Nimbus Note Logo

Nimbus Note

Information repository and note-taking solution

Nimbus Note Reviews - Page 3

Nimbus Note Keeps Me Organized and Productive

I love this software. Just love it. It allows me to quickly dump ideas and keep track of all kinds of things, both personal and for work in all kinds of formats and in a way that makes it really quick and easy not to lose information.

Pros

I live that Nimbus Note is so flexible when it comes to how I want to record and organize my information. It's really quick to jot notes down so that I don't forget them and I use it a lot both on my phone and on my desktop to keep track of my to do lists, ideas for products, work processes, product creation, snippets of writing, favorite quotes. You name it and I use Nimbus Note for it.

Cons

There isn't a proper spreadsheet which I sometimes want to incorporate in what I'm doing. I can embed or link to a spreadsheet but sometimes I just want to turn a table into a spreadsheet with totals and I haven't discovered how to do that. Other than that, the tables are very flexible with a lot of different ways to use the cells for different formats.

The only alternative to Evernote

Good replacement for Evernote and very easy to switch from Evernote to Nimbus because of the good import function.

Pros

- easy import of Evernote enex files - Nested folders/structure - great support for embedding websites - formatting features of the editor like tables or inline images/documents - a lot new features are in the pipeline, so the app is constantly improved

Cons

- Synchronization sometimes a bit slow - some (but not critical) bugs like a not correct scaling of PDFs in the viewer - no drag & drop support to drag documents directly to the app

Hi Frank! Thank you for your review. We are working on speed and sync improvements. Please feel free to add your suggestions using the form https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket

Great Team & Service

I've seldom experienced such a passionate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is all over the place in various Facebook groups to answer hundreds of questions in light speed. In the past months the team has improved the service week after week.

Pros

In my opinion Evernote is a joke compared to this beast. NimbusNotes offers many more features and the price is a bargain for a team. Public notes can be beautifully branded and it is even possible to add scripts to embed live chat or other web functionality. It offers great flexibility in terms of organizing the notes in workspaces and folders. Every workspace can be branded individually. This is really great for company and team awareness!

Cons

Evernote has been slightly speedier to start the app.

Thanks for your review, Ramon! Speed improvement is our priority.

Great Alternative for Evernote

Overall, I am thrilled to discover Nimbus Note. In terms of features, it's better than Evernote. Devs are very active in improving the product. Nimbus Note has a very bright future ahead.

Pros

Nimbus Note is very easy to use, just like any other well-known note taking apps in the market. It looks and works like Evernote. If I'm not mistaken, the folder structure is unlimited, unlike on Evernote, which is up to 3 tiers only. They have an app for desktop and mobile too. The note editor is pretty straightforward, and it has more functionalities than Evernote.

Cons

Sometimes the desktop app and mobile app are having sync issues, but the devs are very active in fixing it and releasing updates.

Thanks for the review! We are working hard on improvement and release updates regularly.

Nimbus Note is what Evernote should have been!

Nimbus Note is the only app aside from my email that is always open on my computer and I access it many times each day from my phone. It is incredibly feature rich and has opened up organizational opportunities that I didn't know I needed. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]— is very accessible and support is quick and detailed.

Pros

I am a collector of ideas and articles. As a solo entrepreneur and content creator I am constantly collecting tidbits as I surf the web. Nimbus Note organizes my brain. Categories, folders, tags, workspaces — all awesome and very easy to maintain. The ability to embed a Nimbus Note in a web page for easy updating is the digital notebook feature that I never knew that I needed.

Cons

I wish I could have imported my Apple Notes into Nimbus Note — but I have a feeling this is less about Nimbus Note than it is Apple.

Thank you for the feedback, Joe! We are working on a new import feature, it's planned and already in our roadmap http://nimb.ws/3ksyV9

Amazing Services & Software. Close to an All-in-One

Honestly one of my top 5 Apps/Services. Since purchasing. I practically use it daily and love it.

Pros

I've always found working in bullet points works best for me. When I discovered the feature of the collapsable bullet points, this changed my note-taking and makes life feel more Zen :). It is one of my favorite features within Nimbus note.. (I've seen similar features elsewhere but there I was limited and with nimbus, there is no limit). Other than this. The amazing support and communication of the Dev team and community of users on social media all helping one another's productivity.

Cons

Occasionally there are some features that are available on the web interface but not there on standalone platforms ( however the dev team has explained that the web interface is the first platform to see these. and it takes some time subsequently to update the other apps). That said I've not yet encountered anything truly negative about this software/service.

Hi Tom! Thanks for your feedback. Our aim is to be an All-in-One solution for information management and we are reaching it.

Not just for taking notes...love it!

This is the first product I've found that enables me to pull full or particle articles from the web and store them in folders for later review. I use it daily.

Pros

What I love most about Nimbus Note is that it's not just for note taking. I review a lot of articles daily for course study. I needed a way to extract pertinent information to review at a later time. Nimbus Note has an add-on that allows you to clip full or fragments of articles that are then saved to Nimbus Note. It's helpful to have all of the articles in one place and separated into folders where I can go back and review later.

