Notejoy

Collaboration tool for creating, editing and sharing content

Notejoy Reviews

Pros

I really like the the user interface is great and intuitive and has a good color scheme.

John J.

What I love most about it is the flexibility and the many kind of notes you can take. Also, I love the responsive customer support.

Jerome S.

Matt P.

Cons

Not a lot of functions and formating compared to google docs, coda. No tables possible (worse than evernote).

It lacks some features available in other online notebooks. Its theme is quite boring.

Kat C.

Several interruptions (an error message populates with mentions 'off-line') and sync issues when multiple users work a document.

The Linchpin for Communication

It's fantastic. It has become an absolute necessity for managing and keeping my clients happy. It is the first program I use when onboarding clients and setting up expectations and tracking progress. I made the most out of this product and program and I cannot speak higher of it.

Pros

What is there not to like? First off, it's a note taking/writing software. It sounds so incredibly boring I might cry. But it is so powerful and so easy and frankly it's fun to use. So I mandate it's usage for every client that I have because it both supplements e-mail and also replaces it. Whenever we create our roadmaps of service for the month, send out major updates, track ad performance, they are all integrated into this platform for easy usage. Additionally, I make all the clients create log-ins so they can seamlessly integrate their changes in the form of support tickets in the platform as well. With a little bit of education and clarity, NoteJoy has become one of the most multi-faceted programs for my agency.

Cons

I keep about 30-40 clients on the software at any given time. The only drawback that I have is that while it may be easy for my clients to seamlessly move between all of the notebooks they might have, it is incredibly hard for me to keep track of notebooks at times. I've suggested tagging things with colors that might get implemented at some point. The only runaround I have done is hashtag documents based on the day of the week so I can easily access their major documents on the fly. But really a visual change or indicator is needed. This is not to say that there isn't aesthetic differences you can make, I keep the program in night mode which makes it easier to read. But in the limited chance that you are going to balance 20+ notebooks at a time, you can definitely get lost at times.

Share with everyone

My company is in contact with eachother at all times. I can see lists of price drops and edit asap if needed. My employees can send me their own personal ideas on products and we can put our heads together and tweak it as needed, from anywhere. I dont need a conference with anyone. This program does that for me!

Pros

I really admire how all my employees can see my notes, change them and write their own. We can discuss changes to items with a click of a button. I love how my employees can add their own ideas to things. I can select who I choose to send/share my notes with. I also use this as a blog for my own personal use.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit overwhelming. But i have alot going on. So it depends on how you use the program.

Notejoy for both personal and professional note taking

Notejoy has dramatically helped us capture, share and manage any ideas, concepts, website contents, and checklists. The bigger picture is that it has become an entire database of information that helps me remain intact and productive in my personal and professional work schedules.

Pros

Notejoy allows users to categorize their notes, supports the creation of numerous notebooks, and has excellent search functionality. Also, it has a feature that lets users clip entire web pages for future references.

Cons

Since it's an internet-based notebook solution, it is impossible to access it as offline mode, which is the notable downside, especially when there is no internet connection.

Notejoy - to make a personal note or share with office.

It was well to use. At first, I also faced problems on how to use this software question. With time learned all features. Over all this one is good to use with best time expences.

Pros

To make a document type notes quickly and to share the personal or General notes with the Viewer easily. Here one feature is, the user can provide accessibility to the other users on the note that is a really cool feature. By the feature, we can easily point out who can edit or moderate or view. To compare to others software this one is the best to use.

Cons

Almost all features are good to use but one thing I must say - for the new users it's not easy to understand all those features which are helpful. So I will say tutorial should be easy for new upcoming users.

Evernote + Slack = Notejoy

- We were able to create a database of changes we made in another software - I am now able to create notes regardless of where I am as long as I have internet connection.

Pros

- Very fast - Accessible on all channels I'm using (web, windows, Android) - user friendly - collaborative with history on the changes and who made the changes - Works like slack but better pricing

Cons

None except I'm not able to use it on my android app if my mobile data is weak, But so far I am very happy with my purchase. I was able to convince my manager to buy so we can create a library of logs in our business.

Perfect for sharing ideas with your team without wasting time in another meeting!

I get the piece of mind that all my information isn't just on my device in the event of a loss/accident with my personal machine. I also get the real-time feedback/notes/questions from my team. When we're all throwing in on a note or document while in our own workspace at our own pace, it makes getting larger projects complete a much less stressful event.

