbus Note, I can reach them anytime I want. They makes my work much easier and I no longer have to remember all these, because of Nimbus Note.

Pros

I like nimbus note mostly because it helps me to note down all the necessary office work, meeting schedule and details instantly and I can reach them anythime I was. There's lot more exciting features they offer, voice note taking and more. And it is best and efficient than any other note taking applications available on the web.

Cons

There are some bugs and minor issues they need to work on. Somethimes it gets laggy and sometimes it stops working and all these was happening in the last version of Nimbus Note. But now, their latest update fixed some of the issues and I am happy that they are trying their best and fixing such issues.

Thank you, Raj Paul, for your feedback!

The best alternative to Evernote

This is, by far, the best note-taking and organizational app out there, and I have used most of the popular ones, including Evernote and Paper by Dropbox. Nimbus is the most feature rich, including lots of useful templates for productivity and a good number of different use cases.

Pros

Ease of use. Many cool features, including lots of useful templates for productivity and organization, including charts and graphs, tables, spreadsheets, etc... The ability of clipping anything from the internet is way better than others I have tried (including Evernote). The calendar and tasks features are very well done and easy to use and include in your docs.

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative at this point. I have used this software for like 6 months now, and I am enjoying every bit of it.

Thank you, Amador Costa for your support! We are happy to deliver value to you!

Great alternative to Evernote

Pros

I was able to grab a lifetime subscription to Nimbus Note, but even before taking advantage of the deal I’d already been saving notes and documents in the free version of Nimbus. I find the notebook application to be very easy to use with lots of features for editing and managing documents. Also like how assessable that is has a web, macOS, and iOS application. I also like that you can share it publicly to any note in your notebook. The nice collection of templates are also useful if you want to use Nimbus notes for managing projects.

Cons

My only wish is that I could increase the font size in the user interface.

Hi Bakari! Thanks for your feedback, please feel free to share your suggestions here https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket

Nimbus Note Business

Pros

By keeping the feature list restricted to what you actually need, rather than software bloat, Nimbus Note is very easy to learn and use. Vastly better in usability than EverNote which has gone the other way. Very reliable and stable, it has never crashed on my older MacBookPro and has great performance. Nimbus Capture and Clipper are great tools, and sharing data is easy and effective. Still has some additional functionality to come that would be the icing on the cake, but overall very satisfied with this software. Excellent multi-platform support.

Cons

Only minor gripes, regards formatting, but overall far less to complain about than Evernote or MS OneNote. Compared to DEVONthink Pro (Mac only) which we used previously, it's not as functionally rich, but it has other benefits like multi-platform support and sharing support which tipped it in our favour to move to NN.

Thank you for the feedback, Ronny!

Great for taking notes and keeping everything organized

Overall I'm very pleased with the software.

Pros

I like the ease of use and I LOVE finally having all of my notes in one place. You may be wondering why should you care - well, I've used a lot of apps for this and Nimbus is the one that finally made me stick with it. It's easy to use and it's pretty. I also like that the team behind this software introduces something new pretty much on a weekly bases -not so much for the sake of having new features, but because it makes me feel it is constantly under development and I'm taken care of as an user.

Cons

I've been using it for a couple of months only and I haven't tried all the features yet so it's hard to say. Sometimes creating multiple blocks in one row can get tricky which is annoying, and I'd love to get more storage space in lower priced tiers.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Alternative to Evernotes , Google notes, OneNote

I have been using combination of Quip, Google notes and OneNote. Very Easy to use note taking application for your personal and business needs. Available in pretty much available in any major platform. Though their web version is the most mature. It has offline access for use on mobile phone and computer without internet available.

Pros

very Easy to use note taking application for your personal and business needs. Available in pretty much available in any major platform. I like the OCR in photos when I take photos from meeting and able to search the text within the photos.I also like the ability to email my paper note directly into NimbusNote using smart tags so that it goes in my custom folders in NimbusNote.

Cons

It can be a bit slow to open and sync notes. Not able to do note linking like what is possible to remnote or complex tables like Notion (Link tables within tables)

Thank you for your feedback, Leo! We are constantly working on speed and sync improvement.

So many use cases - a must have

Nimbus fills so many voids for us - many of which we didn't even know existed. Rather than writing an email, we put the information in a Nimbus note, file it in the appropriate folder and share it. No longer can people say 'I never received that email'. And then in terms of as an event hub it is a godsend. You create your notes in two folders - private for your staff team and public for everyone to see. You suddenly have all the internal information and a handy guide for your audience in one place, well presented and incredibly easy to update.

Pros

Its flexibility. Whilst we signed up for a note taking app, it turned into so much more. We use it for assigning briefs to staff, client portals, event hubs and general project management spaces.

Cons

From time to time its speed isn't the quickest, but there has been vast improvements on that front, so we aren't too concerned. When it comes to the tables it lacks a couple of basic functions like pinning the first column/row and resizing all rows/columns. A couple more tweaks to add more flexibility to its public page presentation would take them to the next level.

Nimbus help me organize note with my team

Nimbus help me organize my entire note with my team,

Pros

easy to use, clean UI and UX, great customer support. i love everything from nimbus

Cons

i dont like the speed. lil bit slower. i hope nimbus keep improve speed, so we can work more faster

Thanks for your feedback! We are constantly working on speed improvement and have great progress so far. We agree that there are still some issues, but speed improvement is one of our main priorities and we will increase it in our closest releases.

Convenient Note Taking App

Nimbus Note is a great app for taking notes. It has a good very good, very useful free version. If you want, you can move up to the paid version for more storage and features. I’ve been happy with this app for my note taking needs. It’s really handy to be able to organize the notes in folders and subfolders, as this is the way I am used to organizing all my files, and I can set up the folder hierarchy in a way that makes the best sense for me. I can make notes on my computer or smartphone and save them across my devices and have access to them whenever and wherever I need them.

Pros

I love that I can sync all my notes and access them from all my devices. You can sync between unlimited devices, and there are versions for Windows and Android as well as for iPad and iPhone. The storage on the free version is enough for all my note taking needs, but if you add a lot of photos that could eat up a lot of the space and you might need the pro version in that case. Nimbus Note lets you organize your notes into folders and even subfolders, which I personally find to be very handy. You can use tags as well for even more organization.

Cons

It’s not a great app for to-do lists. With Nimbus Note, it’s just more complicated than it’s worth to create and use a simple to-do list, so I use an alternative app for that purpose.

Thank you for the feedback. We have a lot of templates to work with different kinds of to-do lists - you can check it here https://nimbusweb.me/note-templates/

Keeps ideas organized

It's super easy to set up and use. Their service is also outstanding. I wanted to add an additional email address for sending in documents and it was done within 30 minutes. I love being able to take notes and save ideas on the go while also managing projects.

Pros

I love the versatility of Nimbus Notes. I use it for everything from sharing documents with teammates to tracking my weekly runs. As a business owner, I need something that makes managing both work and personal easy and this fits the bill. It's easy to add notes, add screenshots, or email in attachments. They also have several ready to go templates for things like project launches or daily work.

Cons

This is no fault of Nimbus Notes, but I do wish it was integrated with Rocket Book. Otherwise, it's been easy to use.

Thanks, Angie Ross! It's great to hear that you like our product! Concerning the Rocket Book, unfortunately, we can do nothing here as they don't have API.