Cons

When adding articles to Nimbus Note, the link to the original article isn't included, only a link to Nimbus Note where the extracted article has been placed. It would be great to have the original article link in case I need to go back for a review.

Hi Shannon! This issue is fixed in new updates. Please update the Nimbus Note app and try again.

The All In One Note Solution

Pros

Nimbus Note is very easy to use. I was previously using Notion, but Nimbus offered a much better way to organize all of my notes, tasks, etc. in a way that made sense for me and my business. Its organization is more similar to Evernote, but with fewer restrictions and more features.

Cons

There are a few minor features that I used in Notion, such as being able to turn any text line into its own page for more detailed notes, but I rarely use this feature.

Thanks for your review, Alisha! If you miss any major features, feel free to share your suggestion https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket

Best replacement for OneNote

OneNotes recent changes to more cloud based storage and sync was a big deal for me. Also in the most recent update searching was broken. Nimbus give me all the features I need to keep organized and on top of my tasks.

Pros

Flexibility to use anywhere and have it synced with all my devices. Search functionality within documentation is imperative to my use of Nimbus Note

Cons

OneNote has a free from feel and I do miss that. Not a deal breaker, but would be a nice to have. Handwriting functionality would be great to have to. I would like to use my Galaxy Note Pen to take notes right in the app.

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to release the possibility to work with handwriting soon, stay tuned! Galaxy Note Pen, as well as Scribble for iPad, are in our roadmap.

Evernote replacement!!!!

Love it so far! I haven't looked back from switching to Evernote!

Pros

I was using Evernote for awhile and switched to Nimbus Note. Nimbus offers so many more features than Evernote. It is a growing company and they are listening to their customers. I did have some issues awhile ago and Support was excellent - they scheduled screen share time with me and wanted to make sure my issues were resolved. It seems like every day something new is tweaked or added to Nimbus Note! I am excited to see where this software goes!

Cons

At times Nimbus can be a bit slow to sync - I know they are working on it. Also, the desktop software doesn't have all the features of the web software - but again they are working on it.

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy our product!

Said goodbuy to Evernote when nimbus arrived

Better than Evernote

Pros

Nimbus note works on phones and desktop. Note taking is way more advance than others on the market

Cons

As of now I can't say I have a con with this app

Thank you for your support, Jorge Edel!

I love the product

Perfect note app

Pros

Desktop apps are awesome. I use the app everyday widgets are great.

Cons

I love all features. Would love to have public facing pages that are more URL friendly.

The best note taking app! Amazing complex solution to manage your ideas

Very satisfied

Pros

I really liked Nimbus. I use it on daily basis to keep track of everything. Loved the product. - A growing and organized/sorted link collection - An Archive for articles of interest - A new Help & Guides document (I try to copy the original one from Nimbus ;-) ) for my product - Central Place to dump (and share) ideas - Store for all kind of scattered info I used to document in Word, Excel, notepad++ and others.

Cons

Sometimes weak synchronization - errors with synchronization

I am a Nimboss with Nimbus

I am too pumped up with the tool and I use it almost daily. Rather I would say that I start my day with Nimbus and also End my day with Nimbus. It has become a spinal cord for my day to day work and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I love the fact this amazing note-taking web app has a fully syncing android and ios app. Nimbys are just so amazing as it is not just a note-taking app, rather it can do much more. Some of the most unbelievable and well-tought features of nimbus are, the ability to share my notes publicly like a webpage and also add a layer of security to it by adding a password to it. Also, I really feel happy to see how well they make use of emoji in our notes and the possibility to organize our notes with folders and tags.

Cons

Every tool or software has cons and Nimbus has cons too. But as I say the company is very open to feedback and they implement the needed changes as early as possible if they see it to be fit. Expecting Nimbus to make it a bug-free tool within a few months after looking at the pace of the development and improvement of the whole app and user experience.

Thanks for your support, Aka. Our constant updates are getting the product closer to the bug-free tool.

Almost there

Pros

I use this software because there are very little options that offer password protection. I love that you can have your notes protected.

Cons

The layout seems a bit dated to me. I would like to be able to pick and choose what is password protected and then I would like the option. To hide notes

Thanks for your feedback! We have password protection in mobile apps, we also have password protection for separate notes in our closest plans.

An excellent note taking app and much more

Overall, very happy. I used to use Evernote and some other note taking software but Nimbus is totally sufficient for our needs and is much cheaper than the competition.

Pros

A complete flexibility over creating your notes. You can have tables, links, bullet lists, to-do lists etc all within the same note and linked to any other note(s). Easy to share with your clients or teammates

Cons

The software is still in development and there are some occasional bugs from time to time but they get addressed by Nimbus team very quickly

Thank you for appreciation, Timur Burganov! We are happy to know that you enjoy our product)

I love it this software going to be my main Note Taker

Overall this going t ohelp me organise even my clients projects on different files adn share what i want wit hthem on a costum page plus we have the white label as well so you can really make it personal

Pros

I love the fact i can have a personal side and a pro side plus the fact that you can sahre the file as an HTML page to your clients so they can see the plan as well

Cons

to be honest Nothing I just love it oh just the mobile app a bit slow

Thanks for your feedback, Ach! We are constantly improving the speed on all platforms.