Pros

With Notejoy, we're able to all throw ideas on a page while we're working and not stop everything for a meeting. The collaborative functionality of it is what is really wonderful. We can keep documentation for processes in one place and see when it's updated and by whom. The metrics provided are really a neat touch. Mobile use is much easier than some of the same players in the space. It's also very quick and easy to use in a hurry, unlike another service we used that always seemed laggy and resulted in people just staring at something load during a meeting and breaking the rhythm. Compared to what we were using, it's much more structured and organized. We've moved all our notes and documents over from other platforms to Notejoy.

Cons

Notejoy is great and I don't really have any cons to list. With many collaborative tools like this, the hardest part is getting everyone on your team to stick to it and not fall back into old habits. It's not something I need, but I could see some employees needing constant reminders to use/update/reference the notes.

Note Joy - Portable Notebook

Overall, I am impressed with notejoy's performance and it's built-in functions. It helps me in safekeeping of my notes and also it help me communicate with my clients with ease.

Pros

What I like most about Note Joy is its portability. With its features you can bring your notes anywhere and access it throughout your devices. Also, it is easy to collaborate with your team when you are doing a project. It gives you freedom to take down notes and don't have to worry if it will be lost.

Cons

The least I liked about Note Joy is that it has less functions. Like I can't draw in the notes.

cool, but not sure about the business use case

Pros

It's a very capable WYSIWYG team note taking app, rivaling yet still staying well clear of being a full-fledged word processor by providing only two HTML heading styles and no typeface/font choices -- in many ways a good thing, because excessive formatting capabilities can get in the way of doing the actual work of writing things down.

Cons

It doesn't give ANY control over typeface or default font, though you can use the zoom capabilities on the view menu of the desktop app or of your browser to change the size of the display. Also, it's hard to understand where this app fits into the business world, especially because it allows embedding of Google and Microsoft documents -- if you have those things already (especially Office 365 in...

Great app for note taking

For me it was a change for good from other note taking apps such as google Keep or evernote. Also it's built on the purpose of sharing. Although I use it on a more personal note, i love that it is way faster than evernote, and also that the tech support team is always there. I wrote about a new functionality (being able to create tables) and the CEO answered me! not only that, but they told me about their roadmap and releases, which for me was very helpful.

Pros

I like that it's easy to take notes, organize your files. It's a faster version of Evernote, and a lot snappier. I enjoy most of it's functions, specially that you can copy paste almost any kind of file. It's also very fast compared to other note taking apps

Cons

If you're offline, it won't work. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's something they plan on resolving, but it's as annoying as google docs when you're offline. Sometimes I want to check my notes while on the plane or simply right something while being offline, with Notejoy you can't do that yet.

I love this notetaking software!

I use notejoy on a weekly basis to take notes for my multiple online classes and I will never go back to taking notes on paper

Pros

I love how easy it is to take notes on this program. I use it on my ipad to take notes during class and it has so many features to give me the best notes!

Cons

I don't have any issues with notejoy. The program works wonderfully for a free program. It has many tools to make your notes beautiful

The best way to collaborate over notes

Pros

Notejoy makes it very easy to collaborate with teams and stay on top of key documents. I tend to use it as a replacement to Evernote and Google Docs - it's much better for sharing, commenting, and working together than the former and more structured, organized, and powerful than the latter. It's easy to create notes and update them, file and organize them, and invite people in and see their edits,...

Cons

There are always more features being rolled out and the team behind the product is quite responsive and attentive. Given I travel frequently and don't always have access to internet, I'm hopeful that Notejoy will be able to accommodate offline access. However, given 90% of my time is in a connected environment, it's not usually an issue.

Notejoy is Simple, Yet Worth It

Overall, I had issues trying to organize my projects and ideas. Also, I needed something like this,so I won't have to rewrite or copy/paste work notes I have written. This helps me do this with the duplicate option in Notejoy. I don't have to write the same thing that I need copied. I don't have to write by hand the same thing I need copied because the duplicate option does it for me. So cool! Great problem solver.

Pros

I love this software. It's so simple to use, but it helps me keep track of my work. I absolutely adore the word counter option that is apart of Notejoy. I haven't seen any other simple note taker like this one have a word counter. I needed this so bad when I write or work on project ideas to share with other team members. This helps me know how many words I must write or continue to write before I...

Cons

I don't like how there aren't many other colors or font colors you could use. I mean I would love to see hundreds of colors or an area where you can make your own color. Also, it would be nice to have themes or a theme list.

Great note taking software

Notejoy is backed by a great founding team that has built several global products. Their support is unparalleled. The founders read every suggestion and are always responsive to ideas. The tool continues to delight - I have used it to collaborate with my team in documenting product requirement documents which the developer team, as well as account teams, consume to give me feedback and collaborate.

Pros

Notejoy is my direct replacement for Evernote. It allows the ability to store notes of importance in neatly organized folders thus allowing me to club notes in a logical order. It also allows the ability to give folder-wise access to users. This ensures that only the right people are reading the documents. The ability to comment real-time and give alerts on who viewed / edited a document bring in a lot of transparency and auditability. I also really like the search feature. I have seen the product evolve and continually add new features.

Cons

The tool does not yet have tables. That is an essential element that Quip seems to already have. Also, the ability to import documents from Evernote is important (their feature requests page seems to show that it is in the works)

The Joy of Notejoy

My experience with Notejoy really is turning out to be a “joyful” experience. I was a long-time, heavy Evernote user, but its bloat and expense finally became too much for me. So far, Notejoy seems just right—and I am enjoying it more than other alternatives.

Pros

Notejoy is relatively new, but it seems like a winner, with very responsive customer support, a willingness to integrate customer feedback and suggested features into their product cycle, and an already very capable cloud-based notes application, down the same road as Evernote, OneNote, and others. It offers a little more structure and organization than some of its competitors, which can be especially attractive if you are new to this market and haven’t yet determined your best use case.

Cons

There are happy little quirks in Notejoy that make it unlike other software in this market, but your mileage may vary along with your level of delight for some of its features. For example, as of its current version, you can drag and drop files into the app—but they have to go inside a “note.” These kinds of choices aren’t necessarily bad—I’ve come to think of these note titles as I might a kind of “file folder” in another context—but they can be surprising and, at first, a tad maddening.

Facilitates effective information management & team collaboration

I love using NoteJoy. Not only is the platform really good right now, the development team continues to refine and improve the platform with excellent customer communication.

Pros

NoteJoy is an easy-to-use but powerfully-featured platform for documenting, recording, saving, sharing, creating, and editing content for individual operators and for teams. NoteJoy started off as a nice platform for creating "libraries" of notes, with each note being a document of text, links, images, videos and MP3 audio. The team has been releasing enhancements in a steady and consistent basis....

Cons

Notes don't yet handle insertions/embeds from presentation platforms (like Beautiful.ai, Slidebean or Ludus) very well - the only workaround is to insert them as video links, and that doesn't work perfectly. A few minor quibbles about the chat function: - "likes" and engagement responses to comments or even to individual notes themselves are not very prominent - nested comments within a discussion only go one level deep

Pretty good for managing my large family's various information sharing needs... when they use it.

Pros

I like that it works with Mac and PC, phones, tablets, and laptops; pretty much every device we use can access Notejoy. In theory this should make it easy for my family members to centralize important data (household repairs, grocery lists, important phone numbers, documentation for the January car accident, etc).

Cons

I'll start by saying that I'm not your typical user my application is for a large family, not a business. You will probably have less resistance to learning a new tool than I have faced. That said, it's yet another thing to learn, and learning is hard. My people just aren't using it - they'll come up and ask me for information that I've already spent time entering into Notejoy, and when I tell them...

It is simply awesome! Find it very useful!

Part of Engineering team - Engineering Productivity, collaboration, getting stuff done and quick alignment across cross-functional teams. This tool needs more evangelism and may be good to be introduced at enterprise level. Can be partnered with other enterprise tools available like Aha, Jira etc. Once it is introduced I am sure people will stick to it. I feel another great use-case is analysts and data scientists work on sharing their analysis work. So, integrating this tool with Jupyter notebook, slack etc from engineering use-case would help. Also other visual analytics tools out there ... may be tableau... basically sharing an analysis and getting alignment quickly.

Pros

The ease of use, collaboration , annotation, search, team-space and tracking features are great. Adding table feature would have been useful.

Cons

I am unable to influence folks to adopt this though there is lots of advantages but it does not motivate folks enough to adopt. May be more awareness and evangelism will help. Last time I had tried I was very close to starting the use at LinkedIn however we got stuck at Penn test for security team.

Replaced Evernote and Google Docs For Me

Group note taking and the ability to keep track of our important ideas all in one place.

Pros

Absolutely love the fact that we can now organize all of the notes across our team, have it sync'd, and let everyone collaboratively work on a document at the same time. It's less cumbersome than Google Docs (although we do add GDoc links to Notejoy still) and more team-friendly / collaborative than Evernote. The concept of "group notes" is so obvious but only until we started using NoteJoy did we realize it was an issue with all of us taking separate notes (duplicate notes) in separate locations. Now we can keep it all in one place.