Excellent productivity tool

I've heard many great testimonials about Nimbus Note but always hesitated to test it out, since I already use OneNote. However, I'm very glad I finally did. It has many more features and is easier to use. I find myself using Nimbus more than OneNote these days.

Pros

Being able to quickly create and save notes on any browser or native app.

Cons

There are much to like and very little to dislike. One example is the Edge extension only saves to the personal workspace while the Chrome extension allows me to choose personal or business workspace.

Please try to reinstall the extension from the official store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-clipper-nimbus/kiokdhlcmjagacmcgoikapbjmmhfchbi/. If it doesn't help, don't hesitate to contact our support at team@nimbusweb.co.

Excelente, funcional e preciso.

Consigo capturar e organizar muito bem minhas ideias, amadurecendo muitas delas antes de escrever. Posso ter uma noção visual do que já anotei, para, depois, escrever o texto longo e final. Registro de reuniões e organização pessoas também são ótimos e sempre organizados visualmente.

Pros

O produto é muito fácil de usar, a organização das notas em pastas e subpastas é bem natural, como usamos em nosso computador. A opção de worspaces é excelente para o foco. O App para celular é limpo e funcional. Os comandos são precisos, tudo funciona muito bem, sem travamentos ou falhas, é eficiente!

Cons

Tenho apenas duas sugestões: 1) No app para celular deveria ter a opção de nota rápida, para que não fosse necessário carregar o app antes de abrir uma nota. 2) A coluna onde ficam os cadernos poderia ter a opção de escurecer ou clarear o fundo cinza. Dependo do monitor o tom padrão pode ficar ótimo, mas em outros monitores seria interessantes escurecer mais um pouco.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Good free to use extension

Overall for a free and quick extension, I would definitely recommend it. It's easy to use, it's easy to generate a link of the screenshot or video recording so that you can share it with someone, and it's free! If you're looking for something free, simple, easy to use, and something quick for your work then this is definitely the tool that you need.

Pros

Nimbus has pretty much all of the features that you can imagine and need. I've been using Nimbus for work for quite a few years now and it has definitely helped to have a quick and free extension to record videos and take screenshots. With one simple click, you get a drop-down list with all of the features that they provide. It's very easy to use.

Cons

The only downside of this extension is that there are times where the tools get stuck? Also, you can't really take a proper screenshot if there are two scrollable fragments in a single page, and sometimes when I do manage to take a screenshot of a scrollable page when I upload it, it looks like it has been cut off or something. I'm not too sure if these are bugs but it can be a little bit inconvenient when having a lot of workloads.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Yoselin! We always try to improve our app, so you could use it without any difficulties. Our team will take your feedback into account.

In world full of distractions, Nimbus Note become our must have note taking app.

We're quite satisfied with the Nimbus Note and they're constantly developing and improving it. Their support is also good.

Pros

It's super simple and easy to join the Nimbus and get started. We're successfully able to import all our notes from the Evernote(sorry Evernote).

Cons

They seriously need to work on the UI UX as Evernote Web Clipper is super amazing. Secondly, it mostly didn't work while taking full-page screenshots.

Hi Sumeet! Thanks for your feedback. We are actively working on Nimbus Web Clipper improvement. So stay tuned!

The Most Important Software In My Arsenal

Everything from customer service to user experience this software has been one of my best finds.

Pros

This software has helped me to release the need for multiple other softwares and subscriptions. It is easy to use white-labled and has allowed me easy document access and easier collaboration with my clients.

Cons

I didn't know about it sooner, I have still not yet to have found anything I don't like about it.

Thanks for your review, Greg! We are proud to be among your most important tools.

Great Note-Taking and sharing

Easy handling, day to day use. No thoughts or konow how gets lost anymore.

Pros

Webclipping is really easy and I can acces all my notes on all my devices. Sharing is a great option, perfekt for wikis and onboarding.

Cons

Syncing sometimes takes time. This could be faster. Also a possibility to encrpt with your own keyhrase would be a great feauture. Also a server choice in europe would be good for compliance.

Thanks for your feedback, Frank! You can add your suggestions here https://support.nimbusweb.co/portal/newticket, we are listening to our community and a lot of users' requests are already live.

The Perfect Notebook!!!

I've been using Nimbus Note for years and wouldn't organize my creative writing with any other notebooks. I have surfed the internet for a long time to find the one that matches my needs and preferences, and thanks to Nimbus Note they have give me the perfect place to settle my thoughts.

Pros

Organize on all devices. with folders and more.

Cons

At the moment I cannot think of anything

Thanks for staying with us, Clint! Our team works hard to be a perfect app for our users.

Great Competitor to Evernote

Pros

This has a lot of looks and features kind of like ever now. But, what is better is it has a ton of features that are much more intense than ever now. I really enjoy being able to have a folder in a folder. This has changed the game for how I organize my files.

Cons

I definitely got on the software early on so there are some bugs they're working out and sometimes the website can be a little bit slow. But there have been steady improvements over the last several months.

Thanks for your patience and support, Frank!