Cons

Like all new software, it takes a bit of time to convince your coworkers to switch over from another platform. Once you do, though, it makes keeping track of all project related tasks and documents much simpler. Would love an offline mode too, but I think that's coming soon.

As The Name Imply - "Notejoy"

I use this app daily on my Mac & mobile. I use it to jot down ideas that come to my mind when I am on the move and also my To-Do list. You might want to give it a try if you like a simple app where you can put down your notes.

Pros

- simple, responsive & intuitive user interface - comes with a mobile app whether it is Android or iOS. - I like the focus mode, word count, tagging and history feature. - integrations with Gmail, Gdrive, Trello, Slack and etc...

Cons

- I really hope they can improve the web clipper and give us the option to clip either the entire article, a small section/paragraph of what we have highlighted, the image or whatever our choice is. Rather than forcing us to clip the entire article as per what happens right now.

collaborative become so easy

enough for my needs. notejoy give simplicity and easy way to store notes and also collabs with friends.

Pros

its simple, I always use their desktop for windows. it's so easy like using notepad but this is more convenient.

Cons

we must use notejoy with active internet connection. also sometimes their desktop program is lagging.

Simple but powerful note taking

I've tried just about every notetaking app out there. I finally settled on Notejoy because it's faster than Evernote and OneNote and isn't overloaded with features that I don't need. This keeps the interface simple while still retaining great organization. It supports tags, has great search capabilities, and allows for the creation of many different notebooks. It's also nice to be able to type in markdown to speed things up. I don't use the collaboration features, but I've heard others mention that they're very handy for teams.

Pros

I like Notejoy because it is fast and has a clean interface that isn't cluttered with a million features that I don't need. They also release updates frequently.

Cons

There are still a couple of features that I'd like to see added, such as support for tables. Luckily, that is on their roadmap for a future update.

Notejoy has been incredibly helpful for our company's organization and accessing information.

Pros

The search functionality is what I like most about Notejoy. We've created a repository of important company information and it's amazing how easy it is to find with a quick search. Previously, with everything just in google drive, it was a nightmare to find anything. The transparency of information that this has afforded our company is really great!

Cons

We don't use the comments too often. I feel like there is room to make that even better integrated with the sharing of content and that could take the product to the next level. But otherwise, no specific complaints.

A tool that makes teamwork feel easy.

Team Alignment, Productivity

Pros

This is such an amazing collaborative tool. We have started to use this to document our internal processes, training materials, daily updates, and meeting notes all in one app. Notejoy is kind of like Evernote, but with add-ons to facilitate collaboration. It has note-taking/sharing abilities with real-time editing like with google docs. This has enabled us to cut a lot of communication overhead within the team. Notes can be neatly organized in folders and the tool has great access control features enabling access to only authorized team members. I also use this for a lot of my personal notes. The tool also integrates well with Trello which makes it possible to track detailed project requirements, so Notejoy helps Trello look good!

Cons

The software does not support the addition of tables just yet, but I do know it is on their roadmap. It's an evolving product, but really fast and their team is super responsive. I am hopeful they will be addressing this very soon!

Meanly nothing to say, Notejoy is a great tool for my productivity!

A lot of productivity, I repeat my self but so true!

Pros

Instantaneity! Everything is smooth! We can collaborate very easily, and see each other's changes in an instant. Checkboxes, images, text formatting everything's here! :-)

Cons

Minor bugs at reconnection when I lost internet, and I'm waiting for my Linux client! Ahah ;-) Not a thing I like least, perhaps more a suggestion: should be really, really great to have an history of changes, like maybe the date a checkbox was filled!

Hi Luka, thanks for your review of Notejoy and glad to hear you're liking it! Just wanted to let you know that we've recently introduced note history so you can see history of changes like your request. It's available in Notejoy's premium plans.

Less complexity = More Productivity

Works perfect for what I need it for. Would really like to see a more expanded version that would allow me to inexpensive space to post videos and have group chats when needed.

Pros

I get confused and have to think too much with programs like Slack. I'm sure the way a to of people think Slack is great but frankly I think it's confusing and causes me to think too hard every time I attempt to use it. This is where NoteJoy is different. I use it for my client Vision statements. Before I used Google word processor and it was confusing for people who didn't have a Google account and then it was confusing how to use it. Notejoy takes literally seconds to use. My clients love it. I love how simple it is to use.

Cons

One thing I would like to see improved is give me the ability to post something that anyone I want can see but that is all. I think it has to do with the feature set I bought originally though AppSumo so it may be available for monthly paying customers not sure.